/Domg/

08/09/16(Tue)13:03:23 No.151188285▶ Quad Bless Edition
Previous thread: → →

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate (-75%) and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games
>Do bully the elf

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/ar/t2093.htm
llamaserver.net/admin.cgi?game=MemeFastStaleHard
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Aboleth traps.

You were THIS close to forcing me to stale in all of my games. At least post a link in the old thread, faggot.

>it's an "OP fails at copypasting" thread

→ → →→ → →→ → →

want me to hold your hand, too?

No, just fondle my balls.

my baaad.

>When you realize you made a CRITICAL mistake during pretender design

RIP my everything

that costs extra

>Date/Time in OP
>3 arrows

10/10 OP

blood magic seems kind of underwhelming. what can you do with blood?

Protip: always name your pretender something like "MAPantest12" or really anything to indicate your own lack of confidence in its quality of design.

This doesn't work if you're taking an N9E4 Irminsul.

Fucking everything.

>not naming your pretender Ctrl + ~ + Enter to prevent people from looking up your titles.
I will delete this secret information in 5 minutes. Use it at your own risk.

> (You)
>>not naming your pretender Ctrl + ~ + Enter to prevent people from looking up your titles.
>I will delete this secret information in 5 minutes. Use it at your own risk.

Fool! Delete this or Illuminati will get you!

Blood Magic is all about the rituals. Its combat magic is powerful as well, but often a bit awkward to use and easily countered (any battlefield spell that kills your blood slaves makes blood magic almost useless). But it has great globals that can fuck over your enemies, it has very useful summons, and most blood nations have great national spells as well.

hol up

>Dominions
>Ork

No.

what did he mean by this?

Titan of Heaven a shit.

I seen that indie nigga slay entire armies.

Mere Spring Hawks are nasty because they'll fly up to you turn 1 and do their lightning shot

>I didn't scout
>I didn't put lightning resistance on my thugs
>I got overconfident

Pick any two.

I've cleared that throne before, with 1 indy commander and a lightning rod.
Spring hawks dived in, cock blocked everything else, and my 'army' was so shit the Titan of Heaven refused to spend gems. Then everything went to auto-route and flew away.

So? Who won?

>>I didn't put lightning resistance on my thugs
Really, it's just this one.
Scouting thrones is largely needless.

>/Domg/

Keep my island chill for me my memey friend.
So, if my mysterious friend would like to share his graphs, I shall post mine as well.
Also, RIP Helheim.

Also, Agartha, can we talk about things. Life in general, mind blaster alliance.

I heard it went really well for the last Agartha.

the "thug" had no items at all and ofc the spring hawks and titan are visible just by neighbouring the throne.

He lost even more last turn. Did you see it, or should I go reload the save?

What is the source of Fikon2.al
i.e the best battle theme in dominions?

I already know who did the music for the game, no luck.

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/ar/t2093.htm

Can anyone post a link for leakinglandsv3, for MemeFastStaleHard please?

I searched desura forums but they only have v2....

sorry am noob

Its not about being big and bad all the time, its also about economy and losing little while more damage.

So if the admins could postpone the game till Tuesday that would be great.

I got you, bud. Download it off the admin page.

llamaserver.net/admin.cgi?game=MemeFastStaleHard

>llamaserver.net/admin.cgi?game=MemeFastStaleHard

ty senpai

You are literally better off asking llamabeast for postponing than the der gotter admin. He'll respond faster.

I already said I'd do it last thread.

Ready to negotiate, Atlantis?

I'd give her a pearl necklace if you know what I mean.

jizz in her gills?

My personal negotiation was already stated in the thread earlier.
It's time for them to become LA Atlantis, if ya know what I mean.

Still need him to write it even if it's just more vitriol.

Did he just assume that his Living Pillars were completely invincible or what?

To be 100% fair, they kind of were until this battle showed that there basic troops were easy pickings for Triton Riders.

>All those shark knights

sending in the wrong pretender

How many sneks?

D-did someone actually go awake tetol? absolute madman.

Does Tetol beat snek?

in a straight up fight? depends on who has the dom advantage really.

>it depends

Ideally he'll want to find someone with low dom and dormant pretender, if he can catch them before much expansion he could probably just asshole batman on the cap killing commanders turn by turn till domkill

>tfw ded

I'm fresh of the scrub boat, You can tell the pretender by the stats screen pretender tab right?

I know thats how you ID the bless too, by the descriptions, but I didn't know you could tell the exact chassis of the god.

Anyone know if MA Ulm's Halt Heretic/Bane of Heresy works on Pretenders or Disciples?

What Chimori is doing is already known for everyone I hope, but my scouts have gotten a bit further and while I haven't seen any battles, it looks like Tashna is already stirring up shit. They certainly have the sacreds to do it. Can anyone confirm the diplomatic position Tashna is in right now?

Where is the bat capital

>but I didn't know you could tell the exact chassis of the god.
You can't, but you can make a good guess from the paths and the nation.

Earth magic, no other types of magic, not high dom, on a nation with poor expansion = probably earth snake.

Are you in chat?

Berytos!

Why don't more people post battle screens? We get results of the big battles at least but does anybody else like to see armies fighting? They make for great bumping material if nothing else.

Should I assume direct control of admin privs so we can delay the turns for TNN? And set Niefel AI while at it.
Or just let TNN die to the chainstale?

Who are you? If you're not a faggot like the current admin, then go for it.

I'd also like to know who you are.

But yes, definitely if you can delay for TNN do it. Having players who are still in the game get chainstaled is no good for anyone.

Has the actual admin posted here since the game started?

I don't think so.

I think admin is playing Ulm, as he didn't talk to me at all during our war.

>having an Ulm player as admin

>it looks like Tashna is already stirring up shit

I'm not stirring anything up. I agreed to a non-aggression pact with Ceasidh to fight the bats, which I still intend to do. I never made any sort of agreement with Ninai and he did take some of my land which I wanted back and took back this turn (with a province extra as payment for the trouble he caused me).

Caesidh however has already broken the pact by attacking me in a capring province the turn after we agreed to it. I assumed he'd do as much, because not only is he playing a backstabbing nation, the player is a backstabber by nature.

My current assumption was the admin was Machaka desu. I could be wrong though. I think he posted something involving the Mictlan/Xibalba struggle, which seems to point to that.
As for me, I'm just your friendly neighborhood squid. And while it might be in my personal best interest to let TNN stale out so I can grab Scotland on the back end, I'd rather not let the game go that way.
If Der Gotter Admin responds before llamabeast does, it's all cool at any rate.

Also, if you're implying I started a war with these two, then you're wrong. They attacked me without warning together, clearly conspiring to kill me ASAP. I've been fighting a defensive war this whole time against the two. I've been more than decent to my other neighbors, just ask Khaer for instance.

>I agreed to a non-aggression pact with Ceasidh to fight the bats, which I still intend to do
Do you even border them?

I did see him post at least once, or maybe it was someone pretending to be him, it was a couple of days ago. But yeah it doesn't seem like he browses the thread frequently.

I have flying units, I have a way to get up there where he is.

>Let's trade bats for birds

I have obtained direct control of admin powers, in much the same I way I obtained direct control over these poor deep ones.
Postponement will be done. Niefel will be set AI (or if I can find a madman with a like for lost causes, subbed).

>buying merrow PD

Those are cool looking armies. How did it go?

Ha, you think I bought Merrow PD. I'm just crazy enough to buy the actual Merrows.

>(or if I can find a madman with a like for lost causes, subbed).
There was absolutely nothing to salvage, sadly.
At this point AI recruiting retard armies in all directions is probably as good as player.

Birds are objectively less of a threat and you know it. Also, my birds are a perfect counter to bats.

What map is this? It's beautiful.

Archaea

>Birds are objectively less of a threat and you know it
Only slightly. Your units are -way- more OP than his and you have almost full diversity through national summons, apart from Blood.

If you had Blood access you would be higher on the removal list than bats are. As it is, you're just a close second.

Why is switching from sp only to multi so scary?

Probably because you're a scrub.

But don't worry, most people here are, even those with plenty of mp experience.

playing by emails sounds cumbersome

It is.

Use the PBEM Manager.

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/

>play against a guy with 200 hours on steam
>he doesn't know what communions are
You'll be fine

so i wanna try blood for the first time

im just a scrub whose strongest tactic is beelining for blade wind/magma eruption as ma ulm

that's my only tactic.

what race should i try out for this experiment?
abysia?

when should i get into blood?
right away?
after a few months?
it depends?

I've actually tried that before but gave up on trying to make it work with my emails.

I thought did send my turn but apparent I didn't.

I will be able to send in my turn at the latest in 10 hours.

That's like two weeks of singleplayer. He didn't play enough.

>that arm

She's a 60 year old drug addict, what do you want.

it depends

The premier blood nations with cost-effective hunters, good blood crosspaths and (besides LA Abysia) national blood summons are EA/LA Mictlan, Lanka, EA/LA Xibalba, LA Ulm and LA Abysia.

As for research priorities, you most definitely need to go Const. 4 for Sanguine Dowsing Rod before you start doing the whole blood hunting thing in earnest (due to the opportunity cost involved, you'd rather use as cheap mages as possible so B1s like Mictlan Priests often make the bulk of your blood hunting force, and Sanguine Dousing Rod increases their chance of finding slaves from 50% to 90% - prior to that you should of course use bigger mages because they find slaves more reliably).

Depending on the in-game situation, you likely want to reach some early combat research targets first because blood magic is top-heavy both in terms of combat spells (some early blood spells like Summon Imps and Agony are workable but not great, the actually good blood combat spells like Harm, Rush of Strength and Leech are much deeper) and summons, which will be the target of the bulk of your slave income. For example, Mictlan might want to reach Alt. 5 for stuff like Wooden Warriors first before going deep into blood but that kind of stuff depends entirely on who you are fighting and how urgently you need something that helps you in combat right now.

Ultimately, you should play what you find interesting, but I think EA Mictlan is the best choice if you want a good overview of blood because Jaguar Warriors should be able to get you to a good position where you can really start focusing on blood (while synergizing with bless you likely want to have for your national blood summon, Ozelotl) and because Mictlan has the best native blood crosspath options (including paths required for summoning Arch and Ice Devils).