Im renting a car in Cali and the contract says that the car is only allowed to be driven in California and Nevada...

Im renting a car in Cali and the contract says that the car is only allowed to be driven in California and Nevada. Company is Midway reservations.

I asked them if I could pay a fee and allow me to go through Arizona for a day or 2 and they said its not possible.

Whys that?

Insurance? would they have GPS trackers in the car?

I just need to go to the Grand Canyon for the day which isnt that much further from Nevada.

Fuck them and go somewhere else?

My dad has rented a car to go from LA to Arizona (which is where the Grand Canyon is I believe) so tell that car rental company to go fuck themselves and take your business elsewhere.

I really wish I could.

But they have the car I want at a great price and willing to rent it to a 22 year old which they dont usually do (had to pretty much beg over the phone lol).

Might give the Great Canyon a miss.. but Im willing to risk it if there isnt any GPS trackers in the car...

Just go and don't tell them.

My dad rented a car and drove from SF to Oregon and back. He was supposed to pay extra to leave the state. When he returned it, the guy scanned it and saw that it had gone over 1500 miles in two days, so he was like "where tf did you go" and my dad was just like "...around".

Yeah I guess, I was actually going to go LA to San Diego to Phoenix to Canyon

But since Im not insured I might just go straight to Vegas then take a day trip to the Canyon to reduce risk.

Why is commiefornia the worst state?

For that kind of bread, you could just buy a beater and abandon it later.

Nigga what? I rented plenty of cars at 22, all you need to do is pay an extra fee. Go with Enterprise or really any of the big national chains.

YOU ARE NOW AWARE THAT SIMPSON IS A FUCKTUATION OF THE WORD "SIMULATION" AND "PERSON"

because youre insecure about your flyover state

What car is it?

Who cares. Once they give you the car you can do what you want with it. I doubt the min wage lot rats will give you any trouble over it.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Ford Mustang current gen coupe

>at a great price
whats the price?

I thought it would be the sedan.

>Whys that?
They probably don't have a license to operate in AZ and without that there's no insurance. That also means that if you have no proof of insurance yourself then if you get stopped in AZ you're likely to get yourself a several hundred dollar ticket for no insurance and if the cop's a real dick you're walking from there while the car is impounded.

I'd find a place that doesn't place a restriction on my travel plans instead.

>I asked them if I could pay a fee and allow me to go through Arizona for a day or 2 and they said its not possible.

They probably didn't register and pay for the various types of business licenses in arizona since there is probably a business transit vehicle license, a pollution license, and car registration fees as well.

The legal definition of theft has several clauses in my state. So you should check the california state law as well as court precedent decisions. In my state, one of the definitions of car theft from a registered business includes the explicitly unauthorized removal of the vehicle. That means if there is a contract saying you cannot take the car across the ocean to australia, and you do that, they can file car theft charges against you. Similarly, if the contract doesn't let you drive it across the country to New York, and you do so, they can file theft charges against you because that car now has no legal permission. You have no permission to be in possession of that car in australia, new york, or arizona.

You'd be screwed if they decided to file theft charges against you. That would be Grand Theft Auto which is a felony. Chances are they would not do that because they would offer you a court settlement which even for $25,000 you'd "gladly" accept because once you have a felony conviction on your record, it hangs over the rest of your life. Worst of all, with a felony, you lose the right to vote for Donald Trump in 2016. Now that is the real tragedy.

If the car is from GM with Onstar, those cars have GPS and phone home its location all the time and even the speed, tire pressure, and other car stats.

I think he meant as oppose to the convertible

>would they have GPS trackers in the car?

How do you detect or find a GPS tracker in the car? I assume these are the cheap types similar to what a bank installs into cars that are sold through risky loans. The GPS helps the bank repo the car if the loan is not paid on time.

why not just buy a shitbox on cl and have fun?

>why not just buy a shitbox on cl and have fun?
Too much trouble and risk of problems.

Just look under the dash, anything not OEM is it. They don't put a lot of work into hiding it because they know the degenerates that buy such cars will put no more effort into finding it than they do for paying the loan.

Will wrapping foil around it stop it? Or something else is needed? Don't want to damage it and disconnecting it would probably cause it to reset thus showing it was disconnected and then reconnected.