>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

first for boipussy

> Games kinda laggy in situations with high VFX
> Figure I'd change the settings to try and counter this effect
> Game won't even load into the main menu now
I know why this happens, and I already have DSFix installed, and I have the appdata file open, but I don't know what I should change the settings to. My laptop's not a potato so it doesn't need to be super low, but like I said, it was lagging a bit. Can anybody help me here?

Cute!

Memezaki is a hack.

Patches is a faggot.

is fatrolling really that detrimental? Can shielding be viable or am i just gonna get my stam depleted and then stunraped to death if im not doing flippy shit to get out of trouble?

>Back stab Silver Knight
>Tries kicking him but gets destroyed
Champion of Ash.

pssh...

>hit Black Knight with my 2HR2 Zwei
>guy doesn't even flinch
What a champ

One thing I really appreciate about DS3 is that some levels feel like great fucking slaughters when you progress in them since they throw a lot of dudes at you but at the same time it doesn't feel cheap because the combat mechanics really accommodate you well.
You feel like an ABSOLUTE BADASS clearing out a whole level in DS3.

Why is he cracking a soul there? Looks like a faded one at that.

I thought it's supposed to symbolise my character's soul being crushed. That's why I thought that this edgy kid is hilarious and posted it here.

Black Knights are just empty suits of armor. Notice how they don't bleed in DS3 while Silver Knights do? Silver Knights also have ragdolls.

;)

Reposting from here because im retarded What are some good spells for a pope build? Using archdeacon staff and saints catalyst, so i have heavenly light and flash/soul greatsword. Will probably use wog once i get more att. Any spell suggestions?

Hasn't this been that way since 1 though? Should be known by now.

That tends to be because a tonne of the enemies you fight are harmless fodder meant to just be filler that your sword cleaves through. It's a very Dynasty Warriors approach to combat. The Irithyll Slave guys are a great example. You typically encounter them in groups of no less than 3, with other enemy backup, but if you actually try to fight them they're always so incredibly slow that you could barefist punch a whole group to death before any of them ever got an attack off. You would have to actually stop and LET them attack in order to ever get hit by them.

If I'm going to be fighting through groups of enemies, I'd rather they be groups where every individual enemy is a threat than ones where every individual enemy is purpose built to just be a body in a crowd of bodies that exist just to be hit by the player so the casuals can say "aww yeah, I hit stuff!"

>fight demons as big as a house with weapons made from literal trees they ripped out of the ground
>waiting around to see if there are any more
>waiting
>waiting
>some flimsy hollow that can't even hold onto its sanity for a few decades comes along and pokes you with an antique
>turn to face him and ask politely that he stop
>realise that your mouth, lungs and the rest of your body burned away long ago
>decide to give him a lovetap back, to show that he shouldn't play around with these things
>accidentally launch him into the air
>breaks his neck on landing

>want to go guts mode on a group of mobs
>Gutsword's first R1 is a vertical swing
one fucking job From

There was debate whether Silver Knights were just empty suits of armor as well since in DS1 they give out a similar death sound as the Black Knights and vanish without leaving a ragdoll. They also disappear if Anor Londo goes Dark, which meant that it might be Gwyndolin who made them as illusions. However, in DS3 they are corporeal.

You're going to get stunlocked to death, son.

Time to level Vit to 40 to wear that Havel's/Smough's :^)

What exactly am I looking at here? Is this even the full image?

My interpretation

>DaS 1
Illusions

>Manor
Last illusions/actual knights who were somewhere else left

>Rest
SK suits with Aldrich goo controlling them

Anybody? If you can't give me an answer, knowing where to find one would be just as good.

here's the full image

The spiky thing is the crown of the dark sun seen from behind.
Starting to see something?

While fatrolling you can't escape r1 spam, so yeah it's pretty detrimental. But if you can hold your enemies off they will not be able to do this. Remember to also use a chloranthy ring to negate the stamina regen penalty from fatrolling.

The Irithyll soldier-slaves are Dregling 2.0-they're meant to distract you while the Fire Witch burns you up. And yeah, they're slow as shit and mostly parry training but they're fun to hack up inbetween Pontiff Knights.

>gwyns elite shock troops and demon destroyers
>burnt alive in the line of duty
>had wills so strong it made the armor keep fighting
Fucking badasses

Oh, for some reason I thought it was an arm ending in a spike and then some kind of spiked shoulder pads.

Here's the real one.

I don't know why it's crashing but DaS1 was never well optimised, even with DSfix and unlocked frames you'll get drops when there's lots of stuff going off, it's just kind of like that.

If they were Illusions, they would not leave ragdolls. And if they were illusions made by Gwyndolin, they wouldn't have survived Aldritch voring him. Not to mention there's a Red Eyes Silver Knight and red eyes is a telktale sign of a hollow.
My guess is that Pontiff reinstated the Silver Knights considering they're protecting Aldritch.

>Giant Pontiff Dog bite takes off half your health
>has a hitbox on its chest
>the Bite sometimes double hits you doing 90% of your health

Thanks From, love fighting BB enemies while being slow as dick with a Greatsword.

F

Any anons playing on xbone? I'm trying to get some ffa's going

You have 3 weapon slots for a reason.

No need to be sad, Dark Souls is just a movie and after the credits The Firekeeper takes off her mask and jests with the Handmaiden who is actuallly her grandma irl and a really sweet person and Sirris and Horace are not related but really like each other platonically, Andre is actually a 40yo buff male in his prime and is only wearing a wig and a fake beard etc

Try fire.

>From genuinely thought that people would increase their carry weight in order to sport shit armor and extra inferior weapons
Makes you think.

The defining characteristic of bloodborne enemies is a single, obvious weakpoint extremely vulnerable to singular heavy hits by large strength weapons and which trigger a riposte when struck.

They also expect you to level endlessly. Having a meta level cap is a community thing. And to be fair, if you are 387, there really isn't a reason to not level vit.

Well, it was working fine before I upped the resolution a tiny bit and now it won't open. So I don't fucking get it. I even fiddled with some of the settings in the appdata and it didn't make anything better.

Is Yhrom's Machete the best weapon for a pure STR build?

You mean the pontiff beasts head? Because the one on the bridge is easy with a greatweapon. You just charge an r2 while it's doing it's roar and follow up with a riposte.

I always have at least two weapons on me, limiting yourself is only for Challenge runs or theme builds.

Speaking of which, I've been toying with the idea of Item Burden coming back.

>They also expect you to level endlessly.
They have made the same game 5 times and everytime the community makes a meta level.
It is From that is the problem not the community.

Yep.

The 2 in the pit always begin by doing a jumping attack at you that moves a fixed distance. learn where they land and you can stand right out of reach and charge an R2 for a free riposte and instantkill.

>tfw hollow ultra gutsword has the highest physical AR of any weapon in-game

neat

mine always doing a charging bite at me that has a bullshit hitbox

Again, that is on the community not them. If they community makes their own meta then it is on the community to manage it. After all, it's not the way From intends the game to be played.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with a meta. I rather enjoy it, actually. However, you can't lay any problems with it at the feet of From.

>I've been toying with the idea of Item Burden coming back.
then it's a good thing that you're not in charge of making the games, because fuck you.

That's a fair point, but whats the point in leveling if you don't have to? I'm at 60 right now and don't see myself going further unless I really want to partake in fight clubs.

I usually carry a main weapon with a shield and a backup light weapon in my offhand and I've never had trouble with weight limits. The exception to that are when I decide to use a fuckhuge weapon, but that's extremely rare for me.

>After all, it's not the way From intends the game to be played.
Your right they intend you to play the game with the Knight class starting gear all the way through.

Yes it is From's problem, no one levels infinitly like they want other then super autists. They lock off pvp with level brackets so it only makes sense for people to stick to a bracket that everyone else is on. From is just too busy being Japanese to stop being retarded.

Here's my idea for it, hear me out before you chimp :
>Item burden increases with END which increases stamina and VIT.
>you have an "excess" loot bag where shit that goes over your burden gets dumped into
>however, if you die, the items in the excess get put into your bloodstain
>if someone invades you while you have it in the world and kills you, they'll get your items as a reward too

tell me

>but whats the point in leveling if you don't have to?

I could ask why you leveled beyond level 1 or the base stats of any weapon then, because whatever reason you kept leveling to 60 is the same reason people level beyond that.

I kind of wish they would add a hard cap at like level 100 in their games, but until they do, we can only make the best of what they give us. But we can't blame them for not pandering to our made up rules that we can't even agree on half the time.

Also, PvP in the games was never meant to be an organized this. The game's primary focus was always PvE.

1HR1 is a more-or-less vertical swing

2HR2 is where it's at though

That's the stupidest idea ever.

>I wish they'd add a hard cap.
Disagree. Hard.

But your other points are sound.

I think that honor goes to Gundyr's Halberd, even if it does require 15 dex.

*Horizontal

66/99/99

>>I wish they'd add a hard cap.
>Disagree. Hard.

Why?

It doesn't necessarily have to be 100 either. I just picked that number out of the air.

The idea is that it would make it much easier to balance gear and connect in PvE and PvP. Plus, it would improve PvP because people wouldn't be able to over-level for advantage. It would also make planning out builds more fun too.

wow that's like 500 damage 2hr1

>But we can't blame them for not pandering to our made up rules
I'm not asking for pandering just asking them to not have a shitty stat system.

Someone who wants heavy armor basically gutters 75% of their first leveling NG for 5-10% less damage taken.

Are they dogs? I thought they were opossums.

I agree that the vit end split was stupid, especially since they fucked over poise. Honestly though, the split would have been 10/10 amazing if poise still functioned like it did in DaS1. It would have also given you a reason not to just go Quality at 125, because you would have to give up something to get enough poise for those better armors. Even more so because Poise in DaS3 has diminishing returns.

Adding a hard cap and making it low at that would make NG+ cycles annoyingly difficult and honestly they should just even end the softcaps at much higher ranges after the DLC drops and nerf Refined scaling so focusing either in STR or DEX over the other would mean something. And if being SL100 was the hard cap, nobody would bother invading lower than that vecause of the risk of invading higher than yourself, kilking all non-metafaggot invasions.

I tought they were wolves since they look exactly like Gut's inner beast.

Didn't think it broke 680 @ 40/40/40 2h

>27 Vig is 1000 HP
>factor in ring of favoe and Life ring +3 and you still kill anyone under 30 Vig in 2 stunlocks
just don't get hit :^)

post the full boipussy you shitter

The Vit/End split made sense like you said if they actually kept 1s poise system, but they didn't. Instead 2 worked on a system that while having 'functioning' poise was completely screwed over by the poise modifiers of 2H weapons and the buffed Stone Ring. In 3 is just makes no sense why it still exists; not only does poise have diminishing returns like you said, but heavier armor sets like Havel's are actually heavier then they were in previous games while not having the same degree of damage protection and poise. And Vitality as a stat in 3 adds horrible investment per stat in weight load it gives on top of that. There's no reason they add to bring that back from 2, but 3 seems to have a weird habit of bringing back some of the worst aspects of previous games in its design.

Complaining that heavy armor users "get fucked over" in DS3 where even Cathedral Knight Armor users can fastroll everywhere and Full Knight armor can fastroll at base VIT is just amusing.

>tfw want to make an 838 superman build but dont know enough about the game to do so

das2 is so fun when everyone is max level

People do ng pluses at level 1. Doing NG+1 or 2 at 100 is a non issue. Doing NG+7 at 100 is a fun challenge. There is no point in doing them if you are just going to level up and negate the additional challenge anyway, in my opinion.

Even if they aren't balancing the game for "meta" the game isn't even balanced for NG.

by the end of NG you are about 80-90 at that range only quality and pyro can have a "balanced" build that has enough VIG END and damage stats.

Even the other builds that can have decent stat spreads by 80-90 will have had a shit time for half the game since they had to waste points on VIT or waited half the game for decent spells.

>tfw no faster than dogs, teleporting giant cockroach enemies
fucking imagine being swarmed by 3 of them and nibbled to pieces

just got spooked by a cockroach in the living room

i can't get into herald. it feels like knight but shitty.

Heavy armor also does nothing to make them worth wearing. Bosses do %health so you might last 1 extra hit.

Using any of the weapons with fuckmassive STR requirements also forces you to pump END a lot so you could swing them more than once. And VIT so you can wear shit like Morne's Set.
Yes, people do NG+7 runs on SL1 characters, but the range on what they can use as weapons is limited as hell.

I really wanted to sit down one day and start making stat progression builds for each one of the classes

>google it
>high resolution boipussy lips
my fucking dick

>sl1 weapons
>limited

they can use like half the weapons in the game

I'm making my Herald into a Halberd/Spear using Temple Knight.
I also made him look like the GoT version of Lancel Lannister. Too bad you can't get the Seven-pointed star as a tattoo or change it's location.

Link?

True but if the meta was 100, they could make adjustments so a build could be perfected at that level. A set cap would give them more direction. BB's best meta was 98, for example.

>do an extended combo i read about
>lands 40% of the time
>someone manages to do the full combo on me when it shoudl of landed twice on him during the fight

fuck you god how hard to i have to hurt myself for this to work just fucking tell me and ill stab my legs till im out of fuckin gblood

>powering up through self-harm
You ought to try Bloodlust

Isn't gutsword's moveset in ds3 a copy from ds2? If so, it was perfect for guts and also very fun and varied. Compared to pugs or lsgs it's godlike

20 to 30 end on any weapon is fine.

shut up

this isn't an em em oh!

Welcome to late night pontiff invasions, where a Darkwraith cosplay charges to his death.

redpill me on great hammers

I must be on the Darkmoon summon list

so hitting someone first means i lose in a hyper armor trade? great game. shoot me please

Literally less effective than the broken sword
Arguably the worst weapon class in the game