Opinions on pic related?

Opinions on pic related?

So far I like it for just something to set up and forget about. Have an aggressive portfolio and everything is handled for me.

Anyone else?

Holy shit this really is being shilled here.

They just can't help themselves.
I heard they've got all sorts of hidden fees as well, although I'm sure a developer will be right along to correct me about that.

Not a shill dickhead.

From what I've read there's only a $1 a month fee. Some people say that's steep but I don't understand that logic.

My bad, he corrected you instead.
I'm told the fees come into play once you start profiting (assuming that ever happens).

It's kinda steep considering that your investments are pennies on the dollar. Unless you are making a whole lot of purchases that isn't going to add up that rapidly.

$1 a month, small fee.
I live in AUS and we don't have Robbin hood. Acorns seems send tier to RH. Once Robbin hood Aus is released I will be transferring all funds from my acorns to RH

Have been using acorns in AUS since feb.
Roughly $1.25 per month in fees. Currently up 5.71%.
Balance $1431.91
Profit (w/o fees) $77.40
I'll let you do the maths.
It seems to be profitable for no other avenues at low level investing. Far better than a bank account.
The way I see it, it's a nice savings account.

Stop shilling this shit you made the same post last week. Also it's a terrible investment as the corperate executives and employees who made it earn a percentage of your profits from the investments. You're better off investing on your own now Leave

Which portfolio are you using

I would assume he's using aggressive

>asking about a legitimate trading service
>being called a shill

Do you just not care about making your money work for you?

There's an Acorns thread at least once a week.
The OP image is always the company logo.
There is never actually anything to discuss about it.
Shills always insist that $1/mo isn't a big fee on a platform where you are investing pennies.
There is no advantage to using this over Robinhood unless you are too poor to beat the $12/year fee anyway.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

>small fee
Shill

>I will be transferring all funds from my acorns to RH
Out of the frying pan

Yep, aggressive.

no kidding, and in the last thread the first 4 out of 5 posts were yelp style reviews

fuck out of here you god damn shill, sage

Wow. Please tell me more about Acorns!

I don't quite get the hate on acorns?

I mean I'd rather put money into Robin Hood but it's not available in my country.
Although I haven't been on Veeky Forums in ages, if they same shit keeps getting spammed, then fair enough.

This exact "What does Veeky Forums think of Acorns?" thread gets posted once a week at the minimum and it's clearly being posted by a paid shill.

Hey guys I'm no shill but want some info on acorns, can a NOT SHILL give me some unbiased info/opinions for an ausfag wanting to get into some light investments? Spoonfeed babby!

>I don't quite get the hate on acorns
The hate is for the incredibly obvious shilling. The fact that the service sucks is secondary. And you'd rather put your money in Robinhood because that one time commission to buy an ETF would break you, huh?
Or are you trying to be Mr. Wolf of Wall Street trader?

>once a week
And it always has the official icon, and starts off with "I kind of like it", "I really like it", or "So far I like it", and ends with "everything is handled for me".
Obvious shills are obvious.

I don't really see why you'd pay a commission to buy an ETF if you have the option not to. Especially since you don't just buy into an index fund once.
But that's irrelevant, because Robinhood with all its problems is still clearly a better investing platform than Acorns.

>you don't just buy into an index fund once
Yeah, you should buy in once a year. I'm glad to pay $3 in commission to do that if it ensures I'm dealing with someone reputable. I find more change than that in a year.
If you have a similar financial status to most on this board though, I can see how it might make sense.

I've been using acorns for a few weeks. I also use robinhood, I'm just using acorns because it takes no thinking on my part and they only charge a dollar a month.

dude, it cost $20 a trade in AUS. I think the cheapest i've ever seen is probably $15.
So yeah, if you want to invest pocket change, this app is literally it for this country and if I'm wrong i'd love to hear the alternatives.
Why so angry?

Fair enough if this shit gets posted heaps. I didn't know, haven't been on in a while mostly because of psychopaths like yourself. Chill the fuck out.

He's just mad because he lost money in meme stocks

I became a millionaire with this flawless app. Being homeless, acorns gave me the ability to invest the spare change I had to beg for. I owe acorns my life, it's the best thing to ever happen to me. I now live in Malibu in a multi million dollar house with my ex mrs universe gf. Acorns has enabled a lavish life of riches and luxury for me.

AU vanguard funds charge about .75% p.a. and have a minimum investment of $100.

I checked out Vanguard and there was a minimum start of $5000, unless I looked at it wrong?

100 dollar minimum? Are you retarded?

To open the account. Additional investments at 100. If you have less than 5k to invest you should be more concerned with an emergency fund.

If biz is telling you not to use acorns. Then use it. It's a good app man I've made/saved about $500 in the last 3-4 months using an aggressive portfolio

>I've made/saved about $500 in the last 3-4 months using an aggressive portfolio
What a misleading fucking comment

Is some of that money saved from shilling?

Ok.
Hope your investments go well.

Let me guess: your total balance is about $500, but you consider this a net gain because you ordinarily empty your entire bank account every month like a chimpanzee.

> People actually saving some money every month
> Still getting shit on

It's not a perfect app, but fuck me, you day trader wannabes are ridiculous. Who gives a rusty fuck if someone's using an app to save up their spare change?