>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/5579645618.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Faggot hipster cafe 'racer' edition

daily reminder that honda a shit

fuckn owned

That`s how I roll

Can anyone identify this bike and give me an estimated value? I know it's a Kawasaki from 1982 but I do not know the model

Honda a best

I need my first form of personal transport. I've looked into cars but even for the shittiest car I would wind up paying ~$300 a month in insurance when I make about $400 a month to begin with. I wouldn't even be able to fill up the tank and it'd break down in two months anyway with what I could afford

I don't need to go fast, I just need to get around town. So I thought a scooter would do. The thing is I have absolutely no experience with them.

I'm not the kind of person to do absolutely stupid shit,I also don't take unnecessary risks, I'm just not the kind of person who wants to be put in harm's way

all that being said, buying a scooter is pretty much 100% contrary to all that.

I've been reading the beginner guide for a while and I saw that you can (and should) sign up for an MSF course. I absolutely want to enroll, but I'm not sure that even after taking it I would be prepared to start on the moped. I'm not even that good at driving a car (don't even have my license yet, just a permit. Yeah I'm over 18. Go on, laugh.)

Of course I don't expect to be driving on actual roads right out of the gate, I'd take lots of time to just ride around my neighborhood before trying anything remotely risky.

is this essentially a suicidal pipe dream or is it feasible ride a moped as my first form of personal transport, granted I ease myself into it?

looks like a KZ440. Probably in the realm of $1000 if you're in US or Eur, give or take depending on conditon. If you're in Australia it's probably closer 2 - 3k assuming it runs

wow you are fucked lmao

get a real bike not a scooter

scooters suck dicks

Don't be afraid of it or you're gonna fuck up.
You have to own the bike. Start on a 250 and start on the roads as everybody else did.
I've only been riding for like 6 months and I've put 12,000km down and now ride motorcycles on footpaths for a living

don't get a scoot

Why not get a scooter? I know they're not cool but I'm not really getting one for looks

Post your bike edition

They're dangerous as shit. Tiny little wheels, no power, shit brakes, shit everything. Any crap motorcycle is better than a scooter.

Get a ninja 250 or 500 or 650.

k

dbt,
what do you guys think about buying this bike?

greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/5579645618.html

he says it runs flawlessly, but just needs a healight. Obviously a headlight isnt very expensive or difficult to replace - could there be some larger electrical issue to be worried about?

Forgot my hashtags #freshsportbikeoc #dropped #builtnotbought #oc

they're not fun, slow as shit with even less cornering capability than cruisers
they promote a half-face no gloves attitude

bridge the connection lost by the headlight and then check all the electrics. You won't be able to inspect the electrics if it's not all connected

Any tips on budging anti bike parents? 19 and I pay all my bills (insurance, 90% of my food, bought my own car) and they won't budge on a motorcycle, solely because it's dangerous. I've got the cash In hand and a job to support it, only reeason I can't move out is because Tuition payments

GS500's are shit, get something with actual redeeming features.

is a sport bike really going to be safer than a slow as shit scooter? I just don't want to die out the gate

People die in car crashes, in their sleep, while walking, while working out, all kinds of things. Wear gear and ride safe and you'll be fine.

Basically just buy a bike and make them get over it.

None of those are sportbikes.

Kill yourself that will show them!

the smaller bikes are more sportbike style than actual sportbikes
you have similar lean angles to the sportier 600, 750, 1000cc etc bikes, but they have nowhere near the power. They're literally made for learning
yeah you have to just take the plunge mate, I did it and my ex did it too. At first they'll panic, then they'll offer to buy the bike back from you, then they'll get over it.

Thinking about threatening to move in with my uncle a few miles away who is huge into bikes, or just keeping it there and having it be a secret. Think they would actually go fucking ballistic if I did that. Also thought about finding a better job and just making jokes possible to move out. Also thought about buying a cheap handgun and telling them I'll hobby gun collecting instead

by similar lean angles i meant similar seating positions* oops

alright I've been dissuaded from the scooter. Now I just need to find one of these starter bikes and learn how to ride.
I legit don't even know how to turn a bike on so that MSF course is first on my list.

does the "don't buy from dealers" adage apply to bikes too?

Don't know why my phone put jokes but I meant to say make enough. Also gun collecting would drive them up a fucking wall (liberal fags)

stealerships in my town are doing an alright job and finance interest rates are at an all time low (like 1 - 3% locally), but in America I assume it's as fucked as it has always been. Buy used so you aren't scared of dropping it, as most people will drop their first bike.

I dropped mine going at a walking pace because I didn't head check properly and panicked when a car appeared. I'm sure someone has my webm

Do you live with your parents?

Yes: Move out
No: Grow some balls

oh I didn't mean I wanted to buy one new, but if they pulled some shady shit on used bikes

I'm mainly asking because I'm browsing used on craigslist

It's nothing to do with growing balls it's trying not to destroy an otherwise good relationship with my parents. But I have on many occasions thought about saving up buying the bike taking 7k just say fuck it and become a motorcycle drifter

there isn't a great deal of shady shit you can pull on a bike. Off the top of my head would be Odo switches, consumables or other parts replaced, oil replaced with shit, chain cleaned with wd40. If you know or want to learn how to wrench then you shouldn't have a problem. It also helps if you can find a local expert on whatever bike you pick up.

You have to separate yourself m8. If you want to ride a bike ride a bike.

I can do better than that I think

check the:
Mirrors
Throttle freeplay
Brake lever freeplay
electricals
brake pad wear
oil level/condition
tyre tread
tyre pressure (not a huge deal unless they've been run with low pressure for an extended period)
look at the mirror and brake/clutch levers for signs of droppage
foot peg scrapes are not a huge deal
make sure it starts first try
let it run for ten minutes, take it for a test ride or whatever. Afterwards make sure that all of the exhaust valves are hot. Touch them if you can't figure out a better way
check for smoke coming out of the exhaust on the first start. Black smoke is fine and common with bikes that run exceptionally rich.
if the wheels are spoked then make sure they're all straight

I've probably left out a bunch of shit but yeah, if you have a mate who knows about it then bring him along.

stop thinking about it and just do it though

real nigga alert

Trafficlight dragged a turbo'd Harley today on the Big-Strom. I got BTFO once it spooled up. Just dumped heaps of unburt fuel once on boost, but holy fuck did it move.

I wish I had my gopro.

when I get my bike should I use hand signals with my motorcycle's turn signals? Because I know when I drive a car I can barely see those tiny ass things

No, just ride offensively

I'm jelly.

>should I use hand signals

point taken

>tfw snackboxes were discontinued
hold me user

>Odo switches

Anyone want to by a low milage V-Strom, lady owner etc.

Just use the handle signals and nothing else. You'll look like a nazi every time you turn right.

Night ride a best

You killed her.

I just now realized I never emailed you back kek

It's cool mang

>female owner
usually a reason not to purchase a car, but with bikes it means the bike has never been thrashed and has only seen sunny days

Yeah I think I'm just going to buy it and if they don't want to support it fuck em'. If my uncle can ride for 30+ years without crashing I'm sure I have faith in myself as a rider. The funny thing is my dad is so scared of motorcycles because he crashed his, it wasn't until recently that my uncle told me he tried taking a 70s Kawasaki down a gravel road at 45 mph. So he basically crashed because he's an idiot

I want a starter bike with at least some cargo area, and don't want to ride around looking like a flaming gay flamingo on a sport bike called a "ninja".

I don't trust sources that are not Veeky Forums because I'm autistic.

GS 500

what country?

GS500 or the Kawasaki similar. Albeit parts may be harder to find/more expensive.

GS is the quintessential bike for starters. Cheap. Plenty of parts available. Easy to ride and easy to work on.

Brilliant. Now I'll only look bisexual instead of gay. Thanks guys, I'll see in in a few months.

Nc700
Suzuki across
The only bikes with a frunk

>down a gravel road at 45 mph
gravel + speed = stability

nah I mean what country are you in lmao

happily

Across user i summon thee

Best honda commuter over here

CTA plz

What's CTA?

post pic of gf/mom and you will see.

Cup tribute user

this, he prints out coffee cups with your image on them and drinks tea from them, TEA. WHO THE FUCK DRINKS TEA. WHAT A FUICKING FAGGOT

We have a regular poster that makes cum tributes to people's pictures.
Welcome to /dbt/, please enjoy your stay.

Some faggot who works in pottery

>tfw going for MSF tomorrow
>nervous as fuck even though I've ridden for about 5 hours or so

How to not be nervous?

Hey don't you like sucking cock?

Stop listening to people telling you how you'll die a gruesome death
>caricanza

dude weed lmao

Nervous is normal. Nervous is good. Just breathe deeply and try clearing your mind. In the end you're just there to learn so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Probably not, haven't tried it tho

You deserve a fate worse than crashing

You forgot your trip.

He wouldn't even tribute you, as he knew you would love for that to happen and it creeped him out even.

Yeah for some reason it isn't saved in the name field in the quick reply box anymore.

what's up brotha

>jelly that I am immune to CTA

>RHD
>heresy

its literally the only way to tell us from australia

I just don't cum on anybody and you are bottom of the barrel.

she hot tho

je suis le biker
you just crave for unwarranted attention don't you?

If you like bucktoothed bitches, she could eat an apple through a tennis racquet.

>850X478

WTF??

> Dickson kfc
Worst kfc in canberra right behind the phillip one

gunners is worse desu
where you from?

>yuropeens wehrking
>ded tred

Drew my grom waifu lads

no