/eog/ - EVE Online General

old thread: permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg

>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: drilling platforms
>Fall: industrial arrays, barge visuals, AOE BOOST/LINK REWORK, Rorqual rework
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, damage/repping visuals, DX11 clouds performance boost, cargo notifications

Past:
>Jul 26: AT prizes: covops cruor and covops armor logi ashimmu
>Jul 23: Goons moving to Delve, SMA alliance closes
>Jul 19: Broski enters QFC, Rote super salty
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT 14 rule changes: 10 players, no cap-transfer, no jumpdessies, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event begins (shittiest one of the 3 so far), serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, tactical overlay vectors, new implants, legal drugs, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion give ECM immunity, mass fitting tool
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 31: RIP old camera, new multi-use analyzers introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 12: Name ships automatically with a saved fit name
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Apr 21: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/
>Mar 09: Massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits.
>Feb 09: SP trading
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/55548237/
researchgate.net/profile/John_Sherry/publication/259583577_Video_game_uses_and_gratifications_as_predictors_of_use_and_game_preference/links/54dc196b0cf28d3de65e9fed.pdf
researchgate.net/profile/Edward_Garrity2/publication/237151329_Player_Commitment_to_Massively_Multiplayer_Online_Role-Playing_Games_(MMORPG)_An_Integrated_Model/links/53fdc7af0cf2364ccc0905e9.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Admit it. EVE with quick capital accessibility would be the game's main feature. EVE has a rep for being an easy pace, and maneuvering a big ship with super powerful abilities would be reason enough to make ISK and enjoy the game.

Have you ever been in a big cap brawl?

10% tidi is bullshit. And if you make caps easy to get into, there's no sense of loss when they die, which takes most of the rush out of the combat.

>all cap fighting is tidi
The jump fatigue patch already happened.

Notice I specified BIG brawl?

five dreads a side is no different to five rifters a side if you make dreads quick and easy to get into.

dror plz go.

Admit it. EVE without dror would be the game's main feature.

>there's no sense of loss for 2-X billion ISK
Wew.

>five dreads a side is no different to five rifters a side
See above, plus the gameplay and sense of scale.

im not into PvP but he keeps killing me while i do missions or mine idk how he can afford to suicide with a hecate + good fit but he did it already 5 times on me and a few times on a friend

What gameplay difference is there between five dreads fighting five dreads, and five rifters fighting five rifters?

And do you now what I did when my dread died?

I went 'huh, that sucks', and bought a new one. 3b is not a lot of isk.

Post mail. Also hecates are really not expensive at all.

>What gameplay difference is there between five dreads fighting five dreads, and five rifters fighting five rifters?
A capital has a lot more standing ground than a Rifter. How is it not obvious?

>3b is not a lot of isk.
Not a real argument. Most players probably max out at 50m/hr.

oh yeah i just looked into it i thought t3 stuff ends in the 100+ mil but hecate really isnt expensive
i guess i will just stop mining in that sector and go somewhere else

Standing ground? What does that even mean?

And 50m/hr is sub level four mission income. It's sub totally AFK ratting in an ishtar money. If you can't make more than 50 fucking mil an hour then you're doing something badly wrong.

What the fuck do you imagine standing ground to suggest?

Not everybody has a cozy spot in nullsec to afk rat or whatever.

This is the most important thing "MUH QUICK ACCESS" fags fail to understand. Big cool ships are only cool because they take time to get into, easy access to them would just kill the game no one give a single shit about you welping fleets.

>A capital has a lot more standing ground than a Rifter.

not an argument.

Not everybody has the Ishtar unlocked or feels like grinding rep. I just PLEX anyway because PvE and scanning is boring.

>not a real arguement

Dror's post in a nutshell.

But it's not really dror, that man died months ago, just some weirdo masquerading as him for attention.

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck you mean. Do you think sitting perfectly still and shooting someone is an interesting part of pvp?

You make more than 50 mil running missions or especially incursions in fucking highsec.

>I just plex

19th for stale memes

When?

>Big cool ships are only cool because they take time to get into
>What is ISK making
Disregarding that, where's your research material as proof?

>b-but you don't have that
Power fantasy is common knowledge. There are multiple studies on MMO loyalty-developingn traits of games, qualia for interesting video games, and reasons to play (a la motivation theories).

How so? The original argument is the power fantasy.

>movement & logistics should be easier with investment

How old is that pic, m8? CCP are doing the exact fucking opposite.

Still or moving: KMs.

Quality content is a site rule.

>But if you have a rebuttal, why don't you post that instead

>mining
>investable

but how

>mfw even dogfag recognizes dror for what he is
>implying im not the real dogfag

You missed the
>weak spot for big groups

Which is how it should be funny. But babbies got mad when their JFs were JUST marginally less safe and threw a fit that they couldn't import an entire doctrine fleet in a single hour with 0 danger.

Make dreads easy access, and a dread KM is worth no more than a tornado KM.

>this whole post

>acting ignorant
Pls stop posting.

what can i do about someone who keeps following me to suicide me ? idk how he even found me i jumped 16 jumps on a custom route and yet 2 days later he again suicides me

>dror
>actually replying to posts not linked to him

Look, you obviously aren't dror, first off, he's dead. Second off, Dror would never do that, he's too autistic realize that person was talking to him.

Post your lossmails. It smells like you're doing something wrong.

>remove sp

that's even worse shitposting than the freckles and what's the best cereal faggotry from 2013.

>none of these people pictured here except guard still live to this day

RIP m80s

Not an argument.

>

Just like sp removal.

I'm still here m8, you know who. It's me.

So please explain how capital combat is any different to any other kind of combat m8. At no point have you even attempted to answer that one basic question in a way that makes any sense.

Fuck off Kevin.

inb4 it's different because I say so. Which is not an argument.

See the following.

The very first post answers that: it's easy-going, powerful, and the crux of what space games are often all about: big ships and lasers.

im just mining in 0,3-0,4 space he warps directly onto me scrams and webs me and kills me thats all

Easy going is not an argument, it's a conclusion.

...And that's different to literally any other kind of eve fight because...?

He's not suiciding you, you're in lowsec.

Also, a goal besides just making ISK -- an actual way to utilize it in the game. What is sov without capitals? What are capitals without flying them? More is better as much as the game's economy can support it. You can't prove this wrong.

Easy going isn't the main point.

>0,3-0,4 space

You can't mine there safely.

caps have little to do with sov these days.

>What is sov without capitals?

It would be sov. People would still be autistic without capitals.

m8, just stop. You have no arguments, you have no proof, you have nothing but your feelings.

it wasnt always in low sec he killed me twice while i was doing the career missions in high sec

he seems to follow me to kill me but idk why

Meme expert and master false-flagger here

Protip: The no SP guy and all the anti-no SP guys are the same guy

Feelings are not an argument btw.

Post Your Lossmail.

i will do later when im back from work i just made the kill right public and closed EVE that was enough frustration for today

What's your pilot name and I'll grab it off zkill

sorry but the last time i wrote it here in a post i got almost 1 bil bounty on my head

is this you

zkillboard.com/kill/55548237/

Bounty means nothing.

How are you going to post a lossmail without a name on it?

>...And that's different to literally any other kind of eve fight because...?
A capital can fight droves of other ships and stay on field. A capital can make loads of dosh.

Nobody says they are. See

Power fantasy is not an argument, it's fantasy.

Any ship can fight off droves of smaller ships and stay on field. Any ship can make loads of dosh.

How is a five on five dread fight any different to a five on five frigate fight.

blur my name or something idk
nop didnt mine when he killed me today i was doing missions

We can't help you with npo information friend. Give us your character name. Nobody gives a fuck about bounty.

To prove it, my main is Danika Princip, please bounty me I am bad.

Look it up, m8.

>Any ship can fight off droves of smaller ships and stay on field. Any ship can make loads of dosh.
Not true at all. "A rifter" isn't going to fight off multiples of anything, really, and even cruisers are going to get caught out by a proper frigate. Capitals are expensive and huge for a reason.

>Look it up, m8.

Still not an argument.

Got any real arguments as to why it's good? So far all you have are your feelings, friend.

Smaller. Nothing much is smaller than a rifter.

properly fit, a cruiser will eat multiple frigates.

Improperly fit, a capital will die to a single battleship. Or a frigate gang.

How is a five on five cap fight any different to a five on five frigate fight.

Holy shit, nerd. You not having any idea isn't a counter argument.

researchgate.net/profile/John_Sherry/publication/259583577_Video_game_uses_and_gratifications_as_predictors_of_use_and_game_preference/links/54dc196b0cf28d3de65e9fed.pdf

researchgate.net/profile/Edward_Garrity2/publication/237151329_Player_Commitment_to_Massively_Multiplayer_Online_Role-Playing_Games_(MMORPG)_An_Integrated_Model/links/53fdc7af0cf2364ccc0905e9.pdf

i just need to go somewhere else maybe 0,9 secs where its expensive to kill me i guess he will stop someday

He can kill you anywhere if he really wants to.

Post a fucking mail so we can give advice.

>How is a five on five cap fight any different to a five on five frigate fight
There's no reason to ask this question over and again with other topics to explore and it already being answered in this thread.

So now it's not your feelings, but the feelings of some strangers in those links.

Post some real arguments, kid.

M8, explaining what you like about video games is simple logic. You have no rebuttal.

Go look up motivation theories if so interested.

Those are not answers. 'standing ground' is a meaningless term, there's zero gameplay difference or scale difference.

>Theories

There is a reason they're called theories.

Wew, let's have another round of not an argument.

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that the navy caracal and navy drake need a buff.

i will just play on my alt for a while but thanks anyways

Can you really not contextualize "standing ground"? Have the internet?

>the theory of gravity doesn't have any merit

Explain what the fuck you mean. Because unless you literally just mean sitting still, I have no clue.

does he use the same ship everytime ? (hecate??)
because you could try to get a few friends together and bait him if you do that 4-5 times and he loses his ship everytime + pod he will most likely stop

Nah, I'm set. This thread cant hold up its end of the conversation.

not an argument

>uses a meaningless phrase
>refuses to explain it
>NAH YOU GUYS JUST SUCK IM OUT

>small gang forms up
>somebody asks if he can bring his maller

all my friends ingame are miner or PvE only and noone of us has the slightest idea how to PvP and even less how to fit a ship properly

Post a fucking mail so we can help.

>hiding your identity from /eog/

Ogga-bogga weez guna hont u dwn

At least post your fit, there is nothing we can do to help with such limited information.

did anyone bother with a polarized kestrel?

i dont have a fit anymore since he destroyed my last destroyer i used to rat i only have a covetor now and its fitted with 3 mod strip miner IIs and nothing else because if it gets ganked its dead anyways

>>>/zkillboard/

>covetor

Well there's your problem. Covetors have no tank. Fly a procurer, put shield extenders and adaptive invulnerability fields in the mid slots, put a damage control and a mining laser upgrade in the lows, use medium core defense field extender rigs, carry ecm drones. Suddenly you have several times the effective health you had in a covetor and no one wants to gank you any more.

So, why did RvB quit, and are they back, or is this a tax exploit on the name?

>Single-sentence posts without any punctuation or at least capital letters

Typical intelligence level of the average miner

I bet he doesn't even follow the code.

They no longer have programs or services but they still exist and are still at war.

this was my fit i dicked around in when he killed me (i know its shit and borderline useless probably but its enough against NPCs)

this is true im way too retarded for everything but mining thats why i do it ^^

>corax

I'm so sorry.