So how did you fail/pass your driving exam, Veeky Forums ?

So how did you fail/pass your driving exam, Veeky Forums ?

>Went to the examination place (Regitra).
>Waited my ass off.
>The Anxiety kicking harder than a taekwondo master.
>The instructor comes in, calls out my name.
>I try to shake his hand.
>Gave him the limp-dick shake.
>Fucker squeezed my fingers as hard as he could.
>Great, I got an asshole.
>we went outside and entered the car.
>He tells me to try it out for a bit.
>I do, checking everything important in the process.
>This Ford Focus has the shitiest clutch I ever expierienced.
>Everything else feels a-okay.
>He starts the exam.
>"everything is being recorded, there will be no purposely bad directions given to you etc."
>Starts of asking me about the car, where to check the oil level and optimal amount of air in the tires.
>somehow pass it.
>Next up was turning around in a closed space and a 60 degree angle parking.
>Flawless manouvering on my part.
>Next up is the city driving.
>Driving through the hills.
>going down hill.
>Tried to accelarate in the 4th gear while going >25 k/mh.
>Mistake.
>quick switch to the 3rd and off I go again.
>Nothing noteworthy happens, just really shit roads and traffic.
>some cocksucker left his fucking car in the middle of the road.
>Accelarate and merge into the left lane.
>Instructor marks down a mistake.
>Didnt check the blind spot properly.
>come back to Regitra.
>"You made some mistakes. Didn't turn the blinkers on when starting to move. You were turning to the right while being too far from the curb. You didn't check the blind spots and you chose the wrong gear".
>"Congratulations, you passed".

Thank god we get a maximum of 8 mistakes

>be 15 years old, go to DMV and apply for learner's permit allowing me to drive as long as a licensed driver over 21 is in the car
>take driver's ed at home (read a book, log 30 hrs of driving time under various conditions with parents in passenger seat)
>turn 16, go to DMV on my birthday
>give them paperwork saying I completed the driver's ed requirements, look into machine for quick eye exam, have photo taken, get thumbprint taken
>no driving test required since I did driver's ed
>take 20 question multiple choice test, pass, acquire full license with no restrictions

Failed my first one because someone let me out of a side street without hand signals.

My state is like this if you do drivers ed through school, but all the schools cut it because they're broke (thanks republicans).

Here you can get your parents or other licensed driver over 21 (I think, might have to be older) to teach you the driving portion, classroom portion is pretty much just self study of a book or watching hours and hours of boring shit on a DVD, I opted to just read through the book.

You can also pay a private instructor to teach you both the classroom and driving sections, some of my friends did that. My high school didn't offer driver's ed either.

I failed mine because I didn't stop before the white line at a stop sign. Never seen anyone actually stop and then pull up to look both ways

>no driving test required since I did driver's ed
Merika.

>still haven't taken the test
I can't do it

>go to exam place in southern orange County California
>pretty nervous because I suck at driving
>start the testime, make a protected left and then an unprotected left
>turn onto pacific Coast Highway
>pull on directly behind some Mexicans in a topless lowrider impala who are cruising along at like 15mph on the highway hitting their hydraulics and blasting oldies whistling at girls in bikinis
>cruise along behind them at 12mph for 15 minutes until examiner gets bored and tells me to pull off and return to dmv
>passed with flying colors
>thank you based cholos

I agree, it's pretty ridiculous to be honest. I actually did the coursework and logged all the driving hours that were required but could have just as easily not done any of it and lied about it, no one at the DMV would've known the difference. That's why safety standards are such a big deal over here: it is almost expected that a kid will wreck their first vehicle during high school and it is accepted with the notion that, "we'll that's a teenager for you, hopefully they've learned their lesson now and won't drive like an idiot anymore."

> that pic
It horrifies me everytime I see it.

And I passed theory test on the second go because I didn't bother doing much revision for the first one, and duly failed. Passed the practical on my first attempt. Three minors for overshooting a red light (stopped a foot over the line), being slightly too far away from the curb while parallel parking (I know I could've gotten closer but I didn't want to risk hitting the curb, which may have been an instant failure), and for late signaling entering a roundabout.

Been licensed nearly two years. How time flies...

Lucky fucker. Here in ausfaliure we have to have 75 hours learners then from 17 to 20 we cant drive V8s or turbos or anyhting with any mod that increases engine perfromance. We cant have more than one passenger and we cant drive from 12am to 5am. And if you do a burnout you loose your liscence and pigs can seize your car

I did everything right but failed twice because of speeding

On the third time, the examiner was a retired cop and casually informed me that I could usually get away with 5-10 over if I drove a respectable (nonsporty) looking car from an american brand or toyobaru. I passed with a few points docked for not stopping to let a black family cross the road.

'Murika

>all this because a young kid crashed in a car far more powerful than most of the shit banned by p-plate laws

nice

Yeah. I can drive a 190kw V6 but a 170kw V8 is too powerful.

I'm amazed how every time I think a country has really shitty laws, Ausfailia comes onstage and ups the ante.

But yeah my driving test went like this
>do all the maneuvers in the parking lot of the DMV
>pull up to the first stop sign to begin the real driving part
>stop, look left and right before pulling out into the road once it's clear
>"okay take a right up here, can you guess why you failed?"
>uh
>"you didn't come to a complete stop, the speedometer has to read exactly zero come back later lel"
>this is exactly how my mom "taught" me to drive since she bitched if I spent more than .01s longer at a stop sign than necessary
>fuck.rar

>try again a week later, this time making sure to stop dead and wait a solid five seconds before I continue
>hadn't slept in 36 hours, practically about to die in my seat
>"you need to relax, you're so tense and your knuckles are white"
>barely manage to churn out a feigned I AM RELAXED
>score near perfect on my exam but that doesn't fucking matter because American driving tests are a joke

>every time I think a country has really shitty laws, Ausfailia comes onstage and ups the ante.
they try and contain all the shitposters and harsh laws only feed into the reactionary

>hadn't slept in 36 hours, practically about to die in my seat
>"you need to relax, you're so tense and your knuckles are white"
this is what I find weird about tests in general
they are like a hazing ritual that does not really teach anything and with luck you might pass and never have to deal with that bs again

Dude, he failed the first time because his mom was such a shitty driving instructor that she didn't even explain to him that, by law, you must come to a complete stop at a stop sign. The test clearly worked as intended; it demonstrated that he didn't have a very comprehensive grasp of basic driving rules.

>appointment at 8:15
>test begins at 9:30 because the DMV sucks
>instructor is a nigress
>pass the car inspection, now we drive
>do everything perfectly
>yield to traffic at an intersection and then turn left
>nigress chimps out, orders me to stop the car at the middle of the intersection
>claims there is another car coming and I should've yielded to it in ebonics
>other car is still 300 feet away even after I stopped
>automatic failure because I did a "dangerous maneuver"
>go back to the DMV and park, nigress doesn't do debriefing or say a work, she just walks away
>she gets paid with my tax money
>go to DMV in a fancy part of town next time
>instructor is a really nice guy
>pass a much harder circuit flawlessly

/pol/ was right.

I take my test a week from today in Green Bay. This is really going to suck if I graduate from high school have a truck but can't drive it because I failed my fucking test.

Failed my first one because I didn't exaggerate enough when checking the bike lane.
Failed my second one because the bitch nit picked every little thing I did. Too close to the right side of the right lane my ass.

It was a very uneventful test. I used my mother's automatic minivan and the only thing I messed up was stopping over the crosswalk at a stop sign.

>too close to the right side of the lane

pfft, legally you have the right to use your entire lane, as long as a part of your vehicle didn't go over the line then I don't see how they can really penalize you for that

I was more than within my line. I hadn't even touched the line.
Rumor has it that they automatically fail all first-time testers on purpose.

Of course, this rumor was dispelled when my sister passed on her first try.

>on first try
>wait an hour standing in the crowd at 5:50 AM
>shaking of cold and drinking coffee they were selling there
>my turn, get in the Fiat
>give ID to the man, sign papers
>exam was going okay until the woman in the back seat noticed the high beams were on
>excused saying the last person probably forgot it there
>rest was normal and smooth, reverse parking took one try
>car dies when i park it at the finishing spot (thanks manuel)
>get id and go home
>6 hours later see I passed on their site

Could've bene worse.

Instructer and tester were friends, were chatting the whole test, barely noticed me. 98% pass

>first attempt after faking my hours for my ps
>shake the guys hand not like an autist
>basically have a chat with the bloke the entire time while every now and then he gives instructions
>Last part is an uphill straight with a speed limit of 70km/h
>Accidentally go over it a bit and he noticed.
>Basically should be an instant fail
>Return to the register
>"Nah yeh like u did go over the speed limit but i saw that u controlled it and that's whats important m8"
>"Congratulations, you passed"

I swear to go if u actually fail your red ps you have to be the biggest downer

>second try
>the dude gets in the car
>oh you failed the first time, dont worry I know who the tester was, nobody can pass with her
>since the men are in the majority now I'd say you have really good chances now
>do it flawlessly

>Accidentaly going over the speed limit it an instant fail

Seriously? You'er not allowed a momentary increase of speed for , say like, switching lanes during traffic ?

>take test
>feel like everything is going well
>pull up at the DMV
>"okay so you just barely passed, one more wrong move and you would have failed the test"

>take test in minor city
>go downtown
>meet instructor, an older guy, thank god I didn't get one of the bitchy black ladies
>we shake hands, leave parking garage, head out
>marks me for "running a stop sign" because I didnt do a complete stop
>drive smoothly, he picks a random back street and asks me to parallel park
>need to get 6 inches to pass it, probably 15 inches from curb ;_;
>still no attitude but I can tell from glancing at his notepad that I'm not doing so hot
>drive back towards garage
>waiting at stoplight to turn left
>turn left right as a truck runs stoplight
>instructor freaks out, yells something like "look out!"
>do a super wide left turn to get around the truck's tail as it runs thru intersection
>barely manage to get the wheels lined up inside the yellow line in the far right lane as I turn
>instructor is like half curled up in passenger seat
>says "Whoa, I was for sure we were going up on the curb there!"
>make some nonchalant comment like "yeah, I corrected out of it."
>hes flustered, ask him where my next turn is
>"...uh, ... uh turn here."
>get back up to garage
>he gives me some lecture about how I should've failed on parking alone... here was his almost exact words.
>"Now you know I could fail you on parallel parking alone, and you ran that stop sign, but you're a very good driver for your age and I'll pass you as long as you promise that you'll work on your parking."
>"ok."
>get passed
>over the span of the next 3 months hit 2 separate cars in the school parking lot before I learn how to park
>now a pretty ok driver.
>I regret nothing

>forget to fill in a couple questions on the written
>still pass
>basically just drive around the block for the practical
it was a joke desu, i really didn't know how to drive

Failed parallel parking, still can't do it to this day

i ran a red light and the instructor said it was okay because she should have instructed me to stop. she was on the phone with her son the whole time. i passed.

I took Driver's Ed at Clearwater Highschool, so I was pretty much guaranteed a driver's license.

My friends and I used to purposely run over cones when the teacher couldn't see and do a bunch of other nonsense. It was pretty fun, and I feel bad for people who had to actually suffer through driving tests.

>pass written just using logical thinking alone
>chose some Pedro part of the county
>little town
>the dmv is basically a modular trailer
>have to use my grams car
>that long ass pause between instructor asking where hazards are and I pointing
>drive through small town
>basically a maze of 4 ways and 2 ways
>the strategicly placed cat crossing the road and all.
>forget he said to turn literally half a block from turn and go straight
>not use turnsignals for half the shit
>"you're the first white person I've seen in a couple months, how far out did you drive? I'd pass you even if you screwed it all up to be honest.

I now work in the same town and it still sucks ass to drive through.

Ftr I drive pretty dangerously and have not crashed or been ticketed ever in 40k miles.

>murika

In Victoria it's 120 hours and no Ps until 18 you fucking cunt holy fuck I am still mad whenever I think about it

>taking British driving exam
>government cutbacks mean driving instructors are sleeping rough in asda car parks
>pick up instructor
>ey up user chips en graavy do a drift
>start spinning up front wheels
>handbrake up, trays under rear wheels
>enter roundabout, go round six times sideways
>hit c20let-swapped nova
>stabbed by man in nike hat
>fail for not finishing my chips and gravy on the roundabout

British driving test

Test 1;
Bald guy with really strong fragrance.
Tester takes me around the same area and circles 4 times until I forget to mirror and signal.
Tester takes me on a confusing right turn roundabout, almost go up the motor way.

Test 2;
Lady with black hair.
Tester thinks I drove too fast when approaching cars and parked cars.
Pulled into roundabout and misjudged the car to my right building up speed, they slowed down stopped or served, failed.

Test 3;
Big guy. Huge guy in fact. Looked like one of those big fat guys that are cool.
Wants to do an Emergancy stop.
Too many fucking people get in the way.
Passed test, 6 minors in turning.
Big guy was a cool guy.

Unless your parent is a professional driver, never ever watch them drive because you'll copy their habits.

>get to the dmv, park and play ghost trick while I wait
>second time taking test so still pretty nervous about it
>instructor comes out, old asian dude
>drive out of the parking lot onto a quiet street, he tells me to paralell park at the next available spot
>park fine, turn the car off, pull the hand brake but turn my wheels away from the curb
>dude starts lecturing me on how that's fucked up, spend five minutes there sweating my ass off thinking I failed
>tells me to start up the car, rest of the test he talks about how he was a traffic cop and how everyone drives like a retard
>we get back to the parking lot, think he's gonna hand me a list longer than war and peace of things I messed up
>"You messed up on the paralell park but otherwise good, congrats you passed"
>mfw

> take drivers test, after paying 1500 of my parents euros
> my teachers constantly makes smalltalk with the testdude, to distract him(fucking hilarious)
> almost fail, because I should haven given way, but there was noone at the crossing
>don't even have to parallel park
>pass with flying colours
>almost kill my dad and me on the drive home, because his car is fucking 19 years older than the golf 6

I wouldn't say im a superb driver, but i'm fine as long as there's not too much traffic or cyclists...god i hate cyclists

More retarded things have been said. I can speed in a V8 with a dodge logo but not in an I4 with a spoiler on it, apparently.

>put on a fake ebay hoodscoop
>trigger every single cop in the area but they can't do shit cause the hoodscoop doesn't do shit
:^):^):^):^)

>be instructor
>go to examination place (Regitra)
>call out user
>it's some sperg kid, total autist
>try to shake his hands
>gives me the limp-dick shake
>almost have throw up
>we went outside and entered the car
>damn this kid is sweating
>tell him to try out for a bit
>kid checks every god damn thing on this car
>obviously can't operate a clutch properly
>"everything is being recorded, there will be no purposely bad directions given to you etc."
>ask the sperg about his car, checking oil level and air pressure etc.
>behaves like a girl but ok
>next up was turning around in a closed space and a 60 degree angle parking.
>pretty poor manouvering, but ok I don't want to be a dick
>next up is city driving
>let him drive through the hills
>going downhill
>he's now accelerating, trying to get into 4th while going 25 km/h
>the fuck is this kid doing
>fucks up and shifts into third
>feels like driving with my daughter
>try to think about something nice while this sperg is fighting with the clutch in normal traffic
>kid suddenly floors it and swings to the left without looking
>ok act cool, don't shout at him or he will lose it and crash
>several minutes pass until we make it back to regitra
>I thank god the moment I leave the car.
>just want to get home to my wife, let the sperg pass, don't want him to cry

Why didn't I pay attention in school.

>confusing right turn roundabout
dont blame you