So, I just found a job as a telemarketer

So, I just found a job as a telemarketer.

I need informations and tips. Is it a good opportunity or should I forget about it and start looking for something else?

Redpill me, please.

Telemarketing sucks dick. Just be ready for people to curse you out, hang up on you, etc. Do you get a base salary or just commission? I lasted like 2 weeks at one place when I was younger. Everyone there was a drug addict or drunk, horrible place.

A base salary + commission.
Honestly, I tend to be socially anxious, I don't even know how I managed to get the job.

They will hire anyone. So if it makes you feel any better, nobody gives a shit if you mess up. So what've you got to lose lol

Do they appear demanding? Because the company I work describes itself as really demanding and we're often wired up to see if we don't fuck things up.

It almost always sucks. Exceptions are rare.

Stick with it though and you will learn some valuable phone skills and sales skills.

I cold called for a year, and did outside sales. I hated every minute of it, but it helped me be a lot more successful later.

Try to have fun with it and immediately forget the people that are gonna tell you to fuck off.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

If you dont have a job or skills then just go for it. I worked in one for 2 years, and it was hella fun, we would go get high during lunch and it would make the rest of the day fun.

They will probably listen to your calls and review with you, point out things you can improve on and how to better sell to customers. This is very common and it can actually be pretty cool. Although I never lasted in telemarketing I learned a great deal about selling, never thought of the pitch of my voice before etc. Even if you leave for a new job these are transferable skills.

They will also probably push you to hit a quota, just keep doing your best and block whatever they say out. If you make $1,000 in sales, they'll say they want to see $2,000. If you make $10,000 in sales, they say they want you to hit $20,000. Just keep doing your best, remember the more you sell the more you make, and try and improve.

Prepare to be kept on the phone by old people who haven't spoken to another human being in days.

Quit while you're ahead. Worked as a debt collector for literally a month. Have some crazy stories if anyone's interested. I left that job and worked for ups for 11|hr plus Union and now I work for Amazon in a little under a year making around 14.
>Also I'm 19

Hell, I'm 19 too. Share your stories.

Also, I'm a bit worried guys. I've been working for two days and I made 0 sale so far. The second day, I actually didn't work because I was trained during the morning and the new comers weren't allowed to work during the afternoon because they suddenly realized had to upgrade the name list and they prefered to have their most experienced marketers on the case.
The other new guys all did at least one sale. There's only one guy beside me who didn't manage to sale. We're five new comers.

Here's the thing. You're already out the door. Mgmt watches you like a hawk and pay's attention to every thing you do. From your tone on the phone and your speed when you speak. Just relax and take everything with stride. Eventually you'll A) "come out of your shell" and start getting sales or B) the pressure will get to you and you'll quit.

And on that note
>Story time

lmao unfortunately this is true...

Amazon pays great around here for someone just starting out, and they give a lot of hours. If I hadn't gone into the food business serving I would've just done that through college.

>First day 18yrs old
> Get a script and memorize it while I hear people on the phone.
> Look up for a good minute and see everyone is depressed to some extent worried they won't make quota
>No one does
>Get on the phone and start doing script
And going off a sheet with names and numbers
> Out of working a month make about 500 calls
125 small sales
150 OOS or B#
The rest were people yelling about how the debt was cleared in bankruptcy or they weren't responsible
>horrible things I stumbled upon like wives buying out of their husbands means and husbands not knowing until they get the call at work.
>After a month people get fed up and quit
Office goes from 10 staff to 5.
>Quit

Yeah I worked for ups from December to march and was just scratching 125$ a week.
Saw Amazon was hiring close to me and applied
Got the job and been working their six months ago

>125$ a week.
What were you doing 10 hours a week?

More or less. Started at 3:30 finished by 6:30 am since I'm single in the USA plus Union dues i get taxed up the ass

Damn dude that sucks. You should look into serving if you're just looking for a job while you're in school or something. In NJ or NYC there are so many open positions and you can easily clear $20/h, more as a bartender. No union dues and you can report way less than you actually make.

|
\|/