/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

2:30 AM Edition

>Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

>Next Game Jam (Lewd -- Blueboard rules still apply)
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/#
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
SoundCloud:soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends

>Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

>Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ

>Chats
discord.gg/chquY2e
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

polycount.com/discussion/41232/lowpoly-sub-1000-triangle-models/p276
asahi.com/koshien/
polycount.com/discussion/comment/2456838/#Comment_2456838
youtube.com/watch?v=zcoGMJVGg8w
reddit.com/r/blender/comments/39peym/help_on_rendering_a_low_resolution_animation/
youtube.com/watch?v=e3uOMCfopR8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for waifus

How can your game even compare?

By not having a god-awful HUD

tfw I am doing the code, the models, the voicework, and basically everything, and my friend is doing the music (he makes good ambient music)

It's a girl softball/baseball game

It has a dog.

Also, bandana test.

I'm relatively new here someone explain to me why you guys have a dedicated and literally insane shitposter here at all hours of the day exclusively in this thread

uh the general shitposter is like the town rapist, you have to have one so everyone stays in line

might be missin a frame

Reposting this.

Got the animations working. They're primitive but will work for now.

Sorry for the black bars. It's being made for mobile and OBS doesn't like that one bit.

Bandana >>>>> Underwear

I'm relatively new but probably is some adult-kid that got bad feedback on his game, or asked people to make a game for him and no one gave a fuck about it.

I make everything too, my partner made a few shit tree sprites.

we share 50/50

Daily Reminder: Without lewd your game has a 99% chance to be completely ignored.

nice

Reposting my progress.

I've finished developing the Sugar Sprites. Here's their finalized concept page, complete with my own concept art. A lot of things are likely to change, especially the artwork style and designs, but the information itself is pretty solid.

nice

This is a thousand times better than those goddamn briefs

>3 inch penis
user, we are here to live in a fantasy, don't ruin it.

from last thread

this is what I'm able to come up with so far

it's close... but there's still this noise. I just want clean pixels all the way through... it's something to do with ray tracing or something... the filter??

anyone halp please?

pic related is a dice (my model and texture)

nice
i can't help myself

did you set the sampleing high?

how high should I go? it seems like there will always be a little graininess, but I just want 100% clean render

is it the texture or is the "white" space really white on the texture? if you have enough sampleing the "noise" should go away set it to 500

>spoiler
Shit, dude, this better be like my Chinese cartoons, with riveting characters on all teams and gripping, emotionally-charged games. Make sports anime playable, user. You can do it.

By not being a platformer, which definitely helps.

the texture is white... I set the noise higher and higher, and at ~1000 it seems to go away but it's still just barely there...

on the picture i posted from [some guy], it looks like he's not even dealing with these settings/issues...

Daily reminder that unity and game maker are the only logical choices for game development.

forgot your name googs

There was a discussion on Polycount that addressed your exact question here: polycount.com/discussion/41232/lowpoly-sub-1000-triangle-models/p276

I think the general consensus was that in addition to changing a bunch of settings, the UVs also need to be as straight as can be.

the fuck are yall doing here instead of watching koshien asahi.com/koshien/
you just missed the most exciting inning

Post it please. I need that game.

>googs
Hey, no need to insult me by confusing me with him. I just like how likeable characters and dramatic tension make sports much more interesting in fiction than in real life, to me.

I find real baseball to be kind of boring, to be honest. I don't get to know and care about any of the real life players like I do with the fictional ones.

if you don't want noise forget about cycles

this is my problem...

>I find real baseball to be kind of boring, to be honest
youve clearly never watched anything but shitty american baseball. koshien is as exciting as the anime makes it out to be.

i did this with some dice image and just the base cube in blender, its only at 250 sampleing the only problem is the AA thats happening but i know for a fact that can be removed using the node system in blender

>youve clearly never watched anything but shitty american baseball.
Well, that's the truth. I don't find real life sports very interesting in general. I doubt the location of the game would change that.

cycles or blender render?

also what resolution rendering at?

not that guy
use blender internal with approximate AO

cycles is designed to maximize noise so as to sell you renderfarm time

ummmmm excuse me but your "fighting game" seems to have a platform in it.

cycles ofc blender render is outdated and mostly from what i know unsupported. i rendered that at 100x100 but i just took a screen shot of it and it kind of made it into mixels =S

Cool another Pedo OP.

Thank you for showing your pride, fellow pedophile.

Ok but where is your game?

couldn't find "dicussion" you mentioned... there's literally 700+ pages in that thread

Ok so this enemy is almost fully functional. I just need to draw the animations. I'm finished for the night

reasons koshien is better than shitty MLB:
>quicker shorter games
>constant music and enthusiasm from the crowd, every batter tends to have theme music
>every run is in the park, ive never seen a homerun and that makes every hit tense and exciting
>smallball is objectively better than swatting
>they're highschoolers finishing their highschool baseball careers so theres lots of passion and thus interesting plays almost constantly, big heroics and big pressured mistakes

Alright, you guys telling me to animate win; here's some roughs for the Dryad boss fight. Her two major attacks are going to be a root slam attack, and the other is a piercing attack where root tendrils shoot from the bottom of the screen. (she has two major roots, animating one at a time)

How do you guys feel about a snare/instakill move?

don't forget the most important part

Added some weapon enchantments. I'm not thrilled with the system but it's good enough for the demo. Basically it just supports raw stat and skill modifications, but nothing fancy like bonus damage, changing weapon delay, return damage, etc. In the real game I will probably move towards prefixes/suffixes that have fixed effects.

Anyway all the bonuses in this video aren't very exciting because they're all tier 1 items. The higher the tier, the more enchantments it can get, and the better those enchantments can be. A tier 5 item can modify up to 5 skills/stats - stats up to +15 and skills up to +5.

sorry but koshien doesnt have mascots
koshiens has crying and putting dirt in a jar

instakill is always a bad mechanic in any video game unless you're given a large window to avoid it somehow

ok i changed my light to be in the same direction as your's and i ended up with the same pixel problem. doing higher sampling does make it "blend in" more but you really can't do much else besides keep upping the sampling because that side is shadowed and because its such a small image =/

i would say anywhere from 2500 - 3500 samples and i can hard see the pixel difference anymore on the "shadow" side of the cube image

No offense but can you work on the game and worry about this shit later?

>instakill is always a bad mechanic
1HK is the purest mechanic, if your game isnt good with it your game wont be good without it.

It's literally on that page, dude: polycount.com/discussion/comment/2456838/#Comment_2456838

hes asking for help, if you got time to cry and complain then you could use that time to make your game

your posts are always comfy to me

but you have literally no recent games with actual combat though.

But none of your games have 1HK
...Oh I guess you're right then.

Some particles for the lava.

The heat distort definitely is not perfect as you can see the edges of the refractive particle texture thing and its flickery but I guess its okay.

I love your game and I love you for making it.

youtube.com/watch?v=zcoGMJVGg8w

Reminder not to make your lewd jam games to lewd or you won't be able to post the in the thread. This jam's purpose is not just to produce fap material but to make games.

all "combat" is, is a process by which you delete pieces from the playfield.
1HK means one "hit" returns one deletion. if you have a system by which multiple "hits" are required for one deletion then your system is bloated. you havent added complexity, you've added a buffer, grind, repetition.
i do definitely have games which contain 1HK but not my recent games because my recent games are more complex than babys first piece deletion game.

I think he's asking about the pixel/mosaic effect, not the texture

Try this.

reddit.com/r/blender/comments/39peym/help_on_rendering_a_low_resolution_animation/

>151364391
i just knew you'd say something pedantically stupid like this. I don't know why I even bother.

look at these crying dirtbags

" if your game isnt good with it your game wont be good without it."
- Gogem, 15 minutes ago
I guess your games just aren't good.

Breast size continues to increase rapidly. Starting to get a nice fuller face. Lips have gotten much larger and fuller and is starting to get a bit more color back in them. Testosterone tested really low so I am tired pretty much all the time. I feel like deving a fuckload more though, so it seems to be working!

I don't get it. Just post a non-lewd screenshot with a link to your lewd game. There's no issue with that, right? I've never seen posts linking to lewd material deleted, just posts that actually include lewd images.

>Breast size continues to increase rapidly. Starting to get a nice fuller face. Lips have gotten much larger and fuller and is starting to get a bit more color back in them.
Sounds like the beginnings of my fetish.
>rest of the post
Never mind.

Not even progress related or fan art lewds get deleted. Like there's the user with the H dungeon crawler, where they straight up rape his character, and his posts never disappear.

I only see deleted posts when the lewd material is not connected to /agdg/ in any way, or when the poster feels like he might get banned for it so he deletes it himself after a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=e3uOMCfopR8

you're right. posting a link to a hosted webm will not get you banned. unless it's illegal stuff.

Or lolidev posting anything.

How will your game bring videogames forward?

Rendering tech. Not revolutionary, but a incremental step forward.

Progress:
Getting rid of the silly and boring stuff before going for the more interesting and hard to do stuff.
Finished Level Clear screen. It is skipable of course. Will probably add an image or animation of the vampire girl there too.
Ignore how messy the level layout is right now.

It will continue to journey on the road Undertale has showed us. It will explore the possibilities of story telling in video games.

Enemies can now inflict status effects through their melee attack. Right now, there's a 5% chance and it always lasts for 60 minutes, and strength is based on the enemy level. I'll change it if it ends up being necessary. Right now only spiders use it, and they poison you.

-Superior isometric 3D
-No memepixels
-Not another platformer
-Not going to sell as well as Cave Story

I heard the Catlevania stage clearing sounds in my head when I watched that. That glorious voice when all your points get counted and your health replenished.

Damn, some video games just program you.

Looking amazing.

Yeah, the same happens to me everytime I'm testing it.

By revitalizing stale genres.

what's an inning?

It won't, I have a limited(realistic) scope and no budget.
If it sells I'll use the money to make something bigger and much more ambitious though.

I don't think DMC3 or Godhand would be good if enemies/player died in one hit
And yet, they're incredibly good games

Progress!

What are some good 3D platformer tutorials for unity?

I can't find any good ones and I have no clue what I'm doing.

what

>that grammar
time to go back to english class

I am always baffled by how some shit games make it big, while there are many very good games that die forgotten never enjoying any fame at all

>Not a platformer
Better already.

name some of those "very good" games you're thinking of

autists like you are hilarious:
>lol 99% of indie games fail because they are all shit
>all good games always magically make it.. every time, which means my game will make it too and there is no way i will waste all that work for nothing r-right! ;;;;___;;;
fucking pathetic

That sure looks like a very good game, user.

oh it's just a shitposter
nevermind, enjoy the (you)

Almost made me cringe enough to leave the thread.

>you are heterosexual
>you enjoy the taste of cum
ok

marketing matters, most games have very bad marketing or none at all
a game can't do well if no one knows it exists
market is too saturated for word of mouth to be viable as the only means of getting the word out

Thank you for posting best girl