Sup Veeky Forums...

sup Veeky Forums, just got a tool chest to house all of my bullshit so it wouldnt keep ending up behind every corner of the garage
sooo post your tools n shit

Cool
I have the 7 drawer version of that box at work. It's nice.

yeah its a pretty good box for only $250. i didnt really want to spend 400-500 on a bigger chest

whyd you buy a husky for your house. should have just gotten harbor freight

no harbor fright in alaska bruv. life is suffering.

how horrible

Harbor Freight boxes are better than p. much all non tool truck brand boxes.

A few years ago I set my toolbox on a stool in my garage because I needed to get to something that I had stored behind it. It fell off, landed on a corner and got slightly warped. Since then all of the drawers hang and are hard to open and shut... It's a pain in the ass.

I haven't replaced my toolbox because I didn't want to spend $200+ on a replacement, I never even thought about going to harbor freight and seeing what they had to offer. I'll probably go check them out next week sometime.

I use my roll cart professionally every day and for $200 it simply cannot be beat. I drag it around gravel driveways, and probably have it loaded with more tools than my matco double bay pictured. The rest of their us general pro tool boxes are of similar quality and value.

sounds good to me, I might go pick up pic related next week then, do these come pre-assembled or are they just in pieces in a box?

The tool box portion of the roll cart is already assembled, but everything else requires user assembly.

It should take about 30 min and I highly recommend having a friend help you set the box onto the legs. That box is surprisingly heavy.

I'm not really sure that it would see a useful purpose in a home garage, though. If you don't need the high mobility of a roll cart I'd suggest a 44" roll cab instead.

Well, right now I just have a regular 3/2 house with a garage in the suburbs. I'm planning on selling my house soon, buying some acreage back out in the country where I'm from, building a 30'x50' metal shop building with like 350-400 sq ft of living quarters inside and 1000 sq ft of shop space with a couple of bays, vehicle lift, etc to work on cars, trucks, tractors, and other equipment. I think the roll cart would be nice to have with that setup.

Id still say a roll cab is a more essential storage solution than a roll cart even though my roll cart is used far more often.

Well right now I've got shelves, cabinets, and a couple of work benches with storage underneath that I use to store my power tools and bigger things. The toolbox / cart would mainly be for hand tools -- socket set, wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, etc.

My cart is p. much maxed out on capacity at this point the inventory is

>master set of metric/sae 1/2 impact sockets
>master set of metric/sae 3/8 GP duo sockets
>about 9-10 different ratchets in 1/4-1/2
>6 hammers of various weights and types
>various plier set assortment
>pry bars of different lengths
>phillips and flathead screwdrivers in holes on the side
>mini picks
>1/2 gun
>3/8 cordless gun
>master set of sae/metric gearwrench ratchet wrenches
>master set of sae/metric combo wrenches
>allen/torx/screwdriver socket set
>screw gun and bit set
>die grinders and air blows
>nut drivers

Shit I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but it has 95% of what I need to do my job, but you will still need a storage solution for specialty tools like torque wrenches, rolling head pry bars, air hammers, 12 point sockets, snap ring pliers, etc.

If you ever want some ideas or tool reviews garage journal is probably the most complete database of tool knowledge on the internet.

Hmm, now you have me seriously considering the roll cab instead.. I probably have close to enough things in my current toolbox to fill up the roll cart already and I still need to get a good set of impact sockets, nut drivers, flex head wrenches, etc. I hate it when tool boxes are so full and cluttered that you have to dig around in them for 5 minutes to find the specific tool you need and can't even close the drawers because they're overflowing.

On second thought I should probably just wait until after I've sold my house and built a shop before I buy any more tools or tool storage, I'm gonna have enough shit to pack up and put into storage, no sense in adding even more at this point.

theres another box in the garage but i dont have a picture of it.

Muh box.

How much did the EPIQ run you?

Not mine, but prolly more than most people's shitboxes on Veeky Forums. Even used those things go for ~$5k without the stainless top with power outlets.

Got this one

Got it for $300, costco wants $800 for it

Staying mobile desu

>look them up
>new ones start out at $15k

so.. what all do these cabinets come with?

$12,895 MSRP, I traded about $4,500 worth of guns/optics for it. Luckily I bought them all when I worked at a huge gun shop, paid around $3,500 for them.

nothing. its a pointless waste of money that only paycheck to paycheck blue collar retards "invest" in.

paying 15k for a literal sheet metal box with wheel.

somehow I don't believe you

surely they come with sets of tools and diagnostic equipment right?

Why so salty? I work in a very white-collar job, pretty far from paycheck to paycheck. Did a blue-collar worker living paycheck to paycheck bang your mom while you were forced to watch?

im not joking, its just the box.
it's actually hilariously surreal that people buy this stuff new.

... what the actual fuck?

You could buy a really good used car or a brand new motorcycle for that kind of money.

wasn't talking about you. for one your box is in a garage which means you arent a mechanic. and for two you bartered for it.

why so defensive baby dick? buyers remorse?

>pretty far from paycheck to paycheck

There is your answer right there.

>only paycheck to paycheck blue collar retards

Your choice of words implied otherwise.

If I didn't barter for the new one I would have bought a used box of similar quality for somewhere around $3,000 or less.

I don't see it as an investment any more than being able to pass something nice down to my kids/grandkids in 50 something years.

You can't work on cars for a living with a good used car or a brand new motorcycle instead of a box and tools

no one wants a beat up 50 year old tool box.
its not a rolex. its sheet metal and wheels.

the mental hoops snapon box owners jump through are incredible.

3k is not expensive, so i don't know why you're even replying to me.
both of my posts talk about buying new not at super reduced used prices.

People buy new ones for the exact same reason people buy $22k new shitboxes, they can finance them

I have maybe a measly $7-10k in tools very few of those tools are truck brands, but $15,000 is a fairly insignificant sum for an experienced tech. A good experienced tech can make upwards of $80k/yr and will have a tool collection valued at over $100k.

The auto repair industry gets a bad rap because there are many people that just cannot cut it. The work is often labor intensive and requires good critical thinking and logic skills. It's amazing to me how many people are completely void of any real work ethic.

So buy a $1000 or $2000 box and spend the other $13k on tools then?

>if you dont buy a $12k toolbox what are you supposed to put your tools in?
nice reduction argument.

>th-thanks grandpa.. for the old tool box..

>have friends that are techs finance ridiculously priced toolboxes
>complain about never having money
>I picked up a Matco roller off craigslist for 250
>picked up a mac chest for 400
>buy shitty/broken tools off craigslist and ebay on a daily basis
>exchange them through snap on
>not in debt

Honestly it's a convenience thing for most techs. "Shit, I need a new breaker bar, oh, here's the snap on guy, I'll just add it to my account". Two weeks later: "we are really picking up and I'm earning more hours. I've had to buy more tools and need a place to store them. I guess I'll just finance a new chest through the tool truck and add it to my account".

The next thing you know, techs can barely afford to live because they are spending all of their money paying off the tool truck guy.

Fucking this. If I can't afford to pay cash for anything but a house then I don't fucking need it.

I've always wondered how those tool trucks could ever be profitable.. It makes sense now that I know most techs working at the places on those tool truck's routes have upwards of $20k worth of shit financed through them.

Why would it be beat up? It's obviously not in a shop where idiots can run into it, and smart people don't just open the drawers and throw their tools in from 15 feet away.

That's why snap on, cornwell, blue point, mac, etc are so expensive. Average Joe home gamer isnt going to spend 65 dollars on a quarter inch drive ratchet, but a tech that can finance it will

I can usually get around 20-35% off msrp just buy paying with cash. Tool truck owners are very negotiable when you pay up front.

A lot of their shit is just flat out overpriced but there are a few gems that just don't have an equal. Snap on's line of dual 80 ratchets is fucking flawless. Mac tools has a cordless impact that runs on a dewalt platform but has over twice the torque. The bwp138 is really in a class of its own. I throw a little business to the trucks every blue moon, but the vast majority of my tool purchases are from online retailers like tooltopia.

I am so jealous if you rich fags who can afford tools and jacks, meanwhile I just have to deal with the problem or limp my car to the Mexican mechanic down the street

Dude, craigslist. Buy some ramps, two jack stands, and a jack. You'll spend 150 tops. I'm by no means rich, I just buy everything used. If it breaks, I exchange it, if it looks like shit, I spray paint it. Pretty simple stuff desu

>get job
>save ~$500

You can buy a bluetooth OBD adapter, torque pro app for Android, floor jack, 2 jack stands, screw drivers, allen wrenches, a decent torque wrench, and a big set of sockets, ratchets, and wrenches brand new for $500 or less. That'll be enough to do 90% of the basic maintenance / repairs on your vehicle and with the bluetooth adapter you can read codes and do a lot of diagnostics.

You can buy other tools as you discover a need for them or just rent them for next to nothing from an auto parts store if it's a specialty tool that you'll likely never use again.

Seems like a great time to post my chart, start saving

oh hey, got the same air gun.

Some of the guys complain that it's too top heavy and that the switch is akward to flip, but I find the weight to be perfect for absorbing impact torque and the switch is exactly where my thumb easily reaches.

The only thing I'd change is the torque dial, it shouldn't be embedded with the direction switch, that IS akward... but meh, holds its own against more expensive Ingersol guns.

I don't listen to people who bash ff

Remove corded drill from the list. Those things will put you in a hospital very easily. Also add dukes or side cutters to the list under pliers.