/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 12th:
1099 – First Crusade: Battle of Ascalon Crusaders under the command of Godfrey of Bouillon defeat Fatimid forces led by Al-Afdal Shahanshah. This is considered the last engagement of the First Crusade.
1164 – Battle of Harim: Nur ad-Din Zangi defeats the Crusader armies of the County of Tripoli and the Principality of Antioch.
1944 – Nazi German troops end the week-long Wola massacre, during which time at least 40,000 people were killed indiscriminately or in mass executions.

>News
EU4 DD04/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-4th-of-august-2016.961146/

CK2 DD 18: Optimization and Modding
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-18-optimization-and-modding.962057/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4xevny/im_making_a_mod_for_vic2/
youtu.be/XSjWp3klWgQ
ict.griffith.edu.au/wiseman/Burgundy/MiddleKingdoms.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigismund_of_Burgundy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

HPM, are you here?

Absolutely based

Reminder that La Plata is the Righfull capital of Argentina, and the United Provinces

I miss Cobra, at least he never shitposted while he as doing his Legacy of Slovenia persona

t. Reed

how do i learn to mod and remove sub-saharan africa from hoi4 because its existence is dumb

HitlermodFAGGOT should be banned for sodomy.

Fuck youuu!! you shiiitposting FAGGOTS!!! you make MEEeee soSOooooOO mAAdd!!!!!

THAT'S IT I'M LEAVING FOR REDDIT!!!

All "nations" in the American hemisphere are abysmal.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4xevny/im_making_a_mod_for_vic2/
>[deleted]
lel, you got kooked son

He didn't delete it. They have an automated banning system for new contributors because they kept getting raided by us.

>us
You mean 'you'.

Oh, i completely forgot, are these good borders for Burgundy?

Call it something else if they have all this

>The most outspoken proponent of re-creating a German-controlled Burgundian state was Heinrich Himmler, leader of the SS. [...] It was supposed to encompass French Switzerland (Romandy), Picardy with Amiens, the Champagne district with Reims and Troyes, the Franche Comté with Dijon, Chalons, and Nevers, Hainaut and Luxembourg (Belgium). It was also to have a connection to both the Mediterranean Sea as well as the English Channel. The capital and administrative seat was tentatively proposed as either Dijon or Nancy (Nanzig) as its capital.[1] Its official language was to become German, but would initially be also French.

>At Hitler’s request a plan was produced after the fall of France in 1940 that would provide for the outright annexation into Germany of a large strip of Eastern France by reducing it to its late medieval borders with the Holy Roman Empire. This memo, produced by the Reich Interior Ministry forms the basis for the so-called northeast line which separated the 'forbidden zone' of German occupied France from the rest of the areas under military control.[4] It proposed the deportation of its French inhabitants and the settlement of a million German peasants.[5] He considered these areas, as well as Wallonia to be "in reality German" and should therefore be re-integrated.[6]

>In 1942 Hitler did mention that the former area of the Kingdom of Burgundy, which France "had taken from Germany in her weakest moment" would also have to be annexed to Nazi Germany after the incorporation of the forbidden zone, but to which areas he referred by this statement remains unclear.[7]

far to big, it should be half that size, without the northern part

So, yes?
see

I was one of siad raiders, laddo.

>So, yes?
No, read again, bit by bit because your plan has some mistakes

>Chicom in HoI4 is actually pretty fun

youtu.be/XSjWp3klWgQ

Only if there's an option to give the Belgian king the crown of old Burgandy

*puts helmet on backwards, does a 720° and runs away*

>It was also to have a connection to both the Mediterranean Sea as well as the English Channel.

Yeah put Wallonia and French Switzerland with a Bourgogne/Lotharingia buffer state.

I think giving the a connection to the Mediterranean is too much, honestly

Gross Burgundiums should go right the way to Nice, see pic related.

>Connection to both Mediterranean Sea and English channel

Gotta hand it to the Nazis. They had some really shitty, impractical ideas, but you can't say they weren't at least creative.

see It's not supposed to be GrossBurgundiums, it's a buffer state, also, giving Burgundy something that Italy would like to take is pretty retarded

It is simply fascinating how much effort one man has put into this. I applaud you my good sir for all your hard work you've done here over the years.

I'm pretty sure Burgundy translates to English as "a bit much." But really, even if it doesn't reach the Mediterranean, it's retarded to have a Burgundy that doesn't include Dauphine

lad... If you're gonna meme do it right

What's a good memey name for Theocracy Burgundy?

Memeistan

Old Burgundy

Redpill me on R&I, is it really a bot or just an extremely autistic man who feels the need to manually do this every single day?

Reddit

It's almost certainly a bot, unfortunately I didn't cap it but once the r&i message was posted 6 seconds after the thread was made.

There were times when he didn't post though, which I assume because he wasn't awake

I have made, what i believe, is the best solution, i'll just add multiple fucking options to the event and you can choose if you want your Burgundy to reach the medierranean, if you only want it to reach the Enlgish Channel, or if you want it small (wich will also include an independant Wallonia)

RIP Kingdom of Italy.

I assume that's a placeholder name and that the people didn't meathook Mussolini in this mod's timeline too.

There isn't a 90 seconds limit when you create a thread tho

Mate, even under Mussolini the Italian monarchy was still in place and the nation was still officially the Kingdom of Italy.

Is Hitlermod supposed to be an ironic mod that makes fun of actual serious mods such as HPM?

this

Why to the south? The ones that goes to the south is the kingdom of Arles, not the kingdom of Burgundy.

Why is the .mod file deleted when I run HOI4?
I can't play with mods, how do I solve this?
Pls Help

Looks more like a shitposter craving for attention.

No, it's supposed to be a serious mod for my fellow /pol/acks :^)

Ok, i added a GroB to the South and GroB to the North option, so you can choose it if you want, but i really don't know why you would give up land as Germany tbqhwy

I hate flemish and dutch, that's why.

Green all the way m8

Reminder that this hitlercuck is unHPM

No I'm not, I'm Reed

>North and South Italy
>Somehow implying Germany pulled back and won after 1944
>Switzerland independent
The fuck is this shit.

t. rob

So what did the Nazis plan for Andorra?

Map related is all states ever between France and Germany overlayed.

Helpful site: ict.griffith.edu.au/wiseman/Burgundy/MiddleKingdoms.html

What even happened to rob? I see people memeing about him all the time here but AFAIK he left this site years ago

Fünfundsechzigster für Großdeutsches Reich

Dunno, just memeing.

Objectively correct Burgundy.

I was playing around with the borders and these look kinda cute if you pick "GroB to the North", i think.

I need proper names for events though

>Burgundy existing
>correct
Lad, not everything the Nazis cooked up was good

Order of Sigismund, after
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigismund_of_Burgundy

Second one.

If I remember the DEEP LORE correctly, they took moscow in 41, but only managed to get soviets into a peace in 43. Allies invaded southern Italy pretty much right afterwards, as in OTL, but Germans could only send token reinforcements since they had to fight a massive partisan war in occupied territories and maintain a mobilised frontline against the soviets in case of a counterattack, and they sill faced a civil war in Italy, so Hitler basically wrote off southern Italy as strategically unimportant, which is actually also what he did OTL, and only defended at the Gothic line. Then also D-Day failed and also the German jet planes were done earlier so they got an armistice in 1945 before the nukes.

That's actually a pretty decent name, thanks

Burgundy is a total meme "country" with no real history.

>He doesn't want to recreate the majesty that was Valois-Burgundy

1st one

t. frenchie

Whats the paper thin excuse for switzerland? No way in any reality would Hitler let the Swiss exist.

prove me wrong

They didn't even really cook up Burgundy, it was just something some guy mentioned once. The actual German foreign policy with Vichy France as the war went on was slightly more complicated than "GROBGERMANIUMS ;-DDD", since they still wanted a measure of cooperation from the French.

Not so much a meme country as a dead country that made no sense to resurrect. The whole point of it was to give some token sense of legitimacy and justification for its existence (liberating the oppressed Germanic Burgundians). Japan did that with Manchukuo (Manchuria hadn't been an independent country since the 1600s, when the Manchurian Qing conquered the Ming dynasty).

Technically wasn't an independent kingdom (the Holy Roman Emperor ran away before Charles the Bold had the Emperor elevate Burgundy to kingdom status).

>not everything the Nazis cooked up was good
The only problem with Nazi GroßBurgundy is that they wanted to include Champaign.

too far too the west

Yeah sure, but i think five choices would be too much maybe, i'll see later.

Either greatest ally happy mountain bankers who did worked with both sides or he just didn't get around to it yet

>Technically wasn't an independent kingdom
It was a Grand Duchy, which is actually cooler

make iron guard romania have proper borders lad
also show asia

>"Vichy" France
>Clearly has Paris back

Do you really think the nazis would have kept all of France after the war ?

what about this little beauty ;D

Seems good, but to be optimal, you'll need to take a chunk out of Italy, making the Großest Burgundium a risky gamble.

Why does Greece own that sliver of land in Andriople? Why is there gross albaniums? Why did Germany allow the puppet north Italy keep south Tirol? How did Hitler not only push the allies back but turn around and conquer all of the UK by 45? Why did Hitler give up bohemia?

pic related is the ONLY ACCEPTABLE BORDERS for anything called "Burgundy"

GroßBurgundy should include Monaco

Hey HitlerMod, Germant planned in annexing Poland after the war like pic related. I also have a .pdf with all of the Nazi plans after the war (with citations), interested?

Nah, just more France.

make a decison to make the capital Vichy/Marsallie/Paris

Make Spain darker Yellow and rename it Francoist Spain

Slovakia is way too unoticable. Make it orange or something

How does Africa look? I want to help you rate the borders. France should lose a majority of their colonies. Britan should keep them.

Germany should also have North German and South German, Danish, and Czech as Accepted pops.

Can you fix some meme names? I kinda get Kingdom of Italy or "Third" "German" "Reich", but would Fascist Britain would really be called "British Union of Fascists"?

Germany annexes every country after a couple of years, i dont remember it off the top of my head but, i think Poland gets annexed after 10 years, Ostland after 15, Ukraine after 20 or 25, the Caucasus after like 30 and Moscow after 35 or 40, in the meantime, they get genocided slowly.

I do want to look at whatever you have though.