What kind of returns % wise do some of you see day trading...

What kind of returns % wise do some of you see day trading? How much do you day traders use in a particular day trading account? Asking for a friend

Varies a lot.
Some weeks I've lost 10%, or just broken even. Last week I made 6-7% 4 out 5 days.

Asking day traders about their returns is like asking teenage boys how many girls they've slept with: they all exaggerate, they all get defensive when you call them a liar, and, in reality, most have only dreamed of it.

>they all exaggerate
Ok, fine. I never lose more than 5% a week.
Better?

around 2% daily if you know how to play.. it doesnt get like that forever tho, sometimes you will be in the negatives.. thats when you play the waiting game and baghold, or cut your losses

Day trading is not profitable long-term. Day traders are essentially gamblers. If you want to make actual profits, find significantly undervalued companies and buy them or significantly overvalued companies and short them. A lot of times there is also money to be made when day trading NEETs and retards overreact to news. If you think contrarian to knee-jerk reactions to news, you can get yourself in some pretty good positions. Just remember that just because a company's stock price is low doesn't mean that stock is a bargain.

In short, day trading is one of the biggest memes of all time and you shouldn't fall for it. The only people that make money day trading are brokers and people selling you guides.

Agreed!!!! Many good deals & money can be made but know what you are buying & why. Trading in general is gambling like Vegas to me honestly

Advice on how to find "significantly undervalued companies"? There are penny stocks that rise like %2000 in a year, how do you find them?

Wow, the bitterness is strong in this thread.
How much did you lose before you started crying?

No bitterness just truth from real deal trader here. Got mad experience & can guarantee you that anyone who claims day trading is easy & guaranteed $$$ is either trading on insider info (which is fine if ur ok with risk associated) or simply not been trading long enough through enough markets to have their bad run.

>What kind of returns % wise do some of you see day trading?

10-20%

>How much do you day traders use in a particular day trading account?

Usually $5000 blocks, unless it's something that I consider very risky, in which case I'll use $1000 blocks

>Got mad experience
I don't know if I'd call it "mad experience", but I've been in the game about 8 years. I would never call it easy, or guaranteed $$$.
In general, the vast majority of posters here are trying to do it in their spare time, are doomed to failure even before they start, and use this as their rationale for why it is impossible to profit from.
Most of them are, in effect, gambling, and assume anyone who labels themselves a "trader" is doing the same.
That one can gamble using the market doesn't make all traders gamblers.

Respect. I agree with all user. & regardless of my "mad experience" I'm fully ready to lose multiple trades & some cash so wins r great but losses truly define good traders... I'm working on it like everyone else here & always looking for more angles/info

>losses truly define good traders
Oh yeah.
I got my ass handed to me on two different stocks 3 years ago, at $20K apiece. What a great strategy that was.
Still profited that year, but man, was I pissed.

Successful traders make or lose

Real answer from a guy who is there and has a 77% win rate: as long as your losses are just a couple percent and your gains run ten, you'll be pretty wealthy. If your win rate after a week ends up being 50.1% its probably not worth it but its worth doing it for practice if you can afford to risk it.

Today, I made 546 dollars trading BSPM. Which was seeing the consolidation on a hot stock that dropped a buck, watching it raise above the trend line and taking a chance.

You can definitely make 10K a month no problem if you are good. You will have some fucking boring days though. Or huge losses into the thousands then you need to be salty, try not to lose your sanity after losing 5K on a Friday then spending days later thinking about getting it back.

Try to go on Stocktwits and find a stock trading room, while expensive they can really help you stay focused and learn the game.

Almost 2% over a course of 1 and 1/2 months of trading.

But i'm new so I might still lose it all, but I don't gamble on meme pharma companies like the rest of biz, so who knows.

On crying tip though I've had a couple 20k losses as well over last 7 years & they made/still make me want to cry but I chalk up to odds & make $ on year always over time, but fuck a 20k loss makes a lasting impression to say least. Lost once on a gold/platinum spread & recently on a soybean meal/soybean oil spread....

>soybean meal/soybean oil spread
You're trading some esoteric shit, my man.
Mine were just fucking Apple and fucking Keurig.

What app is this?

Newb here.

Found an an elite mentor over a decade ago & been trading commodity spreads/arbitrage every since with few stocks. But with portfolio margin on futures accounts & real trading 6 figure personal accounts, it's very realistic to get sick returns with discipline & solid strategy & bankroll of course

Larry Williams books were great for me in beginning, learning terms, reading cot reports, etc.. More risk but more reward so right up my ally!!

newfag for Veeky Forums here,

What do you guys think of binary options websites like chartoption.com or such ?
As long as you bet small amounts, following short-term tendencies, can't you make some easy money ?

Captcha: "always looking for trouble"

OP here. It is called Robin Hood.
Pic related, I started with $30 and have been turning $10 a week. I have an internship at Morgan Stanley and since I'm seeing such large returns, I was thinking about bringing it up with my mentor. Does anyone think that's stupid? I think I should wait a year and present something like an annual report of my findings.

Just started out (Live anyways) few months ago. Averaging about 1% profit a day and never hold anything overnight. Have 35k in account trading 10k a trade.

Its going as well as I expected only problem is since im a eurocuck the US brokers wont give me a margin account so I cant trade with more than 10k. Really slowing down my progress but im still making enough to be worth it.

>since im a eurocuck the US brokers wont give me a margin account
This is a rule?
That blows.

I dont know if its for every EU country but two different brokers said they weren't legally allowed to set up a margin account due to my country (ireland)

There's no law against you trading, but I'm not positive about rules regarding margin.
It may just be that you don't have a large enough account, this is why many citizens don't even have them. Brokers can restrict access to different functions based on your account value.

Showing to ur mentor is great idea! If he is really out to help/mentor you then he should be able to show you what your looking at in the right context & hopefully show you if your headed down a rabbit hole. Look at open interest & volume to see if ur strategy can scale. 33% weekly return is beyond great. I wouldn't wait a year. Fail fast & learn the faults in ur strategies. $ management & discipline are as important if not more than any strategy too.

I inherited this account from my uncle and have made a small amount of money from it, but I'd like to go full neet and live off of it. What should I do?

I've been making good returns as well, but nowhere near as much as you. What kind of stocks are you buying? How long do you hold?

Also to the daytraders here, how do you find and dissect the financials of a company to find out if they are overvalued or undervalued?

negative 50% , but I've got a good feeling about tomorrow!

>but I'd like to go full neet and live off of it.
>What should I do?
add 995,000 more dollars to the account

SCHWAB nigguh

all time I'm up 10% all time. made a lot of mistakes in the beginning though, and I'm sure i'll make plenty more.

I think 75%+ of day traders lose money in the long run. It's speculation, not investment as far as I'm concerned.

I've had good luck with it, but playing with 100$ is hardly significant. To me its more for the sake of A) fun and B) education and experience for future when I actually decide to invest properly.

I would never recommend speculating more than 10% of your portfolio, ever. You have to remember that you are NOT smarter then professionals who do this for a living. Terrible long term investment. Completely unreliable.

You're really confusing two terms here.
Trading is speculation by definition, investment is an entirely different animal.
This is also why trading won't give you any experience in investing, so you might want to rethink your strategy.
Regarding the percentage of those who succeed at it, it's frequently debated (especially on this board), but what's often ignored is the preparedness of those engaging in it. Participants using insufficient funds or watching the market part time can hardly be compared with those who focus on it solely and use a significant bankroll.

Over the long run something like 90 to 99 percent of daytraders under perform the market depending on which studies you look at.
You actually reduce risk by investing longer term.

You don't have enough money to do anything but buy lottery tickets in the options market and pray you get lucky. Just work and save for retirement.