ITT post your ludes <3

99 lude

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/comparisons/honda-prelude-sh-page-10
youtube.com/watch?v=jj8lSFBVoAw
youtube.com/watch?v=TapkhD6WHjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fwd

How much horsepower does the fading paintjob add?

>fwd
Maybe the prelude is good if you cut off the trunk
I wonder how that'd go, remove everything after gas cap

The official response of
>I drive a miata

ill take diy paint any day over this.

why a prelude over a civic or accord

Prelewd

because civic and accord look like shit and are ricer as fuck

you better lude that ass up, boy

civic is a better platform to build off of
accord is more comfy
so what do you get out of the prelude

hey, that was mean and hurt my feelings. I drive a civic!

Moderators, please warn this user to not use hurtful language against others.

Thank you,

Marty

Nasty ass tail lights. Might as well put a spoiler and stickers while your at it.

got them for 35 bucks m8

its a significantly nicer looking car

Just get stock ones I like clean cut preludes like pic related.

Gen IV is best looker

cant compete, too pigfat

Prelude is plenty comfy. Power and heated everything with sunroof and leather. The only thing you "miss" is a boat like ride, because it's more sporty. And the SH models have atts which is still better than many of the systems out today to help reduce under steer.

you say that, with the Gen V cars always getting all the attention. Also the Non vtec Si gen IV weighed less than the vtec model

why does the prelude have to be so god damn heavy if its smaller than an accord and civic (according to stats)

And it has way more balls than either of those cars. 200 hp H22 makes it way more power vs weight compared to an accord, and if I'm not mistaken even the civic si of the time as well.

it is based on whatever accord platform is being sold at the time, and has some extra weight to accommodate for accord features not used in the prelude. it uses a heavier suspension system designed for more grip than the accord as well.

>muh power to weight

That's nice Chad But I don't care about stop light racing

So how do I do #weight reduction my family?
It's weird to me for it to be so small (generation 4) yet so heavy.

reduce unsprung weight, lighter suspension components. remove rear seats because they're useless anyway in such a small 2+2.
spare tire and carpets in the trunk.
beyond that, the hood is the most impactful body panel to swap out for weight, and also one of the easiest.

will I ever become the superman in one or will civic drivers always laugh at me in the time attacks and miata owners come in to pop my tires?

use special track day hood, destroy them all

So if the handling is great and the power is good even considering muh pigfat and there are enough power features that you can't complain about that you resort to name calling?

Why bother building a Prelude chassis when you can just go Civic?
Take a Civic, engine swap it. You now have a much better car than a Prelude.

>handling is great
come on senpai
the stock prelude is is an understeering dog

but they do have great handling

See
If I was to buy one I would want an SH or I would drop the extra thousand for a quaife. I hate open diff FWD in general.

>only car to understeer off track in the tsuchiya show

looks, mostly. People drive more CTS-Vs than Vettes.
what is understeer if steering also happens in the back?

caranddriver.com/comparisons/honda-prelude-sh-page-10

can you please remove the ugly ass mexirice cookie cutter tail lights you bought off ebay? you give us honda tuners a bad apperance.

holy shit you austic faggot are you still going on about that ONE video with that ONE driver, I remember you from thread a few weeks ago. Any car can understeer with driver error
I really wish shitposters like you would just kindly fuck off and leave

I'm thinking of getting this, but people seem to hate Preludes. There's also a stock sixth generation Civic hatch for the same price.
I don't really care about comfortable and luxury. I want a fun DD that I can learn more about cars and myself and learn the true meaning of friendship and improve my driving skill. Then when I git gud I want to use it as a car in motorsports.

So I don't really know.

>but people seem to hate Preludes

No they don't, Its just 1 or 2 fags shitposting

>people seem to hate Preludes

Stop basing your decisions solely on what others think!

shit i can smell a follower from a mile away these days

6th gen accord coupe is why the Prelude no longer exists.

>j30a1 has more hp and significantly more torque than h22
>on regular fuel vs premium
>gets better mpgs
>nearly same curb weight, my v6 accord says 1340kg in the manual (~2950lbs)

Besides the manual transmission, the only thing the Prelude has over the 6th gen Accord coupe is that it's slightly lower, has a tighter suspension, and has a different (not exactly better) interior. The Prelude just costs twice as much because rice tag while more abused by ricers.

The only reason Honda didn't put a manual transmission in the 6th accord coupe is because it would have killed the Prelude by being the same car.

>j30a1 gets better fuel economy
no
>The only reason Honda didn't put a manual transmission in the 6th accord coupe is because it would have killed the Prelude by being the same car.
they did put a manual transmission is these cars.

They never let you get the V6 with a manual until 7th gen. 6th gen only had manuals with J engines in Acura models like CL and TL.

I love the prelude, but the price was kinda forced due to the suspension design. the accord won't see much worse performance in a straight line or moderate curves. the prelude shines in tight corners and a V6 would make the thing far too nose heavy.

is JUN one still the best way to build a prelude? can you even get JUN parts in usa

you said they never put a manual trans in the 6th gen coupe not the 6th gen coupe with a v6 i assumed you meant in general they never put a manual trans in it.

They rebalanced weight for the V6 so it's not entirely nose heavy in comparison to a Prelude. Some things (like the gas tank) are in different locations on the i4 vs v6 to make the car less nose heavy.

I meant the one I'm comparing the Prelude to (the v6). The f23 isn't really comparable to the h22.

the prelude's shape (at least in the Gen IV) limited where they could place the engine and other components. the car was always aimed at being a GT coupe over a sports car.

that prelude sucks

I love my Prelude. There are plenty of ways to go faster for less money, but nothing feels the same. Too bad I probably won't finish building mine for a while yet.

Depends, which parts? There are plenty of other options though, depending on what kind of build you're going for. If it's the cams, get pro1's from Skunk2.

>implying that piece of shit is worth building or any performance

I don't care. I'm going to spend the time and money to do it right, and keep the car forever. Because I like it.

But it will probably be faster than what you drive anyway.

>But it will probably be faster than what you drive anyway.
it's not hard to be faster than his BMX, to be fair.

I have superior RWD miata NA
My friends f20b turbo ek civic could destroy your shit car in every way
So could I after my engine swap

Prelude owners are morons who buy cars that look fast but arent, it shouldn't be rwd. Fwd is a compromise like Pepsifag told me

Sorry I realized how that sounds but it's what I think is the truth desu

For one, your comparing a stock car to a highly modded one

your obviously trolling or a dumbass

>it shouldn't be rwd. Fwd is a compromise
thats a logically fallacy with in itself

Rwd cars always have more potential
If it's ff it should be sub 2500 pounds stock if it wants to be a good platform
It's just facts
>fallacy
How

What's wrong with it?

im done

Its a good handling car with decent power for its time. the end

btw we all know your miata is never going to have that engine swap

Because it's an actual sport coupe than looks Grand Tourismo. Why is it so hard to understand?

It's a nice car. A sporty luxurious car. Doesn't really belong on a track, though.

Hm. Do they look better in real life? I always thought V looks much better, but I only saw IV on photos.

It's also sturdy as fuck and prone to survive multiple crashes.

Wrong!

My lewd

>/ccg/ - can't compete general

>Grand Tourismo
I tried.

autismo

found a prelude :)

This whole thread is embarrassing

post your lEWDS!

youtube.com/watch?v=jj8lSFBVoAw
youtube.com/watch?v=TapkhD6WHjM

>no weight reduction
>stock brakes

b8

What?

lol fwd

Why not buy a good car like miata or s14
Fwd has much less potential

Prelude.... a prelude to disappointment

damn son

LUDACRIS

LEWDACHRIS

DUDE, LEWD CHRIS

THE LEWD CHRISTINE

lol rwd

Having competent mods who could recognize Coreyposting would be great

>ff

Why buy a Pray LUDE when I cam have a Ras CAL

Can any user with a 4th gen take a pic of that fancy post-lift dash and gauges lit up? Even better if it's a webm.

Mods, why would you delete my post but not the thread itself? Do you really know this little about Veeky Forums? One of our resident shitposters loves creating FWD vs RWD threads centered around the Honda Prelude. This shitposter is known as Corey, although he only posts as user. This is one of his threads.

I don't own mine anymore, so have a pic I found

>all day cel
What a shit car

They're slow, heavy, understeering dogs

this isn't corey you fucking retard, he has a white civic

Yo don't respond to bait posters

Corey has a white prelude

It's a fucking picture on the internet. Corey is obsessed with shitposting about the Prelude. Ergo, a thread about preludes littered with poor grammar and other gibberish can pretty easily be identified as a Corey thread.

close enough
You're an idiot. He also has a specific filename style. This thread isn't his you fucking idiot.

I know his filename style idiot, he doesn't always use it.

All you're doing is making claims without evidence. Fuck off, shitposter.