Whats a good car in the $300-$600 range to learn stick on? Buying a car for my nephew to get his manual license with...

Whats a good car in the $300-$600 range to learn stick on? Buying a car for my nephew to get his manual license with. Rather he had his own manual to practice on.

Other urls found in this thread:

tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5593627672.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

honda civic

It's $300-$600. Anything.

anything you can find with a working powertrain, steering rack, and brakes.

600 bucks op.

Honda civic, Ford ranger, Nissan hardbody, Mazda b2000, volvo 240/244/245, VW jetta/golf

All pretty attainable in any part of the U.S.

geo metro
Crown Vic
old pickups
a tractor

I still can't believe people in Europe need a seperate license for driving manual.

??? what u on about cunt

here we get an annotation if u lernt on a stick so u cant driev manuel

>not being in favor of more stringent regulations
>being OK that the American driving test is based completely on being able to stay in a straight line

What? Where's "here"? I'm just saying, I've heard in the UK if you want to drive a manual car you need to take a manual driving test. In the states, at least where I'm from you just get your class D license and that's it.

If you take your entire course and licence driving an automatic, you won't have the proper license to drive a manuel

This is a good thing if you don't want to die to kids fucking up their gear shifting.

Most people take the manual license even if they're going to drive an automatic because why not

YOU WILL NEVER EVER FIND ANYTHING FOR THAT MONEY THAT RUNS

American driving tests vary widely depending on the state and which company you take the test with. Most of them will fail people on very basic stuff and mos people take the test twice. But if you can drive a small passenger automatic car you can learn to drive a small passenger manual car easily, and you don't need to go through the system again if you only have your "automatic" license.

It takes one day of driving with a dad or uncle or whoever to learn how to drive manual lol, assuming you already know how to drive an auto on public roads and have your license.

>Crown Vic
>manual
>$300-$600

I bought a 98 civic for 500 that runs and drives a few weeks ago.

The fuck you won't. Go on Craigslist and look harder

>It takes one day of driving with a dad or uncle or whoever to learn how to drive manual
Certain people, sure
Some people struggle a lot, call them retards or whatever, but it's real. Why would I want them potentially fucking up the traffic?

If you want, compare road accidents to western europe(where it's stricter) and the US

You could compare but I think the data would be skewed. I also don't think it's manual drivers who fuck up and let me tell you why, I only know a handful of people my age who drive manuals (18-21 age group) and those are the kids who actually enjoy driving and some what pride themselves on being competent enough drivers to handle the "exoticness" of a manual. It's the lazy soccer moms and timid young learners (on an auto) that cause stupid accidents and make traffic worse for everyone. I learned on an auto and didn't really have a proper chance to learn manual until I had already been driving for a bit, and other than the normal learning pains I picked it up relatively quickly and was able to be on public roads very quickly. Again, I don't think shitty drivers go for manuals because they're dumb anyway and just want to drive an easy auto. The people who learn manual want to learn because they're already good drivers.

Also if you're struggling to learn manual, you're not gonna be on busy public roads off the bat. You'll be driving circles around an empty church parking lot on an afternoon or driving around your neighborhood late in the night until you can launch off without stalling.

>Buying a car for my nephew to get his manual license with.
>nephew to get his manual license with.
>to get his manual license

i will never understand eurofags taking tests for P plates and manual and auto licenses. absolutely stupid.

V O L V O
O
L
V
O

240, or anything with an overbuilt as fuck clutch

Wait, wait, you Europoors need a separate license to drive a manual?!

Jesus, I get off /pol/ for one second and I still find reasons to laugh at you cucks, lmfao.

its true they need to do a whole different test for a "manual" license

man it feels good to be an american

>be 18
>walk into DMV pay 35$ for written test
>pass and come back next day
>free driving test pass on first try
>go home and drive my manual car
>eurocucks BTFO

Difference is that most cars in the US are automatics, while here in norway, most of them are manuals. Even newer cars. So it makes sense to learn manuals.
Literally everyone I know took a manual license, It's really a non issue here, where it would be annoying in the US.
There's no real 'pride' in driving a manual here. If you for some reason take an automatic course, you can easily change it later. The prices for a manual and automatic courses are the same

Yes, and you're also 3 times as likely to get in an accident so there's that

I dunno, I see cars for 600-800 all the time near me but I know near nothing about cars other than what I lurked here but I'm not sure what to look for becasue no one, not even people selling for 'normal' price refuse to allow for test drives where I am and the only things I know what to look for are burned transmission fluid, oil and tires.

>shitty argument is shitty
here is your reply

Shells are worth at least $1000 here, try harder trolls

do you have a death wish mother fuker?

please refrain from leaving /pol/ in the future, it's called a containment board for a reason.

>I still can't believe people in Europe need a seperate license for driving manual.
>Europe
>seperate license
There's no autotragic driving school cars in Germany. There's only one license and you can't get it without driving manual. It completely and utterly boggles my mind how this isn't normal for every country.

I'm going to guess California or NY. You will now mumble something about flyovers.

no its retarded all we have to do is walk into the dmv and do a regular driving test with an automatic or manual car and we walk out with the freedom to drive any car except semi trucks.

it boggles my mind that this isnt normal for every country

You're in favor of incompetent drivers being allowed to drive on the same public roads as you and your loved ones? I'm gonna laugh so hard when someone rolls backwards down a hill during his first drive in a manual and runs over your firstborn.

some states don't even really have driving classes, and only require you to test at state testing locations

muh false freedom is more important than the life of my family and myself

>once again shitty argument is shitty please see

>entire way of life of an entire nation btfo in 2 sentences
>nah, shitty argument
That's how Americans counter arguments, ladies and gentlemen.

oh my apologies.
your way of obtaining a license compared to us is something out of an autism awareness pamphlet.

better now?

>mfw i hit a nerve didnt i?

Literally anything you can find on craigslist.
tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5593627672.html

You're in favor of violent muslims being allowed to live in the same cities and towns as you and your loved ones? I'm gonna laugh so hard when someone has a sexual emergency and rapes your firstborn.

>autism awareness pamphlet
>Learning to drive stick being mandatory is autistic
This is what burgers actually believe.

>You're in favor of violent muslims
I'm not, Angela Merkel is. I didn't vote for her and I won't defend her actions. Notice the difference?

Majority of cars in America are automatics and Amazon hasn't quite gotten to selling and delivering cars yet so most don't accidentally buy a manual unless they are set on it. It is up to the consumer to learn on their own and if I recall correctly manuals don't really figure into US accident statistics becasue of that.

oh thats not what i think is autistic.

obtaining an auto license
obtaining a manual license
"P" plates

>not getting a license that allows you to drive noth transmissions with no retarded restrictions such as "P" plates

like seriously what the fuck? dumbest shit i ever heard.

andthis right here"You're in favor of incompetent drivers being allowed to drive on the same public roads as you and your loved ones? I'm gonna laugh so hard when someone rolls backwards down a hill during his first drive in a manual and runs over your firstborn".

is fucking stupid. is the USA we actually practice in parking lots and such how to drive manual before going to dmv to get license and driving on the street that way we know how to drive normally by the time we get our license

if you need to go to driving school for that you are fucking scum considering you europoors have more manuals than us.

you have litteraly no fucking argument

>entire way of life of an entire continent btfo in 2 sentences
>nah, shitty argument
That's how Euros counter arguments, ladies and gentlemen.

im europe and what the fuck is P plates

I repeat, there's only one license here, you have to prove that you're capable of driving manual, then you can drive whatever you want.

We don't go to driving school because we need to, we do it because we have to. Granted, the 12x45 minutes mandatory driving lessons are retarded for someone who can already drive, but I'd rather make sure everyone with a license knows what he's doing that risk someone getting into a manual like "HURR DURR HOW HARD CAN IT POSSIBLY BE" and be a threat to anyone in his close vicinity.

>pointing out the false assumption that the argument solely based
>not a real counter

you guys don't know how to drive though

At that budget, any car that can stay moving under its own power, basically

beta nu-male detected. go back to tumblr, this is not your safe space.

All these cars run. 2 of them have misfires but they move under their own power

Move to europe, you can geet a trabant for less than 100 bucks here. Downside is its a trabant.

Come on man I know you can do better than that. That was just a bunch of buzzwords haphazardly thrown together. Try something a bit more subtle if you're gonna shitpost.

>what's a good car in the $300-600 range
A small construction vehicle

nigger