/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

"Vita piracy WHEN?" edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-PKG installer released. twitter.com/SilicaAndPina/status/764307457791320064

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php
wololo.net/emulators-for-the-ps-vita/
buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Vita a shit

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

I'd taken quite the break from 3DS hacking, I'd just downgraded to 9.2 when that was first around and then stopped the process for a time to work on real life things.

Picking up the guide from the end of Step II and the beginning to Step III: I'm told to use Emunand from the homebrew menu to backup my sysnand to a safe location. It would appear that my older version of menuhax doesn't come with Emunand.

Should I just use the Emunand .zip and everything else from Step III, back up my Sysnand from there, and continue with the process as normal?

Vitas are for ____

I can't hold it anymore senpai

HenkaCocks WHEN? I wanna put my Vita to use

Reposting from end of last thread

So, retard who manged to follow a guide here, had a question Im hoping someone might have an answer for
So I have my N3dsxl with REInand as the cfw, and I decided to pick up a second microSD card to use for RPG games.Ive copied everything over just fine to the new card but I realized that I dont think I unlinked my nintendo ID from my sysnand ever. I know its not really going to affect much, but if I follow the directions to unlink my ID from SYSNAND, wiping out my installed games on the new card, will my ID still be linked on my original card?

nogaems

Posting it in new thread

Can you use the same flash drive to put your wii and gamecube games for usb loader gx and nintendont? Do they have to be in fat32?

filling all of her orifices.

Fuck piracy, PS1 core when?

sexual.

Put it on top of some papers or use it on doors. Works fine

Any features that make the transition to a9lh worth it? I'm still running the classic rxtools with emunand.

>this meme again

Trying to boot up EmuNAND9 by pressing power + Y on my DS but nothing's happening, what do I do?

A partition is recomended for both one side with Wii games and the other with GameCube games if memory serves me right.

I want stars too

>Actual Console
>Fisher Price Toy

What is she doing?

I just noticed it but is the Slim version screen smaller than the 1k?

Refusing to open her Kernel's backdoor.

I did that with bootice like the guide said. I try to rip smash like the guide said but I got "0.00gb of free space error". How do I fix this?

Hey, that's a PSP. Vita's charging port looks different.

I'm surprised development on the vita has slowed down after being on fire for the week henkaku released.

I'm really hoping for psp iso loader on the vita fuck vita games

money puzzle exchange fag here
anyone can help me to seput my neogeo emu on vita and play that fuckin game
plz :(

Pretty much everything we got on the first week was repurposed from the Rejuvenate hack from 1 year ago.

It would help me a lot to know this on the 3DS

>Own a Vita
>"fuck Vita games"

For what purpose? I mean, I look forward PSP piracy on Vita too, but if that was my sole purpose I'd buy a PSP instead of a Vita.

The Vita is a huge upgrade over the PSP, even for PSP games.

I'd never meme you babe

I'm curious, what does the guide mean by "Reboot into SysNAND and get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice (menuhax will always launch the Homebrew Launcher from SysNAND)"?

I'm at the standard home screen after following all of the prior steps, my System Settings shows me as 9.2.0-20U, etc.

Do I just return to the homebrew launcher now?

Yes. Just go to homebrew (whatever your method of accessing it_ from your menu, as at that step, you're booting from sysnand at default

Any workarounds to syncing your trophies without updating on Vita?

I'm on part 4 of the 3DS guide and I know I saw FBI on the homescreen before but now it's gone and I can't fucking install it via Decrypt9 to sysnand or emunand because it doesn't detect the fbi_with_banner file when I try injecting. What the fuck?

For what purpose?

That's what I had thought, the language was just a tad bit unclear.

Wouldn't want to brick anything.

Thanks.

I suppose I would just follow the initial homebrew setup (page 1) to get menuhax reinstalled on Sysnand?

bump

You can, but i'd just stick with browserhax

I just launched homebrew from 3ds start screen, but now it's saying "requesting the actual payload URL with HTTP..."
what do i do now?

Trophy e-peen.

No method as of right now, sorry lad.

I assume you're using browserhax? Or from the 3ds app?

Maybe say please? :)

>Press Y to format RedNAND

>Reboot back into RedNAND and complete initial setup without signing into your Nintendo Network ID

>Be patient, this boot after format has been reported take as long as two minutes for some users!
Getting increasingly nervous, screen has been black for three minutes.

It just gave me an error message :(
Apparently my "version/region" is not suppoted, IDK what that means

turn it off and on again, worked for me
this homebrewing stuff is scary

That is not even the scary part.

You're a fuckin' legend user, I love /hbg/

Who /waiting for short guide/ here? Can't be fucked spending another 3-4 hours on my other 3ds.

Just wait until you get to 2.1 user

:^)

Wait, is the browserhax website down?

H-how am I going to reinstall menuhax now!

>during downgrade process when most likely to brick
>go through process
>3ds doesn't turn on at all
>panic
>pee pants
>have a nervous break down

Thankfully I was just retarded and skipped a step. the part after installing A9LH; restoring to your redNAND backup

You should never be thankful that you're retarded.

Thankfully I can't have children

I can't inject FBI no matter what I do, I don't fucking get it

fucking hell browser hax is down

means your version/region is not supported

Shoulda done a9lh.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php

I guess you can try this?

It only shows the pc snapshot on my 3ds, fuck.

Can a9lh be done on firmware 4.2?

downgrade to 2.1

Does browserhax usually go down often? I just bought my New 3DS XL today in preparation of modding it tonight.

>people still struggling to emunand
>mfw been maining Lucas & Corrin in Sm4sh with pirated dlc for months

That's not going to work. The browserhax website returns specific payloads based on the user-agent of the browser, so naive caching isn't going to work

lately it has been going down yeah, just have to wait till it's back up

Fuck sake, I wait all this time for piracy to be easy as hell and the night I try the site goes down. That's a kick in the dick. I guess I'll just download some more games in the interim, since all I have to start with is Omega Ruby and Link Between Worlds.

>PKG installer released

What is this? I thought molecularshell and vitashell already did that.

>downloading games on your pc to transfer instead of just pirating them straight on your 3ds

good one

Any good themes?

>3DS Smash

user, I actually own that, but why would you do this?

Really? I assumed the placement of the files on the SD card would be finnicky regarding their placement, like when screwed around with softmodding the Wii. It's really as simple as downloading right through the browser? I'll have to give it a shot.

So I just bought a 3.60 Vita for Homebrew. What the heck do I do now?

What are some must have homebrew? How are the emulators? I understand I can't run VHBL now without a PS3 (Which I don't have), is anybody making a workaround for that?

What's the first thing I should do after installing Henkaku?

You don't just play isos from your card, you actually install the game as if you bought it from the eshop, and there are apps on the 3ds that basically make anything in the eshop free and you just choose what you want to download and let it go

>Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "EmuNAND Options", then "Miscellaneous...", and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
>Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A and confirm to inject
Why can't I see the FBI_inject_with_banner.app file even though I transferred it to the SD card? All I see is hs.app

remove hs.app from the sd

>I understand I can't run VHBL now without a PS3 (Which I don't have), is anybody making a workaround for that?
the pkgs installer that released today should actually be able to do something like this soon, if not already

>oh wait I forgot to copy it over LOL xD

>is anybody making a workaround for that?
Hopefully?

Some people were working on reversing HENkaku, which is promising. But it's a waiting game regardless.

Only Snes and Genesis are working optimally from what I've heard.

Other than that, you could try the other emulators here
wololo.net/emulators-for-the-ps-vita/

>What's the first thing I should do after installing Henkaku?
sell it and buy a 3ds

BUMP, HALP PLZ

Fucking hell, that sounds great. I assume I'd need the site for browserhax to be working in order to get a fresh-out-the-packaging 3DS to pull that off. Which puts me back square in the waiting game it seems. Oh well, glad to know I won't have to waste time transferring titles.

And for the record, as someone who's successfully softmodded his Wii and Wii U, softmodding this should be as easy as it seems to be once the site is up, correct?

browserhax is literally just the foot in the door, you have to do atleast the first 3 steps of plailect's guide to pirate, but you should just do all 5 to be future proofed

It's downgrading to 2.1.0 as I speak, sweating buckets. Why is this shit so tense?

buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/vita/
Get the second most recent one, install everything. Emulate the shit out of the SNES.
Join us in waiting for ARK or TN-V to show up on 3.60.
Enjoy the waiting game for vita piracy.

>get bored
>decide to change my NNID so I can mess with Badge Arcade again
>24 hours later and I'm already banned
Looks like I found out where all that fucking system stability went. I guess that also explains why nobody bothers dumping these things any more. Having to create a new NNID and listen to this little shit tell his fucking life story every single day just isn't worth the effort.

>will never find a legit dump of all the jp pokemon badges
actual depression

Just use GYTB
make a new nnid, get all the badges, dump them with gytb, repeat

If you're using a new 3DS, you're doing something unnatural to it. It's deviant behavior.

Soft modding my wii. Letterbomb just connects to and and installs on it? How does this work.

This is the most thrilling 3DS game you'll ever play. Enjoy it.

lets you install bootmii and homebrew channel that's about it that's pretty much all you need though the rest is up to you

Actually, It's a Flare Red old 3DS. Had it forever.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

The section at the bottom referring to 11.00 ver 3DS implies that I'm going to need to hardmod my console in order to get things running, or am I reading that wrong?

>he updated to 11.0, got all excited about downgrading, and even prematurely downloaded games
I'm so so so sorry cutie

11.0 needs hardmod or another cfw 3ds