/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #533 - Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/pietepiet/status/762674439112814592
strawpoll.me/10952819
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fast

First for Smuggles

you're too slow

wait, what happened? When did they retcon this?

Quick ! claim your waifu for this thread !

ok

Nuh uh! I posted Smuggles before you.

When Iizuka rose to power.

Done.

When Iizuka decided that only male hedgehogs can go super.

how come super emeralds and super tails/knuckles aint canon? when was this decided?

MINE!

All three.

lmao

Claiming best burd.

hey ! no fair! only one waifu per fag !
also, this user beat ya at claiming bunnie you are too slow

> You will never take your canary bestie in a UFO to go see UK Prime Minister Tony Blair

This happened?

She's a bitch, but she's a sexy bitch.

Fine then I choose cat.

Gameplay wise they retconned the Super Tails and Knuckles back in Heroes but the official word wasn't said by Iizuka until like 2013 or something like that.

Honestly I think the only characters that should have a super form should be Sonic, Blaze and Shadow. MAYBE Knuckles since he'd know how to use the ME and all that stuff but ultimately Sonic is the main protag so he needs a super form by default, Blaze is supposed to be Sonic from a different dimension so she gets a super form as well and Shadow was created using Chaos energy and the point in mind to make the ultimate lifeform/weapon and as such him having a super form is also default.

Anyone else having a super form besides Knuckles would just make the whole thing really fucking stupid in my opinion.

Mine !
also, best girl

unique taste

Anyone should have a super form so long as they're the star of a game and the Chaos Emeralds come into play somehow. They're chaos, they are the embodiment of plot devices, therefore if it makes sense for a character to have a super form as a plot device then it should happen.

>Quick Kick

All mine!

Not many can claim to look this good and be pushing 50.

are husbandos never claimed because /sthg/ is mostly straight guys?

It did.

Amy and Tekno get stuck inside a UFO for some reason and end up on Earth, circa 1996. And there's a panel with them inside Number 10 Downing Street explaining their interplanetary predicament to ol' Tony.

I can't remember how that little side story either started or finished, though.

yeah, probably

I wanna be a useless piece of shit and play games with Cassia all day.

Being attracted to anthropomorphic animals is pushing the definition fo both "straight" and "guys".
I'm in the same boat, but let's not try and pretend we're normies here

Diamond in the rough if you look past the crazy.
Why are there not more fics with her?

So I suppose everyone in Dragon Ball Z should be able to go Super Saiyan because >plot device.

that takes me back.
Something about they meet a good old scientist fella who is building some sorta space-door, and Tekno manages to make it work, all whilst they are being hunted down by some mad, alien-hunting loony of an army general.
>you couldn't make this shit up

>Not many can claim to look this good and be pushing 50.
must be the chaos energy, echidnas sure age well

Actually I think it was Sonic talking to him about a guy Amy and Tekno bumped into trying to conquer Mobius in Earth's name.

Though maybe he showed up twice. Wouldn't be the weirdest thing that happened in Fleetway.

nah because you need to be a saiyan to go super. humans cant do that

Gamma is best Waifu

And you need to have chaos affinity to use Chaos Control. Anyone who isn't Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles doesn't have that.

Silver is Trunks, so he's gotta be able to do it too. Iizuka is basically just doing whatever Dragonball Z did.

Can't wait until he decides to bring Hyper Sonic back, but he'll just make it Super God Sonic.

Super Saiyans use power from within, and need to be Saiyans. Super Sonic uses the power of the Chaos Emeralds. Not a good comparison.

Nice headcanon.

I guess I'll take her, since there's nobody left.

But Sonic already beat many ancient Gods of Destruction with his regular Super Form

>all the prime Rabbitfus are taken
>well not all

I have no idea why there's so few anons with husbandos. I thought we were quiet rather than non existant, but the survey said differently. I think we were more in earlier times and then dwindled over time.

I personally don't claim because the whole claiming thing can be annoying to some and because I'd feel kind of out of place but I'm all homo for the boys

> They're chaos, they are the embodiment of plot devices
Usually I call bullshit when the McGuffin is used in obnoxiously inconsistent ways, but the 'chaos' in Chaos Emeralds makes me genuinely OK with it. They're almost SUPPOSED to be inconsistent bullshit that do different things at different times. And they're at least partially a genie-of-the-lamp style wish-granting device (I think?), so the fact that they do what the plot demands of them at any given moment is moderately acceptable.

Yep. But now he must fight Soreass! From the planet Earth... TWOOO.

which one are you claiming there? mina or nicole?

I should think that he's going for the one that still exists.

>twitter.com/pietepiet/status/762674439112814592
Does anyone know how to download gifs from Twitter?

you are so kind hearted, lil Elise needs loving too

A robot can't be a waifu.
It's not even a living being!

Which doctor is better?

A post or two is nothing. As long as there isn't multiple posts of shitflinging over waifus/husbandos I don't see the harm

>Which doctor is better?
remember wily made zero

its just a fun game to play with everybody, i meant no harm

What is your feelings on Humans in sonic? Do you think they should avoid them? If not in what capacity should they exist in? Should the story/plot revolve around them like in the Adventure games and Shadow, or be more window dressing like in Unleashed? Or just go the route of Heroes and lost world that seem to exist in their own world. Or simply go the boom route of animal people.

Yes, but Eggman made the Final Egg Blaster and his grandfather made the Eclipse Cannon.

We know that Wily, eventually, won. But Eggman probably had a more successful run while alive.

Unleashed route is best, with them occasionally being more important if the plot demands (usually anything to do with G.U.N.)

Unleashed did the humans best. In fact, Unleashed did a lot of plot-related things best. Unleashed 2: Werehog-less Edition when?

I feel like it's too late to avoid animal people entirely, but I feel like they can coexist with Sonic as long as they don't take the spotlight away from the main characters, such as Gerald and the President in Adventure 2 or the G.U.N. Commander in Shadow.

>Wanting to get the electric clap
Don't be hateful towards yourself, user, it's not worth it

>Heard you were talking shit like I wouldnt find out.gif

>its too late to avoid animal people entirely

The main character IS an animal person.

But Eggman is clearly insane and probably more ruthless.

Catgirl claimed.

> Unleashed did humans best
What specifically was good about Unleashed humans?

Damnit, I meant humans.

They graphically and design-wise looked like Pixar humans akin to Brad Bird's art. Also, every one of them had an easy to understand but still lovable personality, and a few of them actually helped the main characters and move along the plot without interfering entirely. It was genuinely well-done.

Twitter turns them into video files, I used a site to download it as a MP4 then turn it into a gif with another site.

I can't actually remember: was she legitimately a catgirl by which we infer that her dad, the fat South American Generalissimo style President knocked up one of Blaze's cousins, or was she just a really committed cosplayer?

The president is like...the most unecessary superfluous part of Adventure 2 and it bugs me.

Both the design and the fact that they were mainly background window dressing. It felt like a world that Sonic and friends actually lived in instead of having generic anime people clashing with cartoon animals. Most importantly, it made Eggman look like an actual human again. From Adventure to Shadow he was sorely out of place when compared to other humans, and everyone knows what they did to him in 06 to try and make him fit the pseudo-realistic Final Fantasy look.

Unleashed basically had the best visuals of the entire franchise in the modern era, with Colors as a very close second.

The efforts appreciated, but ouch, it looks like the converters chopped some frames somewhere down the line.

I remember someone was able to get clean rips of the sprite gifs posted on Twitter for Freedom Planet 2, but I don't remember how they did it.

The tail and ears move independently.So I think she's actually a literal cat girl.

They're both perfect, but for personal preference I'd have to go with Eggman

Unless it's a specific plot-point that they ended up outside of their usual world, Eggman should be the only one
SA2, Shadow, and 06 are the worst at handling humans, no game is particularly good at having them be there. Unleashed has the best designs for them, but I couldn't tell you which is worst in that regard.

A cat is fine too

Eggman made Metal Sonic though.

Does this look better

Looks better now user, unless someone has a sharper eye.

Do you guys thing Big is too big or just big enough?

Remember to vote here for which show we do next.
strawpoll.me/10952819
Cut off is at midnight in an hour and a half.
Satam is currently in the lead.

chimera

>Sketch Turner
>Roadkill the Rat
>Beat
>The Altered Beast
Damn, this is good shit. Who made this?

Not really. It gives Eggman an actual person to give evil demands to instead of just being some omnious guy on TVs, and it gives an explanation as to why Rouge is a double-agent who still fights G.U.N., since she's working for the President directly and is therefore outside of G.U.N.'s structure until 06.

OK, so you're talking in terms of their design and general inoffensiveness, rather than in the sense of "What are we supposed to infer that Sonic's World is like demographically".

In that sense I guess I'd agree that Unleashed's portrayal is the best of a bad bunch. Although personally I'd prefer the S1-S3K set-up, in that humans are just... not mentioned.

If you must have anonymous NPCs I'd prefer the Boom version. Animal people.

Ok, the other just had 10 fps this one says 20 fps

Why is bayonetta a catgirl
Why is Ristar monochrome
Why is NiGHTs bedroom eyes
Why do I want a new Altered Beast game made by Platinum
Why is Bayonetta there even though she's as Sega as Atlus characters are
Who are victy, hope, dux, lucy, Roadkill, Bahn, Grace, and Vanessa

That one has 20fps the other one had 10fps

>"What are we supposed to infer that Sonic's World is like demographically".
Well, going off of Unleashed's interpretation, a wide variety of cultures and ethnicity similar to our world.

>Unleashed's portrayal is the best of a bad bunch.
Why is Unleashed part of a bad bunch in this regard?