/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Gotta go fast edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible. gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/codestation/henkaku-android/releases
twitter.com/yifanlu/status/763097996300955648
pastebin.com/cE8EmydS
mobile.twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/763175872065142784
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for never ever

second for 5 hours

Where is Akarin~?

daisuki "daisuki /hbg/-chan"-chan

/エッチビージー/-ちゃん がだいすきですよ~

Reposting

Anyone else having trouble getting the mgba vita nightlies to load Roms?

Can a 3DS XL on 10.7.0-32U be downgraded without a hardmod/game hack

Shit man, I have no idea. What does the OP say?

BIG QUESTION:

What firmware should we expect the new small N3DS to be, especially now that 11.0's have been confirmed in the wild in Japan AND America?

Should I just buy a copy of fieldrunners right now to prepare for it in case it's 11.0?

Bug endrift, we can't do shit about it here.

They're obviously going to be on 11.0, and if you're stupid enough to think any different for even a second, you're probably too stupid to undertake this downgrading process anyways.

>Should I just buy a copy of fieldrunners right now to prepare for it in case it's 11.0?
Yes, because it's going to be 11.0

Fuck, that's a good question.

If only there was some kind of... guide that explained it all.

It just seems strange that I can get the old build to work and not the nightly

That's why it's a nightly, it can always break.

Is there another 3DS theme site? .es doesn't have lewd shit anymore...

Offline Henkaku when???

You could probably host it yourself.

that's boring af to setup

what are you talking abot ? Tehre are still NSFW themes, even tho most of them are shit

github.com/codestation/henkaku-android/releases

twitter.com/yifanlu/status/763097996300955648

I just completed all the steps of the plialect guide, however before I could backup all my files on my SD, I accidentally renamed all my files in my root so I decided to delete them all. Can I restart from my previous backup I made in section 5 of part 5 or am I fucked?

You are fucked.
We're all fucked.

PCSX ReARMed for Vita never

But why when it already has a working PS1 emulator?

Is it possible to do a system transfer from an O3DS with a9lh to a vanilla N3DS with 11.0?

We all fuck on the yellow brick truck.

can the 3ds hack into the matrix if i have a9lh installed

What hoops do I need to jump through to get TurboGrafx CD games working on my vita?

Yes.

2/o3DS --> 2/o3DS = OK
2/o3DS --> N3DS = OK
N3DS --> N3DS = OK
N3DS --> 2/o3DS = NO

Install mednafen_pce-fast.vpk from the Retroarch nightlies, put syscard.pce in your BIOS folder, and that's it.

yes you do the dsiware downgrade with that

Why options, right?

The official one can't FF, savestates/rewind, use generic bin/cues/simple memory cards. Specifically on the PSTV it also lacks scaling options and controller remapping.

I guess that's why even with all the VCs and "native" on 3DS they get dupes too.

Only if you've installed the MrSmithBegone homebrew first.

In that case, am I going to have a9hl with the N3DS and the O3DS will have nothing or both or none and I have to do some shit to get it back?

Any idea what firmware does the N3DS XL come with in europe?

>Didn't read the guide

Kek

Also worth mentioning there's basically no loss in bring it over (and they've already started/tried).

The N3DS gets "reasonable" performance purely via the CPU with dynarec. Currently the Vita dynarec is the hold up, but one thing it also has over the N3DS is a NEON-graphics capable CPU which, surprise, PCSX ReARMed is optimized for (and ARM).

There's no reason to not have it.

>am I going to have a9hl with the N3DS and the O3DS will have nothing or both or none
I don't think 3ds hacking is for you

10.7 or lower generally.

There's yet to be a confirmed case of a wild 11.0 in Europe, though with both NA and Japan having wild and special edition 11.0's, respectively, it's now possible and you should definitely be careful.

Shoot, i only have theredpill launcher installed. Guess i'll just have to stick with hacking the pentagon now.

Turn back now, before you brick something.

What is online-features like with pirated games on the 3DS? Do they work as if it was a legit copy or are they fucked?

Legit copy.

t-this is a joke btw fbi pls no bully

Nice, thanks.

Is the process for obtaining a game as easy as I think?
1. Browserhax homebrew->a9lh cfw
2. Torrent gamefile
3. Install game with FBI/CIA whatever
4.????

Learn to read the pastebin in the OP, there's a section on it, lazy ass: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS

You can pirate the game + all the DLC and use the DLC online, like in Smash for example, and everything will work fine.

Thanks much

Something I have learned in my 10 or so years of modding electronic devices

>if you ever ask yourself should I, the answer is almost always yes.

Especially when it comes to something that is only open for a small period of time. Nintendo are famous for pulling exploitable software from the eshop, it's a never ending game of cat and mouse in this scene.

What is the best PSP to get?

PSP Go if you're a non-retard.

Vita

Thanks, turns out I was just retarded and first had the wrong bios, and once I had the right one retroarch was looking in the wrong folder again because I forgot you have to tell it to save your settings. What an exciting way to waste an hour.

But can it do everything the PSP can and more?

yes

Yes, the 1000 can be used as a weapon just like the original PSP.

Desmume Vita is pretty good considering age and that the base is shit and was never intended for toaster specs.

they each have their merits, though i'd say go with the 3000. to break it down, the 1000 is guaranteed to be able to have permanent cfw flashed to it and some people like the bulky form factor better, but it has less powerful hardware that can hurt the performance of some homebrew software. some 2000s can also have cfw flashed but most can't, and some people say the screen is better than the 3000's screen. the 3000 has a brighter screen with less muted colors, is the easiest to get a hold of and has a microphone in it that nothing uses, but the screen can have visible interlacing artifacts and it can only use temporary cfw or infinity (slightly shittier than older permanent cfw). psp go is uncomfortable to hold imo, but some people like it and it comes with internal storage, whereas with other models you have to buy a memory stick or a micrrosd adapter, but be aware that it doesn't have a umd drive. avoid the e1000.

last I checked 2000's are cfw flashable; 2001's are not

>some 2000s can also have cfw flashed but most can't
Does that mean that it will have to be loaded each time? What is a good price for a 3000?

that's not right, the last digit just tells what region it's from. i'm not sure what does indicate whether it can be flashed, though.
it used to mean that, but earlier this year a new method of permanently installing cfw for late model 2000s and 3000s was released, so it's not really an issue anymore. i'd pay between 50 and 80 bucks for a used one, i guess.

Just got a playstation tv and it came with 3.35 I believe, should I just go right to 3.60 and sit on henkaku or stop at something lower to try out some other stuff?

Alright bois, I just got a 64gb SD card, gonna format it to FAT32 in a bit to transfer my shit to it.

Gimme some huge ass 4gb good games.

buy a vita instead

You have the luxury to wait until some good stuff pops up

I am doing the CFW thing on my O3DS, the thing is I'm kinda confused about is the part 4, is this part only for people who got stuck while downgrading or is it a necessary step after part 3?

no it's an important part to getting a9lh finish the guide

Nah even easier once you get a9lh just install Homebr3w and freeShop and you should be golden to get whatever.

Namefags are cancer.

k you greatly contributed to the thread you faggot.

Is there anything similar to PCHex that works for RBY on the VC?

any gen 1 save editor?

Could be wrong, but I don't think there are any that don't require a PC.

That's disappointing.

What have you even done?

That is a tripfag, actually.

the only way to pirate ds games on 3ds is with a flashcart?
what's the best one then?

yes

I use an R4i

What is this Canadian nonsense

I like bears and uniforms, but that is off topic

You don't have to apologize.

R4i Gold 3DS RTS, spelled just like that. be aware of the shitty ones from R4iSDHC.com

you know there are hundreds of R4i variations, right?

For the homebrew devs itt

mobile.twitter.com/notzecoxao/status/763175872065142784

R4isdhc GOLD pro

kek

Can I update 3ds games I installed with FBI without any problem?

O3DSXL 9.2 here
My browser always freezes on a red screen doing the hax as part of Part 1.
This has occured 7 times in a row.
I have copied the starter.zip contents as is directly to root.
and have repeated the following upon each retry with no success
>Open the browser, then open the browser settings
>Scroll to the bottom and Initialize Savedata (it also may be called Clear All Save Data)
>Try the exploit again
May I have some assistance?

yes but if they are out of region games you need an update cia

boot file is not on the root

Thank you

>already have luma
>not on al9h yet
>check guide
>all this talk about redNAND
>part 4 says I can treat emuNAND as redNAND
>Part 1, step 6
>"MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN RedNAND (IF YOU FOLLOWED PART 3, MAKE SURE THAT YOU SEE "EMU" IN FRONT OF THE VERSION NUMBER)"

So....... I'm on emunand, not redNAND, what do?

>make sure you are in emunand
nothing you just update if you haven't already

Wow, I'm dumb.
You're my hero for the night.

my emunand is on 10.7 as of now and my sysNAND at 9.2

They tell me not to update my emuNAND above 10.7 since it will break or something, kinda confused here

update sysnand*
you can follow the guide as is just fine

Does anyone know how to get sega cd saves working in g+gx libretro vita?
Neither my game save nor my save states work

Threadly reminder Vita > 3DS.