/RWG/ Rimworld General

Sex slave edition.

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed)

Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Previous thread:

how fucked am I if I started with orion corporation aggressive towards me in the beginning?

they shouldn't bother you until you are stronger

you get killed by poorly balanced memes.

>parrot
>28.27° E 68.60° N
>Default Mapsize
>Avg Temp: -49.6C
>Avg Temp (winter): -72.7C
>Avg Temp (summer): -26.4C

I challenge you guys to build me the greates ice fortress. Post me your results!

68.80° N and greatest ice fortress. it's late where i live, forgive me

>design my base for me
ok

bump

Dude. At least take the seed that's at like -99.8c.

Anyone else thinks combat realism makes the game too easy? It feels like the AI can't handle the massive reach many guns have with that mod.

yeah, it seems like they always try to get too close. I always love realism mods especially when they change gunplay but I just couldn't get into CR.

But i am already done designing my base.

>bedrooms close to entrance to get faster into defensiv position incase of raid
>hydroponics as close to kitchen as possible
>setup of walking freezer, kitchen and dinner room means colonists will prefer meal area over raw foods incase i have edible raw food. berries for example
>colonists get room according to their profession to reduce walkin ways
>7x9 rooms in 2x3 block allow sleeping room + hydroponics while also storing batteries in hydroponics room without getting into walkingways

i just want to see what others come up with on the same map.

i just liked the general formation of the mountain. in my eyes it's great for building a base.
the cold weather is more a gimmick and not the feature of the map. while it's fun to see how other deal with the cold weather i want to see the general setup of their base

the suppression mechanic favors the defender more, because when they rush you you get the first shot. i suppose it's realistic but it also makes it easier for the player.

I think the problem is that they all start with the order to melee attack some door or object and only react after they ate a couple of bullets. Which isn't too bad on vanilla since depending on the RNG people can withstand a lot of punishment and the range on most weapons is pretty short.

I do like the improvements made to injuries, less limbs flying, more organs getting destroyed and bleeding is a lot more dangerous.

That being said the most terrifying raid that happened to me was a bunch of naked pirates with personal shields and clubs. I don't want to drop the mod, but it just seems too easy to beat any raid that uses ranged weapons. ;_;

Suppression was removed from the A14 update tho.

Maybe it was just that the map was easy to defend, since it was a desert with all the stone chunks removed.

oh i haven't tried it since because of several mechanics i didn't like

WHERE ARE MY RAPING MODS
I WANT TO GET MOOD BOOST FROM RAPING PRISONER RAIDERS

Can't rape the willing.

so this is how the thread ends not with a bang but with a whimper

f

anyone give some advice or post pictures of how to set up my defences for raids?

Sex slave mods where?

i bet this was done on purpose

>Managing

What?

colony manager mod

Nice uniform and hat

Base is going great except I just got the compact machinerary maker after way too long.

That's pretty elaborate. What's going on up north?

just straight up mining for whatever, also scouting.

that thing is a waste of materials imho

you're better off buying components

What the actual fuck is boozohol good for besides making settlers not do jack shit?
Are the mood bonuses worth the plot space? I could be growing hay for my chicken herd that RNG gave me instead of hops

They don't stock nearly enough late game, a power armor takes their entire stock. Besides, all the steel slags has to go somewhere.

They provide joy as well when relaxing socially and you can poison wild animals (Trader Mufallos and Thrumbos) easily with it.

if your pomf is about to go berserk you can make them black out instead

Any mod that adds more Joy stuff? Shit for idle colonists to interact with?

>you can poison wild animals (Trader Mufallos and Thrumbos) easily with it.
Explain, do I put them somewhere easily accessable?

Yeah, just leave them outside for them to drink and if there's no other food nearby, they'll drink themselves silly with it.

infestation keeps fucking me over

Why the fuck won't my 20 heaters keep this small shit shack warm?

Don't make fun of setup, haven't played in like 2 years so this is my first run

There are 2 ways to deal with infestations.

The easy way is when playing on a Winter or Icesheet map. Just vent the room to the outside and you will quickly have bug Popsicle.

The 2nd way is to leave your bed close to the entrance and place an Incendiary IED in an out of way location. Just run out when the infestation hits and eventually, one of the bugs will hit the trap and set everything on fire, cooking them.

Shit, here's pic

>Using coolers as heaters when heaters are an actual thing

Your coolers are not working since the outside is cool enough.

>why aren't my coolers working, reloaded

it says cooler. not heater. there is a difference

Holy shit dude.

Just totally glossed over the heater on that menu. Figured coolers are heaters when the warm end is facing into a room.

Whoops.

Honestly, it's really not such a crazy mistake. The coolers have a hot and a cool end, it's pretty understandable to think that they act as heaters as well.

That would also be pretty intuitive design, though naming them "Cooler" would be stupid.

That is understandable, I did consider trying the same thing at one point for that same reason.

Honestly I'm more impressed with him building so many of them.

>Target temp: 101c
>Cooler
>It's cooling the outside
user. Please.

Well, you aren't wrong, BUT you don't need to set the temp on them high. Put all their temps down to like 0c, and see what it does.

i think we've found our next op image

or you can just leave your base permanently freezing and wear parkas to prevent spawning at all, no need for venting

i'm thinking about a custom scenario.

you get 2 colonists.

first one:
>double fire: shooting, crafting
>single fire: construction
>traits
>very neurotic
>bloodlust
>psychically sensitive
>simple prosthetic arm

second one:
>double fire: growing, cooking
>single fire: shooting, mining
>traits
>jealous
>jogger
>chemical interest
>starts with one leg amputated

there is just no way you can restrict installing a peg leg for only the second colonist.

they idea is that you get 2 good colonists with their downsides. the trade off is that one of them is bedridden until you get a simple prosthetic leg.

other things you start with:
>450 silver
>20 survival meals
>random pet that can haul
>450 metal
>300 wood
>survival rifle
>20 herbal medicine
>5 normal medicine
>researched: microeletronic basics

Allright, bought a male doggo to complement the female doggo I started with, now how do I get tiny doggos?
Do I zone them so they are put in a tiny corner with food, or do I need some other method of semenating?

you need to make an animal double bed

My animal handler is having infinite food pickup/drop loops with Realistic Combat. Anyone know what to do about it?

did you try drafting/undrafting them?

You have to craft an animal semen injector using 30 plasteel and 3 components, then you have to make sure the Red Rocket bill is added to the injector

artificial insemination mod when
rape mod when
bestiality mod when

It fixes it for a while, same as prioritizing a different task, but when they eventually go back to picking up food to train they get stick in the loop again.

idk then

make a copy of your save and try enabling/disabling mods and see if it fixes it

Only happens for me when I try to tame a herbivore with veggies, carnivores are fine for whatever reason.

Ya, that's right. Weird. Maybe I should try making some kibble.

Parkas are a -20% to work speed and slows you down like a landwhale and are totally not viable on in hot biodomes. You also get the sleep in the cold debuff, parka or not.

they just fuck eventually, just make sure they have food and are in the same zone

>beautiful emily young
hello from dimension C-5236-F6

what's the max temp that bugs can spawn?

idk maybe you could use heaters to make your base 50 C or smth and just wear dusters

Don't think they have a max temp, minimum would be -17C. And you still get the slept in the heat debuff.

oh ok thanks

I finally realized I can switch storytellers

how long until the changes happen and I start getting more than 1 raid a season?

Why can't I build turrrets?

Depends on the difficulty and story teller but the cooldown for most raids is around 3-6 days and for Fallout/Fallen Ship type events is 2 seasons

Did you research them first? Or did you install a mod that mucked with it?

Virtually instantaneous as far as I can tell, of course, that doesn't mean you will immediately notice a change but I'm pretty sure there's no reason it would be delayed at all.

You probably haven't researched them

Price is scary but i really want to play this. What's the verdict bros?

Pirate and wait for a sale. Most mods are anti-DRM and free to download outside of steam so you can keep yourself busy until then.

>You probably haven't researched them

You're a fucking retard.

okay friend my mistake for pointing out literally the only thing that would prevent you from building gun turrets

>hurrrdurrrdurrrdurrrdurr he wouldn't have researched the one fucking tech called gun turrets and then not had the gun turrets and then asked

You should consider suicide immediately. Or go to reddit where you belong.

To make it clear for your stupid ass, I'm using the newest version+ the mods in the OP list.

Please fuck off because you're useless.

>research tech or turrets
>have no turrets in tab
>some completely worthless newfaggot from reddit pretends to be helpful and asks the equivalent of "lol did u turn it on" ?

You don't get upvotes here for this kind of cancer.

Do you really think I expect the people on this website to have any semblance of common sense or intelligence? There's a reason that IT support tells you to make sure it's plugged in and try turning it off and on again. Because most people are fucking incompetent retards and half the time this solves the issue.

>Why can't I build turrrets?
Why the fuck would I expect anything else from someone making this comment with no other information?

Friendly reminder that the theory that raiders decide to attack wealthy colonies harder is a complete fan fiction and not a single line of text in the game backs it up.

Are you playing on a scenario with turrets disabled?

I tried it, it's hard

Of course.

Because the History tab is just made up for no reason, and it totally hasn't taken the idea from other similar games like DF and the like.

Are you triggered by true statements? Not a single line of text in the game backs it up.

try looking in the code fuckface

implying you're intelligent enough to even begin to get into that

I'm sure that you've got that good of an understanding. It's okay, Jimmy. You proved your point. Go get some nuggies.

not if you have memebrasures on :^)

Show me where in the code to says that the raiders scout your base and decide to attack harder if they see you're rich. All you know is that richer colonies get attacked harder, and in order to explain that fact you come up with fan theories.

If you're so foaming with rage as to not even be able to form a proper response I you suggest you try to take it easy and stop posting. You're reducing the level of discourse.

>all these smartasses giving shit meme advice
>none of them play on extreme

>Richer colonies get attacked harder

>
HURR THIS DOESN'T EXIST

>You just admitted it
>You're autisming out over people coming up with fluff justification for why a mechanic exists
Do you even understand how retarded you are?

You seem unable to distinguish between the mechanic and the lore rationale behind the existence of the mechanic. Is your mind really incapable of separating the two? It's not that subtle a difference.

Is your ass really this inflamed over peoples headcanon?

>>>/reddit/

It does, actually. You get the note 'build defenses' very early after you start a new colony, stating that since you've been here for a while, pirates and raiders have most likely noticed you or heard about you so it would be a good idea to build sandbags and turrets.

why aren't my heaters working?

wtf is going on

Kill yourself

Top meme!

I don't care about their headcanon, I'm just laughing at their silly justifications for why it's totally canon.
>i-it's just a fluff justification
If only they could see themselves, they would realize just how much of a fanboy they appear.

That has nothing to do with raiders supposedly knowing the intricacies of your economy and deciding to attack harder. Nobody in the entire thread is arguing that the colony isn't slowly getting more exposure and attention.

Seeing as we're getting into old arguments, daily reminder that it is the duty and the privilege of workers to rise up and break the chains of exploitation.

>That has nothing to do with raiders supposedly knowing the intricacies of your economy and deciding to attack harder.

It does tell you they have the means to quickly observe whatever happens on the planet, even if it is a bunch of tribals rolling around in the dirt.