pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PvP was a mistake.

more? source?

no, arena was a mistake
dueling signs are a mistake

This. It should just be invasions and summons.

DLC TRAILER NOW, LOOKS FANTASTIC.

youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

epic stuff anonymous

>no summons
>never invaded
>summon
>always invaded

wow good game

>invade
>can get invaded too
>play like a solo faggot
>stay solo

Still stuck in 2009 huh?

Kakyoin Poster is the only reason I still visit this shithole

FUCKING FAITHFAGS FUCK OFF

Hmm, I wonder what this could be, I mean the title's right there but who can really say...

Damnit, tricked once again, how could I be so foolish?

ok kakyoin poster

Why must poison be so shit why why why

>no buffable fire weapons
>only one weapon that comes close to being pure pyro
c'mon from

Calm down Patcheszaki

>farm 30 swordgrass for wolf ring
>pose is still shit

you guys got me. you FUCKING fooled me. happy now? FUCK you

dumbass!

>get to vordt
>equip bluebabby
>pop finger
>wait for invaders
>hide in the boss room
>watch blues and reds fight

this is too fun

>Watching other people play
> fun

Poisoning people is illegal senpai

I'm having fun as a SL60 Aldrich Faithful pickaxe user. Is it still viable if I level to 120 at some point?

it's really good at low levels where people don't have moss

>farming those 3 goats on the bridge
>those times when those two spear faggots manage to juggle you with their retard flailing
>those times when their body falls off the bridge with an item
>drop down
>poison gem

it's an outright fucking torture for a host
you can pretty much poison them then hide and there's nothing they or their phantoms will be able to do to stop their death

They can enter boss fog

That's why you invade early stages

What's is you favourite enemy in the series Lads? mine is probably the Black Knights the I love their design and fighting style

The giant wolfdogs are really cool and are a fair fight

>hit them in the face
>collect your free critical
>they either die or lie on their back waiting for you to finish them

Ain't nothing fair about that.

I wish From would remove the Dusk crown and dragon rings and boost base damage to compensate
I mean there's no "melee damage boost" rings apart from stat rings, why should there be any "magic damage boost" or "pyro boost" rings instead of having the damage inherently? It would give us a lot of variety

>and are a fair fight
infinite left and right swipe spam with a hixbox that lasts 10 seconds and covers half of lordran

So did I get that right that full poise is always 100 and poise increasing items just decrease the poise damage to my 100 poise and I have no way of telling how much poise I even have left unless I memorize some yet unexisting weapon poise damage chart which means by `"hyper" armor is unreliable as fuck?

>dogs
>no poise
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

those machete wielding demons in Smoldering Lake are fun to fight

this is what I'm talking about

I find them pretty fair in that I can roll through their attacks as long as I don't get greedy, and 4-5 straightsword hits to the head = visceral, but it's a risk since most of their attacks are so fast

>fap boosts stam, hp and equip load but not fp
>only ring that boosts fp cuts you hp by even more than it boosts

dude fuck those niggers hitting you through walls

>hit something in the head with a giant weapon
>it gets stunned
seems fair tbqh famalamaashjkahvghagvfg

Fighting giant snakemen with a greathammer.

Poise is convoluted in Lothric

wear the +2 attunement ring, spend the stat points on vig, then allot more ash estus :)

PvP was a mistake.
The game is balanced to be PvE mainly, with PvP being only a bonus. If you want PvP, play Chivalry.
I wish Chilvary had a PvE mode where you fight against zombies.

>straightsword hits

That's why you think it's fair.
Stop using broken weapons and you'll see the game for it's true colors.

*pops a giant seed*

; ^)

>not giving the giany seed to the crow

>giant seeds
>high wall or settlement

PvP was pretty okay in DeS. It's when they started shoving all this covenant shit and arenas did it start taking a toll on the game. It should just be invaders and summons.

oh no, how could I ever deal with these enemies that die in one hit to my +2/3 weapon

>4-5 straightsword hits
Well with a straightsword or carthus most enemies in the game are piss easy

DaS is pretty shitty compared to Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 2 when you only take the lore in consideration.
>Demon's Souls
>only one kingdom suffers from a demonic invasion, the others are still safe unless you side up with the ancient
>Dark Souls
>the entire fucking world is going to shit and nobody really know what to do
>Dark Souls 2
>we're not Anor Londo, but we have our own ways of dealing with the curse, so even if the Flame dies, we can find a way to survive
>Dark Souls 3
>nope, flame is dying, people are returning to their primal hollow form, and the pontiff is a massive faggot who tortures and feed prisoners to Aldricht

What a fucking shitty world to live in

>implying that's even bad
Try killing a Crystal lizard and then accidentally kicking it off the ledge.
Or worse yet, try farming for a Pure Bladestone.
I've seen less of them than I have seen Channeler's Tridents.

You never invaded there did you

apart from twink gankers I have never ever seen seeds at high wall, settlements, cathedral or even catacombs

At least Demon's Souls smithing system was engaging, creative and intricate enough to feel good to max a weapon.

>only one kingdom suffers from a demonic invasion, the others are still safe unless you side up with the ancient

Wrong.
Latria isn't Boletaria yet it's fucked up too.
Shrine of Storms and Valley of Defilement are clearly their "own" places as well - the Nexus connects 6 different nodes placed across the planet on which Demon's Souls takes place.

And the Deep Fog is swallowing the whole world slowly.

>Scirvir looks so cool in loading screen
>in-game he's a stuttery assgoblin
Why?

It was kinda obscure but I miss having a reason to go to levels you already visited to farm for different upgrade mats.

Boletaria isn't just the castle. It's an entire kingdom.

>the Deep Fog is swallowing the whole world slowly
Yeah, but slowly and it disappears if you sent the ancient one to sleep.
Meanwhile, in Dark Souls, the entire world is gradually fucked up and people from all the world are coming to Lordaeron.

>Lordaeron
Holy fuck I dun goofed

>Lordran and Lordaeron were both fucked up by the undead

That comic would be perfect if the doll asked him 5 times the same thing and he almost answered no to the last one

>Boletaria isn't just the castle. It's an entire kingdom.
Yeah, but Latria is it's own kingdom ruled by a Queen.
Shrine of Storms is like a Nipland because it has all the samurai influences.
Valley of Defilement may be within Boletaria and StoneFang Tunnel most likely is, but neither Latria, the northern land of the Giants(which is NOT Lordran) are Boletaria.

Does DeS have a lot drop-only gear?

>that last frame
STR builds in Dark Souls.gif

Is the skill discrepancy between controller and kb as prominent in Souls games as it is in fps?

I have played with controller since DeS and considered myself a god and a top tier player but when I lose while drunk I question my merit.

Souls is way too slow for the difference to matter.

fuck

That doesn't mean anything. Latria could be Boletaria's vassal and the Queen could just have a honorary title but with the same rank than a Duke.

>Lordran
Yeah, that's the name. I keep forgetting it.

>they both had the prince going rebel

>Does DeS have a lot drop-only gear?
Enemies don't drop their sets and I think Vendors pack most weapons / armor that aren't static drops.

>trying to get bone shard near demon ruins bonfire
>dodge one fireball
>hit by 3 fireballs at the end of the roll
>repeat until dead

That's what I thought, I've played fps probably twice as long as Souls despite souls being my favorite series. I just wanted to make sure that my method of play wasn't to blame for my losses. I'm a min/maxer, that slowness you mentioned is the reason I haven't played DaS3/BB yet, it looks way too speedy which removes a major strategic component of the game.

Some things, yes. And these items are tied to World Tendency which basically means you have to play offline to obtain them. It's not that problematic though. Most of the world tendency based items aren't that good. Refer to the wikidot section for indepth info.

Am I the only one thinking that the Souls gameplay would work perfectly in a sci-fi setting?
>breaking things you're rolling into can be shrugged off as implants
>reviving can be explained by some quantic room rebuilding you (like in System Shock 2)
>lightsabers, chainswords, thunder hammers

>Am I the only one thinking that the Souls gameplay would work perfectly in a sci-fi setting?

Why do people bother with rhetorical questions like this?

we've been talking about this for years
you can even fit ranged weapons in it if you go for dune-like force fields

>we've been talking about this for years
I SWEAR
EACH FUCKING TIME I HAVE A GOOD IDEA
SOME FAGGOT GOT IT JUST BEFORE ME
IT'S BEEN LIKE SINCE I WAS A KID

you can use an offhand crossbow to shoot the fireballs. if you don't go far into the room, not all of them will be shooting at you and you can lure out the demons to fight them one on one and hide behind the pillars to avoid the fireballs. i think it's a good strategy, it works in NG+6 even if you can't oneshot fireballs with sniper/heavy bolts anymore (probably can with Heavy Crossbow though, i haven't tried)

"Souls gameplay" is more than just superficial mechanics.
The core of the Souls series isn't this mechanic or that, it's "slow, methodical melee combat based on observation and resource management". Well of course, the "slow" part is questionable, but the series up to Bloodborne and DS3 had much more...deliberate gameplay, and I think that transforming that into a sci-fi setting would make the slower gameplay feel a little "clumsy", and turning the series into a full-on action game would dumb it down.

That's not to say I'm fully opposed to a "Cyberborne", but I just honestly prefer vastly the Dark "alternate history" even though it's not really set on "Our Earth" kind of universes.

Having things like swords and polearms be grounded in historical equivalents gives the setting much more inherent relatability than just completely reinventing things.

>lightsabers
>sci-fi
kill yourself

>tfw 50 VIT build

It actually fucking works, holy shit.

Key is to stay under 100 though, or you get REALLY out damaged and the defence you have is kind of evened out.

VIT + persevearance weapons = sex. Persevearance bumps me up to pretty much 70 absorption during the hit, I'm close to 40 passively, that's without the shield ring.

Red hilted halberd and fists is pretty much my bread and butter.

>DMB is one of the few buffs that doesn't have the paint dip ugly ass color overlay
>is locked behind hours of grinding and faith based
JUST
U
S
T

too bad absorption is capped at 25 for pvp

rip

pro tip steel protection ring only give you 2% physical resistance against other players

I can't believe the godless scum worship the devil and play with foul magic instead of praising the holy one....

Try wearing the dark ring with other buffs

>too bad absorption is capped at 25 for pvp
please no

Why would anyone choose that ugly ass purple over lightning blade i dont know

I just want a game where bosses are a little more passive, but have quirkier attacks. I really like the Old Demon King for that, because you can beat him without abusing your i-frames too much, just by paying attention to what he's doing.

And I'd really like an excuse to roll all the time because it's the third Souls game I play and I still find the idea of someone rolling in the middle of a fight incredibly silly.

The same kind of person who plays a female character in Souls games.

From what I've seen that's bullshit. I'm tanking players with noticeable raping of their damage.

I'd like to see some info on that though.

Well, I'd wager more of your defence comes from your 60 VIT raising your base defence by a fucktonne.

Idea for a NG+ Jolly Co-op :
Host and 3 Phantoms cosplay as the 4 "posterboys" from all the games (except Demon's Souls because there's no Fluted Set) :

>Dark 3 : Knight Set
>Dark 2 : Faraam
>Dark 1 : Elite Knight
>BB : Leonhardt's / Hunter.

>60faith buffs are 30% worse than ds1 30 faith buffs

This is a STR weapon with a 30 faith buff in Dark Souls 1

Meanwhile, Morne's Hammer at 40/30 caps out at like 600AR. Buffing Great Club in DaS3 you'd have to be like 99/99 to get this kind of AR

FEEBLE CURSED ONE

Idea for a NG+ Jolly Co-op :
Host and 3 Phantoms cosplay as the 4 "posterboys" from all the games (except Demon's Souls because there's no Fluted Set) :

>Dark 2 : Faraam
>Dark 1 : Elite Knight
>BB : Leonhardt's / Hunter.

Bonus challenge for the Co-op :
>DaS1 Knight fatrolls
>DaS2 Knight has to hold a torch in the left hand for the entire game
>Hunter should have a crossbow with explosive bolts in the offhand to simulate the gun and only use unusual looking weapons