Can you make a good track time attack car using only junkyard parts?

can you make a good track time attack car using only junkyard parts?
I'm sure you could find usable stuff there like brakes and other parts

just make this patchwork frankenstein car out of a honda or something

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCC6834cg7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, because good brakes, tires, and bushings aren't going to be in a scrap yard.

says who

your mum

A. somebody who would put those parts on a car would salvage them from it before sending it to the junkyard
B. If they didn't, rubber kinda likes to rot and get fucked up from just sitting out there.

No, but you could make a decent chump car if you spend a hell of a lot of time browsing scrap yards. Time attack is a lot of custom fabbing, not junk yard or even off the shelf performance parts. I hope you are good at machining and working with composites.

Can i have some of your pizza?

Nope! Im a college student dude!
El em ay oh I want cheap parts and thought if I tried hard enough and was dilligent I could find good stuff in junkyards
WHAT WHAT
nah

>cheese pizza thread
MOOOOOOODDDSSSSS

will removing bracing from my car's hood affect handling? i need weight reduction bro

damn am i a sucker for greasy pizza

How you think 90s civics get irs. From boneyard integras

aren't there junkyards that break exotics?

Yes but you're gonna have to grind and weld.

You could do that if you wanted to spend more than buying a nice running car on a piece of shit that won't work. This is one of those questions that if you even have to ask it's not going to happen. If you really want to build a cheap race car find a running car on Copart or similar with a non-rebuildable title (can never be registered again), every once in a while a half decent car will pop up with one.

I dont listen to morons from jalopnik who obsess over drivetrains

You can, if you manage to get your hands on a salvaged performance car with tires, brakes, suspension and powertrain intact and only need miscellaneous parts from the junkyard like lights, interior and body parts.

You can build a pretty decent foxbody with newer model mustang parts

IRS means racing tires and brakes now?

You're gonna need aftermarket parts to make it handle.

>all these naysayers

You can make it handle a straight line real gud

nah sun, have fun buying shitty parts thinking you're "better" cause they're brand new

no, of course not.

Feel free to present an actual counterargument.

Damn I want some pizza now

take some ZUH bro?

Google "model t gt". Also just get a cheap miata and gut it for maximum gravity reduction.

No way I don't want a miata

This thread is such shit

wtf goin on here

You get this from Costco m8?

did you

twiggly

Everyone who says you cant do it is a dumbass
The kind of people who respond to thrift store shopping with "why"

I don't know anything about making time attack cars, but junkyard race cars are definitely a thing.

The bracing on the hood does next to nothing for the car's structure, it's just there to keep the bonnet from flapping in the breeze

youtube.com/watch?v=cCC6834cg7Y

Nah

Not really. The people saying OP can't do it have probably actually been to a junkyard and pulled parts before, much unlike OP, who is the kind of faggot who asked a question even though he clearly already knows what he wants to do.
OP will never, ever, in a million years, be able to find the parts to make a GOOD time attack car. Maybe a decent chump car, but that's it.

I can make a race car out of wood and. doesn't mean it's going to be competitive.

Not with that attitude