/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread:

Wonder what happened to him after, cant tell zombie names apart when not a zombie.

Shotguns are so fun.

Do merchants in coc pay the same rate for artefacts or will some pay more? If the latter, who pays the most?

Sakharov and Herman normally pay the most.

Scientists in yantar or jupiter

ded

Is it?

>You will never hunt bandits alongside Solaire

yes

bump

For God's sake post something you lazy fucks.

it'll be more lively when 1.4 comes out they just put a new pastebin changelog in the comments section on the moddb page and said it was coming "soon"

An insectoid enemy that mimics rooftop antennae and preys on birds. They cluster together and only attack if perturbed. When near a mimic - if you have your radio out you can pick up the eerie noises they emit...

When the weed about to hit.

NATO weapons > Warsaw Pact weapons

The Harbinger is a larger than man sized bat like mutant that will land and enter common emission-safe zones just before an emission hits as to trap their prey in with them.

These mutants are quite intelligent...

aesthetics

You don't like wood?

ded game

I forget, are we allowed to talk Metro in here? because I'm fixing to play the 2033 Redux for the first time, and am debating on Survival or Spartan. The 'wants to be gud' in me wants to pick survival, but the 'i'm super pissed off at everything right now' thinks spartan might be the better option.

Also, does this game have the same Stalker difficulty curve where on easier difficulties everything is spongy, you included, but on harder everything is squishy?

Not sure how it works with redux, but "normal" 2033 only had increased damage (dealt and taken) when using the ranger mode. You had 3 difficulties, and you could then select ranger variants of them. Ranger hardcore had no hud, either and even scarcer ammo.

With redux (where both games share the UI) it becomes kind of a pain because you now have weapon slots like in stalker (You had specific slots that were always present before), and you only get two instead of 3 if you go with ranger. The absence of a HUD is a bit of a pain too, since the wheel you select grenades/thrown weapons with is invisible, too. With

It's been a long time since I played it, so this might not be accurate.

Go survival, it's a cakewalk on Spartan

So i'm playing AMK:AE, walking around the hangar at Garbage. Suddenly, my character keeps "falling asleep" and i'm on the ground dead. The sleep sound plays, screen blacks out, and suddenly i'm on the floor dead at night.

Any ideas about what's causing this? I don't remember anything like this after playing this mod a few months back.

Oh, I forgot to mention: despite the few kinks, the highest difficulty is also the most rewarding, as far as gaming is concerned. The resource pressure is there, and urges you to scavenge and sneak.

okay, thanks. I like that Ranger makes enemies and yourself squishier, but I hate that it limits the HUD. I wish that in itself was an option

It's only bad because of the wheel, really. It's nice for immersion and all, if you care for that.

You just gotta learn to let go.

So i guess i'm dying from alcohol poisoning?
Is there a way to cure it or do i just need to reload?

>/sg/ dies literally days before CoC 1.4 goes live

>No, only idiots from /sg/. 1.4.1 with patches is the most stable thing around after CoC.

HAhahahahahaaaa

no.

start traveling aound, and go take a trip to yantar.

?

>1919x1079

"Such is life in the zone" would have been a perfect death message for that.

dumb

fucking

frog poster

okay, so far I'm liking this game, but fuck that irritated me
>Bourbon points out a tripwire, and avoids it
>Take the exact same route, and it gets tripped

You can disarm them by activating the ends. It's much easier that way.

shit, I didn't even think of that

You can also unscrew bulbs, break lights and extinguish lanterns. You can open boxes and shit, like those orange ones on walls.

I turn around to talk to the Barman for a second... and this. What the fuck.

Here i was, worrying that i didn't have a rucksack when i got to the bar, and this guy drops dead.

fuckin amk

Radioactivity-induced aneurysm.

too much vodka, same will happen to you if ya drink too much.

At least it wasn't one of the quest-giver guys.
Hopefully it doesn't happen again...

>/sg/ is going to die while /ksg/ lives on
First /indie/ and now this.

>when the krokodil hits

Don't worry, misery 2.2 will surely release soon and we'll be flooded with newfags who will keep the thread alive with questions regarding it's compatibility with CoC.

I'll be here until the end user.

no matter how many breaks i take from Stalker, i always come crawling back...

>I keep dying before I get to the boat
>why are all the NPC weapons broken
>what do you mean I can't run, use a medkit, and eat an entire sausage at the same time

I learned that the hard way, after my latest save.

Guess you ended up like the guy in my screenshot

Yeah, in an endless loop because that's the only save I had. It was on Cordon though, so no loss.

I'm not sure if the player can actually die by drinking vodka in AMK.
I think it may seem it kills you because you pass out on a hostile area, and by doing that you die.
remember passing out and waking up once I drank a lot of vodka in camp, though I might be talking out of my ass because I barely remember.

I miss playing Shadow of Chernobyl

I died in Garbage in the same way, but it was due to starvation. I ate something right before passing out and managed to survive.

have you guys seen life of boris on youtube? lots of cheeki breeki and slav sqauting.

/sg/ - literally anything slavic

/sg/=slavic general

>/sg/ - Literally anything to bump the thread general

Kill yourself

rude

Fuck you

rude

Kill yourself

Infiltrating enemy territory on Warfare is way more fun than I expected.

I never thought I've end up using my pistol in Yantar.
The ecologists have the tankiest protection suits I've ever seen.

>Memefare

why don't just play Battlefield 4

Almost certainly alcohol poisoning. If you have had about 5 bottles in the last 24 hours, that would be it. Roll back to an earlier save.

There's a known issue with Yantar, but it's really rare. Never had it happen to me. But 1.4.1 is otherwise rock solid stable. The AMK folks used the same patches that formed the basis of ZRP later and added tons of their own fixes. They had some talented coders too.

You're part of that silly /sg/ memery the first guy was talking about. It's a solid mod other than the memes here.

No, you die from too much vodka in AMK. Read scripts/amk_alcohol.script, it's a pretty detailed system. You can get alcohol addiction and even suffer from withdrawal with symptoms if you don't drink for too long. Etc. Lots of detail in there.

will a fully upgraded ak-74 with pso-1 make a decent DMR in stcop? or should i just use it with a kobra for medium/short ranges?

pic unrelated

Noice

>memefield

why not just play Warfare?

Ecologists need a fucking nerf. It's absurd how resilent they are they are a bunch of NERDS they should be the easiest to kill.

>there are anons who downloaded 1.4 beta before it was deleted
>they didn't upload this beta anywhere to share it with fellow anons

cunts

Mate, all engagements in stalker take place at medium/close ranges (read 150 meters and below). I personally roll with unupgraded AKS74U, and it gets the job done.

Nigger there are plenty of large, open fields where you can snipe people. Zaton is a good example.

>all engagements in stalker take place at medium/close ranges
last time i tried sniping the bandit in the window of garbage trainyard from further distance, he was right out of my range, the bullets missed him by less than 0.3m
do the upgrades fix it or should i pick up the sr25?

You do realise that alife switch distance is set to 230 meters by default? There's nothing past this mark.

Lmao nerd what the shit are you fucking about?

Past 230 meters mark, every creature goes into offline state, and you can't interact with them in any way: they won't be rendered past that distance.

But that doesn't mean you can't snipe enemies which are already rendered you daft fuck homo.

how do you get through the dark valley factory.

By pressing forward.

They disappear, shlomo.

Have you ever used the fucking sniper rifle in Stalker?

The shit was up for 3 months, why would you just now suddenly want to try the beta with the whole thing just around the corner?

That and it's been so long since the last 1.4 RC was put out and they've added so much shit since then that they may as well call the upcoming patch 1.5.

jews.

On my stalker?

HAHAHA fucking fat sidorvich cosplayers right here. Anyways i noticed just now. In my Gamedata folder of AA 2.1 there is a folder called modcfg and within it is a bunch of .cfg and txt files explaining what they are.

it seems i have to drag and drop these into my game data config folder for them to take effect. Anybody here messed with em? lots of stuff that seems interesting from the readmes.

Controllers are impossible to survive if you're already holed up for a variety of reasons.

>just around the corner

so when?

???

In my wildly unprofessional opinon? I'd wager a week or so at this point. The bitbucket page for the existing CoC weapon mods reached final polish mode a few days back, and the main CoC commits page reads like a bunch of last minute quality of life changes.

Between that, the taking down of 1.4 betas, and the release of official patch notes the other day, we're pretty damn close.