Gypsies

I know literally nothing about gypsies. What is their past? Who are they? Where did they come from?

bump

They got like.. distant heritage in India or some shit.. I think.

India has a shitload of nomads.

Like a hundred million or something.

Some of them wandered off and eventually found their way to Europe, where they survived as craftsman/thieves

They come from India and became nomadic, settling all over Europe.

I dunno but I'm related to a lot of em

I ought to do a genetic test

Literally fecal matter in human form.

They were a part of the lowest caste in India, they were so hated they got exiled.
They made their way to Europe.
They live all over Europe, but more so in Eastern Europe.
They never integrated anywhere.
They are generally uneducated, don't have documents, live in their own little communities.
They are generally thieves, beggars or garbage collectors. They make houses out of things they scavenge from garbage, they make improvised cars. They tend to collect scrap metal and sell it, sometimes they've been known to steal power/phone wires and even smaller monuments and smelt them down for scrap metal.
They are generally hated in Eastern Europe.

Roma Gypsies are blow-ins from the Indian subcontinent

Irish Gypsies are some weird genetically isolated Celtic population

They're both probably the worst ethnic groups on the face of the planet. Bumfuck African pygmies invented cool treehouses and crossbows, Aussie Abos farmed eels and traded with Indonesians. Literally every other people on the planet has something going for them apart from Gypsies

brit with a gyppo great grandmother

gives me a "get out of jail free card" when people say I've got white privilege and shite

aside from that all I've got from it is slightly slant eyes and slightly tanner skin than regular bongs

>A FUCKING WAGON WHEEL

Some dude rubbed one off on one of the designated shitting streets in India, resulting in the creation of an Indian / living turd hybrid that roams the Earth stealing and leaving trash and feces in their wake.

They should be gassed.

Did gypsies invent the tarot or is it a meme?

...T-their music is pretty nice though user
This is an interesting question but I doubt they got really involved with the occult

>slightly tanner skin than regular bongs
You must be very dark then.

You know something's wrong with your culture when everyone hates you more than the Jews.

once upon a time cancer and gonorrhoea fucked
cancer was pregnant
turned out to be kleinfelter's
they tried to abort it 3 times but it failed
it was born
unfortunately for the world it wasn't stillborn
it grew up to be gypsies

>slightly tanner skin than regular bongs
>slightly tanner skin than Pakis and Jamaicans
You must be night itself.

Nah, just slightly tanner

My uncle and gran look like they could be from Italy though

Although I dunno if I do have Mediterranean ancestry as well

I'm from the south of England mate

Haven't seen a Muslim in 5 years down here

Gypsies aren't THAT incestuous, they have progressively mixed with the local population of wherever they go, so they do look distinct.

>they make improvised cars.

They mad max around Europe?

Neat.

Can we have ONE fucking thread without being horribly tier? This is why other boards mock us

So are irish travellers who move around britain totally distinct from actual roma gypsies? Their culture is so fucking weird and even being an sjw most of the time I can't really help but feel hatred towards them

Fuck off you bluepilled cuck

This is our board, simple as fucking that.

Tinkers aren't roma.

Romas at least have a romanticist image, Tinkers just get into bare knuckle boxing matches all the time.

When alt-right dorks get BTFO on other threads they complain about being treated this way by lefties. Have some civility you fucking weenie

They have been a cancer on society throughout the ages and still are, so don't expect anyone to just discuss gypsies like people.

Ok, I'll bite into your alt-right pie

WHY are they cancer? What crimes have they commited as a cultural collective

Even a lot of liberal Irish people agree that Irish travellers are subhuman.

They're literally fucking nigger tier. Even when we fucking chuck flames at their camps they still don't get the fucking message and leave.

If they are so great according to you, why don't they have houses?

Huh?? No fucking reply???

Lets be real they moved around too much. They have been a bit systematically oppressed but for the most part they refused to assimilate. Just take in they were the bottom of the barrel for Indians. Let that sink in.

I don't think they deserved to be gassed though :(

Fuck off you doss cunt.

You know how I know you've never lived near them? Because you defend them you waste of resources

>doss cunt

Since when are there roma in Scotland?

Sure you're not living near tinkers?

Nah I just read trainspotting a few days ago and it stuck me with, culture appropriating shitlord that I am

Another /lefty/ here, tinkers come through our area (NE Scotland) often- I really can't help but dislike them for all the public urination, horrible treatment of council land and also terrible haircuts. But how did they get like this?? And why??

You could probably research it.

Probably poverty leading to shitty self-protecting but criminal culture

If you are so much better than them, why are you the one shitposting on a Himalayan photography website?

You are the one advocating gassing them, I don't see how that gives you the moral high ground, you neo-reactionary social darwinist filth

Holy shit what the fuck is happening on this board...

My ancestors built Western fucking civilisation. My ancestors were Caesar, Alexander, Hitler, and Newton. So yeah, fuck you dude.

>we wez Caesar, Alexander, Hitler, and Newton an shiet.

Except we fucking were. I and my people share responsibility for civilisation as a whole. You better start fucking thanking us.

>he thinks his ancestors were Caesar, Alexander, Hitler, and Newton

Because he isn't a thieving, lying shit you complete mongoloid

>Alexander
>Caesar
>Hitler
>fucking Isaac Newton
>>all responsible for civilization as a whole

Are we being raided by /pol/

Will no one answer OP?

These guys you named were indeed important to history, but you're probably no more than a fucking amoeba to civilization. Do not tell others successes as if they are your own

Its kind of like saying that if you are a cashier at Walmart, then 'your people' includes Sam Walton.

Gypsies are human vermin, and should be treated accordingly.

>people not sucking gypsy dick
>ugh fucking /pol/
To tell you the truth /pol/ is not needed, gypsies breed disgust on their own.
Take the worst part of black culture, mash it up with the worst parts of white trash and add a sprinkling of greed and malice and you get gypsies

That guy is obviously from one of the Free cities of Essos.

Fuck off. Where I come from even leftists hate gypsies

You're sorely mistaken if you think gypsy hate is from /pol/, literally EVERYONE hates gypsies.

>alt-right
You are obviously indoctrinated.
I am a slav, I lived right across a gypsy slum for 12 years, I have a grandfather that was beaten and robbed by a roaming gang of gypsies (like many others; God bless little angels praying on pensioners for their 50-75 euro monthly pensions).
Oddly enough only gypsy slums are provided with free electricity during winter (they leech off in the rest of the time), free satellite TV and utilities like water, something that the aforementioned pensioners aren't.
School education is free (schoolbooks are free and one can get a fucking pencil and a notebook for less than the price of a loaf of bread) and schools are required to provide breakfast until 4th grade (might have upped it until 7th, I don't keep track on this). Needless to say, gypsy participation is not at all great and neither are their grades because parents want their kids to become gypsies, as being educated is considered un-gypsy and this brings shame to the clan (yes, they subdivide into clans).
Speaking of the parents, many marriges are arranged, with the bride being sold to another family.
Some times they have clan fights and when the medical crews arrive they are attacked for being "late", something that affects everyone in the fucking nation, as the average waiting time for an ambulance is between 30 to 45 minutes.
Even the most hardened multiculti retards will have a hard time not hating the gypsies because they had their fair share of unpleasant encounters with the harsh reality of gypsies.

I complain about /pol/acks on Veeky Forums constantly and dedicate a pretty ridiculous amount of time to studying West and Central African archaeology, so I wouldn't consider myself racist.

But having lived in close proximity to a few different communities of gypsies in my time, having met others abroad and having interacted with them, I just can't find anything nice to say. I've met Poles and Chinese and Nigerians who were jerks sure but the majority of them are just decent people. Gypsies seem to be the opposite.

This is a board for discussion on history, not for venting on some cultural group you hate.

Instead of tossing derogatory terms that mean essentially nothing in the context of historical discussion, why not show your historical evidence for why you may think they are awful? Explain how they came to be and why they are viewed so negatively. Calling them "trash" or "cancer" just makes you look dumb.

>how they came to be
Who knows? Jews and niggers were treated far, far worse yet they don't reach the nadir of degeneracy gypsies do.
>why they are viewed so negatively
Because they are thieving fucks who refuse to assimilate?

Genetics. They're the single most inbred ethnic group in Europe if not the world, like 70% of their marriages are consanguineous.

t. Aladar Lakatos

If the gypsies actually did NOTHING it would be some major improvement

Does your inability to monkey rage and start fist fights over the internet trigger you?

Lol, all these edgy alt rightists getting buttmad over gypsies

I had no idea what gypsies really were until I lived in Sweden for a few months, they are the most shit tier group of people I've ever come in contact with and I used to live in St. Louis

t. person who has never met a gypsy

I moved to America from Eastern Europe and even the shittiest minority here is ten times better than those fucks.

>What is their past?
They were Indian nomads

>Who are they? Where did they come from?
They're travelers that came from India likely Rajasthan

I used to be a decent, liberal minded person until I had to interact with gypsies

I can remember eating at a food court in stockholm and they would come up trying to grab food, at the very least you can yell at them and no one cares

They also do shit like mutilating their own kids and then sending them to beg and evoke pity in random tourists, they're the most fucked up people in existence.

I remember some dude on youtube who met an African tribe where it was considered a mark of honor and a kind of initiation ceremony for youth to steal stuff. They weren't violent, they were very friendly with him, but they advised him "Watch out for us! ;^)". He came to like them and all. Maybe with gypsies is the same thing, stealing and cheating is considered a cultural thing and even a mark of honor, whereas for outsiders it is something understandably abhorred. That being sad I wouldn't want to live near them, and I would call the fucking police on them. I'm not a hypocrite.

kek doesn't surprise me, scum of the fucking earth

Thank you.

You're the hero Veeky Forums needs

Apparently there was a village in India that had to be mass arrested because they put "thievery" on their tax returns as their main source of income and they weren't joking.

it was originally a french card game similar to bridge and was in fact the ancestor of modern playing cards

whether gypsies were the first to use tarot cards for fortune-telling, i don't know

Gypsy original village found.

They believe that anything that it's stupid and/or shameful to pay for something if you can steal it.

I once saw a guy in a designer suit exit a Ferrari and steal a packet of cigarettes, it's insane

>>>/tumblr/

Everyone can agree that gipsies are cunts. This is not just a Nazi thing.

lol, look at these entitled white faggots who spent their whole life in his ethnically homogeneous upper middle class superb getting buttmad over peoples' opinions regarding gypsies
:^)

*their
The comment was directed towards

Gypsies need their Hitler to rise to Jewish levels.

Hitler tried to gas all Gypsies actually, can't fault him for that.

Yeah, nobody just cares because Gypsies are tribalist assholes that only care about their own anyway.

I don't really think it's /pol/ when every fucking society on earth, even the "tolerant" ones, hate them to no end and nobody ever seems to have anything good to say about a positive encounter with a gypsy.

When everyone who's ever met you has a problem with you, the problem is likely you and not everyone else.

I'm talking from personal experience. I've seen gypsy mobiles and gypsy favelas, and they ripped out a small national monument and melted it down to fucking sell it.
Notice how i didn't use any derogatory words, just stated the facts. Unlike some who started talking about muh shitskins, and muh human trash.
Do you know how much effort governments all over Europe put in to try and educate gypsies? They are generally school drop outs, even tho their education is completely subsidized.

Scum of the earth

Maximum Security Year Round Gypsie Boarding Schools?

Came from India, initially settled in modern day Romania(later spread out over centre-eastern part of Europe), some of them went to live the "traveller's" life which is 100% accurate to what the popular perception of them is - thieves. After industrial revolution kicked in, the "settled" gypsies who were mostly craftsmen making simple things were progressively going out of business and adapted the "traveller" lifestyle.

Some, mostly jewellers survived the revolution and got assimilated into their population to the point where it's impossible to distinguish between them and the locals.
>They never integrated anywhere.
This is false. They're the scourge of the world but some of them did integrate but it's kinda like with cadots or whatever they're called in France - they never boast about their ancestry so you don't even know about it.

5% of university spots are reserved for gypsies no matter their entrance exam results.
They get textbooks for free even in elementary school. They have shit grades, and generally drop out as soon as they pass "mandatory" education at which point the only job they can get is in sanitation.
Close to my old elementary school there was an elementary school for adults. It was 100% made up of gypsies. And yes it did have security.

>initially settled in modern day Romania
Well that's just wrong
They came through Anatolia where a majority still reside and the "Romani" name (man of Rome) comes from Byzantine Rome

I wish, but they get too protective of their rights to insult minorities.
BTW: I met a shit ton of gypsies over time, and as it's always when someone is talking about minorities , most of them were nice.

No, I was thinking more like Juvenile Hall, but they're imprisoned for schooling and to be free of Gypsie cultural influence rather than punishment for crime and they are taught Western values until 18 when they are permitted to leave and by then they'll hopefully hate Gypsie culture.

you have never actually met a gypsy have you? they're one of those groups who really deserves any shit they get.

Then why does tumblr defend them so much?

>tumblr

If it's classified as "oppressed" in any way, tumblr loves it without question. That's why the Oppression Olypmics is so popular among them, the more oppressed you are, the more Tumblr loves you, hence transtrenders, otherkin, self-dxing illness, saying pomegranates give PTSD, fat pride etc.

Yeah but you'd think European tumblr users would set them straight on the topic of gypsies

highly expendable thus highly usable

Yeah, but that african stealing seems to be symbolic, and mostly restricted to an age group.

no, they just don't give a fuck about other people or their property and literally see it as a mark of weakness if one of their kin does so.