> Potential meetups when?

Also anything Rally related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CjdI687yyKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i8Bwtis-53A
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464214781010.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sploosh

Just went up to the Headwaters Rally in North MN this weekend. Volunteered as a radio operator. Looking to get licensed as a novice rally driver and building a car similar to pic. Except it'd have to be a 2.5 liter mustang rather than a 5.0 v8 to comply with group 2 restrictions. Opinions? Advice?

more OC for bamp

OC

cool pictures, looks like a ton of fun

it really was. It was fun helping the rally out to make it happen. Can't wait for the upcoming Ojibwe Forest Rally in august mane. More OC for response.

even more OC

keep postin m'dude, I love seeing these pictures

I've always wanted to do amateur rally, but I don't have the disposable income necessary

instead I just dick around in Forza

No problem man!
In same boat, I have a few irons in the fire so not really wanting to buy a car that I can't use this season anyway.

I would also recommend dirt Rally. Picked it up two weeks ago and its tight.

OC headwaters rally

27 cars started the rally. Only 19 finished all the stages.

Yeah I was thinking about picking it up, just waiting for it to go on sale again.

Too bad I don't have a wheel / shifter setup; i'm sure it's still a blast

notice how the pictures are getting shittier hahah.

oh for sure. I was just looking up wheels, shifters, pedals, and handbrake setups tonight. The best seem to be from Fanatec, but theyre so goddamn expensive. Might be cheaper to just go into rallying for real.

but yeah, it's still a blast with a controller. But playing it, I can see how smooth steering input rather than jerky controller input would definitely improve your driving. I don't know if you ever played dirt3 but dirt rally is way more realistic.

I would love to convert my car to a rally style car, lifted just a bit, meaty tires for events and shows, Full cage, bucket seats. All the works, (but I'll be a faggot and keep my A/C)

Probably one of the sexiest back ends I've seen on a hatch, shame it isn't in US. But at least they make body kits for them.

>tfw poor but want to rally
Is there any point getting a very cheap hatchback like Suzuki Swift and just beginning to rally with it or at least do some autocross stuff?

How much money could you spend, Most rules involve just tearing out the inside of the car (fire hazard) a proper seat welded to the roll cage lower piping. A proper roll cage for your class, and any problems with the car fixed. (usually safety checks, no bad parts).

All if all you could have a car rally ready for less than 5k if you shop on a budget.

For tires just steels and snow tires (50 bucks a tire)

Most expensive part of the build would probably be the cage/seats

I guess that shouldn't be so much of a problem. I looked up some amateur autocross rules and they don't even require roll cages.

>just steels
What are those?

>What are those?
Alright nevermind. I just realized you meant the rims.

Yea, steelies. This way you don't have to change your tires between races and going home.

Official rally dirt tires are stupid expensive. Winter tires are cheap and soft, so they won't last you for shit if you run them daily.

Well desu on a car like Suzuki getting the rollcage and steel wheels would probably kill the performance since a lot more weight is involved.

how about the cost in time and money of just attending the events ?
allot of people only think of the initial investment cost

>Cost and time
That is something, but usually people shouldn't count that towards the car.

Plus event prices and distance to get there varies, It also depends on if you want a truck or car to tow your shit around.

youtube.com/watch?v=CjdI687yyKQ

BEEEES

What is the MN rally/rallycross scene like? How hard is it to get into, any advice friendo?

youtube.com/watch?v=i8Bwtis-53A

post webms and gifs please

only way i'll get interested

Holy shit

The only two things colin was good for was driving wreckless and fixing shit he broke doing it.

I'm going to see the susquehannock trail rally on june 3rd. Will post pics/webms after.

Oh Gran Turismo

also cheeky comments

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464214781010.webm

Well we had 27 cars show up to the small regional rally here, but the national event is larger, don't know how many entries those get. Also can't speak for rallycross. Go to rallyamerica's website and there is information there. First youll need to get a novice class rally license, a car that meets the restrictions of the novice class, and the equipment/labor to get the car up to safety standards.

Anyone know about anything in florida?