Bingo edition

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/

>Cheaper Call of the Beastmen
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html

>Patch notes

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you're impatient or really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Old thread:

wew

Druchii butts.

men are inferior to women

B I N G O
I
N
G
O

SAY MY NAME
S A Y M Y N A M E

How do I stop savescumming?

True dat.

play legendary

You hold that loss

Try to think a few turns ahead.

Scout out around your territory and or areas of interest so you know when something is coming.
Don't worry about settlements so much, if you lose one you can get it back latter/easier. All it really coasts you is maybe some income/time.
Just don't rush yourself or take unneeded risks.

Alternately train yourself by only using it for REAL disasters. Like your low health gen getting friendly fired while chasing down routing units.

>this is an early game suebian unit
jesus fuck
if only those guys had armor piercing as well

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

>20 wins to get from 101 to 80 on leaderboards
>2 losses brings it down to 102
what sort of devilish ranking system is this

>ranking
>relevant

What kind of units are brets still missing?

after the best VC LL

>video games
>relevant
just wanna be top 100 for that epeen desu

Soon

>Zacharias
>not

abhorash has no relevance to grey wizards or the lore of shadows

he will (if ever) be in a LL pack down the line

Why is there a need for relevance to grey wizzas or lore of spook?
Where did these brackets come from?

>best VC LL

Excuse me?

>August
>September
>October

That's pretty optimistic. Not saying it will or wont happen, but that's a lot of content in a short time frame. There were months in between culture packs and those were largely re-used assets. But then again it's possible the DLC team has been working on some of this for a while now, judging from the datamined stuff.

Personally I don't think we'll get anything this month, and then in September we'll get:

>Skarsnik LL Pack
>VC LL
>Wurrzag
>Lore/Hero

Followed by another month or two of nothing then in December they'll release the Wood Elf Campaign pack + Bretonnia + Lore/Hero. After the new year though I'll be interested in seeing what they do because I think we'll be in for a real long dry spell after January.

u heard me

I think you're a bit wrong with the Wood Elf campaign date and its release being around Bretonnia's. Bretonnia doesn't have much left to do. All it needs is a unique mechanic and a few buildings, stats for some current buildings and a tech tree. Any new units can just be copy/pasted Empire units with stat and texture changes. That's not much at all to do and considering mods have already done it, there's no reason why they can't bring out Wood Elves way earlier than December.

I imagine most Beastmen work went into the unique skeletons that no other race will use, the mini campaign and textures and the same could be debatably said for Elves, who, for all we know, could be upscaled human skeletons.

peasant

who /comfy/ here?
is there a comfier area in TW than southern iberia?
>9 rich regions all in range of one defensive army
feels good, especially after playing Empire in Warhammer with cities 3 turns apart from each other

Looks real comfy user. Bonus points for best faction.

>namecalling
>no honor
you wild beast

not that guy, but i think you'd be surprised at how long a development cycle can take even for things that seem simple. art assets, sounds, voice work, texture design, balance, qa, animations all of it takes a lot of time to run through the numerous iterations all of those things go through

then theres all the other backend stuff, the writing the wiki entries, the marketing material etc. and this is all being done by i imagine a relatively small team 20-30 people who are just human beans trying to balance work/life.

so yeah i could see december, but at the same time i could see it sooner i have no idea how far along they are or how long they've been working on it. but don't assume it's all just simple texture swaps. even that requires some effort.

very jealous of you right now

I managed to settle my fat Ostrogothic ass in Italy, but it feels far from comfy trying to balance sanitation and squalor with food and money while inching along with religious conversion. Plus there's WRE agents getting ridiculous levels by buttfucking my settlements. They even mindraped and converted one of my priestesses.

So all the warhammer mammalian races are related?

Elves -- Humans -- Dwarfs -- Halflings -- Ogres -- Giants

>implying
The Alamans get that fucking ridiculous Bejewlled Nobles unit

>Great at Shogun 2
>Can't win a single battle of Warhammer without losing 200+ men or leaving the army in shambles

Well apparently the Attila DLC team has move into doing work on Warhammer full time. And considering bretonnia is already 90% there already I do think a bretonnia/elf release could be possible.

Would also make sense for single lord/unit DLC/FLC packs to come out as filler for the in between months.

Pretty much, I don't know if it's changed or not but pretty much the Old Ones are supposed to have created most of the life in the old world.

They where experimenting and trying to create the perfect race to fight chaos with. But they disappeared before they could complete their work.

wow I can´t believe this, I accidentally killed myself in my chaos campaign
>Raise corruption in dwarf settlement, and start sieging it because fucker has full army there+garrison so I cant take it.
>Finally after few turns and attrition I easily beat them and sack it for 15 000 favour
>See some random tribe army behind me, surely just some marauders and hounds
>They have 5 (five) chaos trolls, chaos warriors and some other shit
>It´s actually rebels that were created from corruption in dwarfen town
>They´ve been there for god knows how many turns since I started to siege
I THOUGHT REBELS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDLY

>it's an assassinate an enemy belonging to the Greenskin faction grudge

That's it, the nord faggots pissed me off one last time

What's the most kills you have had on a non-special unit, /twg/?

>383 on a handgunner unit vs a vampire horde

>Both the M2TW and R2TW mods for atilla havn't been released yet
>I bought attilla 6 months ago thinking theyd be finished soon
JUST

The human chaos cultist infiltrating dwarfs and orcs cities are ruthless user

I think when I was playing Empire and hadn't unlocked any cavalry buildings yet, my Reiksguard had like 600 something kills after hammering and pursuing.

>Buying games for mods

CLASSIC BLUNDER! That I've fallen for time and time again :_:

Not really, they were all created in the same manner, that is the old ones made them to fight chaos with certain traits in mind, but they are distinct from each other, humans didn't evolve into ogres or anything like that. The old ones just kept making races because none of them were perfect for fighting chaos. They all had drawbacks, like High elves, superhuman strength agility and intelligence. But very low levels of reproduction. Making them unfit for attrition, humans had high reproduction but are susceptible to corruption and so on

>Got bored with VC after I anihilated empire pretty early on
>Chaos and empire campaigns impossible to do in early
>hate manlets
I seriously hope at least orcs will be fun

For Franz, the Reikland Runefang is a weapon, right? Should I use it or Ghal Maraz?

How can I catch enemy armies with chaos

You don't. It's one of the biggest fuck-ups in the Chaos campaign. The best (and only thing) you can do is to hire a bunch of chaos sorcerers, level them up and get block army on all of them.

Chaos REALLY need ambush stance and block army available from the start on an agent. It's so fucking stupid that they don't have either.

600+ on a Greatsword.
>defensive battle against 4 Orc armies
>raging battles all across the wall
>except 1 section where they only climb with goblin spearmen and goblin archers
>Greatswords gets to work
win battle with 11 units in Greatsword-company left

What did he mean by this

Wow. Was the unit disbanded after the battle? They probably ranked up quite a bit.

>that unit size

S L A Y E R S

>Warhammer Planet lies in cold area, life is scarce and adapted to cold.
>Dragons, Fimir, Dragon Ogres rule
>Old Ones come, they shift the planet closer to the sun and heavily modify existing organism and introduce new ones.
>Create Lizardmen
>Create Elves, Dwarfs, Humans, Giants, Halflings, Ogres, etc from common ancestor

This means that they are all the same species, just different races/breeds and they can all interbreed then.

BINGO.
Don't savescum often, but it has occasionally happened. Especially while getting a good start on FOTS legendary.

S-shut up

They were already on 1gold and I had the all the techs to improve them, which is probably why they massacred those gobbos with ease.
I actually "retired" them. i think they deserved it.
Now they walk the streets of Altdorf with their heads held high. The heroes of The Moot.

Is there a building that gives +recruitment rank to Empire captains?

>Get shit on by Hungary in M2
>fuck you hungary
>start up attila and fucking rape magyars out of existence
>start up M2
>hungary is still there

FUCK these games

If you are having public orders issue in Attila, I have a pro tip for you: put taxes on high. That will increase your public order by about +10 long term in every single province.

pic unrelated

>Last words of Louen Leoncouer before embarking to Norsca with all of Bretonnia's armies

The solution is to play as Hungary of course.

>40

What would a half-elf half-dwarf look like? Or a half-ogre half-dwarf? Or a half-giant half-elf?

Id play at multiplayer balanced unit sizes if artillery units didnt turn to 3

>swordsmen getting rekt frontally by fucking dogs

FIX THIS SHIT RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

if you have no upgrades, swordsmen are equivalent of peasants

i tried so hard...

i lost 621 in the battle. it seemed pretty close at one point but just as i thought i was doing okay it gave me a -1 morale malus because my men were 'overwhelmed'. that's true but they were far less overwhelmed by this point than they were at the start of the battle.

>hire my first 2 shamans
>this happens next turn
Is Mork trying to tell me something?
What about Gork?

Southern Realms Estalia Pike&Shot fag from earlier, if you're still here:

How good is that shit really? Can you win consistently with pikes and guns?

Wait a second, I recognise that faction.

They were constantly sending stacks of spearmen at me before I finally managed to find some free armies to deal with them permanently.

Depends on who you're up against. Remember, spears suck shit against melee infantry with swords or axes, but they will obliterate cavalry, doggos, trolls, etc.

They're also not like pikemen in Attila or Rome 2. Enemies don't just plop dead when they touch the pikes.

>grave guard use the weapons they were buried with and not modern weaponry

It's even more retarded when you raise Grave Guard from a recent battle.

>falling for the 'we're just standing here in an open field' meme

The races really don't intermix like that as far as I'm aware, as they are mostly entirely different species from each other

And homo erectus and homo sapiens were clearly the same species as well

Magikz IZ muckin about Ya git

So what's your opinion on Chaos Cosmetics 1.2 mod? I really like everything about except the new look for Archaon.

So what are some ideas for a Role playing a Tzeentch themed warband?

How do you guys keep track of everything going on in large battle? I find myself frequently focusing too much on one area and not noticing a group of units dying or having finished off their enemy and standing around doing nothing. Gets worse the more uneven or foresty the battlefield is

Also do you tend to issue individual attack orders to units, or give them a group attack order to start the battle?

>ambush stance in corner of map with only 1 unit
>do nothing for 100000 turns
>game crashes and dies
>???
Just as planned

I use 3-6 groups, occasionally leaving a few units ungrouped for better micro. That's not too much to keep track of.

G O B L I N S

There really isnt that much to pay attention to unless you do trying to do something fancy (see; non optimal)

A solid tough front line holds up the majority of the units, archers in rear fire on important units or other archers

99% of the fight takes place around your flanks, and in 99% of those cases you win one and lose the other, which means you win anyway because the AI can never take an advantage and press it as well as the player can.

The moment you realize which flank you are going to win just keep micro'ing it through the AI lines killing everything else.

>They're also not like pikemen in Attila or Rome 2. Enemies don't just plop dead when they touch the pikes.
tfw

Guess I'll have to dl that 30yrs war mod after all.

Are there any mods that FULLY add new Agents to any factions? Like new portraits and can be recruited in campaign, etc?

Their weapons are as good as modern blades thanks to tribal burial-magic.

They might even be better since older=more powerful in Warhammer.

>tfw pike and shoot 30 yrs total war still not announced

You should be planning which flank is going to win before the lines even clash. You can even win both flanks if you make some fancy moves and the AI takes the bait (it's usually stupid enough to do so).

>Failed with empire, chaos and orcs campaigns
Please someone give a walkthrough on how to play these fucking factions, especially in early, empire is just impossible

>A U T I S M
Daily reminder that spamming every thread with the same post isn't a 'meme' - it's just autism.

It really doesnt matter. 'winning' a flank just means 1 unit didnt get caught by anything.

Better AI when

each shit, nobody cares about genevieve or tomb kangz but everyone loves gobbos

Races don't usually mix(there are half-elves though), but they are all same species.

The Warhammer timeline takes place over thousands of years, not millions, not enough time for genome to diverge enough you mong.

>literally the worst units in the game
>serve zero purpose
>no sign of this changing
Yeah, no.

>my autism is special it's not like the others