/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-HENkaku offline installer released. github.com/henkaku/offline-installer/releases/tag/1.0
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

1st for he 3ds has no games outside of first party releases

First for eboots

>HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55
This is incorrect. Only the webkit bug was adapted as a PoC.
It does nothing more, just ROP.

Reasking

How do I play iso's and these "folders" on my ps3?

PKG's I know how to do. But 80% of downloads for ps3 games are iso's or folders with files inside.

All i know I need a ps3 game in the disc slot maybe so just to be sure I got some shitty baseball game for $0.78 at gamestop

>tfw you have to wash your hands because you're not worthy of touching master race

use webman

There is no list. Stop being a lazy nigger and look up your games in CIAngel and see if there are DLC's in your games region.

That doesnt tell me anything. Where do folders and isos go, what do I do in webman

FTP them over if your internal hard drive is big enough. There should be a folder called GAMES for folders and PS3ISO (or something similar) for PS3 isos. Or you can use the same folders on a USB device.

GAMES on hdd0 and usb* are the default places searched these days I think.

so youre the reason i couldnt get on to my ftp server. thanks...

So folders in games in hdd0 and iso's in...

Ill drop one into games and one into ps3iso or whatever and see.

Once I have it figured out, I put a game into the disc tray, open webman and just launch the game off XMB (the game iso or folder, not the game in disc tray)

You no longer need a disc to emulate the BD.

F

you're using rebug, right?

Nintendo, murderer of small devs.

I forget if the firmware or MM does it but running multiman should create the directories you'll be using without wiping anything, isos these days go into the PS3ISO folder instead of games but I imagine it won't mind them going into games anyway.

Be sure to use the newest rebug, it just werks. Go into the toolbox and enable multiman and cobra, only time you don't want to use cobra really is certain psx stuff like what happens in MGS4.

rebug 4.8 the newest one cex

really? I could have sworn a few days ago I tried dragons crown folder and it didnt work and I had it in games on hdd0

That simple? There's no 60 terminals and multiple access denied prompts?

HENKaku is practically confirmed to be a kernel exploit, right? I mean, it's as close to being confirmed without somebody saying "HENKaku is a kernel exploit", so what's stopping us from telling the Vita to decrypt games? Is it because we don't have HENKaku's source?

Thanks by the way.

>mfw the people fear-mongering that Sony held on to PSN account information for folks that put CFW on their PS3 for over a year before banning folks
>mfw they didn't mention that Sony warned people ahead of time that they were going to ban people, and even said that users could avoid being banned by removing the offending files

Not to mention, they only did that since PS3 was actual piracy. I doubt Sony will start banning Vita owners for what's essentially only homebrew and one leaked game. Even if they do, they're going to warn people ahead of time or they might honestly not care enough about the Vita to bother.

Is compatibility 100% for discless now with cobra? My console came with a torne install disc so I've just left that in there ever since.

yeah, do this enable multiman and cobra with rebug toolbox

Can someone give me the site with all the 3DS custom themes on it?

Also, do I have to do anything fancy once I've got them, or can I slap 'em in the 'themes' folder I saw in the root of my SD?

It was actually Xseed/Marvelous. They absorbed a lot of the people from that team and made them make Lord of Manga: Maiden Heaven

Still nothing about a new RF.

Whats wrong with MGS4 and having cobra enabled? What psx stuff?

I dont recall if I had cobra active when I tried the folder for dragons crown, though its enabled now along with multiman.

Ill try again after I get another iso or folder

It's in the pastebin sonny

I can't say for sure. I only messed with a CFW PS3 years ago, and finally got one last month, but even with the drive busted it's managed everything that I threw at it.

>Lord of Manga: Maiden Heaven
This any good?

you comfort me

It's alright. Not really great or worth playing when you have so many other games.

multiMAN sorta disables webMAN until next boot, just so you know

As for ISO loading you need cobra for that, it's not supported without it. Might explain why it didn't work before.

Who the fuck shares ISOs anyway? Scene only ever did JB format after dongles happened

There is a small dream sequence in MGS4 where you infiltrate shadow moses, it's literally about 2 minutes and it simply doesn't work with cobra because for some lazy ass reason it uses PS1 shit which being switched to all of a sudden is bad.
You simply turn it off just before you get to that segment, finish it, save and move on with your life. Of course using an iso version of mgs4 is going to be a major asspain, MM can handle extraction if need be so it's not a major problem, or you can use the psn version, still need to disable cobra for that segment most likely.

I recommend making most of your games iso since it will bunch small files together, small files are the enemy of speed. Sometimes it simply doesn't matter.

The Vita knows how to decrypt eboots. If it didn't, it couldn't play them. With a kernel exploit you can just use the same functions to decrypt things and have immediate access to the output.

HENkaku is closed source. It gains kernel access, patches a few things (enabling the installation of unencrypted content is the important thing) and then closes.
So it is a kernel exploit, but until we figure out how it works we only have userland access.

>hacking consoles with your main account
>not using throwaways and spare consoles.

Do you think piratefags can afford multiple consoles?

I get ya buddy. Thanks for explaining.

>giving a shit if your account gets banned
>having unhacked spares instead of hacked and ready to go backup consoles in case of hardware failure
shiggy diggy doo

can I run windows xp on a vita?

Oh, I'm not worried. Even if my account gets banned I'm press, so I can argue that I only used the homebrew to be able to cover it, since I write for a site that focuses and both Technology and Video Games. Considering that, I'm fairly confident that even if I get banned I could get myself unbanned.

Not that guy but I have 2 ps3 and the ftp function of BSD makes me froth at the mouth to the point I'm remaking the fucking program specifically because of the ftp autoconnect.
Also for some reason have 4 wii, 2 360, 5 ds/lite/i. My first was the xbox with a x2 modchip, i still play it every now and then.

>Who the fuck shares ISOs anyway?

Well I get my stuff off ps3iso and most the games I am interested in end up being folders or iso's and I had to hunt for pkg files which seemed rare there, even though psndl exists their selection is really limited sadly.

Oh yeah I remember that scene, well luckily I played MGS4 at launch on my old fat ps3 before I sold it like 8 years ago.

>Windows Vita

Not yet, Dedham.

I'd care if my PSN account got banned. I've got a bunch of trophies and purchases tied to my account.

I keep unhacked spares on different firmwares in case cool hacks come out for lower firmwares. Unhacked spares can become hacked spares in case of hardware failure.

Whats the cheapest way to played free 360 games?

360 mod scene looks dead and a big hassle.

Just tell me the ideal shit to buy to make my experience quick and easy. Like for PS3's its buy a system on 3.55 OFW and copy some files to it and boom done.

Whats the XBOX 360 equivalent? I really want to play Lost Odyssey and some other 360 exclusive RPG's.

I dont mind buying the hardware and modchips to do it myself but all the links to buy the items are dead Ebay and Alibaba links and the photo guides on these defunct forums is full of a bunch of dead pictures.

And so many JTAG variations...

What site famalama? I know a few dudes who write for tech and vidya sites. We might be lovers

Also interested

Sorry to be a pain, but I've tried Googling first:

My brother has given me his old PSP 2000 running 6.60 ME-1.1 and I'm trying to work out the motherboard revision. I've run PSPIdent, but all it says is TA-085, and doesn't mention if it's rev2 or rev3. I wanna make a Pandora's battery, but don't wanna fuck up. Is there another homebrew app or way to tell which revision it is?

Not gonna post it here, m8. Sony lurks.

But yeah, I highly doubt they'll ban anyone yet - and if they do, I doubt they'll ban me. If they do, I'm pretty confident a quick talk with some of my contacts could get shit fixed quick.

there is two main way (I think) to install a theme
the first way is to install them via CHHM2, it should be in the homebrew if you put all th files of the starter pack, and as you said you'll jusst have to put the themes in the 'Themes' folder
the second way is to convert the theme into a .cia file and install them with FBI, you can do it with Howling Theme Tool
And if you want to create your own theme, you can use either Usagi or Yata+

If it's ME instead of LME, then it's definitely a Pandorable.

jtag/rgh/2 or bust.

Depends mostly on the motherboard.
I'd recommend rgh2 since you don't need to bridge or remove fuses.
It's been a while for me but I doubt current dash means much these days, at least not for rgh.
You dump your nand, patch it with your hacked dash goodness and then install the glorified stun prod to shock the cpu into doing your bidding.

No other way really. As long as it isn't that pointless newest model it should be fine, i recommend against a xenon (model v1) due to the high failure rate and general lack of support for things like rgloader.

Thanks bud, I found CHHM2 but didn't know any of the other stuff

Fuck yeah, thanks! What's the recommended CFW these days? Haven't touched the PSP scene since like 2012.

It's still ME CFW, but updated to 2.3.

Also 6.61 OFW came out.

Can anyone answer these?

So if you were doing this yourself, what would you buy exactly? The dream scenario.

my pleasure, also the second way is better if you want to change themes since they will be available directly in the home theme settings, if you use CHHM2 you'll have to launch the homebrew everytime, which can be a hassle

Just ran Henkaku again this morning and it decided to reinstall itself and it wrote a ton of folders to the root of the Vita now? What the fuck

That's what we call an update.

But why would it write the folders to the root of the vita instead of where it was before?

They updated the script to install VITA shell 0.7, it just shows more folders that were hidden before.

>tfw i don't see a point on having vita homebrew anymore
>might as well just delete it and update right off

This has been boring as fuck but i do want to know. Can you look up savefiles from 1 account and put it on the other?

Those were there before, they were just hidden.

Oh alright thanks.

early homebrew is always fucking boring, it's when the CFW comes out that things get interesting.

>been boring as fuck
M8, it's been 1 week since the release of a partial exploit on a near dead scene. You gonna need to wait at least 2-3 months before seeing cool shits.

Where did you pick it up at? Titlekeys doesn't actually have it listed, and I haven't tried too hard, but the pastebin and shit doesn't have the .cia in there.

I guess but i also don't want to run into a potential ban for literally nothing either. And lets be realistic, we wont see vita full piracy ever or at least not on this year or the next. It took them this long since release for just homebrew and encryption is a whore

Excellent, thanks for all the info, updating now.

>PSP doesn't support WPA2
Is there a plugin for this?

Not as far as I know.

I'm not able to launch freeshop, it says "sd card removed press home to exit" I updated all the things within the app but it won't let me start freeshop. I installed it via FBI with the QR code. Is there something I'm missing?

Your sd may be busted m8

insert the sd card

lmao m8s I forgot to install freeshop itself :^)

bravo. I bet no one matches your idiocy in this itt thread

>in this itt thread
>in this in this thread thread
well,you are a runner-up

The tutorial for pirating was confusing in that it had the link to the updater right under the wall of text explaining what it was. Sorry m8 its 3am and this took like 5 hours for me to do

The Howling -> FBI method worked brilliantly, thanks. Much better than loading Homebrew every time.

>PSP doesn't support WPA2

What? I was going to buy a PSP but my Wifi is WPA2.

Do I need internet access to mod my PSP for games?

No.

you are just like those fags that updated from 9.2 because they couldn't wait for shit.

go ahead, update

Supposedly some old WPA2 routers just werk, but mine and apparently lots of other peoples' craps out when trying to connect.

3dsiso has it

How do I deal with large games copying them to the HDD of my PS3?

Normally I just use PFS in multiman to read my 16gb NTFS memory stick and copy the single file over instead of splitting it for FAT32 drives.

But the game I want is almost 30gb.

So I split the file with ps3splitter and got a bunch of 1gb files. Can I copy half to my HDD then copy the 2nd half (30gb game and only 16gb memory stick) after with no issues?

How do I combine the files back into a single original pkg file once all the parts are in hdd0?

went ahead and tested this and it worked fine, but I am creating save data backups in case my original SD goes missing

Multiman/Webman runs an FTP server, look it up.

I tried that shit on a 1gb game and it took like 2 hours.

I'm disappointed in you user.

Join us

Even if 11.1 or some shit came out, A9lh won't be patched out if you already did all of Part V right?

Fucking lol

Do I have to compile VitaQuake myself?

idk how to do that famalamas. Can somebooby help?

use ethernet instead of wifi

>le works on my machine :^)

Use an ethernet cable if you can, and since you probably can't, try using a dedicated port.

Never mind. I was looking at the Gihub and didn't check Rinne-chan's site.

Repost.
>playing undub version of drakengard 3
>finish branch A and B
>bugged out over why anyone would make an undub of a game with Japanese voice DLC
>download original ISO and Japanese voice pack DLC
>Install DLC and copy iso
>Now both the undub and the original ISO give me this message when a boss fight ocurrs

Any ideas?

The last model before corona because that one is needless hassle.
Reason you want the newer ones is they're more energy efficient, reduced failure rate and the rgloader devs actually give a shit about it (I'm a dev of sorts for some RTM stuff and I've got 2 xenons, nightmare).

Something like the xcool runner or whatever it's called by team executor will do nicely.
You dump your nand use xebuild gui to inject the hacked dash and flash that back. The RGH components need to stay in to glitch the console every single time, they've got it down to a fine art it's quite reliable. You can also use multiple nands which lets you jump between retail, hacked and dev hybrid (rgloader) for trainer making and such, you can do that in hacked dash as well but the replacement xbdm plugins while brilliant in their own way are comparatively awful to the official one.

It boils down to: the console, the chip to shock the cpu at bootup, some temporary cables to dump the real nand, a multiple nand chip to store your custom nands and thats about it the last being optional.
#1 skill needed is soldering, everything else is backseat.

Piracy is enabled on Vita with a hardmod and hardmod only.

Do you do it?