Are there any modern sports similar to pankration?

Are there any modern sports similar to pankration?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_mxPgYe1wM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wrestling

being gay

gym showers.

when gay couples play wrestle as foreplay

Are you kidding me?

youtube.com/watch?v=H_mxPgYe1wM

MMA
But
Boxing is better by a long haul. MemeMA is still on its infancy stages. Any sport in which white people can succeed in is shit tier, with the exception of ice hockey. One black people get into mma a better product will arise.

MMa, it is literally a modern pankration with a few more few more rules

and gayer

The greeks invented the homoerotic art of wrestling and UFC rules mostly punish grapplers because of people like Royce Gracie riding an opponent for 30 minutes until they get tired and make a mistake. If anything it was gayer back in the day, they fought naked afterall.

Weird opinion, especially since Jon Jones is considered by most the best fighter ever, maybe besides Fedor.

>best UFC/MMA fighter ever
>popped for roids and coke and crashing into pregnant women

Which is all you need to know bout ufc/MMA and the quality of their sport.

Hey if you expect athletes to be moral role models the joke is on you.

MMA is a different style of fighting, more like grappling which white people are better at

blacks have longer arms so they make good boxers but whites have greater core strength.

No, not at all, but if the goat of your sport is a man with the discipline and maturity of Jon Bones Jones, that's not much of a sport desu senpai.

>discipline and maturity
What does that have to do with anything? JBJ could murder a top NFL or Olympic athlete with his bare hands that's all that matters.

Kek no he can't. His own brother would wipe the floor with him.

No. Martial arts is not just about sheer strenght.

>martial arts

Are we talking about martial arts or murdering someone with your bare hands? Those are 2 different things.

In an unarmed fight to the death a person trained in martial arts wins 10/10 times against a non-trained person. What is the issue here?

>In an unarmed fight to the death a person trained in martial arts wins 10/10 times against a non-trained person.
No. Not at all. There are a ton of men in state prison who would literally make a martial autist their girlfriend. Martial arts are what they say they are, an art. I love martial arts, I box, I've done MMA, and people who say that combat sports=street fighting are complete nuts who haven't done either.

>There are a ton of men in state prison who would literally make a martial autist their girlfriend.
Nice unproven conjecture. Unless, of course, you're talking about meme martial arts such as kung fu. UFC 1 proved that a smaller man can beat the bigger man with superior grappling technique, even from the guard. And once you have got the choke hold on you can literally kill someone if you don't let go.
>I've done MMA
Me too. So fucking what? We're not talking about an average sedentary burger going to a mcdojo for six months, we're talking about JBJ against other athletes untrained in martial arts.

Sambo
Its a Russian Martial Art

>who say that combat sports=street fighting are complete nuts who haven't done either.

The only thing Different from Combat Sports and Street Fights are the situational factor. A Fighting Style is a Fighting Style and whoever has the best wins

>nice unproven conjecture

On one hand you have an athlete fighting with rules, on the other ryou have men who literally kill men with their hands. I go with the proven killers. I would bet Prime Thomas Silverstein, who killed 2 prison guards with his bare hands over JBJ or Fucking Mike Tyson.

JBJ would beat most in a MMA match. He would beat most men in a street fight yes, but there are men out there who would make him their bitch. Seriously. JBJ is a fucking bum who couldn't even keep his nose clean to fight Daniel Cormier TWICE and is probably going to be suspended for 2 years. UFC is a bum sport.

>UFC 1 proved

Ufc 1 proved that a smaller man can beat the bigger man with superior grappling and technique, in a fucking MMA UFC match. It didn't prove shit about street fighting because UFC is a fucking sport. Again if you think combat sports=real fighting you are fucking retarded and haven't done either.

The situational factor is everything. If you can't understand that, well, I don't blame you.

Of Course, but it depends what kind of situation you would put JBJ in. Knife/Gun Fight, Being Cornered in a small alley, or just straight hand to hand combat. What the guy is claiming is that JBJ can beat anybody, given a fair fight.

Oh I know the difference alright. But here's the thing, we're not talking about prison killers, you're the one that brought that up. What we're talking about is non trained athletes from other sports such as football against the likes of JBJs, if you think they don't wouldn't get destroyed then you're seriously retarted.

Damn this thread turned into an Old /asp/ Discussion

Pahlavan

Which is basically Iranian wrestling and unnarmed combat martial arts that have been passed on for nearly 2500 years to this day

In fact I think wrestling is still the most popular sport in Iran to this day

Greeks wrestled in the nude and had butt sex afterwards.

So the UFC isn't THAT much gayer

18+
18+
Gain height
Have sex
Etc

>in a fucking MMA UFC match

UFC 1 had no rules except eye gouging I think.

I miss old /asp/, despite everything. New /asp/ is basically just /wooo/.

Fox only
Final destination

Anal sex.

turkish wrestling, i would have thought, although this may even predate the hellenisation of interior anatolia