>>/wsg/1046108

>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/mcy/5608465812.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fist for

What did she mean by this?

threadly reminder that honda a shit

nth for fiberglass pancake I'll try saw into a part later.

No idea if it's gonna work.

So i've noticed that when rolling my bike when it's off, I can hear the front rotor rubbing on the front brake pad, but only in sections, so like half of it rubs and half of it doesn't, is that an issue? I don't feel any pulsating or anything while braking.

Out on the road the temp gone mad high. Throttle shuddered then lost power. How check coolant level. 01 hornet

>doesn't know how to check his coolant level

Start off the day with some carnage from my DRZ yesterday.

Fug, it cut out again 1 mile later with temp on normal.

holy shit bruh how can you be so dense several years into the glory of our lord and savior Michael Dunlop.

Check your owners manual. If you don't have one, google and download one.

Think i found the problem.

This bitch must be worn out because it's nor as springy as the other one.

>memebike

How hard would it be to engine swap a 25 year old bike with a newer engine?

It's at home...

Tow truck time

If you have to ask, very hard.

>I'm not a hipster-wannabe if I just meme in front of things.

wad the chain up in there?

As easy as fabricating new mounts for all the components so that they line up right. You can weld right?

I know it'll be mechanically difficult, but it more so seems finding an engine that'll fit is a bigger issue. The only two engine types I keep seeing pop up when looking around at other peoples swaps are ZR1200 and Busa engines. And those are rather on the pricey side.

Me personally, no. I know someone that can though.

>brakes started to squeak/grind while coming to a stop
>check brake pads when I got home
>all 4 pads are good and still have significant pad left
could this be the steering bearings? what the hell? It only happens I pull the brake in though

are the rotors in good shape and pads not crumbling?
contaminates in there can make brakes work like ass till they clean out

no, crank bearing gave out and seized the crank and shifted it to where the sprocket was grinding into the swingarm. Busted up the case and the rest was history. Sad thing is at 23k miles it still starts and runs super smooth. Came out of nowhere.

shove a cr500 engine in there and willy to the moon then

did that user who engine swapped a ninja 650 into a klr frame still around? did he post his finish?

i havent seen him in a while, i was really hoping to see that finished product.

>120HP

108* atw

compared to 145 atw on the GSX-S

108 also coincidentally being what most 600s make atw

BANANA HAHAHAHA LOL XD

>Inb4 muh torks
Get a V-anything if you want'em

too late. already bought a new bottom end and rebuild kit

I'd run out of petrol

>Justnoobthings

11 less ft lb than the gsx-s anyway

>but m-muh honda is just the best (for no reason)

going to at least give yourself some insurance and swap the bearings for some nicer units?

kek

>Bike has fake neutrals between 4th and 5th gear
>Sometimes jumps from 5th to 4th when going over bumps

>muh torks

>shitty freier bike

still less tork than a gsx-s1000 but it does have more torque than that POS honda cb1000r

dont hurt my feelings

s-sorry

Rotors are all fine too. I might just go ahead and order the HEL lines, break it all down, give everything a good clean and reassemble. See how it goes.

Don't talk to me or my honda ever again

Paid 1500 for this, came with led blinkers, throttle cable, full gasket kit, chain. 1988 harley sportster 893, Evo chain drive. How much did I fuck it up?

What's bad about the cb? Genuine question no bully

Should I buy a beat up SV650 to learn to willie for long distances (I know of the oil issues but frankly I don't give a shit.)

Also just a general bike to thrash, practise shit without caring about laying it down so when I'm on my nuda I can confidently tear shit up?

depends, are you going to shine it up and flip it to a boomer for massive profit?
if yes, you did gud

why not a plated dirtbike or dualsport that wont eat its own engine in a wheelie? they usually hold value well enough to not lose much if anything when you sell it.

Sure thing user.

Just be careful though, you'll have so much fun on it you'll end up caring for it and being all sad when you drop it.

>Bought a harley
get out

no get a 2 stroke dirt squirter.

no such thing as oil starvation if they've got premix and very little engine braking would force you to learn dat rear brake well.

SV's actually pop quite well but you'll still be doing better on a dirt squirter.

Alternatively just do it on the nuda and don't crash.

Too expensive, the SV I'm looking at is currently going for under $500.
I've had 3 SV's in my life so far, nice bikes, but I hate the 1999 which is the one I'm looking at.

Literally want it to learn stupid shit.

Also I've done some research, if you over fill the engine slightly with oil, the engine won't shit itself.

No, this pile doesn't run, but the idiot I bought it from didn't know that the severe fuel leak was from a stuck carb float/ needle. So a new battery and a cleaned carb it should run. Have an issue with the shifter too, but harley sportsters are comparatively easy to work 9n compared to the big bikes.

I love my nuda too much to willie it.

Ever have to take a shit while you ride, and just find the closest porta-john?

but at the end of the day, its still a harley

cant argue with $500 for a working bike.

wuss

So the front breaks on my honda CB600FA are making a light rasping sound on every rotation during low speeds so I figure that either a caliper is a little bit off or the disc is slightly warped (although I don't get any wobble during hard breaking.).

How difficult would this be to troubleshoot and fix for somebody who hasn't worked on a motorcycle before but own a service and repair manual?

HIGH TEST

doesn't compute.

If you love it you should want to willy it, imo any bike too nice to willy is probably too nice to own.

literally no

are any of you guys into this sort of style or is it some gimmick?

BREP BREP FUCKERS

Speaking of which actually, did my first cresting stand up willy the other day.

Was coming up to a crest I usually don't get a clear run to and thought "I wonder". So I just stood up, ripped on the bars and yanked it up in 3rd going over and the front popped right up.

Didn't ride it out at all because I was busy being stunned but I will try next time.

The hardest part if a brake job is bleeding the lines perfectly. Everything is is just don't lose the piece.

Bought myself a RSV4, 2 weeks ago.

Love it, but seriously tempted to buy a flip up helmet because of how often I have to go to the gas station now. (they allow flip up helmets on inside, full face helmets not so much)

that rasp has a 99% chance of being a slightly warped rotor, not bad enough to affect braking but enough to make noise once in a while.
its not something to be concerned about like that.
an easy check is to pry the calipers open a little with a screwdriver (dont mar the rotor) or take one off at a time and see when the noise stops

Harleys from that era are notoriously shit

I never have a problem walking into servos with the full helmet on.

I hear of other people being asked to take them off but it's never happened to me.

>Still going inside to pay for gas
lmao i bet you turn your bike off too

>what's your name?
joshua
>who's your daddy?
i dont have one. my mother reproduced like a komodo dragon.

What country are you from?

Germany

>Doesn't have a bike
Lead the way nobike

Ah, Holland here.. we still have to pay inside the shop 9 out of 10 times

same

I used one of the machines with the credit cards on them the other day and it was fucking annoying, had about a million dialogue boxes to go through, asking me if i had a rewards card etc.

Way to take added convenience and make it inconvenient.

I finally found a road with long sweeping turns I can see around to get my knee towards the ground, much fun, shame it's only about a mile long and leads to a dual carriageway.

>Not going inside for delicious snapple tea.

throw that garbage away m8

>mumfoundthemixedshitandpeebottle.png

nah m8

>hating snapple tea
Shame

Nobody's drinking liquid breakfast in the sun on a hot as fuck day.

No way in hell am I gonna learn to wheelie the Nuda. I might do small pop up wheelies and chase it through the gears. But that's the extent of it on the Nuda.

>saw a grom squad today
>tfw no one to ride and hoon with

Its overrated r-right guys

Diet peach Snapple is excellent

is it possible to do a dank woolie on a 250 ninja stock?

ayy lmao im serious tho.

this facebook mee may is basically how it works.

If I'm out for blood and adrenaline I go alone, if you're after a bit of an adventure that's for friends.

120 crank HP and 108 wheel HP are not an oxymoron, what is your fucking problem?
Who said anything about the GSX-S?

Nothing. It's a bit outdated like most of Hondas sportbikes but some autist has a hissyfit about it.

posting mountains

vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/mcy/5608465812.html

Should I do it?

mountains a best

>tfw slowing planting the grom squad seed in my friends heads

it'll happen, I guarantee it

that guy must be tiny as fuck

no

closest i have is a lake with two namefags