Anyone else have an asshole for a driving instructor?

Anyone else have an asshole for a driving instructor?

Mine is a real piece of shit but I don't know if it's just him or if it's endemic and normalized throughout the profession.

>cusses out loud to himself every time I make a mistake (i.e. saying 'shitttt' and facepalming), >berates me loudly
>tells me that I drive terrible for a 21 year old and how some 17 year old driver pulled off some maneouver perfectly earlier.
>Stares at me in intense silence when I make a few mistakes in a row.

This isn't normal is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wqQHWqBgqck
fox4kc.com/2016/03/31/jury-recommends-death-penalty-for-kyle-flack-who-murdered-three-adults-and-a-baby/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No my driving instructor was cool and wasn't a dick at all, but then again I didn't drive like a moron.

My driving instructor was actually really awesome, only drove with him a couple times before my driving test, though. He's probably just trying to motivate you to not be shit.

Yeah, don't drive like shit and maybe he won't react like you're shit

It was my first lesson. I'm considering switching instructors and getting my money back but i didn't know if this was normal hence why i posted on here.

You sound like you're a shit driver but also an entitled millennial who way overestimates your ability. Remember this guy does this all the time. If you're bad enough to make him show it, you're really really bad.

Yeah you're bad OP, I drove perfect with mine every session and he told me I drive better than 99% of the retards on the road

maybe he was having a bad day and your shitty driving just made things exponentially worse. Give him another chance OP, just don't drive like a jackass during your next lesson and he might be cool.

>people making fun of OP for being bad at driving

Are you people fucking idiots or just pretending to be retarded? there's a reason he's at an instructor, how the fuck would he get better? Stop acting like such assholes

Apparently mine was notorious for being a dick, but he was cool with me because i wasn't making beginner mistakes.

I drove for two years unlicensed before I finally took my test.

Mine was pretty cool

Had the typical story about how his daughter died in a car accident

my first insturctor was this old indian dude, we would drive through neighborhoods and he would show me houses were his previous students lived

3 options

1. Say fuck it I want my money back.
2. Go back, drive and let him be a dick.
3. Go back, drive and call him out on being a dick.

You are paying him money to help you. Tell him to stop being an asshat and tell him to tell you what you did wrong and how to improve it.

>honestly, he probably almost died three times from other students that day and was on edge. Go back and try again. If he is an ass again, I suggest option 3.

Thanks man. I just didn't know if it was normal or not. I'd go for option 3 next time but his constant negativity and shit is putting on edge and making my driving worse. If 3 doesn't work im getting my money back immediately after the lesson and going to another company.

No, my instructor was a nice guy, always broke everything down to basic concepts and drew diagrams to make sure I understood everything clearly. He also taught me to drive fast around corners and proper braking technique, so that was neat.

I bet you never get frustrated when fast food workers fuck up your order. I mean, why would you, they're just there to learn how to do basic tasks than any human with a pulse should be able to do.

why don't you just stop being shit

>needing a driving instructor
>ever

Nah mine was disgusting always smelled like day old atomic wings from wing stop

First day we go driving he's eating wings in the car, sucks his filthy fingers as if they're Satan's left testicle, fucker asks to see my permit. i hand him my permit since they have to check it for the date, got greasy wing sauce and his spit all fucking over my permit, even the dmv proctor didn't want to take it out of the baggy to check it

That guy was pretty cool the person taking the test in front of me wasn't passing the inspection and they were debating it, so he tell me back up here it'll count as your reversing and parallel parking section, mfw >i got this.jgp
Don't fuck up at all a few blocks later he tell me to pull to the side to test for reversing, i start to pull to the side, and just as I'm about to gently scrap the curb he said wait i already got that

Fyi scraping the curb is an automatic failure, fuck i drove the car 2 times before the test for like 40 minutes can judge how wide it is

are you insane? what kind of analogy is this?

>mfw I don't get mad when fast food workers fuck up my order for this exact reason

You're the customer. You're paying this guy to teach you.

Grow some testicles and call him out for being a faggot. If he escalates go to his manager and demand your refund.

Had to take courses cause my grama didn't have a car and you get lower insurance rates

My driving instructor was a quiet old dude, only problem he had with my driving was that I didn't go hand over hand when I turned and asked if I went to a driving school or learned from family

The guy sounds like a dick but consider his side.
Driving instructor is one of those everyday jobs where you are by definition putting your own life in the hands of novices. That said, he's not really helping himself stay alive, it sounds like.

Unrelated, stupid question: the honda civic just killed on a busy street, started right back up. It's been about four years since a new battery was put in it (when I took possession of it), and it's clocked about 50 k miles in the interim. No battery life indicator on the one that's in it - time for a new battery, yes?

Context is missing.

Are you shit at driving? is the perfect maneouver that a 17 yo made perfectly earlier just trying to get the car movong on a manual? are those mistakes crossing a street on red light?
it could be that he is just a dick or that you are a fucking retard.

>driving down a road
>instructor reaches over to steer the car over some road kill

nope, he was pretty cool

why is that image mirrored?

Mine was awesome, funny and inspirational. If your instructor is an asshole call the agency and ask for a different instructor. PS I was 23 when I took lessons, it's not your age

that's how you learn to drive, you limp wristed faggot

> taking off from a stop
> engine bogs as I started to let out the clutch too early
> give it some gas to make up for it
> car revs to the moon and goes nowhere as I pump the clutch up and down

> turns out he thought I was going to stall and pressed his clutch pedal for me

21 and driving like shit fuck I was driving like shit at 14 but at least I was driving. Also get your head out of your ass he know what he's talking about just take the bus from now on faggot we don't need people like you on the road it's already too dangerous.

Anyone here that needed a driving lesson, aside from government mandated stuff, doesn't belong here.

Sounds like your cars starting battery is on its last legs. Time to change it out there a simple fix.

Pretty much this. If you've had to take driving lessons you don't belong here. It doesn't mean you don't belong here it just means your not supposed to be here.

when i was in fahrschule, i had an instructor named thomas... slams the breaks from the passenger side one day and jerks the wheel from me and we parked in between the b286 and the offramp for some road in schweinfurt. chews me out just yelling at me almost making me cry lol. i was being an american that wasn't taking shit seriously and he finally got it through my head that in order to get my drivers license that i'd have to be a literal autist and follow every rule and law, obey every sign, road markings etc... otherwise i would never get a license.

guy was based af, drove like an asshole and i'm like wtf you just told me a few weeks ago that i have to follow every rule of the road. he's like well i'm the one with a license and just got all smug

Driving instructors are hit or miss. My first driving instructor was my high school science teacher, chill af.
Later I had a short refresher course and the instructor was from Iran with a thick accent. He had funny stories but to put it simply, it was like driving with "SAMIR YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME." And my tester was an older stern lady nicknamed Fail Gale. The ONLY tester for my area. I failed the first test.
Most of my friends and other people I know went and drove multiple towns away to take it with another instructor but I didn't pussy out.
I think I went a good 6 months before taking the test again and I didn't drive all that time. But I was respectful, confident, made the cranky lady laugh a few times, and did all portions of the test as carefully and smoothly as possible. Passed it flawlessly.

TL;DR: Suck it up/give him another chance. IMO it'll make you a better driver and give you some incentive to actually improve your driving so you can avoid those comments.

>needing a driving instructor

Why do you have an instructor? Is it required or something?

Just fucking drive around your neighborhood and then work your way up.

Anybody that can't pick up driving within a week or two is a mouthbreather.

our driving instructor used to just roast everyone

>drive the whole thing perfectly
>make 1 mistake
>he flips out
>starts yelling as i pull away to end the lesson
>cool again after 5 mins

the first lessons were hell though kek

This board is 18+. Come back in 2 years.

If a driving instructor doesn't have the didactic capabilities and patience to teach even morons the relatively simple task of driving they are quite simply unfit to do their job and should consider changing professions.

In Ontario, Canada, we get huge insurance discounts for having an instructor. We also get to go from the first license to the second (of three) 4 months earlier.

Mine was a shitty instructor.
>"The car is in the centre of the lane when the right side is six inches from the curb"
But she was always polite and didn't yell at me. If I were you, I'd complain to whatever company your instructor works for

At my cousins in VT where I used to go to elementary school. The driving instructor for the high school has some hilarious stories.

>been instructor since the 70s, old as fuck
>alcoholic
>has 2 duis
>after second one wasn't allowed in cars with kids for a year
>constantly teaching kids factually wrong curriculum
>thinks anyone with a manual is a hooligan

Mine wasn't too bad.

I think she would get frustrated with me sometimes if it was obvious that I wasn't paying attention. Never shouted at me though. Quite a few people in my area have gone with her because she's one of the cheapest and people really like her.

I started driving with my dad and got it down in under a week.

I'm in the UK and you have a load of niggly crap that the examiner looks for during the test like the order of looking at mirrors and the manoeuvrers you have to do.

My instructor said that she isn't there to teach me to drive, she's there to teach me to pass the test.

The one guy I know who didn't use an instructor because his dad was, in his words "teaching him practical stuff like handbrake turns", failed his written test 3 times and failed his driving test like 5 times or something stupid like that

And yet Ontario drivers are fucking horrible, especially that shithole London

Ya, I remember seeing a thread on here complaining about drivers in Florida. Then I went to Florida and it seemed moderately better than Ontario. I'm in Ottawa, and we get a lot of french people from across the quebec border that can't drive for shit

Im in ottawa too!!!!

women and chinks really shit up the roads around London. Every single fucking accident has at least one women involved yet they get insurance half price just because they have a hole between their legs

Mine had me run errands for him. He once made me drive to his house so he could have lunch while I sat in the driveway for 30 minutes

You also get huge discounts if your a women and over 25. I don't think there is anything you can do if your a white male under 25 in Ontario. Most people I know either waited until they were over 25 or hitch hiked on their parents insurance just to be able to drive.

>First instructor

Was a complete fucking asshole, quit after 3 lessons

>Second instructor

Best fucking driving instructor ever. Was calm and cool and I felt comfortable with him. You can't be expect to drive correctly if you're always worried about being yelled at.

Passed the driving test first go with flying colors.

We sometimes had to go out at like 8PM when it was dark out.

He would text on his flip phone with the screen brightness all the way up, facing me. Pretty sure I was driving blind the whole time.

He would also make me stop at fast food places for "washroom breaks" and come out with an armful of food.

what the fuck is a driving instructor? is this a joke? am i getting meme'd right now?

i took my permit test and then took a 15 minute driving test a few months later. are people actually that fucking retarded they need to take a class to learn how to drive?

willing to bet you drive like shit just like everybody else in the shithole country you live in.

america? where you from, fagland

in aus we just stay on L plates and everyone I know just had their parents teach them to drive. Then P plates where nobody needs to be in the car wirh you. The dude that did my test to get onto P plates was a dick though, nothing to do with my driving he was like 30 mins late for my test and i went to the toilet when I came back he was waiting for me and said he should fail me for not being there on time the filthy fuckin mong cunt

buyt what counttry r you from in america

At least in California, by law if you're under 18 you have to take a certain number of hours of driving lessons before you can take the test to get your permit. Over 18 and you can just walk into the DMV and take the test.

im from america, and everyone here drives like shit precisely for the reason you stated. any fucking moron can get a license with zero training and experience.

Bro youre paying him to learn and you cant learn if someone is berating you and shit talking you. Get your money back

Used to be 17.5, huh

Just dont do it anymore if you go again they can pull serious fucks on you for waiting so long and you might leave with out getting your money back. Find a different instructor and become a pro. Or hit me up in Washington and ill teach u to drive for gas money lol

it helps to teach how much of a fuck up he is and not to make the same mistake again

Are you fucking retarded?
You dont teach someone by saying they drive terribly and facepalming. Thats stuff that bitches do, the teacher needs to man up.

>ooohh but he thought his life was in danger he puts his life on the line

And the shitiest possible solution to that is to put the dude/chick whos driving on edge by being rude to them

You deserve it for being so retarded you can't teach yourself to drive.

Mine was kind of an asshole but he was pretty good. I'm a bit of a pussy in general but I quickly became a confident driver.

no, what a bitch would do is post on Veeky Forums about how his driving instructor is mean to him and then quit to go find one thats nice to him instead. if op had any sack he would man up and learn how to fucking drive to show that asshole instructor that he was wrong.

just comes down to how you react to adversity on a fundamental level. do you use it as motivation to get better or do you just quit? how you handle situations like this at a young age ends up defining you as a person for the rest of your life. most people would quit in this situation. most people are failures and will never see success at anything meaningful in their life.

just some food for thought.

Mine was a bit of a dick but he was a good instructor. I don't mind people harshly criticizing me because it motivates me.

Anyone here tried it? I'm lost career wise right now and it was an idea I had swimming around in my head. Can't be too hard right? I don't really have a clue what the hours/pay is like though.

I just remembered my first instructor who I only had two lessons with turned out to have disappeared because he had a thing for groping his students. I got lucky, I guess I wasn't his type.

he liked groping his students but he never groped you? how does that make you feel

youtu.be/wqQHWqBgqck

Mine is pretty chill. He often makes fun of other shit drivers, to take the edge off. He also isn't berating when I make mistakes. He asks me if I know what I did wrong and then explains them fully and tells me I can do better, even though I drive like a retard most times. A cool guy, I might say.

My driving instructor were never mean. The only odd one I ever had looked exactly like Guy Fieri.

native american, user. they're called native american.

>most people would quit
>thinks the instructor is instructing correctly

It's an INSTRUCTOR. His purpose is to INSTRUCT. If OP is truly doing something wrong, the INSTRUCTOR should INSTRUCT him on how to do it right, not berate him for doing it wrong.

Some people don't have a driving background, have parents who drive shitty, live in shitty driving areas, etc. It's not their fault that they're no good before they are INSTRUCTED on the very complicated task of driving.

Having said that, my instructor was great. If you didn't get something after the 8th time, he got frustrated, made us do something else then come back to it. He also had pretty bad road rage, actually using his passenger side gas pedal (yes he had a gas and brake) to cut people off here and there. But to the students, he was very mature.

OP, I'd suggest giving him another shot, but if you tell him "this isn't helping", indicate to him that negative reinforcement doesn't go well with you, and he doesn't change, then switch or get your money back.

That's unacceptable continued behavior from a professional. Any professional. Period.

Dont listen to the assgoblins who are simply saying man up. They take the bus and never talk to the driver anyways.

youre obviously one of the quitters. good luck with that.

It's common sense dickweed.

If you sat down at a computer, and some teenydick with a superiority complex told you to make a program written in something you've never actually used, then all they said was "for fuck sakes" whenever you don't know the syntax or mis-typed something, giving no indication as to what you just did wrong, would you sit there thinking "man, I should really nut up. This guy is awesome."

No, you wouldn't. And don't pretend there's some rationale where you would.

Also it's generally unprofessional behavior. That's not acceptable in the workplace, which is exactly what this is.

that actually happens to me relatively often, and was exactly how i learned how to code and continue to learn new languages and technologies. im a software engineer and entirely self taught. every time i find myself in a situation in which i am not knowledgeable enough, i take it upon myself to learn what i need to learn. i dont need people to hold my hand while giving me words of encouragement along the way.

thats just me though.

>>cusses out loud to himself every time I make a mistake (i.e. saying 'shitttt' and facepalming), >berates me loudly
don't drive like a fucking woman then.

If you're that bad, he needs to get to work and start TEACHING you to drive

my instructor decided that he would buy some shitty sports car for his instructor car. tab break right? lelelel. had a goddamn button clutch. do you know how fucked it is to learn clutch control for the first time with a clutch that will stall before it slips?

I'm glad it's working for you!

Just out of curiosity, how much did you have to pay to go learn stuff on your own? Because OP's paying hundreds.

>its legal to drive without a license on the road just to teach yourself
nice comparison. only you dont die if your script fails to compile. which is why we have these laws that you must receive instruction.

> You can't learn if someone is berating you and shit talking you

Yes, Drill Sergeant.

Most people get what's called a "learner's permit" and have their mom's husband teach them how to drive. I guess your mom's husband didn't care about you?

10 years ago I failed my permit test because I live in a southern area, and every single last question on the test was related to trucks, hauling stuff, how much and what you can haul, etc. Not in this industry at all and did not study that stuff and failed. Passed the license test the first time, only mistake I made was turning left too early in a very short left turn lane which was shared with oncoming left. Talking 3 car space here. Never had an instructor. Only took basic high school driving courses which did not involve actual driving, most of the class content was accident avoidance and not speeding in construction areas.

I took drivers ed the day I turned 15. In the United States they are not there to teach you how to drive, just guide you through the process of becoming legal. You are already supposed to be practicing at home with your parents and go to the courses to become legal, they aren't supposed to actually teach you how to drive.

>On top of it they allow kids to drive at 16

I would kill myself would I live in burgerland

>Get instructor
>Nice guy but 3 lessons later I've learned jack shit
>Get a new guy
>Says I'm going to hate him by the time it's over
>By the time it's over I had everything down and didn't hate him, he was strict but not unfair or an asshole

I feel bad for him, the guy is a great teacher and actually reasonable but he probably has spoiled 16 year old girls making his life hell all day.

All four(five?) of my instructors were really nice and professional, thank god

Holy fuck do I have a story for this thread

>in high school over a decade ago
>driving instructor pulls up to my parents house in old Camry with 311 stickers on the back and kottonmouth kings blasting
>he's barely two years older than me
>he immediately starts talking about not being able to find weed for some reggae concert he's going to that night
>pull one hitter and quarter bag out of my backpack
>his face when

>he drives to his girlfriend's place and we get super baked and play Nintendogs and RE:4 for hours
>his girlfriend's roommate comes over and we mess around in the pool, end up sucking her tits while fingering her under the diving board

>continue doing this everyday after school for two weeks
>dude (Kyle) doesn't even let me drive the first week
>eventually starts attempting to teach me shit during short drive to and from his house but we're always baked

>driving exam
>fail miserably, hit cones in parallel park demonstration, don't signal ever, don't complete stop at signs or lights
>drive one handed never checking mirrors
>violent wheel chirping accelerations and braking

>instructor calls dad to tell him how awful I did
>he gets pissed and calls company that Kyle works for
>Kyle gets negative assessment but continues working there for a couple years
>I get old lady replacement who actually teaches me shit
>I pass test on 4th try

>continue hanging out with Kyle until I finish highschool and end up getting his girlfriend's roommate pregnant but she gets an abortion

>fall out of touch when I move across country for college and career

>Three years ago Kyle uses a shotgun to execute the girlfriend whos house we'd hung out at and also executes her young daughter and two other people

fox4kc.com/2016/03/31/jury-recommends-death-penalty-for-kyle-flack-who-murdered-three-adults-and-a-baby/

>mfw

mine was

>was in an unfamiliar area because everything around mine was filled up
>got mad and made me pull over and let someone else drive when I missed a turn due to not knowing the area
>got made and gave me a bad grade because the cunt would always ask me about what direction (east/west/north/south) we were going
>would always try to turn on compass thing on dashboard and she would yell at me for not having both hands on the wheel

this shouldnt even be debatable. get ur money back now. U dont deserve this

u have stockholm syndrome

You're the one that cheaped out so you throw a disgusting cheeseburger down your hole, and you get mad when the slave that made it fucks it up? You're the loser in this situation

Nobody deserves anything. People die every day. Children die. They get childhood cancer, they are forced to become child soldiers, they get raped and murdered for no reason. 8 year old girls are kidnapped, shot up with heroin and forced into sexual slavery. And you think you 'deserve' to have a driving instructor that isn't a big meany face to you so you don't get your feely weelys hurt? Go get your clit chopped off and your labia sewn shut and tell me what people 'deserve'.

Fucking shitty millenials clogging up this board.

You're probably a millennial as well