/scg/, /edg/: Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General

Thread #8: Planetary Death edition

>What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/UNEJYGHp
>2.5 is PTU now btw
-----------------------------------------------------------

>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.
Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ngckGufJ
vmashup.com/0U2h5PGl
youtu.be/3wAOqjBZ6dc
robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals
pastebin.com/gnA9XLMC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting

Hey, for all you fags grinding rank in E:D, I got a breakthrough for you.

At 100% I got no missions, doing 17 Drac. Refreshed for 20 minutes. Decided "fuck it" and did more donation missions. As soon as I hit 5% into the next rank, the mission immediately popped into the mission board without refreshing. Curious, I cycled modes a few times, and there was a fed navy mission every single time. Tried it next time I hit 100%, same result, nothing until 5-6% into the rank, then 100% there. So if you're cycling with no luck, maybe this info will help.

Sorry if it's old info, but I never came across it.

Forgot to add: pastebin.com/ngckGufJ

useful list of stuff for other games

Well Dreadnought-user, looks like I can't join a game or play a training match, keep just getting back to hangar. Time to play NMS again.
Too bad about the key you sent :^) me.

I know I shouldnt get so hyped for Gamescom.

But damn I hope they tell me SOME kind of fucking content is getting released into SC.

Because I can only take Korea for so long.

Even if it says 100%, you may not actually be exactly at 100%. It's annoying.

nth for comfiness

The most that can be released at gamescom is 2.5. The more important thing is when they show what they're working on to prove they aren't sitting on their ass, so planets FPS and shit. Expect FPS around the time citizencon happens or slightly before it.

If you want stuff like another solar system, procedural planets right now, you might as well forget about SC until march next year to make the wait easier. Or you can go full blown masochist and come back in 2018.

Re-asking because dedthred
Is X3 Terran Conflict any good?

>tfw playing Elite and listening to Carbon Based Lifeforms

Why even live... I've funded the game of the next generation. I'll be like 85 when this game comes out.

Are you autistic enough to want to bother building up huge starbases with poorly made tools and then put up with the retarded AI having to run trade routes between your stations or your stations and NPC stations?
If yes, go for it.
Combat kinda blows, btw. Had fun when I had a big ship with AI crewed turrets and a fleet of smaller ships, but never before.

>autistic enough
I play dwarf fortress
>putting up with retarded ai
I play dwarf fortress

Sounds like my kind of game!

You might as well accept it now. This game will take another 3 - 3.5 years. Forgetting about it is the hard part, but those first few months of trying to forget will make the next 3 years easier to bear. I'm planning to forget about the game starting right after gamescom. I don't really care for the single player aspect so citizencon isn't particularly interesting enough to come back.

It's really a whole lot easier to do when you have classes, a sport, a job, or something to take up your time.

alright niggers i'm sick of erectile dysfunction's shitty combat, I want a different kind of shit. Is there anything like freelancer that isn't freelancer?

>This game will take another 3 - 3.5 years

That way of looking at things is totally wrong. There is already a game, playable, that they are constantly updating and providing customer service for.

We'll have the whole of the Stanton system to explore before the end of the year, after that comes more systems, while at the same time bigger and bigger ships will be coming online and flyable.

pirate nms

no, fuck, i respect myself too much

how about 20 m50s with laser repeaters

This is targeted at killing players. Guaranteed to be the most overpowered murder machine in the game day 1

Just tried it again, it definitely feels like it drifts more and the slower acceleration is noticable as well.

It's in 3D and you'll have to deal with travel time and handling your ship too.
Give it a try.
TC has more mods, IIRC.

Anyone know how accurate these numbers are? All the sources say is "Wikipedia" which is lol within itself.

>TESO took 7 years to make
o lawd

House of the Dying Sun

I get a feeling that ESO's development time had a lot of scrapping the previous project and starting fresh again which is why it took so long.

Yeah, those are all correct. There was another one with way more games that was mostly lies, but that one is right.

The big difference with SC is that the development has been completely open.

see
This pastebin needs to be specifically pointed out next thread in the OP for alternative games to SC and ED. Don't want my work to go to waste

what do we have right now?
3 space stations with a few other probes
3 planetary objects (that we cannot land or fly in, yet)
lots of fighters with a few other kinds of ships.

What do we still need?

All careers: mining, cargo, refueling, repairing, everything.
Many more ships that are larger with specific ways of usage
Economy
NPCs that are more than just pirates and police
plenty more space stations
Everything First Person Shooter
Procedural planets + 100 star systems with many landing zones

I can just keep going on, but I don't feel like it. This alpha is missing so much of what the base game will need that I don't even have to explain it all. Given the recent progress, I personally think that a Q3 2020 launch is reasonable. They have so much shit to do that it's unreal, so I made my estimate 2.5 years higher, which was originally set for 2018.

Do not dupe faggots into thinking this game will release as described in the near future. I'm not saying this because lul derekt shart maym. I'm just trying to be realistic with what we have, what we know, and what we don't have.

They're correct, but I remember a different one that was white with better scope.

I'll be sure to include it in next OP. I clicked post and remembered about it.

>And remembered about it

All good. Though I just meant stating that it's a list of alternatives, so that people know to check it out if they want to check out other stuff.

aw shit nigga you guys da best

>whole of stanton
>this year

Prepare to be disappointed. Late January for evocati with 2 or 3 weeks PTU.

I think the kickstarter was the biggest mistake on the entire idea of making Star Citizen in the first place.

Like. For example. A publisher has some say in what the developer can and cant do, based on budget and time. And I feel like that's exactly what they need right now. Is someone breathing down their necks, saying. "Why are we spending so much money making ships when we dont even have anything to do with the ships"

And we as players who love a game that we let our imaginations run wile can say "Oh man, but in 2018 when this game comes out. It's gonna be the shit" without ever having to prove anything to ourselves or anyone else.

I think Chris Roberts is just afraid of a publisher telling him to hurry up, and to cut features. And that's almost 100% of the reason he went to kickstarter. Because I can almost guarantee with the stuff he had to make the kickstarter successful, he could have sold the idea to a publisher with a fuckton of money and resources.

>getting disillusioned now, NOW of all times

I would have understood a year ago when no info was coming out and it seemed like it might actually be a scam, but now? With all this info getting pumped out, with Star Marine and 2.6 right around the corner? A week away from Games come?

I hope they manage to somehow license The Animals for a trailer.

vmashup.com/0U2h5PGl

Not who you replied to, but
>publishers
>allowing this amount of freedom, openness, and ambition

I don't think you know publishers well enough. I do not want this game rushed because a publisher wants to compete for some spot. Yes, it's taking a long time, but new IPs always do. I have enough other stuff going on that waiting for a game isn't terribly difficult like some person who's here every single day reading every single peace of information they can get.

Anyway, they made tons of money and hired hundreds of people. I think they can do it.

it's Veeky Forums
disillusionment with anything is sort of our deal

I'm quite certain that they have a lot of that somewhat working internally to some degree. Remember the Lando leak with like 40gb of assets nobody had ever seen? I'm sure that, in the 1-1,5 years, they made significant progress and have even more stuff stashed away to bring out when appropriate.

>alliance mining engineer in Kuk system
Top Zozzle

You forgot to list that what we have now is a functioning engine with a fleet of mostly fighters, and even nearly cap ship sized vessels with their own internal physics.

The main thing the game needs right now is some kind of trading, and that will be coming soon.

I never said anything about the game being released as described soon, just that it is already a game that you can play, and there is going to be way more of it pretty damn soon. I still don't' think they'll be able to expand to anything like the size they promised for years though.

Chris Roberts went to publishers. No one was interested.
He even went to EA and they told him to make Call of Duty

>I think the kickstarter was the biggest mistake on the entire idea of making Star Citizen in the first place

Seeing that it became the most successful crowdfunded project ever, and kickstarter is the whole reason we are even getting this game in the first place, you couldn't be possibly more wrong.

Stop whining about a game halfway through its development not being finished yet.

The actual mistake was the feature creep in the crowdfunding campaign that followed the kickstarter, they should've dialled that down way way faster than they did. It's not like it stopped money coming in.

What's a Star Marine?
FPS in SC's universe? Like Dust 514, except good?

>Because I can almost guarantee with the stuff he had to make the kickstarter successful, he could have sold the idea to a publisher with a fuckton of money and resources.

Then you are completely fucking delusional.

>halfway

I'll tell you when we see or hear anything about it.

>I'm quite certain that they have a lot of that somewhat working internally to some degree.

Do not become that person. I personally refuse to believe it until I see it. We have no evidence that any of the careers, aside from perhaps the beginning of law enforcement (lol) is in any kind of basic state of utility. Disco dropped a leak of a few early WIP capital ships for Sq42. Wow. While it does show they had stuff they didn't tell us about yet, a few capital assets are nothing compared to a working game mechanic like mining, tied into the whole economic system they plan to have.

>capital sized
wrong. The smallest capital ship we know of is the Idris. I will agree, however, that the zoning system is impressive for the room rendering stuff.

35% maybe. Halfway point (personal opinion) will be two solar systems connected in alpha. After that, all groundwork is set and they can build everything off of it very quickly.

Did you blank out the word before capital?

I would like to see at least one career... One.

this Not even close to halfway bruv. I still stand by my 4 more years estimate. In time, yes, it would be halfway if it does release in 2020, but content wise? no higher than 15%, if their stretch goals were any indication of what they have left to do.

Yeah, supposed to be a "training mode" in the PU, that functions as a TDM shooter.

>if their stretch goals were any indication of what they have left to do
Most of the stretchgoals are supposed to be post-release .

With a game like this, the tech is the hard thing to get right. They've already got the most impressive technical feature working.

> In time, yes, it would be halfway if it does release in 2020, but content wise

What the fuck did you think I meant by halfway? Obviously content wise they have barely started, think of much they spent just "developing pipelines".

Didn't Roberts show some of the scavenger, talking about how their tools strip away chunks of the ship, and you'd have to know valuable spots on ships to strip it quickly?

Trading will be the first one in I think, and thats when it'll start to come together.

I was more talking. One career in the game that we can play with. But I would love to see this footage if you can find it, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Please find it. Im desperate.

>What's a Star Marine?

Two teams of people with FPS weapons and armor shoot the dogshit out of eachother. If I recall correctly one of the flagship game modes is Capture The Idris. It's supposed to be a simulation of a boarding party fighting a security party. Don't know how close we are to having the Idris in-game, but I'd expect Team Deathmatch to be the first game mode.

Don't expect wide open battlefields with vehicles from Star Marine. That kind of shit might come later on down the line now that procedural planets is being fucked with but not any time soon.

Not him, but the first career to be implemented is apparenlty cargo which will be after 2.7

we have quite a while to go, my Star Citizen friends.

incorrect. It was stated explicitly that those things were meant for the start of the game. Many star systems, all of the careers, and the economy are essential for what SC plans to be. Launching the game without them would kill it.

After flying it in combat and in the PTU thing against two hornets I am really split between upgrading to an M50 or keeping the 325a and maybe getting some Mustang for racing

youtu.be/3wAOqjBZ6dc

This is the video he was talking about. It's since been removed though.

>It was stated explicitly that those things were meant for the start of the game
CR said multiple times that a majority of stretchgoals is stuff they'd like to do at some point, not necessarily on the initial release.

I think he initially planned for it all to be done at release. Took a step back after having money shoved in his face.

And then said "oh fuck, how am I going to do this"

Whatever you do don't make decisions that involve real money based on the current PTU balance, everything is always up in the air.

Get the m50. From a person who got wrecked by a group of 3 of these in BR, I can tell you they are stupidly hard to hit.

:^)

robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

ctrl - f "launch".
100 star systems. If they can make these with their respective landing zones (3 or 4 for huge systems, maybe 1 or 2 for small ones) then I have no doubt they can make all of the other stretch goals reality at launch as well, given ample time.

OP/whoever may post the next thread. I realized that I forgot a couple games (Dual Universe, Space Engineers, etc) so I made a new one and added them to it. Title updated to differentiate from the old version

pastebin.com/gnA9XLMC

True, I just had a blast dancing around the Hornets with cruise mode and boost.

Perhaps the 50 wouldn't even be so bad given that it's probably gonna stay fast either way.

I can only imagine if it's already that easy to evade combat with the 325. To bad I only ever drained one guy's shields before they ran.

Space Games were a mistake. Nothing but trash

ok

now tell me who the fuck is in charge of the SC pastebin. It needs updating.

No, it's the physical size of the m50. The bullets go around it half the time. I have no issue murdering 300 series ships.

Actually, what is the current top speed of the Mustang Gamma/Omega and the M50? I'm curious.

Freelancer had 70 systems at launch.

Freelancer also had a publisher breathing down it's neck.

>cargo which will be after 2.7
christ, no cargo till at least 2.8? I would hope they'll at least give us more accurate capacity numbers for ships before then or explain how the hell ship A can hold 30 units in the same volume of space that ship B only holds 12 units in.

and freelancer is a 13 year old game and does not have close to the amount of detail of SC. With procedural tech it will not be as hard, but they have lots of landing zones to go.

Freelancer had Microsoft breathing down their neck after the game was halfway developed.

Is it that small? I've not yet encountered one, but I've not been in AC.

Freelancer is still top shit though, except turret controls.

See

I didn't say it was a bad game though.

Also, yes, the m50 is a very hard ship to hit. It's fast, and it's tiny as all hell. Much like said, a large group of them is gg. You cannot win in that situation.

What is currently the best weapon loadout for an M50?

You're probably safe with 2 fixed laser repeaters. S1 guns are useless in this game, hence fixed. Ammo runs out quickly, hence energy weapons. Repeaters are consistent in damage and easy to use with fast cooldown speed, hence laser repeaters. You can try other guns if you want, but this seems like the best strat for now.

Seriously? I haven't played AC in a long time, but back when I was a top50 pilot flying M50s, the accepted wisdom was always to go for high dps low rate of fire, because you could never afford to spend too much time in any single position. Taking high damage potshots is the right way to fly M50, or at least it used to be.

>I'd expect
You sound like an elitedad

Alright. Going to get this out of the way right now because i've seen this a few times already.

What is a "dad" or "elitedad"

Is it an EVE joke?

Considering real life designs a bunch of heavy hitters aren't too stupid for a fast fighter.

Use the m50 in AC again."high damage potshots" mean absolutely nothing in a game with shields and fighters that have very powerful armor. I personally think it's best to make extended runs on enemies when they aren't shooting at you. Super hornets are easy targets because they're huge. Never stop moving btw, and get some friends to do the same. A squadron of 3 - 5 m50s kitted out like this are impossible to beat. You don't even have to be malogos or Snakeeyes because getting hit is just hard.

who?

I think the S2 tarantulas or the mass drivers are still your best shot of actually killing anything in a m50.

What's the REC stuff on their website again? Rentals?

ye

They're top dogfighters in AC. Forget that part if you don't know them.

shield regen is too fast these days and omiskies and (now) the mxa's overheat too fast.

>AC

being top anything in that FOTM shithole doesn't mean a whole lot but alright

Now I'm confused. I checked the store and saw the 325a should have that Klaus Sledge II massdriver. Mine doesn't have that thing but something else though and I'm positive I never touched anything on the ship up to now.

forget the superhornets with their strong shields and armor, go for the soft targets that are stuck with shitty default shields since CIG decided to remove the old shield upgrade system months before the new component system would be ready.

Looks like a Strife massdriver.

Current ones yes. Past ones were glorious for their time. The Elites. The Wing Commanders. The I-Wars. The Freespaces. X-Wing / Tie-Fighter / X Wing Alliance.

Current ones are sooooo fucked in comparison. I mean sure, House of the Dying Sun is good, but it's 3 hours.

they released a newer mass driver awhile back and replaced the stock loadout with that. Because they still think people will ever use mixed loadouts.

Shame, I liked the cannon looks of the old one over this glowing mess.

Why is it still listed as Sledge II on the shop for the ship though?

I would like to add that the myth of you can only get one ascension mission per faction is not false

I did my entire cutter grind in shu-bapasi(cant remember the exact name) with courier missions between 2 systems with same expanding factions

I can't decide what wing guns I should use for my Avenger.

Longswords, Tarantulas, or Neutron guns?

longswords