How does one go about fixing the clutch for these, if it locks up as rpm increases

How does one go about fixing the clutch for these, if it locks up as rpm increases

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Speed-Steed-R-134a-Auto-Air-Conditioning-Refrigerant-12-oz/20440563
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They sell the whole compressor assembly as a set, so you have one option.
Pick n pull. Go find a compressor that looks the same, crack open the clutch and grab the rubber clutch dick from it, and reverse st ps to install, hope this helps

www.rockauto.com

buy a clutch kit

Problem with replacing it, you need to refill it,

R12 needs to be professionally removed, R134 can be done yourself.

R12 cant be refilled, and needs to be retrofitted, R134 is easy to refill, but will cost about $120 in just coolant.

To answer the question directly, there's a hub puller to remove the outer hub once you've removed the bolt in the center. Then you'll need some snap-ring pliers to remove the snap ring that retains the pulley assembly. Field coil can be removed after that. Assemble in reverse order with the new stuff. The outer hub need to be shimmed to get the proper clearance between it and the pulley so you'll need the shims and a feeler gauge.

>professionally removed

kek

Its like a $10,000 find if found out. And do you really wanna ruin the atmosphere?

Call a place, they will do it for free

>Its like a $10,000 find if found out

>I don't know what happened Al Gore, this line must have come loose by itself

I love rock auto so hard.

>120 in just coolant

>implying 2-3 $10 cans isn't good enough >muh synthetic freon
>muh stop leak
>muh professional grade r134

What do you mean it locks up? The clutch drags and spins the compressor when it shouldn't? The compressor itself stops spinning?

You need like 6 cans to fill en entire system buddy. And I dont know where you've seen them for $10 each, the only $10 cans are the baby ones. The full size ones are $20+ each, and you need at least 6 of those.

t. converted my own car to R134, and paid $120 in coolant alone.

You're retarded or trolling. I've fixed and refilled plenty of automotive AC systems and I've never spend more than $30 for the R134.

Hvac guy here
Epa has a $50,000 bounty on people who intentionally vent refrigerant to atmosphere.

R12 can be replaced with r401a without any retrofitting. You do however need to properly evacuate the system before charging it.

Sorry Mr. EPA man but it came loose in a tragic boating accident

>Epa has a $50,000 bounty on people who intentionally vent refrigerant to atmosphere.

>tell people you need to vent refrigerant and replace it for best performance
>call EPA and collect mad cash
>deny any involvement
Why haven't I done this yet?

Kek

Because they refuse to even pick up the phone when you're watching someone do it. I've tried on some Asians who were just cutting the lines off and throwing parts off the roof. Video, photo and audio evidence and they won't even talk to me.
Like any government agency they won't pay you shit, but they'll rape you for anything you owe them.

There is a difference between a recharge, and completely replacing refrigerant.

My car calls for 58 ounces, and 8 ounces of mineral oil.

that's 6x 12oz cans at $20 each + charger + oil.
Prices on the shit vary wildly. When I did it, I paid $20 each.

so fuck right off

I'm sorry you are retarded.

Let me continue showing you that you're retarded.

>that's 6x 12oz cans at $20 each + charger + oil.
You fucking idiot. That's either a bullshit price or you're the biggest moron of the decade and paid 3 times too much for refrigerant. The oil is usually like a dollar per ounce. I have a tiny jug of it left over from my last AC job (my E30).

PSA for others: Don't buy some gimmicky "charger" valve and gauge for $40 at vatozone, buy a cheap set of manifold gauges at Harbor Freight or the like for $50 and now you have manifold gauges, something every car guy should have. They work fine, they're accurate enough, they just aren't very well made so they can't take abuse, which is fine because you'll only likely use them once every few years. Sometimes the fittings screwed into the aluminum manifold will leak a little, so you take them out, dab a little pipe thread sealer on, being careful not to put it where it could find its way to the top of the fitting, and screw it back in snug (not too tight you'll strip it!).

kek
walmart.com/ip/Speed-Steed-R-134a-Auto-Air-Conditioning-Refrigerant-12-oz/20440563

>That's either a bullshit price or you're the biggest moron of the decade and paid 3 times too much for refrigerant
What part of PRICES ON THAT SHIT VERY WILDLY did you queers not comprehend?

Do I need to fucking find the goddamn receipt and show it to you fuckers?

I paid what I paid for it at Advance Auto back in 2010.

It was $16.99 for a 12oz can of Polar Ice brand refill. It was over $20 after tax.

The gauge was $20.

>What part of PRICES ON THAT SHIT VERY WILDLY did you queers not comprehend?
The part that makes if blatantly fucking untrue. You can get a can like the one I linked to at wal mart for $6 anywhere in the fucking nation

No they don't.

Off the shelf single cans are always 600% marked up because retards will still buy it.

>it locks up as rpm increases
It's working fine.