Alicesoft/Rance General #526
Last thread: Possible Rance VI Announcement Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/SiHaMJ5v
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/jumUkvv6
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=654
Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Possible MG Localisation Announcement - August 2016 (No Guarantee)

Rance X - Announced

Just Released

Tsumamigui 3 Extra
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2069021

Rance 01 OVA Episode 4
Raws
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2057092
Subbed
mega.nz/#!vMdTEbzI!MPOvbZ0pKh669t2GKtEi-fqa8JMu-FfHAXBOVrKu9PY

Recent Releases

Beat Blades Haruka (ENG)
buy from Mangagamer if you want to buy
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1949364
Physical Edition out 1th July 2016

Released Last Two Years (See FAQ for downloads and info)

January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
January 2016 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 3 (JAP/ENG)
October 2015 - Blade Briders OVA (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)
June 2015 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 2 (JAP/ENG)
April 2015 - Evenicle (JAP)
January 2015 - Mamatoto (ENG)
December 2014 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 1 (JAP/ENG)
October 2014 - Blade Briders (JAP)
September 2014 - Kichikuou Rance (ENG)
April 2014 - Rance IX (JAP)

On permanent hiatus unless localised by Mangagamer. Late 2016 at the earliest for the next Alicesoft game after Haruka.

Rance 5D - 100% translated,100% edited. Never to be released

Rance VI - 88.4% translated.

Rance Quest - 64% translated.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangagamer.org/announcements/
sites.google.com/site/ludoshut/home/index-page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mangagamer.org/announcements/

Mangagamer panel is on Saturday the 13th of August at 22.30 EDT.

Any announcement will be made then.

Some posters are interested in repeating the Shizuka birthday drawfag challenge again in the future but with a different topic.

The current suggestion is to make it a once a month thing so based on the Shizuka birthday I'd suggest the first week of September.

If anyone has any ideas on a topic feel free to suggest it but at the moment it's probably just draw anything Alicesoft related

Bird obviously

What other designs changed majorly from KR?

How about something simple like a hanny and a hanniko as a belated hanny day celebration?

>Rance Game Translation Chart
I must be blind, this doesn't say anything about translation

Green is translated. Yellow is in translation/is translated but not released

Why are the digests in KR continuity and not the games?

I'd imagine it was just the easiest way to represent the fact that the digests replaced the originals but unlike the remakes aren't canon

Did they? When and why?

In 2004.

Because the old original games (more I than II) came from a period before a lot of the lore was developed?

Leazas doesn't even exist in Rance I

whats the difference between 02 and 02 kaikai

Rance 02 is a direct remake of Rance II with updated graphics and from memory Deathko isn't in the original.

Kai patch (and the Kaikai patch) have an updated script from 2009.

Among other things the Tomato scene and why Rance doesn't fuck her is expanded on and Shizuka agrees to become Rance's slave if he saves her father.

From Zeth? Magic, Usupira and Saias.

We're not going to get to the next thread before the announcment so if it's not VI it's gonna get awkward.

Not really. As long as it's something it is fine

I'll take anything Alicesoft. At least that's a sign that the partnership is being productive, and they aren't sitting on it and preventing anything else from being made.

What if it is Oyako Rankan?

It's not going to be Oyako Rankan.

Everything and most tellingly Arunaru's desire to stick it up the doubters suggests Rance.

Plus he said the secret game was something he is actually interested in which isn't Oyako Rankan.

Will never understand the desire for Oyako Rankan out of all things. I want to say it's to fill the niche of high-quality milf nukige, but it only has one heroine that qualifies. But that's apparently in more demand than Tsumamigui or Tsumashibori.

I'm not sure Aru being an asshole means much. He's always been a prick.

If you're planning to gloat it suggests you have something you think you can gloat about.

Oyako Rankan would literally be proving all the doubters right

I dunno. Aru's full of enough hot air I can believe he's just talking shit. I'd be happy for English fans but as far as that being an indicator? Ehhhh.

He was thinking of not going Comiket on Sunday just to gloat/answer questions for the announcement at Otakon. He's that happy.

Since when did he started feeding on our despair?

if you say so. for your sake, I hope it is.

How many nameshits did he plunge the thread into? Let's not forget that he called Ludo out to the point that he broke and left. Arunaru was always feeding on our despair.

Personally, I'm half-amused by it and half-moon reading, so it doesn't affect me by much (Yoru ga Kuru will never be in English, so hard to care more). Really, I'm just saying it as it is.

He was right about Ludo.

Speaking of nameshit; how is gele suppose to be pronounced?

ジル

Jill

jiru.

Gandhi
Everyone from Japan except Isoroku

Tsumamigui
Daiteikoku
Little Vampire
Rance Quest Vanilla
Pastel Chime(actually wouldn't mind this one)

All for 59.99

Did user ever finish his Rize/Rizna/ReesesPieces pic?

Draw Kamilla evey week.
Draw Hornet every day.
Draw Rance next month.
Draw one Rance character as a Mario type character or powerup.

This is the results of a poll we did a month or so ago on who Rance will fuck in Rance X.

I won't be around for the next three days but fortunately that covers the weekend which is more active so the thread should survive my absence

I wish. I might be able to draw a good Kamilla after a decade

Just believe in youself, user. I was able to go from shit to not as shit in under a few months.

Which Mario thing would fit Shizuka? That one Wizard Koopa?

Yes.

And Lia is Princess Peach and Kayblis is bowser

As promised here it is. Doodled at work with a crappy pencil with no eraser on the back of scrap paper people place orders on.

Just for you, hanons

Well I'm off. Hopefully when I return VI or 01 are announced

Nice. I'd love to see you draw when you have more time to do so.

Kamilla should be Peach.

Nice. I think I should try my hand at Kamilla next if I can find a decent picture of her whole self.

Why is she on a horse?

It's a cow, not a horse.

Ohb hard to tell. Is a buffalo just a bigger and hairy cow in Rancem

FUCKING HYPE
QUEST CONFIRMED BEST GAME

I wouldn't even put it in the top 5 and there's better loli scenes in the series if want those, Mill's scene was almost painful to read

I mean, I guess if you're a lolicon.

Gyokai does better lolis though

>Miki
Nope
>Copa
I dunno man, I struggle to see how she could be made relevant, she barely had any presence in Quest and that was as close as she could get.

Great taste.

>I struggle to see how she could be made relevant
She's TADA's favourite. She's probably not getting any major role, but she's likely to at least get a fuck scene.

and

and

I kinda hope Kamilla gets some concept art in X or something because I'm curious to see what her wings normally look like in canon.

Hopefully they have recovered

SHADE's programming a VN engine in Unity. Didn't know he was also programming proficient.

wasn't he a founding member? You don't work for a small company like AS, and help make it a brand name on music composition alone. At least not in the 90's.

>Possible Rance VI Announcement Edition
I want to believe.

2 days and 3 hours left user. Hang in there. We will survive.

One of Shizuka's best games

Well, thank you.

Say, if they do announce Rance 6 how long will it be before release? Aru is already sitting on a finished translation.

Depends on how long they want to hype it up. Three to four months later seems around right.

What if it's not Rance 6, and Aru was fooling us all along?

They have to market it, finalize payments, set up maybe physical sales (production, manufacturing, any additional licensing costs) and set up pre-orders so probably before new year to maybe January.

That is assuming it is Rance 6 of course.

Physical sales would probably come way later, depending on how well the digital did.

Unless they want to go with a new model to show how confidence they are in the title or something.

Haruka came out in February and that still took translating, editing and beta-testing.

Have mangagamer ever gone physical first? I get the impression they haven't.

January sounds way off considering Haruka was announced around this time(a bit earlier) and was released in February even though it had a full translation, editing and scripting left to be done, which is not the case for VI.

Probably November or late October then.

Knock it off

They haven't, hence why they wouldn't have to set up physical sales.

I probably should scan older threads before asking this, but what's going on with the lore site from the FAQ? I'm getting a page not found error.

sites.google.com/site/ludoshut/home/index-page

Ludo killed it. Should be taken off the FAQ.

I think reason is basically after Arunaru pissed Ludo off for calling out his translation errors, Ludo then ragequitted and removed the subbed Rance IX intro as well as that site.

He left the site alive for like an year after that happened, then removed it.

It's dead. Ludo pulled the plug. Shame nobody sniped up the correct info cuz it was one of the best English resources.

Thank you. Was there a source he was translating from, or was it derived from the games/resources?

Japanese wiki.

what user

After Arunaru pissed Ludo off, he took down the videos but left the site alone. Someone called him out at reddit about the Rance stuff while he was Reading Steiner, causing him to take down the site.

how did aru piss off ludo

Shitting on his translations.

Survive another two days.

Thank you

You're not my mom!

This is what we call surviving /haniho/

Some another user translated RWN at least

What? Where is it?

You know, even if Rance gets announced I somehow see our situation being the same till something actually gets released.

It will cause some people to come back to the thread though

It'll help in the mean time.

Page 10 again

Mega link in the op faq

Rance gets her in his harem in X, right? Creating a new dragon race or something?

Will be hope though