/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 13th:
1553 – Michael Servetus is arrested by John Calvin in Geneva, Switzerland as a heretic.
1814 – The Convention of London, a treaty between the United Kingdom and the United Provinces, is signed in London, England.
1831 – Nat Turner witnesses a solar eclipse which caused the sky to appear a blue-green color, which he envisioned as a black man's hand reaching over the sun. Eight days later he and 70 other slaves kill between 55-65 whites in Southampton County, Virginia.

>News
EU4 DD11/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-11th-of-august-2016.962333/

CK2 DD 18: Optimization and Modding
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-18-optimization-and-modding.962057/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

paradoxplaza.com/news/Europa-Universalis-Rome-2-Announcment/
mediafire.com/download/wwhan1nlak28lx2/Germany.doc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Dietrich
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_National_Salvation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ante_Pavelić
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulan_(Khazar)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazar_Correspondence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

1ST FOR SUCC

Also praise steamgruppe

Crusader chinks where

Daily reminder that La Plata is the rightfull capital of Argentina and the United Provinces

Starting an EUIV 800 point custom nation game. What should I do that'll be fun? Thinking Muslim caliphate or united Slavic nation.

Muslim caliphate

EU:Rome 2 before vicky 3 confirmed
paradoxplaza.com/news/Europa-Universalis-Rome-2-Announcment/

What happens when der führer dies?

>eu4 nothing is fun in that

It would be more believable if you didn't misspell 'announcement' retard

Probably a civil war, I haven't done any events about it yet but it's definitively one of the things i want to add before release. What do you think should happen? Also, how old should Hitler get?

>i don't like game

t. liquor pro

delete this

whom are you quoting
point me to the individual in this thread who stated "eu4 nothing is fun in that"
that's right, you can't
either learn to use your greater than signs with properly inserted line breaks or return to reddit

>civil war
Are you autistic enough to read books?
Man in the High Castle did address this (TV series isnt at the point yet)

Anyway a power struggle - Himmler/Goerring/Goebbels .
Sounds like a good way to make a diverging point from there.

Now where should each one of them go...id assume Goerring hates English because he was humiliated during Battle of Britain...not sure about others.

can you post hitler mod?

>when someone says they want victoria 3 despite KNOWING paradox's recent history

>Are you autistic enough to read books?
Not really

And i think the parts of Russia that are already a part of Germany or a collaborationist government would probably help Himmler, since they would probably be administered by the SS, (And Burgundy if you chose to form it), maybe Goebbels would get most of Germany proper, and i don't really know about Goering, though i think i have some ideas. I'll ask here later, when there's more people, maybe If i don't get banned again
It's not finished yet, so unless you want to play a broken mess, no.

Reposting
>1 Dragoon
>1 Hussar
>1 Cuirassier
For what fucking purpose? Isn't the sole scope of cavalry in V2 the recon bonus?

>Also, how old should Hitler get?
can it be random?

Goerring is Bavarian and his father was officer in African colonies. Maybe he would get South Germans and...military (since other two arent in it)

Hitler wasn't soing so hot as early as 1944. I couldn't seem him getting to 1950 without some serious stroke or some shit.

Yes. But he's not going to die in 1948 obviously, it should start at one date, like say 1963 and have a big-ish mtth
ok

>Hitler survives to 1963
>drug user
>literally had 90 different drugs prescribed to him
>given bull testostorone injection
>given coke
>Parkinson

He would survive 1950 tops.

If i were to give the event a random chance of Germany turning into a democracy (literally 1%) 'random' would make only one of the events fire, while 'random_list' could make more than one even fire right? or is it the exact opposite?

1% of what, yearly?

maybe there could be some events where you are given the chance to spend tons of money trying to keep him alive? obviously the % chance of him surviving would decrese every year until its unavoidable

Actually, its the opposite, im autistic
Yeah, i don't know, maybe one of the reasons Germany won was that Hitler didn't get so crazy by the last half of the war, i literally just did pic related to pick a date
When you get the event "Hitler dies" you would have one option, and there would be 99% that X event fires (the civil war one) or 1% chance that X other event fires (Germany peacefully moving to a """democracy"""")

I rate him 0/0/0/0/0

Spending vast amount of money for medical care for a single person is basically drop in the ocean for whole state. You could for instance do chain of events for Hitler to recuperate in France and perhaps get assassinated later on.
Then it triggers a major war while other nazi leaders fight for the chair..

What should Goebbels get? Seems like he could Jew the Nazis.

Here's the list of German war aims with sources, HitlerModGuy
mediafire.com/download/wwhan1nlak28lx2/Germany.doc

>Goebbels was minister of propaganda
YOU DONT FUCKING SAY

Is this going to hack my computer and steal my mod? Thanks lad, I'll read it when the thread dies a bit or I stop getting (You)s

How the fuxk do you get viceroys to work?

I know, thats why I'm asking if he could get a lot of stuff or not, I imagine he could get people to support Him.

Fucking play a campaign of Fatherland mod, you dick. It's basically what you're trying to do anyways.

Yeah, I'll probably do that at some point, It's not like I have a super original idea, but I don't really just want to steal from them you know?

>Yeah, i don't know, maybe one of the reasons Germany won was that Hitler didn't get so crazy by the last half of the war
Did he also learn how to genetically modify himself so he's no longer got Parkinson's and his congenital heart condition were no longer present?

Hitler isn't going to live until the '60s. Even he believed he would likely be dead before the mid-1950s (realistically he was a hypochondriac and believed he was more likely to die before he even saw 1950), and with his Parkinson's it's entirely possible he would have been effectively incapacitated even earlier.

Goebbels was a cripple and disliked by other higher ranked Nazis mang.
People like heroes and only hero around is Goerring.

Goebbels would probably ally himself with a big war hero and influence media to make him into Hitler successor.

Hmm.....he wouldnt pick Guderian and such because those people are bad puppets.
How about....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Dietrich

Friendly reminder that the krauts lost the Battle of Britain thanks to Goering.

Yeah, in this universe Hitler is a super-mutant mecha robot, Germany will also get an event in 1957, about Hitler jumping on a V2 and funding a base on the Moon, where he lives for the rest of the game. Yeah, i'll probably make the event be possible to fire from 1949, but since it's going to be semi-random he could make it to like, 1955, 1958 or something.

I feel Himmler would have won the civil war, as he could have ensured the loyalty of the fanatical SS whilst the rest of the military would be in complete disarray.

Depends if airforce went to Goerring or not.

Many thanks HMG, however based on the reading, you have the German-French border wrong (based on Pg 26 of the .pdf) Here's a picture of the Holy Roman Empire's Western border, what Hitler planned, and a hypothetical map of what it'd look like. Please consider changing your mod

How could the airforce do shit without boots on the ground?

Do You think that the Soviets would have straight out invaded Germany? Or do you think the Americans and/or Japs would stop them, so Germany would be in a Civil war for longer, and so the Commies wouln't get too strong. Also I don't think the Americans or Japs would intervene, since if any of them intervened, the other would invade.

Throw some Vicky 2 tips for a new player please I beg you

Read the First and the Last by Adolf Galland.

How do you trigger the second decision for Scandinavia after the Kalmar Union in HPM?

I can't see shit on my decisions tab

I'll leave that decision to the player at the start of the game, thanks.
Play my mod

Read the fucking wiki.

Depending upon the scenario he's trying to create Goering would be a poor choice for a leader, or at least a poor choice for a strong contender. Most of the Nazi elite IRL hated him by the end of the war because his total incompetence in leading the Luftwaffe; he had lost a great deal of power.

As long as its start date is late '40s that's reasonable.

Don't discount the possibility of the military trying to independently install their own dictator, or possibly even trying to reinstate the Kaiser. There were many loyalist officers, but even in the event of a victory against the Russians there would still be plenty of officers who were not Nazi Party members or supporters.

Soviets would have invaded regardless of what America thought, but they might have avoided an invasion depending upon whether or not the Japanese supported the ruler who had territorial control over the Reichskomissariats. They wouldn't want a war on two fronts after already suffering a huge defeat.

USA would ally with Soviets and try to dislodge Germany before massive recession kicks in again.

Get HPM.
Get Panama and Suez.

>encourage bureaucrats at the start so your states have 100% efficiency (you can check their efficiency by clicking the map mode that looks like a little gavel)
>always run 4 inf/4 art/ 1 engineer/1 hus, this is the optimal army for occupation, sieging and warfare, and it's neatly multipliable
>get 4% intellectuals for super intelligence

>or possibly even trying to reinstate the Kaiser.
Stopped reading there.

Thank you HMG, I saw your post on the options the other day, and none of them matched what I posted at all. Would you perhaps add a (fifth) option where instead of creating an SS Stadt Burgund, the player annexes everything up to the old HRE borders? It would be greatly appreciated

Peter

>Soviets would have invaded regardless of what America thought, but they might have avoided an invasion depending upon whether or not the Japanese supported the ruler who had territorial control over the Reichskomissariats. They wouldn't want a war on two fronts after already suffering a huge defeat.
I think the Japs would definitively try to stop them, since they wouldn't want a new power right at their border. Especially since, something i want the Soviets to be able to do, is fund commie rebellions all across asia and africa, trying to fuck with Japan's SoI, with the excuse of "only communism can free you from the shackles of imperialism" or something.
Yes, I'll definitively add that, they wouldn't look exactly like the one you posted though, because of the shapes of the provinces, I'll see when i add it.

Hitler and the nazis had a personal rivalry sith the aristocracy. He considered it partly their fault for versailles andthe colapse of Germany and they considered him a peasant upstart trying to become a gutter king like Napoleon.

The general of the Geran forces in SW Africa, Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck personally called Hitler a cuck.

1. Get Charlemagne DLC.
2. INHERIT THE BYZANTINE THRONE. Winning by conquest removes imperial administration.
3. Get good, son.
4. Use "grant viceroyalty" and not "grant title" you dummy.

Be jelly of my fucking kickass government flavor.

Thank you very much HMG, here have a GrossPoloniums

I can't grant viceroys for some reason, do you need to be byzie?

>Oder-Niesse
Disgusting, if anything it should go further east, and own Lithuania
Is pic related good?

Germany would never directly own the netherlands. Have them be a puppet and change their colour to a grey/orange mix, like #D99058

Serbia would be released as puppet goverment user.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_National_Salvation

You need to have imperial administration or duchies viceroyalty law (which comes with imp. admin.). Byzzies start out with imperial admin. Everyone else has to tech up to get it. Only feudal characters can get it. Winning a faction war for the throne will keep imp. admin. around as well, btw.

Most CK2 runs that aren't Byzzies will be spent with the second half/last third on kingdoms viceroyalties and almost never duchy viceroyalties.

You can get imperial admin as a merchant republic character if a faction starts to put your designated heir on the throne and then the inheritance happens. Unlanded characters are allowed in factions for feudal claims but merchant republicans are not. Also, there has to be a war otherwise the character will just go to the throne and the player will be stuck in the republic.

see But yeah, if that bothers you, you can always release it as a puppet if you want. I will
There's a little gray thing next to Croatia. Maybe I'll make an event for Italy later, right now they're a puppet of Italy.

Also Imperial admin requires Majesty 5 to get and Late feudal requires legalism 3 to get.

haven't been here in about a week, who the fuck is this hitler mod faggot

Why will no one convert to Judaism in my Semien game? I even control Dhofar, so my moral authority is higher than it usually is.

What tech level is IA? Can kangs get it?

*I will change the colour though.

Some nigger shitposter from argentina

Croatia would be rather a puppet of Italy than Serbia user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ante_Pavelić
>schemed an Italian protectorate of Croatia separate from Yugoslavia

Still i would rather argue Mussolini would get crap rewards from winning the war as usual.

Majesty level 5 (cultural tech). Only selectable after late feudal admin (legalism level 3).

You have to be an emperor. Kings cannot get it. I believe kings might be able to do the duchy viceroyalty law without imperial admin, but it's like -10 vassal limit.

Wait, never mind. Kings can't do kingdom viceroyalties so they can't get duchy viceroyalties at all (necessary stepping stone).

Get more holy sites or play as ez mode Jews like the Khazars.

>th khazars were jewish
nice /pol/ post

Is it possible to become a monarchy as the USA?

My goals are
>Become Monarchy
>let CSA secede peacefully
>annex mexico

Would these be good borders for whenever i change the province shapes? I'm not going to change them till after release, but i want to know now
So You're saying Croatia should be an Italian puppet and Serbia should be independant/sphered?

Continuing from here

Greater Italian Union
Act II. Chapter III

The fragile peace that gripped the world has crumbled between the jackboots of the reactionaries. The Arab League and expansionist Greeks quickly dismantled the Ottoman Empire, installing a secular Turkish republic and claiming it's colonies. The Qing Empire has united the Chinese peoples, but already the Japanese have landed on the coast and are advancing inwards at a rapid rate. To the east, Austria and Romania have split the state of Hungary, and the Bulgars have been occupied by the Romanians. Most troubling to Il Duce is the unprecedented pace at which the Nationalist French and Prussians have destroyed the Commune of France. Along the southern coast Petain has taken up residence in Vichy, while the Hohenzollern Francois the Third rules in Paris. Mosley resists on the Isles, but with Canada and Germany marching on they have little hope.

If Italy is to survive this brave new world it needs to expand. Mussolini has given the go ahead for Operazione Battisti, the liberation of Venice, Trento, and the annexation of the Adriatic Coast

Is it worth it to pursue nuclear weapons and jet tech in HOI3+HPP if I'm playing as Italy?

Additional info: it's late 1939 and I have no rocket testing sites or nuclear power plants.

Both should be sphered and independent.

Next time someone change the number on the version on the OP to V8.

You make a good point, although doesn't Bosnia start as a sphereling, thus making it more sensible to use that flag? I don't remember actually.

And i forgot the pic, again. I'm a retard desu
can you make me some flags, querido amigo negro?

Well, since I finally released the pack, with all the bumps along the way taken care of, yeah, I can.
So it was SS Burgundy, Muscovy and something else?

>HitlerMod
Explain this. I haven't been here in a couple weeks,

Jeez, the second Weltkrieg didn't last long, did it?

I think you're thinking of the "Ashkenazi are descended from Khazars" hypothesis. The Khazars were Jewish. King Bulan converted the state to Judaism from paganism after hosting a theological debate between a rabbi, a priest, and an imam. The priest and imam both preferred Judaism over the other faith and it allowed the kingdom to stay out of religious conflict between Christian states and Muslim states.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulan_(Khazar)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazar_Correspondence

Some user already made an SS Burgundy flag yesterday, it's good enough for now. And actually, I'd prefer if you made some flags for occupied Australia, Japan, and India. Basically change their flags to have a Japanese flag instead of an Union Jack. If you come up with something better feel free to give it a go. You can make the Muscovy flag some other day.

CoF got up to just about the Rhine, Syndie Netherlands was annexed and Germany came down along Switzerland. NattyFrance landed in the south and came storming up. Saw the National France - German partition of France event for the first time.

Germany wins ww2, pretty obvious desu, if you want to know more details just lurk for a while or wait for the mod to be released.

So why is the Crimean war ending in a month with Status Quo repeatedly and I as Sweden keep automatically accepting a white peace from the Russians in a different war?

>british union of fascists

>wat

So how would you guys fix HOI4?