What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Seriously, did he just invade everybody just for the hell of it? How is he anything but the bad guy? Why does anyone celebrate this person?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arete_(moral_virtue)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What the fuck was his problem?

He had different values to your bitch ass

>Seriously, did he just invade everybody just for the hell of it?

Pretext: Invaded persia as revenge for the Greeks

True Reason: Glory

>How is he anything but the bad guy?

Because he's ~GREAT~

>Why does anyone celebrate this person?

Because he's ~GREAT~

too much sex drive. common affliction amongst hommasectuals. makes us over-achieve, if not a little rash.

"I wanna be the very best like no one ever was"
- Alex "catch all the semen" of Macedon

There's very little evidence he was gay

there's one quote alleged to Diogenes the Cynic who probably didn't exist

Is there anything greater than asserting your will and displaying your glory to both men and the Gods?

this

Alexander is like a legend

the sort of guy you'd expect to be mere myth

but the actual mad man did it

Arete my nigga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arete_(moral_virtue)

I mean, I'm sure he wasn't strictly homosexual but considering the male-love brotherhood that existed in Greece, It's silly to say he didn't sleep with men sometimes.

He was a rich pretty boy who inherited a massive army and an entourage of some of the greatest military commanders and advisors and he spent shitloads of his kingdoms wealth to get the ancient equivalent of the paparazzi to follow him around and write about how awesome he is and then he slaughtered countless villages. He also had a massive fucking ego and had to name every second city he founded after himself. Dude was a fucking cunt but he was also one of the sickest cunts of the ancient world and every general worth half a sack of shit has tried to emulate to asshole.

he most likely had boytoys

but there's nothing solid pointing to him having men in his bed

> considering the male-love brotherhood that existed in Greece

It was man-boy though, which is still gay, but not the gay we immediately think of

So the people who celebrate him are just cucks?

He might have, I'd even say it's likely he had some pederastic relations at some point, but there's this trend of making out every grey-area sexual act committed by a historically significant person to be proof of 100% homosex. Of course the reality is our conceptions of sexual orientation haven't always been as binary.

I think memes have poisoned your brain

The Greeks were well-known for their homosexuality, as well as their pederasty. You'd be deluded if you think they simply had a cut-off age when they just said "Welp, I guess we can't fuck anymore!", and it was well-attested that older men would either continue having relations with their former 'boys' even when these had become men themselves, or older men would begin relations with other men.

After all, even if they were frowned upon, what of it? People still transgress against norms and mores all the time.

>he spent shitloads of his kingdoms wealth to get the ancient equivalent of the paparazzi to follow him around
Based Diogenes putting that fag in his place

This is true. The didn't have the same concept of sexual orientation like we do to day. They were just isolated acts. The only difference is people of the same sex wouldn't even consider marriage because legitimate babies and family lineage and shit.

post proof m8

>You'd be deluded if you think they simply had a cut-off age

Have you seen femboys and twinks when they get older?

Caesar admired him:

It is said that another time, when free from
business in Spain, after reading some part of the history of Alexander,
he sat a great while very thoughtful, and at last burst out into tears.
His friends were surprised, and asked him the reason of it. "Do you
think," said he, "I have not just cause to weep, when I consider that
Alexander at my age had conquered so many nations, and I have all
this time done nothing that is memorable."

>Diogenes the Cynic who probably didn't exist
Oh come on now. While a lot of the anecdotes surrounding him are very likely to be fake, doubting his existence is going very very far.
Why are you saying this?

Caesar was also a cunt. He was a populist party boy that engaged in degenerate acts and he was a rambunctious asshole that got lucky at every single battle, like seriously, how big of an ego do you have that every fucking battle you take part in you're outnumbered all the time. He was also delusional as all shit and seriously thought the senate didn't want to kill him, dude actually planned a campaign when he was like 50. Don't even get me started on his antics in Rome and all his shitty backstabbing and scheming. Caesar and Alexander had very similar personalities

All things considered, was pedophilic behavior limited to males. Did women (secretly) have boy toys too or...girl toys? I heard at some point in Rome it was ok for maidens at least to have sex with other girls because they weren't really doing anything,( i.e. losing virginity via penetration) while it helped them feed their curiosity about sex. I can`t remember the exact source. It might have been an opinion piece by an Roman writer.

>Caesar was also a cunt

Yeah a sickcunt

>He was a populist party boy that engaged in degenerate acts and he was a rambunctious asshole that got lucky at every single battle, like seriously, how big of an ego do you have that every fucking battle you take part in you're outnumbered all the time. He was also delusional as all shit and seriously thought the senate didn't want to kill him, dude actually planned a campaign when he was like 50. Don't even get me started on his antics in Rome and all his shitty backstabbing and scheming.

Who cares, guy could have killed a dog and it wouldn't have harmed his glory

>engaged in degenerate acts
Caesar wasn't called the Queen of Bithynia for no reason

>Did women (secretly) have boy toys too or...girl toys?

I doubt it, or at least I don't recall much pointing towards it. Women stayed indoors most of the time and only left for specific purposes. They may have had a cheeky fling with slaves here and there but who knows.

Yeah he was fucking sick but he was still an asshole

Dude fucking had a triumph for his battles against fellow romans and that ruined his reputation like you couldn't believe.

you can't take shit like that too seriously

it's like David Cameron allegedly sticking his dick in a bull's head

Alexander's soldiers really loved him, he was supposedly so popular they fought for years without pay out of loyalty to him.

This, a real man doesn't have to justify himself with any values but his own.

>Diogenes the Cynic who probably didn't exist
P-Plato, is that you?

Doesn't mean he wasn't a fucking dick head. He's just a dickhead who commanded loyalty

I was being a bit cheeky with the hyperbole.

A Diogenes probably existed, but there's all kinds of shit attached to the character that probably didn't happen.

IIRC (may be wrong) most sources on him aren't till a few centuries after.

He lived in a culture that promoted military victory as the path to fame and glory. He has the abilities and the opportunities, and he took the chance, and it worked, we still know his name and talk about him. He's one of the tiny amount of figures from Antiquity the general public even knows of. That's glory enough.

I wonder how old Julie would feel that people still remember that insult 2,060 years after his death. It's part of his legacy lmao

Yeah. Caeser once offered his protection to Cicero. At the time, Cicero was Consul, and Caeser was a Quaestor.

just think about poor Caligula

everyone thinks he was a complete loony

Nero got the worst hackjob. In the minds of most he was a boy-fucking sociopath. The former is true but the latter is debatable!

Dude was a loon but he was functional

well he was probably a sociopath

but he wasn't an aBsOlUtE MaDmAn

He was not much different than any other king of his time. He's celebrated for ensuring the survival of the hellenic world and conquering fucking huge empire in 11 years

>Macedonians
>Hellenic

Yes, they spoke Greek

>implying Macedonians aren't just dirty Greeks

>yfw even Caesar went through the "X person at my same age did way more shit than me and I feel like pathetic" phase.

Narcissistic and in a position to assert it. Beating the Persians was one thing but Alex really wanted to create "One World", a very self-conscience propaganda Hellenization of all he conquered.

This Hellenization lead to the spread of Ancient Classical Greek learning which after Rome taking over basically molding the world for a thousand years to come.

You don't have to like the guy but it's pretty disingenuous not to be in awe of his accomplishments.

C O N Q U E R

I don't think a nunnery would allow that outfit.

How does having an interest in Alexander imply my wife fucks other men while I watch

Pay on a campaign is food and supplies to keep you alive, and battlefield loot.

There were a lot of victorious battles, and thus a lot of pay. Particularly when you're conquering the current big deal empire.