/evog/ - Evolve General

Cataclysm Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/introducing-cataclysm-and-co-op-update-2-05-live-now/97767

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/EvolveGame/comments/4w3y1r/the_current_huntermonster_tier_list_according_to/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking character limit.

Wraith a best

>Still havent fixed Behemoth

>Hank still tier 0
What the actual fuck TRS

Jesus fucking goddamn.

Who gave the ok for this cataclysm? As if playing pubs wasn't hard enough with retards, now you have to deal with meteors hitting you in the head, krakens camping the green heals, and your medic running inside all orange auras.

I also tried out the coop feature. I thought it would be a fast way to get some coins and level up my characters. I was wrong. It is not fast.

RIP HANK
RIP SLIM
RIP MARKOV

>markov is too good, lets cut his damage by 10%
>people are bitching about how strong acid spray is since the monster can actively track you with it when you try to jetpack out
>lets nerf it by 6%

thanks.

>RIP HANK
This is your average /evog/ player.

No wonder they want hunters buffed and monsters nerfed.

Install is at 20%

I really only plan on playing the monster. What am I in for?

2nd time playing against behemoth the other day as assault#
i kept on jumping up close to it and using my flame thrower, was a really long match and died 3 times, after coming back the third 3rd time i thought hmm maybe i should attack from afar... tfw will never be able to say sorry enough

an enjoyable experience. the free tutorial monster you get is pretty fuckin' good now. the other op monsters would be gorgon against pubs, and kraken against everything.

You'll win 80% of your games until you hit level 40, then you'll never win again.

Brutal painful violation
After a while it will turn into brutal painful violating
Buy Kraken, be a dickbag

This game's development feels exactly like Hawken and Planetside 2 did before they died. Just desperate low-effort shit (adaptations)

[TIER LIST UPDATE]

>Blitz Markov moved down to tier 3 - despite the buff today his nerfs were way too great
>Gorgon moved down to tier 3

For your first few games, you're in for a good dicking

Then after you become familiar you'll do okay providing you don't get matched up against super good people

Markov is Tier 2 now after his nerf. that 10% damage hit is a really big deal, especially on damage oriented comps

Why is the new space caira tier 5? I have not played her yet.

i design new hunter charater
what do you think?

You might want to consider dropping parnell to 3 due to all the nerfs to perks. Weapon Swap/Damage/Capacity/Reload were all hit pretty hard and are essential for his damage.

>new map literally turns fights into a coin flip because people get randomly knocked around into damage fields

wew

despite being a medic she doesn't actually heal anyone

>slim fucking nerfed again just when he was barely viable under specific comps
>no rework on the useless spore cloud launcher

I guess I'm playing EMET. I really wanted to pick up Slim hoping that they would fix his Spore Cloud Launcher this patch— silly me thinking TRS was actually competent.

At least my boy Jack isn't getting anymore CD nerfs.

It really is a shitshow.
Giving the monster the ability to heal itself is fucking game breaking, that's why they removed the tyrants. Now they've implemented one because... Both teams can make use of them? But oh wait, the monster can just bat whoever he's focusing around like a cat with a mouse, the RNG meteors favor the monster in just about every way. It is hilarious.

And the best part? They wasted man hours on this garbage instead of implementing aviary, dam, slag town, broken hill mine, or any number of legacy's maps or game modes.

Seriously, what fucking imbecile gave the greenlight to this shit?

bad at heals

I've been doing double swap time and dmg for parnell and consistently hitting 18-27k damage

Why is this guy considered bad? He shit as much mid range damage as any of the others and cuts like a knife if the monster doesn't move for a few moments.

He has to aim for more than 5 seconds so markov and hyde pickers hate him.

I'm level 50 and the only times I lose as a monster is the 1% pre made group or I lose connection.

Because there bad and barely play.

Give it a week and she'll be tier 1.

So there would be no Tier 1 Assaults? As much as that 10% nerf hurts, Markov's still your absolute best bet against any monster.

Chain lightning is great against banshee mines and spiders. Not to mention the huge range that gun has, which is an amazing counter to monster mobility.

I personally don't think the nerfs on those numbers are that significant. Do you really think Parnell deserves to be on the same tier as Lennox and Blitz, while having very consistent damage at all ranges?

Pure trash. Her healing rates are awful first of all. You need to stand in a very obvious small round area for the heals to work - that is an absolute DREAM for the monster. All you need to do is deny that area and the game is over.

Everyone suffers.

>Wraith moved down because a her bugged decoy was fixed, but her bugged abduction was also fixed making it far more reliable
>moved down to tier 4 because a bug that anyone with half a brain could deal with was removed

This makes no sense at all. The decoy bug did one thing and one thing only, it allowed shit monsters to pick wraith and face roll really shit hunter teams. It was hard countered by slim, one of the worst medics for fuck's sake.
She is definitely still in tier 3. She does not get abused.
Please explain to me how you reached this decision to move her down to T4 and I will explain why you are wrong. She is T3 at the very least. At the very LEAST.

I agree that she's T3, but abduction is only good if you want to give a decent team a couple of seconds of free damage

it was hit for a total of 13% if i recall correctly. that's a pretty big deal on a entire utility based perk.

Maybe it's time to invest in silver rocket man and use it to manage your distance to the monster better. It does a huge difference for me.

I've lost to a Wraith perhaps once in the last week or so. And that was a combination of decoy bug and a fairly good monster player.

I'm seriously think about moving her back up, but as a hunter I've only been really hurting against Krakens and Goliaths. I think this is also due to the fact Wraith and Gorgon have very small health and armor pools, making way less room for mistakes.

Depends who you abduct.
Assault is usually best avoided, but they are a low priority target anyway.
It can be safely used on just about any medic but Slim, which is a big deal, and even then the damage he's going to do to you shooting you in face is still probably worth the abduct.
Supports are often busy doing their thing so again it is very usable on them.
The trapper really needs to be on point but I'd still say they are a viable target, but again, they are a lower priority than medic or support. For these reasons I'd say it is still a very valuable and usable skill.

It's value lies in the ability to control the fight and force the hunters to re-position around you. Abduction is a critically under-rated ability, granted it's bug is a problem, but I will maintain that it is more than worth the risk. Abduction is Wraith's bread and butter as much as Warp Blast is.

Please do not let the legion of skew your tier list. Too many bads pick wraith and go for a decoy spamming build. That may be what is advised on reddit and the TRS forums but it is not what is advised in these threads. Your tier list is the /evog/ tier list, and if a new player follows the advice given her I can promise she most certainly will not be abused.
I play hunters as much as I play monsters, and I understand where you're coming from. When I see a Wraith pick it doesn't ring nearly as many alarm bells as some other monsters, but I can categorically guarantee that she will not "be abused" as her current tier suggests, so long as she isn't built around decoy spam. She definitely deserves to be in tier 3 at the very least.

Holy SHIT parnell is sex. 5 wins in a row. 3 of them with the monster at -3 health bars in the first dome. Don't get reload just swap speed and damage. They reload exactly in the time it takes the empty the magazine. It is like doing constant markov lighting damage at all range with the option to triple the damage output the moment the monster stops focusing you. This shit is bonkers.

>monster focusing assault
Is it actually viable after all the assault shield nerfs now?

>They reload exactly in the time it takes the empty the magazine
I'm an autist and this is very pleasing

If there was a male Wraith, would it just be a trap?

Not really I think unless you know he has over committed and you can down him. Does the most damage but does the least to keep the other hunters up and downing hunters is the priority for the monster.

If a hyde blows his entire jetpack and matrix just to get in your face then yeah fuck his world up.

yeah, assault takes half damage during it. only half. so your time to kill goes from 5s to 7.5s

>male wraith

I really can't control what kind of monster players I keep getting. I play a great deal of Support and Medic, and I am always focused by the Wraith. Any time I'm abducted I jetpack boost up once or twice and watch the helpless thing try to do something.

The most scary Wraiths are the ones constantly hitting those abducts and chaining them with the warp blast. I just felt I either got good at dodging those, rather than the skill level of the Wraiths dropping. I can tell when the opponent is a shitter, but those swimming in the sea of mediocrity can often be hard to judge accurately.

I've moved Wraith back up to T3, I suppose overall the change was more personally biased and uncalled for. In the end there's no way Wraith can sit in the same tier as Elder Kraken.

>[mandatory Tier List copy paste for CTRL+F fags]

Since you have it listed

How in the hell do you beat a good Kraken?

The ones that perma float in the air for 45 seconds at a time raining down death? It seems there is no comp that can deal enough ranged damage while avoiding all the bombardment in a protracted dome fight.

Markov should probably be moved to t2 tho
literally 10% dmg nerf

Still one of the best all around picks. No real weakness. Consistent damage. Can deal with a lot of annoying chaff like kraken mines and gorgon spiders with the snap targeting lighting gun. Mines can actually help protect your team while all the other Assaults have little to no ability to help aside from damage.

your best bet is to use good terrain to your advantage. that also means that a bad dome just means another two strikes to your team, or worse
also dont roach, kraken just laugh about it.

>half the assaults are tier 2
So we have on class that is actually balanced.

trapper are balanced as well

Trapper really isn't, the only thing keeping shitters like the Maggies and e griffin high is how good the 4 is.

You need a character that's good at taking out his little floating balls or at least rockblocks them. It's the same deal with Gorgon and its spider.

Got matched against a ESL monster with more than 20 times my play time. Can someone explain this 'skill' based matchmaking to me?

Are you saying that Kala is a trap?

based on overall win % is my guess. it really should separate for monster overall and hunter overall though.

>dissolving the lines between genders, species , and identities
>endlessly brings up this "fact" to all those around her regardless of the ongoing conversation and making it an incredibly big deal that everyone MUST be a part of
>self destructive behavior that will end to her being a burned out dead corpse

Yeah, she is a trans alright.

How do you beat a good Kraken? You don't.

The best you can do is have your teammates focus the banshee minese. If they run Grounder or the movement speed slow on attacks perk, you might as well kiss your ass goodbye. The only time they will miss that lightning strike if the terrain is heavily against their favor.

Just why is Lazarus that bad?
I dont get it

Speaking of medics, after playing Val, her kit is incredibly bloated and should be nerfed. She's got so much good shit to her, tranquilizer that slows and tags the monster, a sniper rifle that deals a lot of damage and creates large weak spots that amplifies the damage dealt to monster by 2x and a heal gun, also healing burst.

And how do we fix Torvald?

Clearly we need to give Torvald a tranquilizer mortar

>Just why is Lazarus that bad?
His single purpose of healing the team. He cannot do it. All he is good for is if your team is already kicking the shit out of the monster and you can undo a strike as it runs for it's life. If the monster is actually dealing damage then he is worthless. Any monster worth his salt will simply camp the body waiting for the revive. Rendering the team unable to truly fight back.

>two healing meteors drop on my downed body and heal me back to full
>doesnt revive
I am offended
This game is offensive

because he can't heal and hunters are given a strike if he brings them back from the dead. so he has literally no fucking purpose against any half competent monster. You used to be able to sneak revives if the assault got his attention for 1s, now you need to keep him entertained for 3s for a revive. Really fucking retarded.

Make his mortars work their magic faster or some shit.

Thinking of buying Slim
Is there any way to make him work? Perks or anything?
I do not wish to buy Emet, Caira or either of Val's. ( and I already made the mistake and bought Lazarus, not falling for Quantum Caira doe [maybe] )

Why the hell did they nerf Slim again ?

Slim isn't that bad, but requires more work than for example Val. his smoke launcher is complete useless, though.
he works best with maxed out reloading perks.

statistics said people had fun

>Thinking of buying Slim

I wouldn't if I were you. They just nerfed him again and he was just barely viable before. His Spore Cloud Launcher is useless and is basically a visual fx dispenser (I also read somewhere that it's actually bugged and that hunters who shoot will have their name and hp bar become visible, regardless if the monster is standing in the dome).

I'd argue capacity is just as good, just more expensive since no hunters have its superior versions in their progression unlock.

We already have a Wraith Trap and it sucks ass.

Sounds about right.
I'm waiting for the day when playing with pubs will become an absolute nightmare. Most of the hunters I get on my team are absolute drooling retards who just stand there when I'm boosting them as Sunny. Slim was (emphasis on was) the only medic I had fun playing before the nerf, now it's back to square one.

i'd wait until his rework since only his gun and heal burst are notably useful. his healing bug is aight for some free chip healing during jetpack boosts though.

>read TRS official forum
>only vocal monster shitter discussing there
>'why nerfing grounder, it was perfectly fine'
>'full DR is not OP, because you're mission out on feeding speed'

>people saying lazarus is balanced

My fucking sides. No other character was nerfed as hard as lazarus when 2.0 came around. Not even lennox comes close to the amount of nerfs that Laz got.

For maximum asspain on parnell. Do you do reload/capacity/swap/dmg?

poor serbian medic
its already hard to remove monsters from premises

reddit.com/r/EvolveGame/comments/4w3y1r/the_current_huntermonster_tier_list_according_to/

Guys, if at any point you thought you were shitters and still learning the ins-and-outs of the game, you should read the thread above.

How am i supposed to keep my team alive as medic when the supports never do anything to help?

Honestly I wonder with TRS even listens to monster main shitters, getting a win against a decent monster in pubs is nearly impossible.
You got monsters with 90% winrate for fuck's sake.

>but muh premades
Wew, that sure allows us to nerf hunters indiscriminately every fucking update.

Swap on tier 2 is the most important since it allows you to keep great DPS in rage mode. For tier 1 and 3 damage perks are a good choice but if you feel like you have trouble staying in the monster's face Rocket perks are good too.

Sorry, I meant trappers. Monster is hugging my buts 24/7 and I can never get a peel

we see Markov is much better than other assaults and we want to make everyone equally viable. so we nerfed Markov. what? you expected some buffs for the others? dont be silly, too much work.
t. TRS

My personal preference is swap > lithium > rocket king.
For me it's all about keeping up with the monster.

Pray for a retarded monster :^).
Other than that, there's not much you can do, you can try to play extra carefully but a good monster will always find a way to get your ass in pubs. Hank or Sunny are good choices as support to help protect the medic but it implies your team isn't shit.

Pretty much. I wonder if one day TRS will ever do something but objectively bad picks. The game has so many characters and yet I almost always end up picking a few ones because I know that my winning chances are slim to none with some picks.

It's just leddit being leddit as usual.

kek, a nice read
lellit are mouth breather

jesus fuck, im even losing to goliaths now. I just can't get a good team in ranked. down to bronze master. I'm a good enough caira, but it's like trappers and supports don't even exist

>even losing to goliaths
>even
Goliaths are good, though and unlike Wraiths and Gorgons they forgive many mistakes done by the monsterplayer

Normal Goliath is quite retarded on damage since the buffs. You should not feel bad losing to those at all.

Even before the patch, 1000+ hour monster players with Goliath were a force to be reckoned with.

I lose a lot and try the coop mode against bot monster... this is absurd easy.

You would think bot matches would go smooth as butter.
You would think wrong, never underestimate people.

It's imposible to lose against bot. What are you trying to say?

matches last 3-5min, monster (always Goliath) never reaches S2

>this is absurd easy

It is fun

No hacker, no autist and no retard as monster

I love all those loser tears who are pissed that pug groups can enjoy Evolve now.

it's never an impossibility
your teammates might be complete fuck-ups or just afk for most of the match
you might have 3 leavers and you're left with a team of bots and it's actually possible to lose with this game's AI hunters because they're retarded
If you get caught in an environmental hazard like those plants, the bots wont try to save you, they just watch you slowly die, medic occasionally heals you but that's about it

Never question how fuckign bad people can be in games, and how stupid AI is, or sometimes how good it is.