What military had the best uniforms and fashion

what military had the best uniforms and fashion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM
books.google.com/books?id=kMwRiVV0y_YC&pg=PA14&lpg=PA14&dq=patton green hornet&source=bl&ots=lPhpzFTTcv&sig=BULOUDsUixmfR_7Wx1wW45-496U&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8qe2YmqzOAhVMfiYKHUdZA7sQ6AEINTAJ#v=onepage&q=patton green hornet&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

and I guess if you're high-up at the vatican you're allowed to secks them or something

French Napoleonic, as well as WW1

Preußen

Frederick's Prussia

Winged Hussars of Poland

Not a Naziboo by any means, but the pre-war SS guard uniforms are god-tier.

France up until Napoleon III

i got a shitload of notsi loot that my grandpa napoleon (no fake, that was his name) and granpa jean brough back from europe. few helmets, couple officer hats, a swastika armband and a hitler youth armband, couple knives and a bayonet. i should play dress up tonight

Their uniforms were simply top tier.

I'm sure that's one of the biggest reasons that there are Naziboos

No competition. Conquering europe never looked more stylish

I'd like to think it would be over something as banal as that, but nah /pol/ has shown me otherwise.

noice
keep that shit man, don't let it get out of family possession.

how is this even a question? The god-damned Wehrmacht did.

can't tell if that's the front or the back

that look came around again during the late 80s if i recall

Agreed.

i never would! when grandpa nap died his two sons split the loot which is actually kinda sad in a way, because the collection is now disjointed between two totally separate families now. i don't even know what they got, probably all kinds of crazy shit. he had his whole footlocker full. i ended-up with all the helmets and stuff i mentioned though. my brother, being smart, opted to not split the collection again between him and myself, and just told me to hang onto it and look after it on behalf of the ƒam. it's nice to have it all in one place and available for everyone to come check-out of they want. also... while i'm talking about it, i have my grampa jean's harmonica.

his father (my great grandpa) immigrated to america from italy in the early 1900s when he was about 8 years old. his dad had bought him a swiss harmonica for the voyage. when he was 18 he was drafted to fight in europe in WWI, and he brought the harmonica back to europe with him for two years. survived the war, came home and got married and had his own family. his son (my grandpa) got drafted to fight in WWII - brought the now ~40yr old harmonica BACK to europe, invaded berlin, survived, and returned to the US. he got married and had his two daughters, the harmonica hadn't been seen since the 50s or 60s. when my grandmother finally died in 2007 my mom found it again in a drawer - having not seen it for decades and thinking it was gone. now i have it. it's over 100 years old, my great great grandpa, great grandpa, and grandpa all played it and it survived both world wars.

>Liking the most generic uniforms ever created

The reason they seem generic is because most post WWII militaries based their uniforms on that style.

the less the best

penis sheath and feather headdress

the pænis sheath is great for keeping insects, leeches, and parasitic bladderfluke out of your junk but it just doesn't seem battle-ready to me.

i wish we had ordered more napalm

when my dad got home from 'gnam he put his uniform in a chest and never ever wanted to wash it, or even take it out, for years. it was covered in stink and mud and agent orange and he wanted, someday, to smell that horrible smell again and keep it forever so others could be sickened by it as well. whelp, one day when he was at college getting his degree on his well-earned GI bill his daft mother ran it through the wash. she said it stunk to high hell when she opened the case and thought it needed to be washed. even the day she died he still hadn't forgiven her for that one. still has his boots though, still caked in the rice patty mud/sewerage mix of Bac Lieu, but he says it's not the same

Belgium early WW1

Italian colonial forces had some of the neatest, if most archaic, uniforms.

Sino-Japanese War, both sides.

>Oh fuck oh fuck am I wearing pants?
>Shit fuck too late BANZAIIIIII

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM

Early Vietnam USMC was pretty cool.

How can Sassenachs even compete

hmm dude it depwnds more on centurys but through the all time naziis uniforms are more elegant

Literally the only country to do that was East Germany.

Romanian, 1903!

Really like those Anzac military uniforms with the sloped hats

idunno about the kiwis but the strayan defense force still wear the slouch hat. i kinda want one but i feel like it's a bit inappropriate in a way

SUMMON

taft is a hottie

>not even noticing jemison

THE

Always had a thing about the uniforms during the American civil war. Each state had their own thing going.

How so?

the people who wear them are serving in the defense of their nation. kinda feels pissweak to just put one on for yuks. it's their uniform. they wear it because it's their uniform and a part of their tradition. i don't wanna be a poseur.

>Each State.
Actually down to the unit level.

The American Military System of the time was reliant on volunteer militias raised at the state level. However, if you came with your own uniforms/weapons youre free to bring them with you and that is what happened, as there were many militias that were privately founded, usually funded and outfitted by:
1) A particular city's elite.
2) A Rich Man who happens to have war for his hobby.
3) An association of private individuals who pooled their resources to get uniforms and equipment to form a militia.
4) Neighborhoods and small towns.

After electing their own officers (for militias founded by the Rich, the Richfags were the officers while those who joined were the grunts automatically), these men, with their own ideas of uniform (and sometimes weaponry) showed up at State Musters and were subsequently absorbed into the State Army.

This is the uniform that George Patton wanted American tank crews to go to war in.

books.google.com/books?id=kMwRiVV0y_YC&pg=PA14&lpg=PA14&dq=patton green hornet&source=bl&ots=lPhpzFTTcv&sig=BULOUDsUixmfR_7Wx1wW45-496U&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8qe2YmqzOAhVMfiYKHUdZA7sQ6AEINTAJ#v=onepage&q=patton green hornet&f=false

>Once as the division was maneuvering around Fort Benning, a visiting staff officer from Washington went down to the C.P. to observe. An eager staff officer offered to outline the manuever and situation on the map. "No, don't bother about that," said the visiting general. "We just came down to have a look at Georgie's uniform."

Holy shit I always wondered what it looked like when he described it in the movie, but never actually looked it up. Actually doesn't look as dumb as I thought it would.

Very soviet looking and looks way too much like a dress uniform than a utility uniform that should be for soaking up dirt, grease, and sweat in a tank.

frankly it looks like something a USAF/NASA labmonkey would be forced to wear for photo ops

DO ITT!!

Apart from all the other countries with their own military histories.
Srsly, I don't get how SS uniforms don't get flak for being edgy af, black, silver and skulls just looks pleb regardless of who's wearing them.

The German bear skin, 'totenkoff'?, of the deaths head hussars was pretty balling

Yeah but wasn't that the Prussian thing?

No it was used by Imperial and Weimar Germany and by the panzer troops.

>Trousers above the navel
>Black/White/Shitstain is only choice of color
>Best fashion ever !

White people.

>Having a buttplug on your helmet
Aside from that, Preußen all the way!

Wait what are we saying, I thought I said that SS gear was pretty plebby, you brought up the Totenkopf, and I said it was originally a Prussian state, not nation-wide German thing?

What do you think ?

The French were the most consistent up until WW1 that's for sure.

ELECTOR

Not sure why I like it that much, I guess because the feather pattern seems rushing to the eagle helmet

How heavy would a jacket like the guy holding the middle launcher be?

>middle launcher

I'm assuming you're talking about the Panzershreck in the top right under winter uniforms.

If i know my german history, i''m guessing its more like a trench coat and not all that warm

What country is that? The Netherlands?

COUNTS

Napoleonic era french cavalry
Nothing beats that except maybe ss

That's not Napoleonic era. Those are Cuirassiers in 1913 for the Bastille day parade.

>having such shit taste
Nigger.

ehre preußens

This one too

did Aztec war priests really went to battlefield like this?

Most war priest looked like the guy in the middle with the hat but the most skilled ones were coyote warriors

The black one is the coyote warrior, sometimes they were white instead of black

fug, that's a warrior priest? I thought those were the Cuextecatl soldiers

Yes, like I said, those were the least skilled. They had not taken too many war captives to sacrifice.

Looks Toltec to me

Clinch Rifles must've had serious friendly fire issues

Oldschool Chinese commie uniforms were pretty cool.

First Empire

Inca apuskipay aka commander-in-chief

looks like someone got their fee fees hurt on /pol/

they really weren't

Hawai'ian warriors.

They had a phalanx?

The Hawai'ians were the only Polynesian culture with enough of a populace and infrastructure to fight in massive formations. And they did, in pike phalanxes when they weren't skirmishing or champion-fighting. The picture in my first post was the Battle of Nu'uanu, and it involved between 10k-16k on King Kamehameha's side alone. We don't know how many men fought for Kalanikupule.

>not wanting the support of high rise trousers

in all seriousness, though, high rise trousers are very comfy

Thats really cool user, any other images on the subject?

You'd be surprised how difficult it is to find. Not a lot of Americans care, since America did a much worse job of preserving it's Polynesians than, say, New Zealand did when they took it over.

I'll post what I can, but it's honestly not a lot. Mostly artist renditions, and not nearly of the quality of the Nu'uanu battle above.

As a Hawai'ian, what America's allowed to die is really shameful. My old man was from the generation immediately after the language was allowed back in schools, so I wasn't even properly taught when the Navy determined that most of my life would be seen on the mainland.

The first ever Hawai'ian-owned cannon were owned by Kamehameha, and he had them stolen right off the trader's ship--either by Koa Warriors or by professional thieves, we're still not sure which.

Sea battles could be pretty vicious. One favored weapon of Hawai'ian marines was the "hoa," or oar with a sharpened head. So you didn't have to waste time reaching for a new weapon when battle was joined, as Hawai'ian warriors crewed their ocean-travel-capable canoes.