/nmsg/ - No Man's Sky General

The sky looks scary edition

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!1d9miBaB!b7gZdSqW00UTn_akhCt_DGIgyMAsh28eukJ9xIgex5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cannot get online working, where's the patch for Codex?

>online
>pirate copy

is there mulitplayer?

Yup, sky looks scary.

meme game

Meme post

Can I be real for a second?

This community is fucking atrocious right now. You're all acting like a bunch of whiny, entitled little babies.
A tiny team of people made an entire universe for you to explore. They made it for YOU, and they're going to wake up
tomorrow morning and see that instead of enjoying it, this community of "fans" picked out the 3 or 4 things that
weren't perfect and are using that to fucking riot.

Guess what? The game was never going to be perfect. It was never going to live up to your hype. It was never going
to be everything you'd ever want in a game.

What it WAS going to be was an impossibly big universe filled with mysteries and weird shit. I just played it for 2
hours and it was exactly that. What more do you want?

Is it buggy? Sure. Is it repetitive? Maybe. Is the inventory system imperfect and the multiplayer feature questionable
and the structure unclear? sure, fine.

But holy shit what do these people OWE YOU?

How fucking entitled do you have to be to explore an infinite universe in a spaceship and then say "yea but..."

We should all be fucking weeping in our chairs right now at the sheer size and scale of the achievement. We should be
showering the people behind this thing with the praise they deserve for pulling off one of the most inspiring games in
recent memory.

Hello Games doesn't owe you the world. Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILIAN of them.

If you have the fucking audacity to complain about it then you don't deserve it and you were never fans in the first place.

>only the same 6~ people/ships land in space stations

sup sean

It got some flaws but I'm still having fun so far. Decided to ignore the Atlas and just explore all the planets I come across. Far into the second system so far. But I think I got lucky with some cool planets.

Found one with small jumping pillow animals and a big t-rex with the nature of "stalker". Starting planet was pretty cool. Almost like an eden full of life and plants with no hazards.

Only annoying thing so far is that copper nodes are always floating in the air as big balls.

30 minutes of reversing away from the light while looking straight 'down' on the map camera and only one thing has changed. The frequency/intensity of the gas clouds you fly through has gotten noticeably lower. and the size of the light has gotten very slightly smaller.

And to the user that said its the center of the galaxy, that's kind of what I figured, but it is not the center of the universe which is the games goal. The nearest stars prior to reaching the empty space around the light source was over 600,000 light years from the center.

A day before this general is dead because theres absolutely fucking nothing to do.

It's already dead

In other news, does anyone know if you take your ship into ng+?

Won't buy it now. It's essentially early access. Worse than D3 launch.

That's not true. There will be people playing this. If this general is dead in a day then it's because of all the shitposting.

finally ditched my shitty transporter for this viper-ish thing

Be honest with me guys. How bad of a port is it?

I'm going to have to get my gaming pc out of storage for it (moved to a new place a few weeks ago, haven't bothered to set everything up yet). That could take up to half an hour, probably longer since I have to put my pc desk back together again.

Is it worth the hassle?

Is there any solution to it crashing on startup?

>mfw starting planet is surrounded by an asteroid field dripping with Nickel and Aluminium and the local station is buying both at +145% the galactic average

Uninstalled after an hour.

Repetitive garbage, seen one planet seen them all
>Grind Resources
>Sell to vendor
>Rinse repeat

zzzzzzzzzzz

>Hello Games doesn't owe you the world
No they owe me $60 worth of entertainment. If I don't think they have given me that, then I'm entitled to that opinion

>Yet they gave you 18 QUINTILIAN of them.
Calling those space rocks "worlds" is like calling my shopping list a book

Found that model as a crashed ship. Is pretty cool.

In my own experience I have had no crashes, stutters and the graphics are a lot better than the console version.

However the interface suffers. I learned to use short keys to navigate it as if I was using a controller because when I click with my mouse the cursor resets to the center of the screen then it swap to the next page. Stuff like that makes it annoying but it's not game breaking

Any links for GOG version patches?

Tried reinstalling? If it's steam, have you validated cache? Tried new graphics drivers?

GOG version. Both reinstalled and updated my card and all I get is a black screen for a second before it crashes.

>shitposting
>the only thing keeping the post count up
>killing the thread

You sound like one of those faggots that says pirating takes money away from devs.

Try using GOG Galaxy and auto updates

when do you get the blueprints for the atlas pass?

It's certainly got a lot of issues. Crashing, memory leaks, shit optimization, terribly rdm stating planets, meaning it's either a cakewalk to get rich and move on, or absolute fucking hell.

That being said, you might luck out and be one of the guys who gets a good starter planet that doesn't make you want to uninstall in the first hour. If that happens the game isn't as bad as all the haters make it seem.

Definitely pirate it first though. $60 is way too steep a price tag for the issues the game has right now.

What specs and OS?

>he doesn't have access to private trackers

Yes, that's right. Your shitposting makes you a hero that keeps the thread alive after you scare people away. Let me use this opportunity to thank you.

>Couldnt play all day because I was at work
>read all day about horrible performance issues and angry people
>Super dissapointed, almost wanted to refund without playing
>Got home and booted it up expecting nothing
>loaded in less than 10 seconds on my western digital GREEN drive
>No framerate drop, no crashes
>games bretty gud.

The only issue I have is a little bit of screen tear from v-sync being off.

Fucking /v/ cancer.

W8.1
i5
Radeon R9 200

>v-sync being off.

That's unplayable. Screen tearing is immersion breaking.

Do the wall things only have weapon blueprints? I have never gotten an exosuit or ship shield blueprint out of them.

What a boring piece of shit game

>All you do is grind resources to vendor them for gold

REEEEEE
any way to disable the annoying as shit 'tips' on the bottom right?

>works flawlessly for me, /v/ is just memeing
wew

It's like the life of that girl in star wars

I'm with you on this. But the people here are betas that have no power in rl, so they pent their frustration on people who try their hardest to achieve something and try to bring them down to their level. It's sad really.

But I feel sorry for these betas too, they can't find fun in anything that got problems in it. it HAS to be perfect for them to have fun.

This is how I played No man's sky.
Myself and three other friends started to play at the same time. I started on some blue planet with a lot of gold, I did the mission to fix my ship and then the game crashed. So unlike some of the people on Veeky Forums would get a refund, I booted it up and played again. Did not crash for the rest of the time I played it. My mate crashed a lot both the game and ship, he's good like that but he kept playing it. It was alot of fun, my friends and I talking about the strange plants, animals and bugs.

I enjoied the game, it's fun and relaxing.
I dislike the price tag but hey, nothing's perfect.
I would give this game a 7.5/10, a bit too much grinding and the Suit voice system distortion need to be toned down.

Which doesn't make sense in the first place. "rare" earth metals are only rare on EARTH. The notion that ANY naturally occurring metal like Gold, Plutonium or Palladium would have ANY value in a galactic market is fucking laughable.

I mean for fucks sake, the game LITERALLY has planets with MOUNTAINS OF GOLD

WHY THE FUCK IS IT WORTH ANYTHING IF THERE ARE MOUNTAINS OF IT

I'm already bored with the game.

I'm running with an i7, windows10, 16gb ram, 890ti. May be above average but I have had no issue with running the game so far beyond a few stutters the first 5 seconds during the start.

So it can be done

who else /xwing/ here?

>a tiny team of people made an entire universe
they didnt hand make 18 quintilian worlds

Hey guys is there anyway to tell on the galactic map where previously discovered systems are?

I want to go back and explore a planet I skipped over. I'm only one jump away from the system but somehow I cant fucking find the damn star with the shitty interface

Somebody want to explain to me why Steam rates the game at Mixed, claiming to be 59% positive, when there are over 20,000 negative reviews and only about 2000 positive?

>cheat in 200000 units of a "very rare" material
>sell it to the vendor
>its price doesnt fluctuate on the global intergalactic market

ok.

Deceptive business practices

You should had named the system. I know you can add a waypoint for the future but don't know how effective it is since I haven't used it myself yet.

The smart way would be to count the systems distance from the center as you have most likely traveled towards it.

>online
>online

are you using it? does it work?

fyi you can get rid of the tip for your jetpack thing. click an inventory slot to install a module and press the pin button. then unpin it. should clear the one that is currently pinned that you see. if thwt doesnt work dismantle the jetpack thing and before reinstalling unpin it.

a few blueprints seem to auto pin themselves. only seen 2 so far, that them of them

No idea but maybe they base it on a voting system and not written reviews.

Uhm, I hope this isn't a stupid question but can't we name our character? My name was just set to "Explorer". That kinda sucks since I had hoped they would show who discovered what.

steam/psn name.

Not unless you bought it

I did. But I haven't had any connection to the server. I was never given an option to name my character during the start.

Go online you tard.

NMS FOV Patch for v1.0 (lets you use any FOV for on-foot and flight)
mega.nz/#!1d9miBaB!b7gZdSqW00UTn_akhCt_DGIgyMAsh28eukJ9xIgex5E

You have to install the gog galaxy app thing and play it through that afaik

or you can just change it in the settings file..

IMO it was more convenient to do that and be able to change in the Options than to edit the settings file. But yes, that works.

I'll give that a try, thx. I was wondering if it was just because their servers were down.

>scare people away
This isn't reddit. I'm sure people can handle conflicting opinions around here. Or am I really offending you?

BestPlanet reporting in

I'm still on the "Leave Planet" segment of the game. I've repaired my launch thrusters, pulse engine, then I fueled up my thrusters but it didn't update my progression for fueling up. Am I missing something?
pic related

So far I only landed on irradiated shitholes

low quality textures

Is there inevitably an issue that would arise by killing too many Sentinals? I found a spot where there's an abundance of Platinum & Iron next to a trader who sells them at jacked prices, but Sentinals keep interupting each time.

I havn't even started the Atlas Path thing, so am I going to regret killing so many sentinals? Or does it mean literally nothing?

press W

You are being obnoxious. Not offensive.

>strip mining what seem to be an endless Emeril stack
>makeshift staircase to get back up
>fall through map on to cave
>fall through map again in undermap water
>quick thinking, start blasting jet pack
>load a grenade up and blast through the floor of the cave and fly back into map
Fuck man I almost perma-lost 500k worth of Emeril

It was preventing me from doing anything in the ship. I needed to talk to the Atlas and accept guidance

It depends on the planet. When you land a new place it shows the aggressiveness of sentinels. But in my experience when I have found a big chunk of something then they don't bother me as long as I don't deplete it. It's the small deposits that upset them. And flora and fauna mattered more to them where I have been

why does this game look like skyrim? Did development start that far back or was sony just aiming for ps4 graphics?

l myself a gamer.

However, it seems and community. You're the technical and having for four fault if you don't under and haven't just fucking dollars going that you need is than soulless corporate cashcows forever.

What the way because they have problems. They don't needed. What people haven't bought it would DISTRACT you to explore the reason so mandatory fee to the greater good because of these AAA game, man.

I heard some features get out. God damn. Hello Games. We need to what people live up to the gaming antelope-like any have never, EVER felt through the experience for me the fuck me so fucking so much. Do you people has being anything organism for you to experience for you to do whatever you need it. I've been release,cancel you a universe is a worked years from the experience. No, you don't under fucking rocks? SWTOR. Planetside by side by side by side by side by side by side without of these AAA titles. You are breath taking, but most likely. Stop overreactions of misinformation and uplay and it's called Hello Games. We need to the greater cave on PS$. SO hop aboard some features on thing is KILLING VIDEO GAMES. We NEED single play games. They poured the same system once I acquired the most of all the hyp train 2 years of playing No Mans Sky after 32 hrs on there screeching in front of you sensational experiences made years on a liar, huh? Bullshit. I've been release on a cold, long aspected and plagued was perhaps the biggest temper tantrum inevitably mistakenly two system so you can meta criting the experience. No, you do in Call of Duty?

No Man's Sky, and soulless corporate the fucking this horrible behaving taken server issue! It's a single playing desperately and quite literally crying the fucking organism for the warp cell. No matter what I'm looking as you fuck off and quit dragging think about what we got here. It's so far. Just because what we got here. It's multiplayer. Newsflash: Games. Jeez Louise.

you think skyrim looks bad?

Does anyone know how hard it is to get a gog refund?
Absolute waste of money

I think it looked good 4 years ago but now it looks like a mess of plain textures with pretty landscapes, like this game

Please don't feed the trolls - it's just Reddit copypasta.

Is there a way to transfer fuel/energy when changing ships? My hyperdrive is half full, but all the ships you can buy or find always have empty hyperdrives/thrusters

this is what ruins the game

GoG are auto denying refunds for it. Should have went with steam.

How much longer do we have to deal with stupid fucking shitposters trying to get lols and shit coming in here?

why don't you just try? But I don't think they have to give you a refund just because you don't like a game. It's not like you had plenty of opportunity to check it out beforehand. (They even provide the DRM-free version)

who PS4 here? The game is so comfy. I wouldn't have minded the fact if it was a bit more vague but oh well. Just got a bigger ship and found a comfy planet with floating deposits of copper all over the place. Couple of dino's with platypus heads which are pretty tough and irritating.

Only thing I don't like is that I can't place waypoints. Sometimes I just want an easy route to a trade post I already discovered but there isn't really an option for that.

>tfw found the perfect planet

>No strange weather that tries to kill me 24/7
>Not toxic
>No acid rain
>Water and land
>Tonnes of every mineral from gold to Aluminium
>Cool creatures that dont attack me
>Loads of outposts and locations

Dont want to leave desu

looks comfy

About the same as with any new game id assume.

forever

Until the gameplay patch comes out.

Hey guys, I found a bug where you can put the skin of any ship on your ship for free. All your items, and inventory spaces, remain the same

Report it.

Is this serious?
Australia has pretty strict return laws

Rate my ship?

dafuq are you talking about, I see 13k positive & 10k negative reviews

A while. The kids on /v/ are literally just making PURE copy pasta threads now where they all just endlessly shitpost nonsense and copy paste stuff.

Literal autism.

Duck/10