/indie/ - Indie Games General

Big Nuke Edition

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=as3FIlv7v9k
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551843897
magicdweedoo.itch.io/ticket
store.steampowered.com/app/499440/
landfall.se/tabs-alpha-sign-up
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So what's indie playing or making?

Not really. I'd call it painfully mediocre.
>Tried to use OFF's style and tone wothout understanding either
>Literally had an NPC of the batter who said SUITS was better than OFF
>Literally had stolen assets of joy mutants from LISA
>5 hour game leading to a 2 minute ending
>None of the story progresses in any good way that makes sense

Overall, you're losing more time than you are losing money

Playing NMS
its shit

NMS?

No man's sky

Wait what. Did they really have the batter saying that? Like couldn't they get in trouble for stealing assets from Lisa? Like wasn't that game filled with like memes and stuff too?

Isn't it like just a generic sandbox survival game?

Yeah, the worst part is that the batter wasn't even hidden and was required to get the first mission done. (he's just kinda standing there, you fight a ghost called mortis and the batter says that the mc and the game of suits is better)
Later on take a drug trip and there's just random stolen joy mutants walking around. I'm not sure if they could get in trouble for it but they should.

Yes except it was WAY overhyped

The one joke I ever chuckled at was a part where due to a legal typo all law houses were required to have at least two basketball courts in them.
but then a basket ball tentacle monster attacked and the space jam theme started playingI'm not joking

AI War

HOW ARE THEY NOT GETTING IN TROUBLE FOR THAT

What in the world is even happening?

So what do you mean by not understanding off's art and tone don't mind me asking? What did Off get that Suits didn't about the style?

Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.

OFF
>Consistent tone
>interesting, yet easy to read style
>Limits illustrations to battle screen
>illustrations are well made
>Elsens don't realize how shitty their life is, they are effectively part of the system
>Elsens are really just normal people who work less than optimal jobs
>cohesive world that is strange but follows it's own logic

Suits
>Babies being killed grusomely followed by come on and slam
>similar style, but too muddled to tell what's going on
>Illustrations everywhere
>illustrations are more in line with a grade schooler's scribbles
>Suits know how bad the system is and complain about it, but don't do anything about it
>Suits are business men who also double as assassins, sales men, debt collectors all at once
>you walk into a building take a shit on the floor and a T rex breaks down the window randomly and you fight it, Basket ball randomly becomes a monster, other nonsensical shit

The thing is that while playing you really get the feeling that it wants to be a spiritual successor to OFF, but it just isn't serious enough about it to work.

So basically suits is sorta trying to be too many things at once without having a set idea of what it truly is?

yeah.
It can't fully make an idea of whether it wants to make a statement about the corporate world or just be straight meme fun time

Overall, i'd only suggest it to those who absolutely love rpg maker games.

The combat is pretty bad even by RPGM standards

Kyanna is best Hunie. 10/10 would Pop.

youtube.com/watch?v=as3FIlv7v9k

Any draw suggestions?

I keeps seeing that around, what is it?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551843897

What's wrong with the combat? Just sorta bland?

klocki

Thanks, loving the art style.

magicdweedoo.itch.io/ticket
3 days boys

>What in the universe is even happening?

Fix'd

Buddy spawn camping and killing wayne from hylics over and over in the afterlife while his three party members just sit on that one couch near the spawn point laughing at him constantly dying.

What's that?

A puzzle game of sorts. Made by the same guy who did HOOK.

store.steampowered.com/app/499440/

Oh wow I'm digging the artstyle. I might get it sometime. is it pretty good? Also what's hook?

Goal is to connect sort of unique puzzle pieces by swapping inbetween them to make a pattern.

HOOK is a puzzle designed around locks in the shape of hooks you need to untangle.

Both jump straight into action and easy to get into at first, but increases the difficulty level per solved puzzle

Ayy lmao

>Bleh! Bleh!
That was a good episode

cute

Does anyone have Totally Accurate Battle Simulator yet?

It reminds me of a flash game from the 90's I used to play and I want the nostalgia but I can't find a download.

God I've been looking for that game. it looks amazing.

landfall.se/tabs-alpha-sign-up

Tried that, been on their list for months.

Could've announced it on imgur with a direct to download like with Clustertruck,

You're really thirsty for a clothless version huh?

But that's gay tho

Ain't gay if it's got da tiddy

I think I'm going to redraw that if you don't mind Karb.

What's the worst indie game that's not even enjoyable in a so bad it's good way and what's the best so bad it's good indie game?

> what's the best so bad it's good indie game?

Bad Rats

Hotline Miami

Why must you do this.
Bad Rats don't exist it. It never happened. It was all a dream!

Go ahead

So why did she cancel this

Because she's lazy

Probably harder than she expected. Games are pretty difficult to make. How many lisa mods and fan games even exist now that I think about it.

There's only like 3 mods and no fan games out

I picked up Copy Kitty yesterday night. I'm not normally a fan of Kirby style cutesy stuff but it's pretty fun.

I am trying to play through all the /indie/core kinda games. Just finished OFF and really liked it. Looking for other surreal RPG like stuff.

.flow and yume nikki if you like walking exploring games.

Jesus.

>Found out Mordre was the murderer
>Got the guy selling Hercules publically shamed
>got the assassin off the hook legally
>Jack Quicksilver won't give me the next part of the questline and disappears

I want my fixer, you fucking nigger!

What was the Beautiful supposed to be about again? Was it the AU where instead of keeping Buddy locked up in a basement, Brad and a disguised Buddy traveled from place to place together?

What game are you talking about?

Underrail. I didn't the exact same stuff in my last run, and got the questline continued, so I don't know what I did wrong.

The thing I did different here was kill the beast before getting the assassin off the hook, so I guess I'll do what I did last time and discover the serial killer in the city and THEN get the assassin off the hook.

Still, I got to load up a save a couple levels back, and lose a few hours of progress. Lame.

So why we so dead right now?

It was an au expect buddy never left the house and buddy\brad are on the run from rando army.

Doesnt really work considering buddy hates brad

She didn't hate Brad all the time. We saw her happily putting make-up on his face at the start of the game, and was more pleading with him when he found her behind Wally's place. She didn't start being all "I HATE YOU DAD REEEEEEE" until after she saw Brad kill Marty.

What does indie think of devil daggers? ALos anyone have any best times?

The vita general and indie should become United

Why?

So what's indie playing?

Stardew valley

Who you gonna marry?

No one

I wonder if there are any stardew valley mods that let you milk who ever you marry like a cow?

THIS TOO WAY TOO LONG TO DO

Woops, wrong version. Sorry.

Just as a joke, right haha

This is no laughing matter

I don't think it exists but I would't be surprised all things considered. If it doesn't then we need it to.

Rip indie.

Fug u midson

Hey, not my fault no one's talking much.

IT WILL BE GOOD

Beep

Cute, whats the difference between the two?

I meant to make the final frame stay a bit longer like Karbonic's gif.

Could you speed up the frame rate on the middle frames? I think it would make it a bit smoother

More like this?

RIP Arcen Games

What's Arcen Games?

So why did Dingaling say lisa was the evilest character in Lisa or something along those lines?

She was a cunt

They made Tidalis and AI War, also Bionic Dues.

Their latest game was a commercial failure so they had to lay off employees

God I'm stupid! I'm so sorry for posting this again but I forgot her left arm on the last frame.

Oh wow that's too bad. Any chance of them coming back or are they basically done for?

I'm not sure. They might be working on a new game but I'm guessing it'll be a smaller one.

Problem is is that they've had real trouble getting the attention of journalists. The only one that really pays attention to them is Rob Zacny.

Wonder why that is? You'd think people would be talking about them more in the news considering their track record.