/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Blackbeard players edition.

Previous thread: blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ

Livestream demo
youtube.com/watch?v=n01smDYjg9E
youtube.com/watch?v=MvvD9nkzsns

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dhT5FurWc_Q
youtu.be/sllLvUnawgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for BLACKBEARD PLAYERS BTFO

BAN THAT ASH

3rd for blackbeard doesnt need a nerf and you should get good.

Play with at least 2 other people senpai. Gotta have the majority vote. That or just let them kill the hostage and laugh at it.

MGSVTPP was such a let down, especially since I got hooked on Ground Zeroes and wanted to 100 percent that shit. GZ was what I expected the "new" metal gear experience to be - improved Peace Walker mission format with story and narative peppered in, with even more story and context hidden in every mission with side objectives (like capturing / extracting alive the two HVT's you are supposed to assassinate gives you an alternative ending)

Instead all I got with TPP is no story and carrying 2 tranq guns + fulton fucking everything, and then call in an Airdrop when I need more fulton and more suppressors.

Siege is a let down because they had a really good meta on launch. Not GREAT, some pretty amateurish flaws on Operator balance, but whatever. But Ubisoft seems determined to just shit on the game. They have added this roaming meta meme as the sole meta of the game, added Blackbeard, buffed Pulse while Tachanka and Montagne just shit in the corner like the little unpicked bitches in the playground , and everybody has Nitrocells now. I've never seen a dev team so incompetent in my life. It wouldn't be so bad if Siege had a number of "unbalanced" gameplay modes, but we have 3 modes that largely play the same.

Overwatch is whatever and it's getting boring, but atleast Blizzard cares enough to listen to the players, try and balance their heroes, and do cool shit. Lucioball is dumb, but atleast it's something new to do for a few hours, it's not permanent, and all the summer game skins and limited edition items are neat.

I just want Ubisoft to have the competence and design philosophy of Blizzard, to make Siege the best game it can be.

I don't know
I also don't know if its me but out of all the games that came out these 2 years, I've been going back to Rainbow Six Siege

god damn blizzdrones are the worst

Threadly reminder

REPOST:

I'd rather deal with dudebros and nigs as opposed to awkward tryhards and overbearing neckbeards.

As bad as it sounds, I'd rather play mediocre games where I win just as much as I lose with tolerable teammates over a group of spergs who breathe through their mouths and all sound like they just crawled out of their basement for the first time in a decade.

>Tfw every Plat I've ever met was either a douchey tryhard or some nasily-sounding sperg
I swear it must be genetic.

Blizzard is
>actively balancing their character roster
>has great communication with the community and extensive patch notes that really explain their vision for why they are doing the things they do
>added a new character to the game that didn't immediately break everything or feel OP but still changed the meta
>have run a special event that has cool loot to obtain
>does weekly brawls that say "fuck rules and balance" to create fun one off modes you play for a few hours to distract you from the normal game

What exactly are they doing wrong, other than creating a product you personally do not enjoy?

>Still haven't nerfed the character that frustrates EVERYBODY

Remove Widowmaker. Balance out the awful community.

TL;DR

>widowmaker
>not bastion

Widowmaker generates no salt, and she is mid tier. Bastion is annoying as fuck even if he's mid to low tier. Even then, neither are overpowered, just mildly frustrating at times

But that is one or two characters in a roster of 22, whereas right now we have 7 of 13 (plus recruit) defenders running around with nitrocells and Ubisoft thinks there is no problem with this at all.

Wouldn't you want Blizzard balancing Siege instead of Ubisoft?

fuck off back to /owg/ blizzdrone, go play your shitty mobile game if it's so much better

>defending Ubisoft this hard

plz

ubisoft is shit but you're a fucking deluded blizzdrone if you think neo-blizzard is any better

again, fuck off back to /owg/ where you belong

>Ubisoft thinks there is no problem with this at all.
It's already been confirmed the devs are aware of the nitro cell meta and they're going to address it in a future patch

More stuff
youtu.be/dhT5FurWc_Q

Also reminder to join TS if you are lonely.

>Blizzard is
>>actively balancing TF2's roster
>>has great communication with the community and extensive patch notes that really explain their vision for selling lootboxes
>>added a removed character to the game to look like they're still releasing content
>>steal another popular game's mechanics to promote variety
>>does weekly brawls that say "fuck rules and balance" to create fun one off modes you play for a few hours to distract you from the normal game because they know how bland the gameplay is

>it took 9 months to acknowledge nitrocells just aren't a fun game element
>they buffed Pulse and the community collectively "wut"'d
>blackbeard even exists
>tachanka is shit
>monty is shit
>doc still can't heal people who are not DBNO
>blitz is a walking head hitbox even now

They are handicapping this game by not attending to obvious flaws. Everyone always asks in this general why Siege isn't more popular / bigger, and it's stuff like this that is the reason.

How do I escape Bronze anons? I don't want to be carried, I want to earn it.

>Bronze
damn nigger what Bronze?

I don't know, I'm too busy being stuck in Silver 3.

I've been stuck at Bronze III/IV for the last 3 days. Every time I have great matches and I'm about to break into Silver I get shit stomped back to Bronze III. Sometimes even Bronze II.

>Bastion
>Annoying
>Bastion
>Generating Salt

You're really, really bad at the game and that's why you think Blizzard is amazing. Goodness me, you must not know that Blizzard is fucking infamous for poor balancing.

>Add avoid system
>People use it because they're sick of playing against Widowmaker mains
>mildly famous Widowmaker main complains he can't get into games because everybody avoids him
>Remove the whole system just for him

Please be retarded somewhere else. Overwatch is a mess of a game.

>15 million players
>mess of a game

and yet the question is "Why isn't Siege more popular"

youtu.be/sllLvUnawgM

Is Smoke's FMG-9 worth using? Kind of like the shotty but I feel like having another SMG would be useful with his Mac-11.

>console cucks

blizzdrones can't be reasoned with. they honestly think overwatch requires tons of skill and legion will save wow. hell, even wow takes more skill and has more depth than overshit. they're a lost cause.
>IT'S POPULAR THAT MEANS IT'S GOOD
drink bleach already

It's alright you use the shotty to make killholes and snipe with the Mac from there

Yes. The FMG-9 has pretty low recoil with a decent firerate. I alternate between it and the shotgun but I use the FMG more.

He's my #1 defender, and it doesn't seem like it. The shotgun is much better in conjunction with the ACOG Mac-11.

I know that but when shit hits the fan the shotty doesn't seem to step up enough after I burn through a magazine with the Mac.

Alright my man I'm giving you your (You) so you should feel happy.

Feel free to continue being personally offended every time someone suggests Ubisoft can not be actual dogshit, and instead maybe take cues from more successful developers. You know, like instead of maybe taking the only the worst ideas from TF2 (Hats), you could also take the best ideas (Balance, regular updates, communicative dev team, etc)

thanks, now fuck off blizzdrone

>plays both games
>plays siege 2x the amount of Overmeme
>is a blizz fanboi

???

>Make a game with shittons of memes and marketing to appeal to normies
>Everybody wants LE GAMER CRED and esports
>Popularity means it's good
>Why is an incredibly easy to access game more popular than a niche title from an unliked company with steep learning curve less popular than normie bait

>massive marketing campaign
>brand identity
>extremely high marketing budget

Let's be honest here, all the Tom Clancy budget went to The Division and Surprise! the sales reflected that!

It's almost as if the quality of the game has little to do with its sales

>no really guys, modern blizzard is good at balance
>look at all the money they're made, surely the game is good
blizzdrones everyone

You either become good with the M590 or use the FMG if the range doesn't cut it mostly comes down to personal preference i do pretty good with the shotgun so i keep using it

I guess I just have to git gud then.

>critics say OW is better
>OW outsells Siege by a fuck ton and is still growing
>user reviews say the games are actually equally as good as each other
>this means Overwatch is more shit than Siege

Where is the logic tho ???????

(This is baito desu)

Are we really arguing that Ubisoft devs are actually competent? Is this really happening?

why do blizzdrones always resort to numbers to defend their shitty games? oh yeah, it's because that's all they have.

Do you see us invading your general trying to argue? Do we seem so insecure that we need to go around telling everyone our game is better? No, just you then? Then I guess that makes us better.

Also opinions.
Also who gives a shit, play what you want you fucking sheep

Siege is legitimately the most fun I've had playing a multiplayer game in a long time. Sure, there's flaws, but the mechanics are still fun as hell to play with. You can complain all you want, but you can definitely counter a team of roamers if you stick together and take out the nearest one and then work from there. If your team is full of shitters who can kill a peaker looking throuh a window, then you're just not good

>tfw go 11-2 to finish my night

Sledge's LMG is so good goddamn I forgot how much fun he is.

Dude holy shit all I said is I want Ubisoft to balance the fucking game. You guys are reading into shit way more than you need to.

I play both games, I notice one game has better gameplay and shit devs, and one game has shit gameplay but better devs. I want good gameplay with good devs, that's it.

Siege isn't a perfect, and trying to defend it like it is means you are going to be stuck with half a roster of useless shit tier OP's. When was the last time Castle made a difference? When was the last time you saw Tachanka CONTRIBUTE? When was the last time you saw Blitz do anything but instantly die to a headshot?

if you remove the adjectives from things you can cut thru the marketing bullshit and get a real grasp on what its about.

Overwatch is a flashy colorful skinner box

hol up Sledge has a Light Machingun? since when

he's either talking about the L85 or the SMG-11

>Smoke is my favorite operator
>His unique headgear is ass
>Nuclear is LOLSEASONPASS

Will he ever get a good headgear?

you're an idiot. balance isn't the only factor of a good game. siege's balance is all over the place and is still a way more complex, deep, and skillful game than overwatch could ever hope to be.

so no, i don't even want to entertain the thought of blizzard's filthy paws on siege whatsoever. overwatch seems fairly balanced, but that's because it's a simpler game than checkers.

>Nuclear

You might as well paint a target on your head

yeah my bad. Always assumed it was an LMG

Yeah i know just muckin about, still would be cool if we could get some additonal weapons in the future like L86 with a drum mag for the SAS

>defending shit balance

Get the fuck out of here you inbred.

Overwatch is shit.

Its player base even in high MMR in competitive matchmaking (70+) are full of drooling mouth breathing retards that are no different from a silver in CSGO. The gameplay itself is shallow and appeals to casuals and the most common denominator.

>defending nu-blizzard
no, you get the fuck out you retarded piece of shit. blizzard can't do anything right and you need to kill yourself or at least shut the fuck up and go back to /owg/.

Overwatch generals are always full of waifufags. I played both games for over 80hrs and i dropped overmeme because it has nothing more to offer while in siege every match feels somehow unique.

>overwatch balance
>nerf 100% pick heroes into 0% pick and then buff 0% pick heroes to 100% pick

>siege balance
>powercreeping caused by DLC operators
>buff certain people, fight OP with OP

They can't do anything right, except dominating and dethroning the staplesnof genres, such as being the only card game to challenge magic the gathering in over twenty years.

Yep these people sound retarded and they would in no way have any input that would make Siege better. 100%.

>someone asks for communicative community reps, responsive devs that solve issues quickly, game balancing that makes sense and for the game to meet the players evolving needs
>multiple people gang up and shit talk this idea

>Level 13
>Want to try Multiplayer
>Launch Casual
>Get kicked out by level 100+ teammates

Nice little community this game has. Might as well just stick to Terrorist Hunt.

the blizzdrone reveals himself in his evolved form.

ITT: simply outplaying your shit opponents

You probably should tbḥ, just to learn the maps and get some operators at the very least.

>All those wasted kills
I'd commit sudoku if that shit happened to me

Mostly to learn the maps at this point I suppose. I've got 1 of each ATK/DEF for each faction. But I guess I will just stay in Terrorist Hunt.

>THESE METACRITIC SCORES MEAN YOU HAVE TO TAKE MY RETARDED OPINION SERIOUSLY
I just wanted you know that I'm actually laughing at you user.

>Guys, let's take it slow and get the roamers first
>"No"
>This shit happens every fucking time

>tfw you are always the one who seems to kill Cav first since you try to be stealthy and clear out the upper/lower/side areas before going to the objective

>(You)

Huh, Valkyrie died from the impact of your feet and not from the knife. That's the first time I've seen that work.

Was this on console?

Let's look at a history of Blizzard's jew tactics

Warcraft: Dune 2 with Warhammer skin
Starcraft: Dune 2 with 40k skin
Diablo: Roguelikes. Probably their most original franchise
WoW: Everquest
Hearthstone: Magic the Gathering but online
Overwatch: TF2

Blizzard has never done anything original in their entire history. They just take other successful games, shine them up, and sell it as their own.

yeah you can kill someone by kicking them when you repel in

pc

Fresh hot webms.

Amazing.

rappel* I need to sleep

>All MMOs are Everquest
>All card games are MTG

C'mon dude atleast try

Are you implying WoW did not copy Everquest's base elements and shine them up? Are you below the age of 18?

>Blizzard hired the top EQ guild to design their raids

Hearthstone is just Magic without mana.

>The way the Caveira looks back and forth like "what do we do"

Holy fuck.

>the blizzdrone is still here

Don't you have some lootboxes to go buy?

Sound makes this one alot better: >

woops

>Kirito-Kun-Desu
>Literally teleports behind and unsheathes shotgun
Another meme has ascended into the material world.

>The ace of the-
WHAT DID HE SAY user

I'm pretty sure he said century after the cut off

>buff certain people, fight OP with OP

What happens when they buff already balanced or semi OP characters into the OP realm, but people in need of a buff remain shit for months? If this general has ever agreed on only one thing, its that Pulse did not need anything done to him, let alone making him the best defender.