/drg/ Danganronpa General - Kyle Hebert nailed Souda's dub Edition

Last Thread → hit image limit
Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE

>Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

>DR3 information
pastebin.com/EHN94ivH

>DR3 Anime Episodes (Click to find episodes and stream link) [INSERT UPDATE HERE WHENEVER A NEW EPISODE IS UP]
pastebin.com/phVt6uv1

>Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

>Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-manga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/.101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/8YGv6KTX

>Project Space - WIP
Character Concepts: piratepad.net/okErIObTD5

>DR3: Despair Arc episode 1, lines sorted by character
pastebin.com/SGuUskBf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N4WDIl1tQSE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to continue the discussion of the English dub over here. It's rare that you get to discuss dubs without immediately being shot down by purists.

Souda!!

*Was a trooper
Meant to link this as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=N4WDIl1tQSE

Also here is my toko of the yesterday which I forgot to post.

I want to get locked up with her in an airtight school and make her food and bring it to her Monokuma lair. I'd also clean it and drag her out if she stays up late watching her chinese despair cartoons. I want to feel her breath going from shallow to deep as she falls asleep in my arms. I want to feel her cling to me in the night when she wakes up from a nightmare and feel her sob into my chest. I would kiss her hair and tell her everything will be okay. I want to take care of her when she gets sick, read all the books from the library and hold her sickly hand so that she can fall asleep. I want to make shitty homemade pizza with her and stay up late watching dumb movies and feel her cuddle up to me when she can't stay awake anymore. I want to play retarded drinking games with her, talk about stupid drunk things and show her how to play pool in the rec room while shitty alternative metal plays. I want to feel the warmth of her body and her slightly drunk breath as she tries to line up the cue for a shot. I want to call her ordinary-looking and mention other girls I talk to see her eyes light up with jealousy.

One night, she will silently sneak over to the kitchen. Walking back into my room, a shining sliver of a blade will be extending from her clenched fist. It would be easy - right between my ribs, rupturing the heart, death would come almost instantly. But something is wrong. Her hand stops halfway, and begins to shake violently, as if the knife itself wants to jump out and pierce my chest. One by one, her trembling fingers let go of the hilt, and with a soft thud, the knife falls onto the carpet. She throws herself on me and buries her face right where the knife should have gone, her hands grabbing at the fabric of my clothes. Her whole body is shaking feverishly and I scoop her body into my arms and tell her that everything will be okay, just like usual. Her silent sobbing turns to wailing that echoes out into the dimly lit corridors beyond my door.

Soda only won because the rest of us were too lazy.

Also bed time for me.

I don't make threads because I always fuck something up.

and to be fair, while I like Hosoka's take on Souda as well, I thought Hebert nailed Souda as the nerdy tough guy wannabe he really is.

idgaf, I just went with the topic in the last thread. :P

'k

Goodnight big brother.

I
BU
KI
MI
O
DA

Miyuki Sawashiro might be one of, if not the best VAs I've ever heard. Her range is fucking incredible, and she is literally the only VA whose performance has brought me to tears before. She nailed Toko, absolutely perfect casting.

One day...

Does anyone remember the thread where Nagito got a 7 and then the thread EXPLODED

night

Goodnight...

Good night Miss Ugly Glasses

Copypasta is your friend. And G'night, Tokopo.

One day what?

Personally, i don't really make threads anymore because won't go to my ones

Nagito posters and their 7 madness is kinda common place, one of the more recent thread detonations was the guy who asked for dubs on best girl and no one realized you can't them on vg.

Oh thanks for reminding me to lick you girls goodnight.

Think about it.

God knows that all of those combine "flavors" taste like... Monaca's going to need another bath.

Oh yeah, you could simply upscale that Franziska image you edited.

Forgotten again...Back to be anonymous

>tfw no /drg/ gf/bf to play overwatch with

One of us! One of us!

>dream about being in the killing game
>in the chernobyl exclusion zone
>mutants everywhere
>be weedman
>start killing mutants
>find sawn-off arms attached to the ceiling of one of the cabins
>note next to them
>"upupu, can you figure out who is missing?"

And that was my dream

>tfw you bought the ps4 version of overwatch like an idiot and everyone you know owns the pc version

Ugh
I thought she would forget about our good night lick

Hello squatman

We could be playing together and talking about danganronpa together

I have overwatch for PC but I don't play much..

I'm pretty sure that not only squatfags have played stalker

Play with me pls? What's your ID?

>You will never be protected in a killing game by Asahina
>You will never spend most of your time hanging out with a busty, athletic, sweaty tomboy in a tank top and short shorts
>She will never piggyback you around the school because you can't run, her soft hands squeezing your thighs, your knees touching her breasts
>You will never wake up to find her hot, soft body lying against yours
>She will never encourage you when you feel as if you're losing hope
>She will never tell you that you're cool when you try to bolster her spirits
>When you tell her to run when a boxing faggot comes around, she will never pick up a pipe, step in front of you and confidently say: "You know the kind of girl I am", instantly giving you the hardest boner of your life.

>When you tell her to run when a boxing faggot comes around, she will never pick up a pipe, step in front of you
Especially when she dies if punched

She is like the best waifu material in the series right now.

I think my ign is pryle I haven't played in a while...

you need a bnet numbers

What happened to the other pic?

Oh yeah sorry Pryle#1674

I decided I should fix it, but I havent had time yet. Its the most comfy pic of her, but you can actually see theres a big flaw in it with the whole head position

Juzo dies if he punches Aoi too
And why does Aoi's weapon look like a discount keyblade here?

A new thread...

A wonderful thread filled with hope...

How marvelous! Maybe I'll get to witness the hope that is born from a thread of shitposting! A thread that blossoms into infinite hope!

she wants to be a keyblade master

Yes, hope

Is it to stop time travelling Junko from taking over Makoto's body?

Junko Enoshima

Only a despair as pitch-black as yours could give way to the hope that outshines all hope!

I want that hope to pull this thread out of the pit of despair!

Who let the servant in here? Monaca thought you were too busy ruining everyone's lives elsewhere...

Come and try

Ahh, how troublesome. You're just a bit too under ripe for me to be concerned with right now. When you reach an age at which your despair can surpass even Junko Enoshima, perhaps then I'll consider focusing my attention on you...

Trash like me stands no chance of becoming that ultimate hope. All I can do is trust my luck to help bring that hope to glorious fruition!

So hows your day been /drg/?

To stop time traveling Junko from taking over the bodies of the DR2 cast

Then why not join me?
Help me spread despair far and wide, so much that the crushing despair will only allow the greatest hope to arise and clash with me

Pretty bad desu.

I want to hate-fuck Monaca.

Everything has been great sadly nothing note worthy. Although I do have a question for the great celes-user, what animation program do you use? I've been inspired!

Monaca's fine with this. Between being licked by a crazed slobber-er, her pedo Big Bro pretending not to perv on the next person, and her former bestie's inner turmoil with the weirdest filmography Monaca's ever seen... she doesn't need you right now.

and then there's this Monaca has her hands full

I want Monaca to hate-fuck me.

How so?

I usually don't do animation but when I draw I use paint.net and when I do animations I actually use Sony Vegas just because I already know how to use it

For trash like me to help create a world in which the truest hope can flourish...

What an amazing opportunity! I will help give birth to true hope -- to the greatest hope -- by creating a world of festering despair!

Ahahaha! This is truly outstanding! I can't wait to see the hope that will conquer a world of despair!

Really, Miss Monaca, you can be such a troublesome girl. Don't you think you should embrace such despair as the true Junko Enoshima would?

Souda!!

Eh, just been asking for help most of tonight and not getting much...Everyone seemed to ignore me so I kinda just gave up. Oh well.

Pls go away, nobody even wants to talk to a crazy freak like you.

It's not Despairing as much as it is annoying.
Monaca does have to be impressed by Mr Servant's last episode (Despair arc). Your unintended spread Despair, no matter what the intentions were, was fascinating to watch.

Not him but I'd pay someone to be Junko and get crazy with me.

I can't sleep and I decide to check the thread and it's all despair
I thought I had enough despair just from not being able to sleep

Help in what? I might be able to help

Surrender to despair

put me to sleep and i

will never ever surrender to despair not even several thousand million years into the future

Haha, of course. Trash like me should really be neither seen nor heard...

Besides, I have so much to do if I'm going to help instill the hope that will destroy despair!

I'll have to rely on all the luck at my disposal if I'm going to succeed!

This is rather exciting!

Ah, such praise is wasted on someone as worthless as me. I would rather you spent time creating more of that glorious despair to inspire the hope that will save this world.

I don't know if it was because it was night time and the people on were the people who didn't really care about is what i'm guessing but I wanted help with the Dangangames i was gonna host it weekly...But idk if I wanna try anymore is all.

Nothing really can be done about that. Trying to organize anything here is a bitch + 1/2. Your intentions are good (plus it's the middle of the week. Weekends might fetch you more).

>you will never marry Pryle
so THIS is despair...

Junko loves despair
She knows about Mukuros feelings towards Hopeman
Why didn't she ever abuse that?

Now Monaca's off to bed.

Wish everyone a good day/night and a reminder to love life as much as you all (and I'm certain that you all do) love Monaca!

Mmm yeah I guess so about the weekends thing. I'm still gonna try to see if it'll work out on Sunday but if not then i'll give up. Hopefully it does.
Wot.
Goodnight monaca user

Good night Monaca

Hm? Mukuro Ikusaba has feelign towards absolute trash like me? How unfortunate for her!

Some of you are alright. Don't come to /drg/ tomorrow.

Goodnight Monakata

She's holding it wrong. She'd be striking with the "teeth" of the keyblade, but actually you strike with the other side.

You heard me

Is tomorrow the despair episode?

worry.jpg

Well I'm off to bed as well. Good night /drg/

I'm pretty sure you strike with both sides

Goodnight user.

No, you strike using the side that does not have the protrusion.

Just take a look at every single keyblade wielder ever, and you'll see what I mean.

what is this thread

Goodnight user

I've only played all three games subbed, and Komaeda's English VA particularly bothers me, as does Hinata's.

While I love JYB his voice wasn't fitting for Hinata at all.

Why are dubs so afraid to let us have male protagonists that don't have super manly/male voices?
The tone and delivery in the original was perfect, and after hearing it first, I'm not sure I could go back and play it with English audio.

So tell me straight up, /drg/.
Am I being too much of a purist, or are any of the games worth a playthrough in English?
If so, which ones?

I'm not someone who thinks all dubs are bad, but more often than not I prefer subs, so...

I really like Sakuras voice in the anime dub, while I hated her dub voice in the game. For the most part I liked the voices from the game dub more, but I don't know if that's mainly because I was so use to the game dub. I also didn't like how they referred to the last name in the anime. There were some good new lines in it, mainly genocider though. Like after seeing Chihros death she was like "looks like she finally got hit on," and some other good lines as well. At the same time the lack of character development made yasuhiro a likable character, because the anime was so rushed there was never time for him to say retarded things.But that's really more of a thing with the anime in general rather than the dub. The dub wasn't fantastic but the anime adaptation was bad to begin with so eh.

That's cheating.

I love you, Komaeda!

I love Komaedas english voice, but that's probably just me.

I played both on English and Japanese, I thought they were both great. Maybe its just preference with some people. But if I had to say I would go with Japanese with both makes the game more alive imo.