Tell me why I shouldn't buy this manual transmission '84 Mercedes 300D?

Tell me why I shouldn't buy this manual transmission '84 Mercedes 300D?

money

I can't think of any good reasons based on that picture alone.

So either buy it or give us more info.

its only 3k and matiennce will be done by me

im seriously considering it.

itll be babys first diesel

maintenance*

Looks nice
Good Price
Does it have 100 gorillion miles on it?
What work has the owner done recently? Old mercs are tough as shit but when some things go they can be really expensive to replace.

If you're in the US the manual was almost non existant. So I'd buy.

I emailed him regarding the miles. waiting for his reply.

yeah I am and I found this 4 speed manual transmission 300 Touring Diesel a few weeks ago and the listing was gone within a week. he only wanted like 2700 for it too.

Manual climate control: Buy it.
Auto climate control: Burn it.

where did you find these cars? Craigslist?

yeah.

I actually cannot find a single manual mercedes 300td for sale on craigslist at the moment. not in my area not in california.

no where in america. (on craigslist)

don't listen to these basement dweller bus rider fags OP
old Mercedes are indestructible.
only downside is that they are obviously slow.

yeah I dont mind going slow.

My grandpa drove a 300d wagon from the 80s till last year when someone crashed into him totaling it.

they're indestructable

damn

Because sticks are fucking shit.

w123 and W124 are infallible.

Because you could get a ninja 300 or dual sport bike for the same and have way more fun.

1/10

If they're indestructible why did it get totalled?

funny you mention a bike as im also thinking about getting a kawasaki KZ550 spectre. found a decent one for $1700

Whenever I see a W123 from the US, it's a diesel, even coupes. Didn't you guys ever get the petrols?

>car is worth a pack of smokes
>get ding
>insurance totals it because it'll cost a carton of smokes to fix

I own a W123 200 5 speed with 15534 miles on it and theres nothing like it

>only 3k
this is worth 1k, 2k if it's really pristine
lmao no way you'd pay 3k for that

Most were Petrol. But Diesels are now very popular because they're basically the only Diesels Americans ever had.

Mandatory question.

What do you intend to do with it?

>Not buying a W123 diesel and running FREE WVO.

git gud

Benz only bothered to send the diesels over for a while. That diesel coupe was USDM-only, too.

Wrong.

ill try to jew him down

drive to work and visit my family over the summer in Maryland (i live in New England

Then no.

lol "then no"

yeah i'll listen to some user all right!

You asked yes or no.

Maybe if you elaborated Id be open to hear your opinion.

It's an old car. With old car problems. Using it for daily driving is problematic at best, and even if you were well versed in mechanics (which doesn't look like it) the possibilities of getting stranded sometime, somewhere were high.

For using as a weekend car, sure.

So, for your intended purposes, for 3000$, no.

3k on craigslist means 2k in person.

Im not well versed in diesels but I know how to do easy shit myself.

I cant recall how many times i've heard that from customers after being called to unfuck the clusterfuck they made on their cars.

That blissful ignorance and an old mercedes, definitely don't go well together. Most probably in your hand it will end up as yet another butchered merc.

thanks for your input.

Age ends all, user. Every plastic and rubber part in that car has a limited lifespan. If you have half a clue what you're doing, not a problem. If you don't, you fuck over both yourself and the car. Plan on something, major or minor, going wrong every couple months. Budget for this. Plan around it. Be happy when you don't have to fix anything for a while. Knuckle down and fix whatever goes wrong whenever it goes wrong. It will stay mint forever, but ONLY of you're willing and able to keep it that way.

OP I had one, there will be a ton of electrical gremlins. Everything but the drive train will break. Check for corrosion underneath the battery terminal, due to the fact that the drains at the bottom of the windshield will clog with leaves and rust through the metal. Also make sure the drain lines for the sun roof are also functioning.

there is literally no reason not to buy it you fucking retard
please
please buy it