Tfw friends call you cheap for not using the AC to save gas

>tfw friends call you cheap for not using the AC to save gas

Why do backseat drivers who don't pay gas money complain the hardest?

How poor do you have to be to not use A/C?

Do you also turn your car off at stoplights to save $5 a month?

>turn off air conditioning, open windows
>increased drag burns gas
Do you bitch about friends wanting to drink your tap water, too? Make 'em pee outside to save water?

>le increased drag meme

Holy shit end yourself I don't open up the windows

>on highway to job interview
>first 100 degree day of the year
>turn off AC because broke AF
>keep windows rolled up because >aerodynamics btfo my mpgs
>sitting inna literal sweatbox
>show up to interview drenched
>completly bomb it, being covered in sweat didn't help my case
>thus resetting the cycle
I just want to end my life

Not him but i generally do all kinds of shit to save small amounts of money when i can.

Its not so much that i need the smallest bit of cash i can get but rather i can sleep better at night knowing i'm not using things that cost money when i don't necessarily feel i need to.

>turn AC on full blast for 5-10 minutes
>turn off
>recirculate
>air stays cold for an hour or so

Or just don't be cheap. Fuck.

>roll up the windows and turn the ac on to improve fuel economy

the is false. when the ac compressor is on it has to work harder to fight the engines heat to provide you with cool air. this does not improve fuel economy at all if anything it decreases it since its an extra load.
>spergs actually beileve this improves fuel economy

How would it have an extra load if you have it on off?

the engine has a load

So where is the load coming from if the AC is off?

im talking about if its on holy fuck.

>entire thread is about having the AC off
>talk about it having in on

kys

ur mom took my extra load m8

seeyou were saying?

All of those posts talk about having the AC off retard.

>Driving at night with my buddy as a passenger, cold af
>put my roof down because the stars look really nice
>turn on heater at full blast
>toasty warm alternating with freezing cold
Peasants

>he fell for the sunroof meme

You should probably remove the A/C and strip out the vehicle too. Having a lighter vehicle takes less effort from the engine and you save gas, or

>use A/C because the savings from having it off are insignificant

This is the cheapass equivalent to benchracing. Poorfags are a cancer.

It's a convertible, it's even memeier
>fuggin nice being able to see the sky at night though

This is some severe kike-level OCD, jesus christ.

Then ur buddy sucks ur dick, right?

Ac probably snakes like 10 HP at the absolute max

We had a succulent meal, a Chinese meal, thank you sir.

Ac compressors are not always running, it has magnetic clutch with engages and disengages to keep the high side in the required pressure range. The clutch engaging is the click you hear.

>Using air conditioning requires the generation of up to 5 hp (3.7 kW) of extra power to maintain a given speed .[citation needed] A/C systems cycle on and off, or vary their output, as required by the occupants so they rarely run at full power continuously. Rolling down the windows is often seen as the leading way to prevent this loss of energy. This technique, however, causes increased drag in the form of air resistance and the cost savings is less than is generally anticipated.
-from wiki article on hypermiling techniques. We were just now talking about fuel savings in another thread

> I don't open up the windows

what a fucking loser, live a little

>rolling down your windows
>ever

Master race is no ac windows up

>tfw toyota a/c blows room temperature air out the driver's side vents

it's mildly better at highway speeds I only drive the highway once or twice a month

>How poor do you have to be to not use A/C?
Modern cars should have an "ECO" mode for the A/C. Even my simplistic car's A/C has a normal operation and eco mode operation. In Eco mode, it runs the A/C as well as allowing greater variances in temperature and humidity based upon the operating conditions and load placed upon the engine.

>Do you also turn your car off at stoplights to save $5 a month?
I have no real choice because my ECO car automatically shuts the gas engine down and starts it back up again seamlessly at traffic lights.

>[citation needed]

>not having a tropic roof or a cfc charged conditioner
blebs

I prefer having the windows cracked since I like being able to hear what's going on around me better. It just makes me feel more in tune with my driving. I don't do it to be cheap though, especially not if my passenger wants AC.

How much did you car cost over a CRX?

I don't even have an ac. When it gets over 35°C in my car I just put a towel on my seat and drive naked. Works perfectly fine, fuck AC.

James?

>no AC
>susceptible to bone dry AC air anyway
>mfw windows down all day err day
When I have to drive highways on a really hot day I just wear shorts, put a towel on my seat, keep the windows cracked and turn the fans up.

>over CRX
Unless you're talking of Del Fag, a decent one goes for M3 money. You could get a brand new car for cheaper.

OP is saying he doesn't use the A/C in order to save gas.

people don't actually believe A/C use saves gas do they? That's retarded.

>being this much of a cheap fuck
How about cutting something stupid like a vice out of your life instead of being a cunt and thinking you're saving money by not running your AC.

The compressor engages and disengages, its not always running

how about enjoy the luxury's in life that cost you so little while you can. you never know when your going to die so make the most of things within reason i mean. dont leav the car running all night so the heaters warm as soon as you get in it the next morning.

ac affects fuel consumption by as little as 1% to as much as 10% (extreme case) depending on car and outside temp. it will affect small engines more. but i didnt actually do a study on this or anything this is just a estimate from experience. and no i dont turn that shit off to save gas because i like to be comfy.

If you're that cheap and concerned about fuel, take the fucking bus or buy a piece of shit eco diesel.

>tfw literally use my AC 99% of the time when I'm driving, even in cooler weather

I do roll down the windows for fresh air every now and then, but most of the time I need the AC otherwise I'll be sweating too much.

>when the ac compressor is on it has to work harder to fight the engines heat to provide you with cool air.

I really have no idea what you meat by this. AC is more fuel efficient OVER having the windows down when at highway speeds. But closing the windows and turning off the AC will obviously always be the most fuel efficient option, but that's not comfy.

>tfw friends call you cheap for not using the AC to save gas
>Why do backseat drivers who don't pay gas money complain the hardest?

Because they are traveling with you to go somewhere. When they arrive, they don't want everyone at the destination to see them all sweaty or flush faced. Your friends don't want to have visibly wet clothes at the destination. Your friends don't want perspiration odor (and that is a very important thing).

Okay, besides all that, there is one other thing about FRIENDSHIP versus Acquaintanceship. These are your friends, right? Not just acquaintances? If they're your friends and they consider you to be their friend and not a mere acquaintance, then you should pay some attention to their comfort and well-being during the time that you do spend together.

Road noise due to windows being open also reduces pleasant listening to tunes or reasonable conversations.

>turn AC on
>car starts shaking and engine with skip above 5k rpm
>turn AC off

THIS IS A SECRET OCD RETARD ASBURGERS CALLOUT THREAD

READ ALL THE AUTISTIC COMMENTS

OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY FUCKING STUPID

LIKE WOW

>having back seats
>having back seat passengers
brought it upon yourself really

Low speed in town = windows down.

High speeds = A/C on.

There's a point where the drag created by open windows overcomes the extra work the engine has to do to create cool air.

Of course, it doesn't fucking matter, the difference is insignificant.

user, you are cheap.

I only make $8.50/hr and give zero fucks about having the A/C on. Life is short, so don't spend so much time obsessing over little things.

Opening the windows at highway speeds causes turbulence which ruins the airfoil slipstream effect of the car's design. That non-turbulent airfoil slipstream actually goes a long way towards improving the car's MPG.

I don't see how you spastics can get this spergy over like 10 bucks a month. Then again I am on Veeky Forums

It's less than that.

The load of an AC compressor on an an engine is insignificant.
Do people really not understand how powerful a car engine is?
Guys we should clean our wheel bearings out and put it light oil so it'll have less drag and coast better!

I can see this scenario for OP. He tells his wife she is reducing his MPG because she is fat. He tells his wife to go on a diet so that his MPG will improve. He tells his wife every day to stop being so fat and ruining his MPG.

Every day.

Well if the girls stupid enough to believe it and he's stuck with her hopefully she'll thin out.

>has a car
>does not use it to save gas

>Virtually all cars made in past 40 years come with an AC system
>Don't use it to be as comfortable as possible when it's hot and humid outside despite it only having a negligible effect on gas mileage
>Not switching to the far superior smiles per gallon system when judging a car
>mfw

David, pls go.

>Having backseats
>Driving people around
lmao I bet you don't even drive a convertible

I bet you drive a miata faggot I

>Not switching to the far superior smiles per gallon system when judging a car

Some people don't know when to relent being a tightwad. Those are the people that get party invites only if it is necessary to invite them.