A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences...

A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences, ask for advice and questions and generally shitpost about the Fiesta ST.

Previous Thread: Fuck if I know
>"I got the Civic mate" edition
Have any of you ever driven a Type-R hot hatch? Was it actually any good?

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST to joining the MS3 and Abarth in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

speedhunters.com/2015/06/ff-dori-the-honda-civic-drifter/
youtu.be/57JVPbXXVW0
youtu.be/dKziKX9SZ7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for Dirty ST's

Britfag reporting in with love for the EP3 Type R

I own an fn2 gt

drove an FN2 a couple of months ago, what do you want to know?

I consider revving the shit out of an engine fun, so to say I quite liked was an understatement. Transmission is about as much fun as it gets in transverse setup. seats, steering etc are just as good as you'd expect from a Honda back then. It also had an LSD so it kinda pulled into the corner under power which felt amazing.

Suspension is very stiff though, almost too stiff for using it outside a racetrack. All in all a great car imho,and it looks amazing in white.

totally would own, but I'm in a comfy phase right now and content with my W124

Twas thinking of a Fiesta ST, but the standard features, options, and really low prices on a used MazdaSpeed3 is REALLY hard to pass up.

Ms3 is pretty glorious, good buy either way bud

I had one as a company car for a bit, sort of wish I still did

I'm considering getting a used 135i, what should be aware of these cars? Other than lolbmwreliability.

how are we supposed to know?

I meant, like common mechanical problems in these models and such shit.

Not a hot hatch

The 135i can be a hatch or coupe

as someone who owned lot of hatches , Mk1 gti, mk2 gti 8v and 16v. also g60 and rallye , multiple vr6 golf's , 205 gti , my personal last hatch was mk4 r32, but i driven mk6 R golf , but i personally feel that entire "hot" hatch market has kinda lost edge , but also know why , since base models of these cars are getting more expensive (same time much safer) top of models of range is getting far too expensive for what they are

2nd gen looks so goofy. What were they thinking?

but that said , i have been looking this one mk2 rallye that on sale ,

already sold also it was bit too expensive for me anyway

I got a Volvo c30, and I love it except the interior stereo. my stereo guy said it can't be replaced because muh Volvo. any ideas?

Get a Mk2 Focus ST

Starlet GT reportan in

fwd is shit stop lying to yourself :^)

inb4 le busrider meme

How good are the slightly newer Scarlet Galanza V models?

Are they worth a cheeky purchase for a fun track car?

What are your thoughts? I'm shuffling between a '14 FiST 50k mi for 15k, and a '09 MS3 with 95k mi for 9k. FiST has Recaros, and MS3 is GT, needs new clutch, and has some shit on the hatch glass that probably won't come out. Both are in top shape for wear and tear.

They're both essentially the same car, just with a different body style. The GT Turbo (EP82) is lighter than the Glanza V (EP91). Mechanically they're both the exact same (other than slightly different ratios in the gearbox of the Glanza).

Quite a few people track them. They're never going to outhandle an EK Type R etc due to the rear trailing arm beam axle, but once they have the usual coilovers, rear antiroll bars, anti lift kits, so on and so forth, they can hold their own. Really fun to just chuck around desu, especially with the standard quick spooling turbo. They're not cars for highway pulls, more for getting corner to corner with fast acceleration (unless you change the turbo of course.

To work on, well, same as any other Japanese hatchback from the '90s. No plastic cladding in the way, everything is accessible, everything is simple.

If you're interested, sign up at ukstarletowners.com, or take a nosy around. Plenty of build threads on there.

Top man. Thanks

Can't wait to see your car at Brit meet, looks tasty.

The Type R I can understand, but LMAO at people who actually think the american Civic Si EP3 is a hot hatch.

It has the garbage K20 with no real Vtec kick.

fiesta, you could try talking them down another 500-1k but it's still a decent price since it has recaros

Nice Fit. Anyone know what body kit this is?

Hey guys I'm dumb and made a thread about buying an ST-2 MK7 before I realized /hhg/ exists

it is stock facelifted ep3

I'm actually going to test drive one tomorrow.

Surely basic upgrades or even a turbo would get it up to par with other proper hot hatches, I don't see why it wouldn't make a good base to build off of without spending big money to import the better engine.

I know you're trolling, but the EU-market Jazz Si is a thing.

>Surely basic upgrades or even a turbo would get it up to par with other proper hot hatches

In that case, why not get a factory turbo hatch like the Fiesta or Mazda 3?

Because the civic is within walking distance and hot hatches aren't popular at all around here so it's the only one for sale in the area.

It's clean and seems like fun times.

2007 GTI manual
I just need to put the MkV's face back on and install my CAI and the APR downpipe once they get here through the mail.

>bolting a turbo to a Civic Type-R
>the only 2000s hot hatch that doens't already have one

WHY.

I know you'll never do it anyway, but why would you even come up with this shit?

It's not a Type R, it's the considerably more bland American Si.

I was just making a point that there's the option to increase performance without doing a full blown type R conversion.

Am I not allowed to play?
Discrimination!

I'm considering picking up a Twingo RS for dirt cheap as a temporary run around thing. Tell me why I shouldn't

I'm gonna tell you you should look at a Swift Sport as well, and definitely pick up the one you like most.

what tires to get for my focus st? trying to be budget friendly. was going to get some Hankook evo v12 ventus or noble2 from discounttire (because it's local and easy) but they're not available at the moment. so I'm probably going to get them from tire rack.

any other tires I should keep in mind?

bampu

Why are the FWD containment threads always the comfiest and best on Veeky Forums?

Where do you guys stand on the FF drift debate

speedhunters.com/2015/06/ff-dori-the-honda-civic-drifter/

youtu.be/57JVPbXXVW0

youtu.be/dKziKX9SZ7I

My thoughts ? I think it's sweet and very inspiring. I kinda of want to build my hothatch for it now, just because I know it's hard but it looks fun. I don't like being shooed away from things I like because I'm fwd.

Here is my Rabbit, full ABA conversion, upgraded cam and headers installed, etc

well
>Drifting is a driving technique where the driver intentionally oversteers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels or all tires, while maintaining control for the entirety of a corner. A car is drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle, to such an extent that often the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right or vice versa, also known as opposite lock or counter-steering).

So technically FF can drift.
However, bald spots out the ass, since the rear tires do not spin as much.
When you drift a RWD car, the rear wheels spin and "push" the car forward and force the front wheels to spin.
When you drift a FWD car, the front wheels spin and "pull" the car forward, and forwards is against the rotational axis of the wheel in a drift, so more bald spots.

Anyways it's definitely not as cool as RWD drifting but it's much more impressive if you can sustain a FWD drift.

Nnnnnnnnnnoice

>5 doors

oh user...