I bought the meme and regret it. I stalled and grinded all the way home. Instead of feeling based...

I bought the meme and regret it. I stalled and grinded all the way home. Instead of feeling based, I feel like a poorfag that has to do work in order to drive. When will this sick feeling in my stomach fade away? I'm thinking of taking the bus to school until I can sell it. Why did I have to feel so insecure? What did you guys do to me?

See you were never born to be in control, you thought you needed the red pill when really your body is only capable of having the blue pill, you were only ever made to drive a fridge on wheels, not something more exciting

user
git gud
use that sick feeling as motivation to learn how to correctly drive

You have to practice. Give it at least a month to get used to it.

Lrn2skid you softcunt

Definitely stick to the bus user save the sick skids for junior year

should have found the nearest empty parking lot and practices starting in first gear for about an hour to get used to the transmission and its bite point

going straight home and expecting to do well is a fool's errand and a meme

ideal way to do it is;
>buy in the morning on a saturday/sunday
>go to the nearest parking lot, maybe have the buyer drive you there
>practice for at least an hour doing nothing but starting in first gear. put on some music or whatever, just hone your ability to get going from a stop
>go find a hill in some neighborhood with little to no traffic, practice starting from a stop on an incline for another hour
>THEN drive home
>for the next month, just get better from simply driving around

after a month it'll be second nature and you'll wonder how it was ever hard

That's how everyone feels when they begin. Just fuck that shit up until you have to replace the clutch and you're golden.

>tfw got tricked into a base civic instead of a based miata RWD awesome sports car
>shame its vert

ill never learn manual

Spend two hours straight practicing in an empty parking and going from stop to 1st to second.

Use your heel as the pivot for your clutch pedal, don't use your knee as it doesn't give you enough control.

It's easy as fuck if you remember that and practice getting the car rolling a dozen times.

dat meme inflation

>Just fuck that shit up until you have to replace the clutch
driving so bad you brake your car

You need practice.

Wasn't it intimidating the first time you drove a car, or a dirtbike, or anything?

When I first got on my sportbike I was absolutely terrified and thinking "o god what did I just buy I'll never handle this". Kept getting on it terrified for like 2 weeks and suddenly it's like riding a BMX or something.

>bike
good luck not dying

Everyone starts somewheres, I learned through vidyagames which helped a lot when I first actually started driving stick when I was like 12

oh, I've permanently broken fingers and crashed the bike 5 years ago, I did ride for 3 years but FUCK roads that are unmaintained everywhere

the civic was more expensive than the miata

Holy shit America...

Is it really this hard for you cunts to learn to drive a manual gearbox?

I learnt to drive one when I was 12

there's no meme inflation on the Cavalier

We wouldn't die if cagers like you would use your fucking mirrors.

I can do everything but first fine. Getting going is fucking killing me.

Show I get to where the resistance in the clutch is, give it gas, then slowly let off the clutch and giving more gas as if you would just normally accelerating or what?

I always fucking buck first but after that I'm golden.

yes, give it gas … not a lot

Play some eurobeat and you will learn how to drive a manual instantly.

how to choose light clutch vs heavy clutch?

are performance clutch usually heavy and OEM usually lighter?

Put it in first, clutch in. Slowly ease the clutch out, no throttle, until you feel a little shudder in the car, rpm will dip. This is where the clutch is engaging the flywheel.

Ease it out gently and youll be rolling in first.

Do this a few times, and then try it easing onto the throttle as you reach the clutch's take up point.

You can now drive stick, congratulations.

No, you wouldn't die if you weren't being a fucking moron, filtering through traffic at 100 KMH and passing cars too close is just suicidal, why would you put yourself in unnecessary danger just so you can get to your desk job a few minutes faster, there's no excuse for being that retarded.

>HURR DURR CAGERS ARE THE REASON WHY EVERYTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS AGRGAGRAGRHRGHRAG DURR CAGERS

I fell for the meme.

It's a fun meme, even if I am bad at stick.

It's more about the the feeling as you push it in, OEM clutches are mushier and usually less responsive and if you go too hard on them they will explode but at the same time can be stiff as a fucking brick, an aftermarket one will feel more responsive and you can go harder on it but can be light as fuck. It all depends on what you want man.

i want something easy on the knees

Cagers are the reason rider die. Fucking cagers change langes instantly without looking or signalling, pull out in front of riders without looking, spend more time looking at their phone than driving. Most accidents involving a car and bike are caused by the car driver being a retard.

Then look at online reviews mate, you won't be able to find a clutch unless you search around and I can't really help you since I have no clue what you drive.

thanks, i will do more research

>ameriburgers literally are allowed to """""""""""""drive""""""""""""" without even knowing how to shift
You can't make this shit up.

Are we actually pretending that anything OP said has actually happened?

>Cagers are the reason xyz

A lot of accidents are caused by bikers being faggots too dude, everyone deals with shitty drivers and if anything cars colliding with other cars can cause much more catastrophic accidents than some faggot biker that filtered too fast through traffic getting killed because he wanted to be first in the line of traffic.

Stop being such a whiny little bitch and get gud or get off the fucking road. Hardmode: get a fucking car you fucking squid.

No worries mate

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you don't lane split?

I've got a car, and I'm no squid. My point was that user was spewing shit about bikes being dangerous, but bikes would be less dangerous if other road users would be actual road users - not cell phones with flesh attached to them being flung around in a metal box at 90MPH.

Not legal where I live, and drivers around here are genuinely alright. I still do my best to keep an eye out behind me though.

Oh please no biker has ever killed a car driver. Get the fuck over yourself.

My friend had a similar experience. A few months later and he was shifting like a pro.

>being retarded
>blaming the car
kek

Bikes are always going to be inherently more dangerous than a car, even if you cleaned up all the morons in cars bikers will still die for other reasons, for example lanesplitting, it kills quite a few people so here in Australia it is illegal.

Anyway, bikers can be faggots too and can cause accidents too, it's not just the bikers getting killed.

Lanesplitting saves lives, and it's legal in Queensland.

>implying cars have never swerved out of the way of a biker and crashed
>implying a bike t-boning the driver side door at high speed wouldn't kill the driver
>implying implicit implications
>etc
Part of the reason why people hate bikers in general is the mentality that they have that they're the only ones that lives really matter because they willingly chose to use a less safe mode of transport, if anything you should get over yourself and go back to the /DBT/ and circlejerk over how much you hate "cagers".

I personally have no problem with motorbikes apart from harleys, it's just a lot of bikers piss me off with how self absorbed they are, like you.

Honestly its not too hard. I wanted a manual car so i bought one and learned by myself in a week. True story bro
Drive it every and all day everyday

Shit really, I'm a Victorian, I've seen quite a few crashes overseas because some biker was lanesplitting, never would have thought it was legal in QLD

>implying this shit ever happens
get over yourself.
50% of all bikers die by their own device
50% die when stacy pulls out in front of them

you're damn right bikers have a reason to be pissed at cagers. bikes may inconvience you with shenanigans but you kill them. not even the same level. how self absorbed people like you are piss me off.

>only ones that lives really matter because they willingly chose to use a less safe mode of transport
or maybe it is the fact so many car drivers simply act in a negligent manner? get over yourself jack ass

>Stalling

Shit happens my dude, it's not the end of the world

>Grinding

jesus christ OP use the clutch

Yeah. Most people don't know that lane splitting is legal, so they never look for bikes before changing lanes - that's the majority of lane splitting accidents. The reason that it's legal in the first place is because it significantly decreases the risk of being rear ended while in traffic, which can be fatal for a rider. Riders are also expected to do it at slow speeds.

They inconvenience everyone when they crash, new retarded speed limits and laws are put in place because some faggot wanted to be first at the stop light and crashed filtering at retarded speeds, seriously the already jam packed main road near me has had the speed limit reduced to 40 fucking KMH because of some faggot on a hayabusa.

It's illegal here in victoria, it even says on the vicroads site that they don't ever plan to make it legal, I'd imagine it's because most people including bikers and cyclists can't be fucked learning the actual rules of the road.

how sad. remind me again how its the bikers fault for not thinking playing bumper cars is fine and failing to choose a vehicle for retards to run into?

as a said before, get over yourself. you are as ignorant as the squids

Yup. Like I said, most people don't know it's legal in Queensland, and either cause accidents by not looking or throw a fit when someone splits. Same is the case in California, the only place in the US that it's legal to split. The government probably doesn't think it's worth their time actually educating people on the issue.

It was 100% percent the bikers fault, he was literally filtering through traffic at 100KMH down a packed main road and hit someone that was merging so he could turn at the next set of lights. you must be retarded if you don't think that's the bikers own fault.

I think it's more the fact that a lot of people don't listen and remember these sorts of things, and that there's so many people you'd actually have to educate on the issue that it's not worth the time and effort even trying to get people to learn.

Remind me again how it isn't the bikers fault if he's driving like an ass?

Daily drive it for a month and don't be a nervous little bitch.

>find engagement point
>give it gas
>ease off clutch
>bucks

Help

You might be letting off the clutch too fast.

This.
Everyone goes too fast at first.
If your car isn't hopelessly weak, you should get it into first without pressing the gas pedal at all.

So I don't need to gas for first?

Isn't being that slow going to piss off people behind me?

>I learnt to drive one when I was 12
So two years ago?

Don't do it in traffic.

Do it in a parking lot or something. It'll familiarize you with how your clutch feels.

You do when you're driving for real; that's just useful practice.

>all these idiots replying to a shit post

Low quality bait user

When I was 10 I had to drive a 1969 Jeep Gladiator with a snow plow, I had to plow the taxiways and Runway of the little airport my parents owned. That's how I learned to drive a manual

get a nissan pulsar and smash the cunt around the paddock until it catches on fire rip fully sick handbrake skids around corners too

I just grew up listening to my parents shift gears and shit, I could always change gears fine but couldnt do hillstarts

here's my secret to how i learned to master stick. weed. true story, weed helped me become a better driver than just being sober. i couldn't even feel the clutch biting point, but after getting stoned and driving, within a week i was shifting without thinking about it. thank you weed

Three actually faget, git gud

Sounds like OP is a pussy, or a bad baiter.

I passed my test, didn't drive a car for well over a year, went and bought a car about 50 miles away and drove it back pretty much no problem. I think I only stalled it once and it was pulling out of the guys estate.

at some point you are going to learn that the things you're practicing, getting into first, is what you want to be doing all the time.

i remember having trouble when i started and my 1st to 2nd shift was just as bad as getting the car going. even if the car will be moving along no matter what happens its still a jerky uncomfortable transition.

once i thought about having other people in the car i had to get that under control.

>KMH
Surprise, the pussy is a eurofag

was it an SI?

Kek use the money from selling it to get a sex change cause you're a bitch m8.

just get an automatic then.

"I am a fucking pussy" the post

Don't think, feel, and you'll be dagumi.

Don't worry about being perfectly smooth. You're interrupting power delivery. It's not going to be perfectly smooth, ever, unless you grind the fuck out of the clutch. Even automatics have a little jolt.

> implying this isn't a troll

4/10 OP, you got a lot of replies

Lol is this a joke fuck I'm loling

Not OP - but where are some good places to learn to drive manual without purchasing an actual manual car?

I live in burgerland and as a result maybe 2/100 cars here are stickshift. Is it possible to buy a $300 junker from a yard without paying more than that in insurance + registration fees?

Literally NO ONE I know between friends and family owns a manual.

Buy a shitbox far away from home, get dropped off there and make it your only way to get home.

You will learn, it's how I did.

My dad taught my mom by meeting up in the woods, stealing her car and tossing his keys out the window as he left.

just buy a junker that still works and tow it to the desert.
Bring a full tank and then some, drive that thing in the desert until the tank runs out. Throw the rest of the fuel you brought onto it and burn it to a crisp, and leave.

i was having trouble with this as well, i give it gas a little before the engagement point and i take off smoothly now

Fuck off you bollock. Are you saying when you first starting driving, you were basically a God and never fucked it up once? No? Then piss off you slimy wanker

My wife would literally have a mental breakdown and divorce me if I did this to her and took her phone too.

>I stalled and grinded all the way home

How do you fuck up this bad? I only stalled once after several starts my first time doing it.

>then slowly let off the clutch and giving more gas

NO. What you do is you get to the clutch's grab point and HOLD IT THERE FOR A LITTLE BIT until the engine is fully engaged. There is no need to even use the gas pedal to get going.

Practice starting in first and reverse (reverse is easier) WITH NO GAS until you get the hang of it, that will give you a good feel for the clutch.

>Why did I have to feel so insecure?
manual cars are the most insecure kind of cars for novices, they're unpredictable and distract you from the road conditions (only thing that matters legally)
Some quick little tips from someone who hates driving manual:
- focus on cars in front and on your sides, forget about cars behind you (if they hit you it's their fault and they had to pay)
- don't even bother about downshift when going to a stop, just brake until car starts to shake and press clutch to avoid stalling.
- to avoid grind, take your time and press clutch to the bottom until gear it's correctly selected, then release clutch smoothly ... if for some reason it starts to grind, press clutch to the bottom and release it slowly
- to avoid stalling just take your time with the clutch and learn to feel the bite point, when you feel it (car begins to shake) apply trhottle slowly

manuals are distracting, insecure and unreliable, but if you learn to drive them well, you'll save a lot of money until you can get a nice decent hydraulic (traditional) automatic.

>car begins to shake

Fucking dropped. Don't listen to this idiot.

lanesplitting it's fucking annoying and everyone who does it deserves to die. Just use yor lane like every other vehicle and stop your stupid and dangerous slalom

just forget about the ones behind you, only ones that matters are the ones in front of you and on your sides.

you sound really fucking stupid.

this is why so many nogs in houston have extended rims.

>american body coordination
I think I stalled less than 5 times in my life. You're doing it absolutely wrong.

also depends on the vehicle you learn on and if your teacher is shit

no it was base model

You might love it, you might hate it. Even now, I love driving my car but I also avoid going places with traffic now, where before it would be a chance to cruise with tunes.