What would possess someone to buy a Miata instead of one of these?

What would possess someone to buy a Miata instead of one of these?
You can get one for next to nothing these days

reliability, cost of ownership

miatas are junk and those are unreliable shit heaps.
might as well get an s2k

These, and aftermarket

Also Z3s are soft as fuck, better off with a Boxster

Yeah because a S2k is in that price range, you fucking cock monger

the z3 will cost more due to repairs, dingus.

/thread

Way more of a car culture, loads of forum posts for anything you could think of. Loads of aftermarket parts that are made just for your car. Cheap and easy to fix and insure.
Mainly that BMWs are expensive as fuck to own, long term

i can get 4 miats for the price of a z4
why buy one car to fuck around in when you can have 4?

z3 even, they're only >2k
but you can pick up a decent miats for 4-600

fake and gay

I own two of these, a manual 6-cylinder and an auto 4-cylinder. They're very low on maintenance and parts cost because M52 and M44 are commonly found in junkyards.

a few poly bushings here and there

LOL
I got my cars for $3900 and $2500
Now think of what you would have to do to even approach a $15k S2000

>very low on maintenance and parts cost

Compared to what? a Ferrari?

>Now think of what you would have to do to even approach a $15k S2000
save up another 2 grand so you can afford a clean s2k? Probably cheaper if you don't buy one in LA (where i just searched and found a lot of them for ~$17.5k)

I'd only by a z3 if it was a coupe

Compared to say a special snowflake BMW, or any Mercedes, for that matter.

The rear end is E30, the front end is E36. Cheap stuff.

The straight-six engine can be had for the price of a good Miata and you get a limited-slip differential in the deal.

Or you can get a Boxster and put in some poly bushings for a car that's tighter than your virgin butthole

Meant to reply to

you can get two Z3s for the price of one Boxster

and if you buy a Porsche the cost-of-ownership issue is turned on its head

>You can get one for next to nothing these days
WORTH next to nothing, too.

lol these are fucking terrible cars dude are you high?
my friend has one and literally everything is breaking on it.

Disagree, they are undervalued, much like Saabs are

The only weak point I've noticed is the interior. Window regulators and glove box especially

>BMW.

shit reliability. Old BMWs start literally falling apart.

You can buy reliable Z3s for $3000?

And do you really think it's expensive to own and maintain a Porsche? Maybe if you take it to the stealership for every little thing

yeah actually you can

and good luck finding any Porsche that isn't a 924 in the junkyard, lol.

But everyone online says that the boxster isn't a "real" Porsche and that people will make fun of you for buying one.

>all this delusion

The every other owner is a douche and I know this from personal experience factor. Also maintenence.

>buying into elitist bullshit

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

>resorting to anime posting

Come on buddy I own two of these damn things.

>e36 compact base
there you go.

>non-elitist buying a Porsche

That's not how it works

My condolences

FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

Porsche owners are usually pretty chill

pretty much although the rear suspension and diff are E30

Chill but probably elitist. Not annoying like lamborghini owners though. Every lamborghini I've seen has sped and unnecessarily revved.

it is never not time to rev

The only one I know personally is my cousin's husband who is a hot-shot lawyer type (works for his dad's big law firm). He's got a Panamera of some sort, along with several other luxury and sports cars. He's alright to be around most of the time but you can tell from some of the things he says that he has no idea what it's like to not be a multi millionaire.

>Panamera

At least it's one of the turbo models

>Panamera

Honestly, this is probably what happened.

>starts seeing crossovers everywhere
>decides he actually likes how they look for some reason
>thinks to himself "hmm, maybe I'll go by the Porsche dealership later on this week and see what they offer in that configuration"
>gets to Porsche dealership, salesman shows him loaded Panamera Turbo
>he thinks "ooh, only $180k, that sounds like a good price"
>pays cash and drives home in new car

Doubt he paid cash, the more money you have the more credit is viable, and I doubt Porsche dealerships are willing to take cash/certified checks as payment on anything other than a down payment

You're probably right, I'm sure he got some sort of 0% or other extremely low interest financing over a couple of years.

More like he wanted a 911 but his wife wouldn't let him, but they managed to compromise and get a car instead of an SUV

Doubtful, there's some percentage points because Porsche financing doesn't work like GM, but he probably ended up paying off the loan early, or not

Both him and his wife already owned their own SUV's before he bought the Panamera.

z3s are relatively reliable but certainly more to maintain than a miata which you can basically just beat on and throw dollars at occasionally

z3 won't have the same lightweight tossable feeling as a miata, close but not the same. It'll be faster and more comfortable by comparison

the 4 cylinder z3s aren't worth it, gotta go for a 6, and manual 6 cylinder z3s (in decent condition) are certainly more expensive than miatas up front

A few thousand dollars in interest wouldn't really be an issue to him, he's constantly buying random "man toys" for $10k-$25k with cash. I'm sure he paid off the Porsche before recently setting up a NFA trust and buying a couple of full-auto AR 15's for over $20k a piece.

Because fuck BMW

Hahaha what the fuck is this dumb b8

>3900+2000 = 15k

Go back to school lad.

rear subframe issues

jesus christ, i can't believe no one has said anything about this yet. It's a pretty huge issue with z3's and you need to spend a couple grand to fix it.

it also has an archaic rear suspension set up. no idea why they chose to do that but they did.

>I doubt Porsche dealerships are willing to take cash
wat

You think a company like Porsche would turn down 180k on the spot for a run of the mill model?

why the fuck are coupes so rare? I really fucking want a clown shoe

Where are you?
Are you in the US with all these 4-600 miatas?

I'm serious, and I'm bringing a car carrier.

Wasted

Issues with regards to rust, or the suspension system mentioned?

I was debating getting one of these over a miata, are there any other issues?

I'm already expecting it to be a bit of a moneypit.

If you buy a Z3, you'll be barred for Brit/o/n meet m8

Yeah, I just took a quick look on eBay.... Fuck em.

this guy knows it
$4k to $5k for a driveable 2.8L 5-speed, unless you get lucky

the rear suspension is from the E30

and the rear subframe issue doesn't end up affecting every Z3
it's still cheaper to prevent than to cure

My buddies mom has one of these, A/T though.
Shes the first owner and ive been telling my friend for years to let me know if she ever sells.

don't think they sent any to North America sorrta like their wagons

>commonly found in junkyards

where they belong

they're here, not many were bought because new car buyers generally have shit tastes

In countries that have Euro cars, BMWs are cheap to maintain. But I'm guessing you're Murrican and pay premium for everything that isn't Ford or GM.

Is there a big difference between the 2.8 and 3.0 in performance? 2.5 while we are at it those are everywhere and easy to find.

I think 0.5 is where it starts to make a real difference.

Wat? If I want a 6 banger which I do because otherwise a stock Miata is literally faster, I am looking at two to three times the price of a Miata.

z3 has a interessting front. But the back is painfully ugly. I vomit.

>What would possess someone to buy a Miata instead of one of these?

For starters, the Miata is just plain a better car,

Z3s below 10k are garbage. Mostly 4cyl tuning fests. My 2.8 is in top condition and a lot of fun.