Have a 2nd kid on the way and the family car is gonna be cramped with 2 car seats...

Have a 2nd kid on the way and the family car is gonna be cramped with 2 car seats. Also need extra seat for grandparents occasionally. I have 20k cash to put down and don't want a minivan. Is this acceptable?

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=30518&endYear=2017&modelCode1=LC&showcaseOwnerId=588069&makeCode1=TOYOTA&startYear=1981&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=100&maxPrice=40000&showcaseListingId=414312151&mmt=[TOYOTA[LC[]][]]&listingId=423730504&Log=0

Other urls found in this thread:

streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/1114-dfw/1970-toyota-fj40-land-cruiser
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d930&zip=08816
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. Get a fucking minivan. You need one. Your image is fucked already and no crossover is going to change that.

whats with the hostility bro? I don't care about the image, I care about being able to enjoy my car outside hauling the kids around.

In all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with a minivan OP.
>roomy as fuck
>can pull seats out and move all sorts of shit
>good em pee gees

OP here, I did really like the interior of the new Sienna's however but it feels like an act of congress to get it up a fucking hill.

Because you're buying a worse tool.

3-row crossovers are more cramped and less practical than a minivan. Get a second fun car if that is so important.

So get the van and buy what i really want as a toy later then yeah? Might be hard to convince Mrs. user that we need 3 cars but I guess I can try.

>8 year old car
>147k
>$29,500

;___;

>46 year old car
>74k
>$27,000

streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/1114-dfw/1970-toyota-fj40-land-cruiser

I actually didn't realize the pic in OP was a land cruiser. They're cool but still tight inside and gas mileage suffers with the V8.

Odyssey EX-L is what you want. There are lots for under 30k with low mileage.They're the best-selling minivan for a reason. Pretty quick for what it is too.

>streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/1114-dfw/1970-toyota-fj40-land-cruiser

fuck dude i remember when these things were 800-900 bucks

but you also become part of the russian mafia

What's the current 2nd car?

stop being a beta simp and tell buy whatever the hell you want

she makes more than me, 70k vs 55k

Ah so she makes more than you automatically makes her the bread winner -- even though she is a women. You are an idiot, man.

you clearly have no idea how women work but that's ok.

no, i am just not a cuck that gets bossed around by women

You'll grow up someday.

Why isnt she buying the family vehicle if she makes more than you?

We have a 2010 BMW 550 and a 2002 rav4 we are just replaceing the rav as the baby carrying vehicle for which ever one of us is off that day.

just buy an evo or an sti, it's a "family" "sedan" and they are fun

not enough room for 2 carseats + anyone else, the BMW is already too small

MINIVAN
I
N
I
V
A
N

They are just unbeatable when it comes to seating and capacity

>at most 3 people in the car at one time

Welp time to get seating for 7.

Seriously, pretty much every other generation survived in sedans. Why do you think you need a fuckhueg suv for toting around an infant and a toddler?

Fuck you, my parents did just fine with 2 kids and no third row. You and your family are not special snowflakes.

what's so terribad about this?
>quick
>spacious
>good mpgs
>reliable
>comfortable
stop trying to salvage your manhood, you're a parent now

SUVs and crossovers aren't "fun to drive" anyway. Plus soccermoms already have those things branded as kid haulers anyway. Minivan will have more utility and ride more like a car. Also, putting 20k down is retarded. If youre already going to finance it, don't dump all of your cash and if you want a huge layout of cash that won't leave you with a car payment then pick something that you can buy outright.

You feel wrong. My dad had minivans for work for decades, i think the sienna has 300 hp and awd. We never had any problem driving those around.

minivans are for moms and fags

>this thread
>families aren't allowed an offroadable wagon as the family chariot
Believe it or not faggots, just because you can't see the family 4x4 traveling through the bush from your suburban window, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
I'm in a similar boat to you. We're looking at various mid to large 4x4 SUVs including NM onwards Pajeros, PB Challengers, Pathfinders and the like.

Get a Flex.

>360hp twin-turbo 3.5 V6
>seats 7
>4 spicy glass roof panels

If I was after a performance car over a 4x4, I'd consider it. But I'm not.

MULTIPLIA. LIVE THE DREAM OP

Don't listen to those guys op,land cruisers are pretty amazing in just about everything except MPG,i owned one a couple of years ago.
Go for it.
I personally think the Lexus RXsomething looks a bit better but it's up to you.

they have 4x4

>buying a big fuck off SUV because 3 times a year the grandparents might ride along

Fuck outta here with that, you're just buying an SUV because your wife demanded one for her children.

Get an Audi q7, used ones are In your price range so you don't have to have a minivan

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d930&zip=08816

Some of them are equipped with awd. These are actually really nice, a friends dad has one and it's really comfortable and roomy.

Also if you don't need 350hp you dont need to get the ecoboost model, smaller engines are available