/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Doujin WHEN edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.esuteru.com/archives/20000388.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to BE Meowstress!

cringe

I liked 3U, but it did have its share of issues.

Balance was out of whack. Slime was broken and could carry almost every fight in the game. Switch axe was also really powerful, although clunky.

A lot of people didn't like underwater combat. It made a lot of weapons not very viable and at times heavily gimped the player's movement, which defeats the point of adding an extra dimension. Goldbeard fight was a huge wall to getting g-rank.

There wasn't much of an endgame besides turn rooms and event quests.

criiniirc

Anybody know how to unlock 5 rare Rhopessa and Aelucanth in my armor list?

Came here from Bloodborne, picked up the Hammer since I mained the Kirk, loving the fuck out of it so far

the starting stone Hammer will last until the big monsters as long as you keep upgrading it, yeah?

just bought MHG

whats this games equivalent of Slime DS?

I want to BE the Kirin slut!

Fuck thread timing.

Weapon Damage Calc here for your Sharpness/Affinity questions about damage.

Probs a Slime DS

>There wasn't much of an endgame besides turn rooms and event quests.

but this is true for the entire series

helping other hunters get the shit they want IS the endgame

38-9124-8232-7401
Anything (MHGen)

HR8+ turns
06-3824-0002-0959

>finish all village quests available
>get speech bubble on Bherna
>"finally I'll get the feather"
>it was a ticket from Neko
>Lv 6 Village Quest has a blue mark

Fuck I guess I'll need to unlock some quests by doing LR Hub.

Level petrified hammer until 5, then go follow the striped striker tree.
Tigrex becomes one of the best hammers.

I built a GS set around Rogue Sedition, with Crit Draw, Crit Boost, Focus and Quick Sheate, but tigrex GS has like 30 more raw, should I build a set around that or is the one I'm using fine? If I should, what skills should I aim for besides crit draw and focus?

it will be okay until then, but you should consider other options as you progress

this isn't really a "one weapon for everything" series, although you can get by that way if you insist on it.

What purpose does the fight cattendant serve if I can just travel with the touch screen?

tickets

There's a double ludroth quest by the argosey captain or however you spell his name in the hub level 2.

Crit draw, focus, crit boost, anything else you want

You basically have THE skills for GS. Anything else is quality of life, outside Weakness Exploit.

giving you tickets and fun dialog

>mount nibelsnarf
>attack it once afterwords, it goes into it's "I'm ready to be fished out" mode
>hermitaur knocks me out of the fishing animation

What a tremendous waste of time. Who thought it'd be a good idea to cancel a mount into the fishing mode?

>can impact with other weapon
>can't cut with hammer

REEEEE why do i even sharpen it?

I recognize that rajang armor

>mfw found my old PSP and MH:F and MH:FU games when doing near-fall spring cleaning

I hope Hyper Silver Rathalos DLC comes soon, even if the skillset is great, rocking 569 def fully upgraded with charm/talon is sad.

cant fucking decide what weapon to use

help

Isn't that normal max defense for HR? Why are you going for huge defense when G Rank is nonexistent?

why not switch around every other hunt?

It's not a bad weapon, people just hate like it because the control isn't like any other weapon. Backhop instead of roll, slowness, easily get tripped, centered in countering instead of straight attacking, etc. I think GL is most suited when you're at least have used Lance before.

cause i dont like grinding several upgrade paths

Do I have to reset my game from time to time to land in a different charm table or is that gone?

hooo, that hunt will be a doozy. i'll be expecting some whining about it.

nice virus

>started mh4u again in order to lessen the convulsions I get from not having mhgen
>think that trying online is good idea
>first room g2
>salut
>slt
>slt/hello/hola
>h-hi
>start checking their equip
>all of them have only mixed sets
>first has only auto-guard from charm & ig
>second has attack up m from charm & dece, uses gs
>third has no skills, uses db
>they choose azu rath & tigrex
>ig user seemingly does not collect juice
>gs user does not perform any charge attacks
>db guy seems to know his wep
>they fill up three carts by 4minute mark
How did they ever reach g? were they carried this far?

you know what to do

I heard this is a game about cat butts

CAPCOM IS MAKING MH INTO ESPORTS

blog.esuteru.com/archives/20000388.html

Google translate:
>- Capcom was founded, Mr. Kenzo Tsujimoto interview of Chairman and CEO
>"E-sports is now impatient. Thousands all over the world, tens of thousands of people to play at the same time. If you do not Ika is more and more out of an interesting game."
>(About the future of the multiple in the play the game)
>"Monster Hunter was hit because play with so. Multiplayer.
>Monster Hunter was said to be difficult for elementary school students. But soon it went up to junior high school, waking up to the fun, become a fan of out. I want to do a full-fledged play core users of the game. "
>"Light users game companies, such as the smartphone is also the place that is doing in about ten scale, but for the core users can develop properly is about 10 companies in the world"
>"I aim is, over a period of sufficient development costs, no good is not know or does not constitute or create an environment. Strikes they can deliver a high-quality game.
>The noticed is, to me brought up Capcom is that it's children. Some of the children playing in the game, some people who entered the out look at the growth of the company. The people do you need to prepare to compete in the world. "

Where were you when MH is saved?

White is 1.44x though.

>Jam

No it isn't.

Nope. It is1.32x, purple was 1.44x.

Did the guild lady just tell me to git gud? They've always been eccentrically verbose but this is too far.

Has anyone had any luck with Rajang Tails? I need 2 and can never cut/wound his backside.

so removing stupid elements like HP mods, design proper areas so even if you spawn in an awful place you could just use a farcaster to get close to the monster (like Primal Forest), and finally put some effort into arenas that were wrongfully butchered in P3rd onwards? (although 4U had amazing arenas and challenge quests)

Because hyper and deviants are basically G monsters with HR hp?

Play multi people will get plenty of openings to slash its baboon ass

What's a -good- endgame armor combo if I want evasion/evade extender? I use Striker SA.

Hunting horn. You never see anyone playing hunting horn.

>online
>were they carried
Well what do you think

Use athena's ASS you big babby

Silverwind

Don't you need ice element to cut his tail?

B-but I play hunting horn...

Help me out here /mhg/

Butterfly S
12 attack
11 const
-5 stam
4 slot (1 2 slot)
Fire/water/thunder/ice/dragon
+10/-10/+10/-10/+15

Or

Rhopessa S
14 expert
10 crit up
-10 attack
3 slot
Fire/water/thunder/ice/dragon
-10/0/+15/-10/+10

Mainly SnS, some LS, some SA

Do you think Support Priority is worth it for a Thief cat, or does it limit him to nothing but stealing too much?

what unlocks silver rathalos and gold rathian in village?

silverwind cuganuga gives crit up, crit eye +3, evasion +2 and evade extend. it's kinda perfect.

They aren't G monsters if they have HR hp. They just hit harder and have the red health gimmick.

No clownsuiting needed? Go figure. I'll go for that then, thanks.

Rhop

Ash is my gf

Alright, so far in this game I've been alternating between Greatsword (guild style), Switch Axe (aerial style), Bow (guild style) and Prowler mode. I'm decent enough with each of them, although obviously not pro level, so I've got a few questions:

1) When I've got the monster to hold still for a few seconds and I'm using a power phial switch axe, what has better DPS? The sword-mode A combo, or the axe mode hack-and-slash with a finisher when the monster stands up?

2) When I'm only gonna have time to land one or two attacks with my switch axe, should I go for the aerial attack to build mounting damage, should I stick with ground attacks for more damage in general?

3) I just hit Guild 6*, and I'm wondering what I should be making next for armor. At the moment, I'm using a mixed set that gives me Attack Up (L), Focus, and Speed Sharpener. Is there any particular armor that's recommended as an upgrade at this point? I'd prefer to have all one set rather than a clown-looking mixture of parts, but I know efficiency comes first.

At least put some Rathalos R on that gay Butterfly set

But if I have to choose, then Rhopessa

>stealing
>too much

Alright, seems the general concensus is rhop. Which is good cause it looks better too.

Almost there just a few more bfly beetles.

alright, give me the skinny on the hyper zinogre. how do I unlock the quest?

Anyone want to do LR hub quests?

07-3315-8780-2676

HR8+ Turns
06-9794-0048-4106

Stupid question, does attack up stack with elemental attacks up

What the heck is Cold Blooded/Hot blooded?

Alright old stock image man, I'll equip it

They don't "stack" because one only affects raw damage and the other - only elemental. But they can both work at the same time.

Yes, they work off of 2 different attack stats.

Attack up affects physical, while elemental affects fire, water, thunder, ice, and dragon.

1) Axe mode is useless in MHgen (moreso than it always has been), never leave sword mode. Power Phials are a thing, man.

2) Situational. Remember that mounting gets progressively harder with each successful mount, and is most useful when playing with a team who can capitalize on the long topple. It also depends on which option allows you to reliably hit better hitzones - spamming aerial attacks is useless if you're hitting a hard shell for no damage, as opposed to a vulnerable head or tail.

3) Athena's ASS

Is there a list of charm tables so I can see which one I'm on?

the wiki has the exact benefits, but iirc they're about AuM in their respective temp zones

Charm table locking is a thing of the past.

>locking
yes, I know
But I still want to know which one I'm in right now

I read somewhere that your table changes every time you log in, which gets over the 'cursed' loot table problem.

There might be something on charms in the links in OP.

I think they're AuM and DuM and inmunity to the effects of their respective temperatures.

Those are probably my favorite skills in the game.

I doubt anyone bothered with gathering all the data necessary for that shit, since it's not a real issue anymore.

Who besides the Moga Sweetheart, the Guildmarm, and the Sailor Guild Gal can you recruit as a house keeper?

the headwhiskress

Alright, it was mostly for making sure I was in the right one to try and farm a specific god tier charm that I'd like
I'll just reset every so often

Is it me, or gen's arena time limits are kinda bullshit? I miss 3u arena

You sick fucks.

If it comes true, will you two meet up and have a cozy slice-of-life style anime made about your life as lewd room mates?

Just save edit them like everyone else.

Is having a prowler with Japanese DLC skills against the rules and is it enforced?

O--

HR8+ turns

42-5030-7499-0708

How safe/easy is the save editor?
I'm sick of looking for that perfect palico.

It's safe unless you plan to play on /mhg/ rooms.

OK, but for Armor skills, it's like, would it be a good idea to trade out Attack Up (L) and Quick Sharpen for Critical Draw and Quick Sheath? The only way I can get both Crit Draw and Crit Boost on with my current charms would mean giving up on Focus, and is THAT worth doing?

Why would /mhg/ know?

is adept style useless for bow in online play?

monster never targets you