When will Ford come to their senses and put the 5.2L flatplane V8 voodoo in the GT?

When will Ford come to their senses and put the 5.2L flatplane V8 voodoo in the GT?

Other urls found in this thread:

horsepowerkings.com/the-f-150-raptor-will-receive-the-ecoboost-5-0-twin-turbo-v8-in-2018/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FORD DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES
ECOBOOSTâ„¢ IS THE FUTURE

when will you stop coming up with these stupids comments if you will never be able afford one to begin with fucking bus rider

ok.

What Ferd really needs to do is make a mid-level sports car costing around 30k which has a less powerful V8 than the Mustang but is lighter, more agile and only has two seats, bonus points for for 05/06 GT styling.

Alternatively this concept could have been a WAY better use of the ecoboost given its existence in the Mustang is a glorified tech demo rather than a car that could really benefit from it.

still can't believe they put a v6 in electric razor looking pancake ass fiesta

I don't know.

A supercharged Voodoo would be pretty sick though.

I'm pretty sure within due time someone will make a Voodoo Ford GT. (probably a special tuning company or something)

When the last Ford GT came out there were some special performance models that (i think) were not made by Ford themselves and were in fact modified.

Give it time we may very well see one and when we do it should be fantastic.

Twin turbo v6 is the superior engine

35k is more reasonable, thinking about it. Either way the marque is stagnating and that idea is just what Ford needs.

this. Ecoboost engines make peak torque at 1800 RPM. In terms of performance there's literally no reason to pick the Voodoo over the EcoBoost.

this

A smaller V8 than a 5.0? You're retarded. Now a Miata/Fiata competitor roadster with an Ecoboost 2.0, or even 2.3? That could eat Vette sales if it was marketed right.

I dropped the idea of a V8 shortly after I posted it. Not a roadster; it would be a fixed coupe but not at the same price point as the Vette.

you've got the right idea going, but arnt thinking radically enough. working off of the enthusiasm over the new GT, Ford could come out with a new, mid-engined 2-door sports car that reuses existing ecoboost and V6 platforms and shared as much parts commonality as possible with existing Ford models, just like Pontiac did with the Fiero.

it would be cheap, simple, lightweight little car that would fill the gab between the hot hatch Fiestas and the larger low trim level Mustangs without encroaching on the flagship Mustang GT's sales and standing apart as the only mid-engine car in the US not in a Ferrari or Alfa Romeo showroom.

A fixed coupe? Like the fucking Mustang? You are so tard. They already have a 4banger coupe

I haven't fleshed the idea out yet but this is basically what I was getting at. MR may be a little excessive in the real world but as you implied, it's a great fucking tool for marketing.

t. marketingfag

>A four-seat, [ideally] V8, heavy muscle car is the same thing as a 4banger, two-seat lightweight sports car because they're both coupes
And I'm the tard.

You are. You originally pitched it with a "smaller" (wut) V8.

>fun cars
>in an era where fun cars are being portrayed as the greatest evil since Hitler
That shit ain't happening unless it's got some sort of progressive autopilot feature.

Using this retarded logic the Corvette and Camaro are the same thing.

In the post you quoted I explicitly said I wasn't referring to the hypothetical V8.

They don't offer a V6 or 4banger Corvette, tard2 .

No, Ford needs to keep selling trucks and SUVs in order to be able to pay their employees.

FOUND
ON
ROAD
DE-MASCULATED WITH A V6

BECAUSE YOUR KISS
YOUR KISS
IS ON MY LIIIIIIISSSSTTT

When they decide to make boomer bait again instead of a homologated race car.

>offer a slower, less technically advanced entry model for a lower price.

Sounds like a cool idea.

They need a corvette competitor, 50-100k. Ford is trying way to hard to make a platform they can sell everywhere, escape, fusion, mustang, fiesta, etc. I doubt they could get their heads out of they ass's on this one. Look at Lincoln, prime example of nothing getting done

HYPE WILLIAMS BIG PIPPIN JUST LIKE THE OLD TIMES?

>being non-American
Shit opinions. Shit opinions everywhere.

they wont officially. they built with v6 for le mans assault limit is capped at 4 litres.

but if a owner wants to put a 5.2 in the back of their gt its their car...

horsepowerkings.com/the-f-150-raptor-will-receive-the-ecoboost-5-0-twin-turbo-v8-in-2018/
I want to see this engine put in the GT like nothing else I've ever wanted before.

Muse in the realm

Thrust in the avenue

Oh my god Ford please do this

>in an era where fun cars are being portrayed as the greatest evil since Hitler

You can have fun and not damage other things in the process, user.

Not while you're a teenager

Then maybe you should learn how to drive before you get a performance car.

I would rather have an electric GT. It would be much more economical. I hope the new Tesla Roadster is nice. Other automakers will then follow Tesla to make electric sports cars.

If only everyone else adhered to such beliefs

I know you're just trying to meme and start an argument, but I want to see this. I want to see car companies utilize the advantages of the electric car and go absolutely crazy with them. They won't have range worth dick, but who gives a shit? AWD+instantaneous maximum torque will be absolutely hektik.

I'm not, though. I'm sharing my opinion.

>they are posting about american engines
>somewhow they aren't americasn

dumb burger

NOICE

Lol that fucking pic

REACHING OUT
FOR SOMETHING TO HOLD

>A smaller V8 than a 5.0? You're retarded.
>4.6

that should have been their only thought from the get go with the 2017 raptor

much as i'd love a raptor i'd still rather buy a f350 diesel, much more practical

>flatplane
this meme needs to end

Ford recalls 271K pickups to fix brake fluid leak

The base 5.0 Mustang is close enough to 30k already.. why wouldn't they just build a smaller, lighter car and drop the same drive train in it rather than reinventing the whole wheel?

>When will Ford come to their senses and put the 5.2L flatplane V8 voodoo in the GT?
when ford, or anybody who isn't high as fuck, believes the voodoo 5.2 would last 24 hours of racing.

They need to put the Ecoboost Voodoo Cyclone EcoBoost PowerShift mySYNC FORD TOUCH 0%APR ActiveSync Titanium Edition VCT twin dependant dual forcecharger with EcoGreen twin-duel-platinum HPDE powerboost technology into the GT

Forgot to stick Coyote in there and a couple of fox body cobra mustang references would have been great

still aluminum foil truck.

>titanium edition
>not Harley Davidson edition

dropped

Let me know when Harley Davidson sounds like a super cool advanced space age NASA military grade cool metal to a dumb consumer.

>New Yttrium Edition Twin Caesium VCT with Platinum Plus technology featuring Radioactive Iodine

gte is 5.5 natural aspiration, 4.0 forced.

The LS7 lasted 24 hours of racing but some people on Veeky Forums still seem to believe they are unreliable.

>featuring Radioactive Iodine

what they need to do is get the cost of the RS down to 25k and provide it with better cooling

>better cooling

What does it need to accomplish that, a better radiator and fan or do they need to redesign the engine itself?

>What does it need to accomplish that,
competent engineers