en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Tasrif
youtube.com/watch?v=DuowOfkjR_E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_historic_inventions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_contributions_to_Medieval_Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_Arabic_origin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Strictly speaking. Yeah.
>modern Europe

Ancient Europe is far more interesting and untouched though.

Less womb and more like the next door apartment of the same building, from time to time fighting, sharing food and gossip, competing, and stealing from each other.

it was middle eastern civilization but islam didn't exist yet
so more like jewish civilization actually

What does he define as modern Europe?
What does he mean with "womb"?

>"Jewish civilization"
"What is Babylon?"
>What is Egypt?"
>What Is Persia?"
>What is the Golden Age of Baghdad?"

>What is the Golden Age of Baghdad?"
Baghad didn't exist before Islam.

how? in what what way was modern europe, in any sense of the word modern, born from an islamic empire?

they had access to greek mauscripts and their resulting development was miniscule compared with how the europeans developed during the rennaissance.

No, but as the post entails, it made developments that made its way to europe

As is modern Islam born from the womb of European Civilization

>"What is Babylon?"
>What is Egypt?"
>What Is Persia?"

Hebrew derives from the Habiru, a term that was used to people who were a "nuisance" They were commonly expelled and lived on the fringes. This could be because they ruled these people and thus earned their jealousy and enmity. So those civilization could have been Jewish ruled and Jewish civlization

>born from an Islamic empire?
First.

Civilisation =/= Empire. Islamic civilisation encompasses all empires.

>they had access to greek mauscripts and their resulting development was miniscule compared with how the europeans developed during the rennaissance.

If you want to take this route, literally our whole world is based off of Islamic civilisation. They invented almost everything we use today.

Chinese filled in the rest.

That's really as good as I can do right now, you have the internet, you can do some research yourself.

>OY VEY SHLOMO...WE WUZ NEBACHUNUZZER N" SHIIT....

why did Muslims copy the European crossbow and Castle fortress then?

>Habiru
Habiru =/= hebrew. they're false cognates

>People actually think there's a strong correliation between ancient kiddy fiddling pagan Greeks and modern Christians or Muslims

Intended to write "continuation", not "Correlation"

Hebrews could have been these Habiru who left the societies they were marginalized in, went to Canaan, ruled themselves under Judges then created a false origin for themselves with Abraham and the like. Hebrew may not be derived from Habiru, but Habiru could have become the Hebrews

I wish I had more from Memri

Define "Modern" Europe.

Islam is pretty degenerate, I'll give you that.

Yes, in the sense it was born through fighting Islamic "civilization"

why did Europeans copy Arabic words and phrases?

>Ojala que
>Ojala
>O ala
>O Allah

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influence_of_Arabic_on_other_languages

Why are you two dick meassuring?

How did any of these even influence Europe to the point you could say it was born from it ?
It spread some technologies sure but everyone does that.

Regardless neither Babylon Egypt nor Persia were islamic. And the Baghdad golden age happened after the foundation of modern Europe.

>They invented almost everything we use today.
What the hell, how delusional are you ?
Here's a list of things we use today that were invented by the west
Cars, electricity, refrigeration, concrete, space travel, penicillin, glue, vaccines, light bulbs, modern medicine, cinema ,computers, planes, glasses, telephones, radio, watches, internet, steam engines ...

And a million other things but its starting to get too long already

In any case sharing technology with another civilization in no case means you spawned the other civilization, this is a crazy claim to make.

>They invented almost everything we use today.
>muh """"arabic"""" numerals

>Islam is pretty degenerate
Yes, damn those muslims for invading our areas and forcing science, mathematics, philosophy, hygiene, medicine, and city planning on us! We were much better off without universities teaching our people that pesky Greek philosophy our ancestors forgot! Our depressing, lifeless architecture (seriously check out visigothic architecture) was much better than the vibrant architecture of those muslims! Damn Averroes for forcing Plato's Aristotle's ideas and the commentaries thereof on us! Damn Ibn Khladun for forcing sociology, demography, and economics on us!

Islam truly ruined us.

>And a million other things but its starting to get too long already
>none of those use algebraic functions.
>none of those use Cryptanalysis or Frequency Analysis
>no one in the world drinks coffee
First surgeon was a Muslim. He wrote the first books on surgery, which was adopted by Europe.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbas_ibn_Firnas
First pilot, Muslim. Created the first glider.

The first University which gave out degrees, was created by a Muslim.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismail_al-Jazari
Created the first Crankshaft - which is used in literally every single engine today as one of the most important parts.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Tulun
Created the first hospital which gave out free care to those who needed and provided teaching to those who wanted to learn.

Like I wasn't lying. You can google this yourself.

Our whole world is literally like this today, thanks to them. They are at the core of our modern world, we would be nowhere without them.

It's literal fact. Trying to say otherwise proves your ignorance.

>none of those use algebraic functions.
>none of those use Cryptanalysis or Frequency Analysis
And ? That doesn't make that any less invented by the west.
It's like saying you invented paper, therefore you invented all of the books. You invented iron making, so you ivented all the different kinds of weapons. You invented the piano, so you invented all the music. And so on and so forth.

>no one in the world drinks coffee
Oh do we get to claim plants now ? Well Europe invented strawberries ! kek

>First surgeon was a Muslim. He wrote the first books on surgery, which was adopted by Europe.
As far as i know first surgeon was Babylonian and therefore pagan

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbas_ibn_Firnas
>First pilot, Muslim. Created the first glider.
This man attached feathers to his body then jumped off a cliff, it might have actually worked once [citation needed]
Actual first glider, an English nobleman and scientist :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Cayley

The other two are fine but hardly "everything we use today"

>Our whole world is literally like this today, thanks to them. They are at the core of our modern world, we would be nowhere without them.
>It's literal fact. Trying to say otherwise proves your ignorance.
Jesus Christ now you're just listening to yourself talk. "fuck you im right your wrong lalalalala" is basically what i am reading here.

>nd ? That doesn't make that any less invented by the west.
>It's like saying you invented paper, therefore you invented all of the books. You invented iron making, so you ivented all the different kinds of weapons. You invented the piano, so you invented all the music. And so on and so forth.
That's literally the point of this. That's whats based means. Hahah, wow.

>As far as i know first surgeon was Babylonian and therefore pagan
Then you are wrong.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Zahrawi
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Tasrif
Sure, people were cutting people open and fucking around. This man created OUR MODERN ideas of surgery.

>Oh do we get to claim plants now ? Well Europe invented strawberries ! kek
Kek, this denial.
>drinking coffee is as simple as picking it off a plant!
haha.

>This man attached feathers to his body then jumped off a cliff, it might have actually worked once [citation needed]

Kek. Yes he covered himself in feathers. Wiki scholaring at it's finest. You're simply ignorant, this is simply proving the fact.

Good shit. here is a short documentary on him - youtube.com/watch?v=DuowOfkjR_E

>"fuck you im right your wrong lalalalala"
What are you doing? I literally am correct.

"everything we use today"
Hahahahahahahahah wow. That's factually wrong. Ismail al-Jazari created almost all mechanism still used today in engineering.

PLEASE keep going. I honestly cannot wait.

This shit cannot be denied, it can be argued subjectivity, which is what you are doing. You ARE objectively wrong, simply because you don't like Islam - that's fine. Stop pretending it's anything but.

>The crushing majority of Islamic philosphers/scientists were Iranians, followed by some Andalusians, neither of which took islam very seriously and were mostly just continuing the pre-islamic traditions of their regions
>Northern Arabs claim this for themselves and say Islam is responsible and demand Europeans thank them

Every time.

I don't think any civilization is robbed of western recognition as much as medieval Iran.

>all muslims are responsible for the acts of Wahhabis (many of which constantly have their faith questioned)
>only secular Persians and Andalusians can claim credit for works and ideas of the Islamic Golden Age

>all muslims are responsible for the acts of Wahhabis
I don't think this is the case. Where did you get this?

>only secular Persians and Andalusians can claim credit for works and ideas of the Islamic Golden Age
I said the works and ideas of the islamic golden age were overwhelmingly by those two groups, which is true. Which makes it misleading for gulf arab fundamentalists to pretend their ideology and ethnicity were responsible for it.

Your post consists of mocking a claim I didn't make and strawmanning one I did. Why am I replying.

>That's literally the point of this. That's whats based means. Hahah, wow.
You're so full of shit, because a computer is based on algebra, then the inventor of algebra is the inventor of the computer ? This is so fucking dumb, you probably even know it's not true yourself.

>Sure, people were cutting people open and fucking around. This man created OUR MODERN ideas of surgery.
He was a great man who contributed a lot no doubt. Claiming he's the first one ever who invented literally everything and hes the greatest ever blah blah blah (like you do for every single one of those people by the way) is just ridiculous tho

>drinking coffee is as simple as picking it off a plant!
Well you can cook plenty of things with strawberries
Do you want us to start posting food now and compare this as well ? What is even your point ? How does this even remotely make "Modern Europe born from the womb of Islamic civilization" ?!

>Yes he covered himself in feathers. Wiki scholaring at it's finest. You're simply ignorant, this is simply proving the fact.
This is hilarious considering you're the one linking me this shit in the first place. Then blaming me for it.

>That's factually wrong. Ismail al-Jazari created almost all mechanism still used today in engineering.
He made machine parts yes. Does that mean he made the machines ? Apparently in your sick mind it does, but no.

>You ARE objectively wrong, simply because you don't like Islam - that's fine. Stop pretending it's anything but.
No. You are the one making grandiose far fetched claims like "muslims invented everything" which is simply crazy. I mean just listen to yourself. You're the one who should stop pretending it's anything but you being extremely butthurt and overcompensating
Here is an objective timeline of historic inventions :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_historic_inventions (inb4 it's wikipedia, you do it too)

What you will actually find is "China" written on every other line. Not muslims.

>You're so full of shit, because a computer is based...
This is besides the point entirely. As you know, without the invention of algebra there would be no computer. Nowhere did I say what you are saying, that's your idiotic projection. Saying they are in way related is as retarded as what you are claiming I am doing.

>Do you want us to start posting..

Well this isn't the point we are arguing. We are arguing something bigger. Sure, shift the goal posts when they don't fit your needs. How does anything in the argument pertain to Europe alone? We are talking about the world here.

>This is hilarious considering you're the one linking me this shit in the first place. Then blaming me for it.

Huh? How can you miss the point so hard. He covered himself in feathers - he still used a glider though - how does that not computer?

>He made machine parts yes.
Kek, I love how this is the standard you are taking. If he didn't invent the things he did we wouldn't have the things we have today, how does that not computer?

Sure someone else may have invented the things he did had he not invented them, that's not our fucking reality though. You are taking out literally the most important steps in our history and saying they don't matter because we don't use the base anymore - fucking oath we are past the base though you can't have a tower without the fucking base though you moron.

>No.....

I am literally providing you with facts which you are attempting to refute with subjective ideology. You aren't fooling me, I honestly don't know why you are trying?

>What you will actually find is "China" written on every other line. Not muslims.
Funny, how this is in, you know, literally my first fucking post.

Your whole argument has shifted, it's actually hilarious.
Went from
>Muslims did nothing
to
>SO WHAT WE DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE

>This is besides the point entirely...
Just read what you posted t b h. You say "muslims invented everything we use". I give you plenty of examples of things we use, not invented by muslims. Then you say muslims invented a prerequisite technology for it, so it doesn't matter muslims did it

>Well this isn't the point we are arguing...
What are we even arguing then ? I have in fact no idea since you are clearly a crazy person

>..he still used a glider though - how does that not computer?
And all we know about him was from a writer centuries afterwards, whose sources unfortunately all disappeared, and shady testimonies and such. If we are at this point then fucking Icarus did it before your guy.
And he broke his legs and other limbs in the process, several times from what i read. People doing this are plenty in history btw, in fact i was taken to boring af expostions about this topic and there has been a lot of people who looove putting strange contraptions on themselves, jumping off cliffs, and dying apparently.

>... you can't have a tower without the fucking base though you moron.
Goddamn but if you have only the base then you don't have the fucking tower either. You are claiming muslims invented the base, the tower, the concept of towers, and whoever lives inside as well

>I am literally providing you with facts which you are attempting to refute with subjective ideology...
No you're providing me with facts then making a whole lot of (probably politically motivated) bullshit extrapolations around it

>Funny, how this is in, you know, literally my first fucking post.
Your first post was "muslims invented everything"
>Your whole argument has shifted...
My first argument was "no, muslims didn't "invent everything" " and my argument now still is "no, muslims didn't "invent everything" "

>Just read what you posted t b h. You say "muslims invented everything we use". I give you plenty of examples of things we use, not invented by muslims. Then you say muslims invented a prerequisite technology for it, so it doesn't matter muslims did it
Kek. Keep projecting. It has literally no bearing on the argument what so ever.

>What are we even arguing then ? I have in fact no idea since you are clearly a crazy person

I don't know you are the one that got triggered by hyperbole.

>And all we know about him was from a writer centuries afterwards, whose sources unfortunately all disappeared, and shady testimonies and such.
mhm, and is a problem with many, many ancient and older sources. Means literally nothing. Lucky the sources are corroborated by events appearing in multiple sources.

>Goddamn....
Nope, that's your projection. You are denying Muslims relevance. When they created the base. That's what I am saying, literally nowhere did I say they invented EVERYTHING - past hyperbole which for some reason you are actually taking seriously.

>muslims created nothing
becomes
>muslims created the base but we dont use the base anymore
becomes
>muslims didn't create "everything"
Seriously, make an argument, and stick with it.

>No you're providing me with facts then making a whole lot of (probably politically motivated) bullshit extrapolations around it
Ahhh, more projection.

My first post is actually the first post in this thread. The first post pertaining to this argument actually refutes literally everything you are saying - with strict terminology to avoid exactly what you are doing. >They invented almost everything we use today.
If you want to argue semantics and literal meaning, there it is.

You can stop anytime you want, you never made a single point, and you still aren't.
>actually trying to deny the relevance of Muslims on our ancient inventions
wew.

>Kek. Keep projecting. It has literally no bearing on the argument what so ever.
No this is literally what happened and that is an objective fact

>I don't know you are the one that got triggered by hyperbole.
kek now it's """hyperbole""", who's the one twisting words here i wonder

>mhm, and is a problem with many, many ancient and older sources. Means literally nothing. Lucky the sources are corroborated by events appearing in multiple sources.
yes he probably did exist, as i said it wouldn't surprise me and it wouldn't impress me either

>You are denying Muslims relevance.
When did i ever do that ? That's just you once again extrapolating bullshit (probably for political reasons)

>literally nowhere did I say they invented EVERYTHING - past hyperbole which for some reason you are actually taking seriously.
I suppose the man in the OP is just doing an hyperbole as well ?

>Seriously, make an argument, and stick with it.
My first argument was "no, muslims didn't "invent everything" " and my argument now still is "no, muslims didn't "invent everything" "

>My first post is actually the first post in this thread.
kek that's not any better, you actually believe "modern europe was born from the womb of islamic civilization" ? you're worse than i thought

>actually trying to deny the relevance of Muslims on our ancient inventions
You're clearly the one projecting here since i never said that anywhere

>Claiming the discoveries of Persians and other pre-Islamic Middle Eastern people
Muslims everyone.

>Islam hasn't done anything of note for a thousand years
>Implying they have had any influence on European development since the Islamic Golden Age
>Implying all their knowledge didnt already exist in Europe

Get real m8

Im pretty sure coffee came from Ethiopia. And your backpedaling by saying "modern" surgery, your claim was surgery as a whole. Also, if you want to make the distiction of "modern" than why does your example of some guy creating a shitty glider work? They had no impact on western development of flying machines.

Nope.

Most of the works listed were listed within the scope of Al-Andalaus, whereby Muslims stumbled upon literal barbarians. Most of the works are either done by Muslims or saved for European knowledge thanks to Muslims.

>Implying they have had any influence on European development since the Islamic Golden Age
>Implying all their knowledge didnt already exist in Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_contributions_to_Medieval_Europe

Seriously, get off this board if you're willing to deny universally-accepted history just to perpetuate stormfaggotry.

>Some random Ay-rab created the first glider
>not Daedalus
lol
Nice try dune-coons...
Real cute.

>literal barbarians
Protip: by definition Muslims are also literal barbarians

>Protip: by definition Muslims are also literal barbarians
"No."

>Protip: by definition Muslims are also literal barbarians
By definition, anyone who speaks a foreign language is a barbarian, but semantics is kind of a stupid tangent, right?

Not really.
If someone is going to crow about the Muslims encountering "literal barbarians" as if they stumbled upon a bunch of fur clad cavemen squatting half-naked in the dust, rather than Romanised city dwelling Visigoths I think it's a fair distinction to bring up that "barbarian" just means people who didn't speak Latin or Greek.

Romans would have considered the Muslims far more barbaric than the Romanised Visigoths as their society was at least modeled on the Roman one.

This sure ain't greek, so... barbarian

Asia has a massive influence on both ancient and modern Europe. Islam by itself, not so much.

The conflict between Europe and Islamic civilization definitely had an impact, and I guess modern Europe is a result of that clash somehow. And they did science and things, like the numerals they got from India.

no
Europe taking massive influence from the Muslim world is a meme
Europe was born out of the last gasp of Rome

No, not really. The ME and Islamic civilization was more powerful for a while though. It's just not really accurate to say that there was this massive wealth of knowledge that was infused into Europe by Muslims. Some knowledge naturally was passed by osmosis, but mostly Europeans came up with their own stuff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_Arabic_origin