/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #357 - Let's chill out Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GN-MXjZ99Hk
youtu.be/8zIDiHXvhOY
youtube.com/watch?v=kkvBBMn8hZ4
psnprofiles.com/trophy/38-SONIC-UNLEASHED/40-Hard-Boiled
youtu.be/hQzDeEtbvME
gamingforgood.net/s/LuckWEHSleven
discord.gg/Ahdrytp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good Times Here

First for calm, positive environments.

fast

How will you react when Sonic 2017 doesn't have any visual upgrades over the last few hedgehog engine games and still suffers from large amounts of pop in?

Time for Bully youtu.be/GN-MXjZ99Hk

Generations didn't have any pop-in, from what I remember. They just made the models low-res from a distance like in the PS1 era.

> remembered to correct thread counter
> good OP image
> good edition
> previous thread and thread music are there
> nos
let this be good thread

youtu.be/8zIDiHXvhOY

They also had the enemies looks like they were teleporting in.

>tfw my check marks didn't make it in
let's try these ones
>
>

I hardly noticed it. I think it's because they had to juggle a lot of active polygons moving at once.

this is nice thread

Which stage on your opinion was more difficult?

All of Eggmanland in Unleashed or the entirety of Asteroid Coaster?

Asteroid Coaster

Asteroid Coaster was hard?

Beep boop are robots allowed? Boop beep.

>Eggman brainwashed him for like five seconds and it never fucking went anywhere.
This. Not sure why that scene was even in the game for how little it mattered.

Eggmanland is one of the hardest Sonic stages period. Two different gameplay modes, each taking about twenty to twenty-five minutes to complete EACH, combined with an onslaught of difficult enemies and stage hazards along with the devilish level design and atmosphere/music. I get into a cold sweat just thinking about it.

01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01100110 01101001 01101110 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100 01110011 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01111001 00100111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100010 01100001 01100100 01101110 01101001 01101011 01110011 00101110

Gee I hope so

That should have been the boss after that scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=kkvBBMn8hZ4

I really love the good future version of act 3 for this zone. It's so rewarding and peaceful, and the jp ost fits the setting so well it's incredible. Though what's strange is how odd and unfitting the us ost is for this stage. Doesn't really seem cheerful at all, but I guess that is the theme of the us version of the game. Still don't get why they went for it, just seems so out of place for a sonic game.

Tell me your favorite Sonic memory.

Eggmanland was easy though. I could complete it within 4 Minutes.

Sure you could, user.

The first time I ever completed Pumpkin Hill in SA2 it took me half an hour on the same life.

psnprofiles.com/trophy/38-SONIC-UNLEASHED/40-Hard-Boiled

Why you doubt me?

Me and my best friend walked all the way from the suburbs where I live to the college campus eight blocks away so I could buy his copy of Sonic Generations and he could buy my copy, like a trade. We both went back home and beat it on the same day.

How do you get Aaron Webber in your Twitch Chat Stream Bruh? Everytime I stream a Sanic game no one appears.

This doesn't really prove anything, the hardest mission is completing it withing 45 minutes. That's rough for a Sonic game.

>so I could buy his copy of Sonic Generations and he could buy my copy
I don't get it, what's the purpose of doing that?

Probably watching the 25th anniversary party. I still don't even know what hit me.

We owned different consoles, so we just decided to mix it up I guess.

dude i'm stuck on pumpkin hill myself. fucks sake why is it so hard?

youtu.be/hQzDeEtbvME

It's just really big. For me, even if it didn't take as much time, I found Aquatic Mine harder due to the bullshit with the water levels (even though they're useless other than the lowest one).

rip ears

I guess its time to stream Sonic CD since not many people care about asking for Sonic Chaos

After all those years, going back to sonic 3 and passing that damn spiral barrel and beating robotnik.

How high class is that hornet user?

cool

the highest

>not fastest

gamingforgood.net/s/LuckWEHSleven

Get in here for some quality Sonic CD.
Voting for OST VERSION STARTS NOW

The last non-Sonic game you played now has Sonic as the main character.

How does it go?

>Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Sonic, Tails, and Silver (I don't know who else Aku Aku could be) stop Dr. Neo Cortex and Dr. Eggman Nega from using the Chaos Emeralds to alter time.

Does anyone have an image of the 25th anniversary party programme saved? The small leaflet given to visitors detailing the schedule.

Egg Harem

Who's the robot-fox?

Metamorphia from the Fleetway comic

The only thing Eggman loves is Metal Sonic

Robotnik is so tsundere for Sonic he made a robot version of him to be his right hand.

Perfect Chaos is CUTE

When you play Classic Sonic games on the PC what controller do you guys use? I just use my keyboard.

I accidentally posted this in the dead thread instead of this one

>Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
It'd be nice and easier to have a more traditional attack other than levers that drop rocks or taking over the enemies body, shooting their friends, and making them explode. Plus, the homing attack could let me jump over big gaps.

ps4 controller

>playing classic sonic games on the PC
just hook up your genny user

Why is Metamorphia on here? She hates Robotnik.

I don't own a genesis user that's before my time

I just use one of those madcatz controllers since I can swap out the sticks and pads to be either 360 or PS3 configuration or order new parts if I wear down one of the pieces over time. Certainly better than having to get a new controller every other year.

>Rhythm Heaven Megamix
I'd buy it.

>Modular controller
Sounds cool user, you have a picture of it?

Just look up madcatz 360 pro controller. They're fairly cheap if they haven't changed in price since I got mine.

Why is Palmtree Panic (Good Future) The best stage Music in CD?

get one, they're dirt cheap user

>It's a new /sthg/ episode
>mfw it's filled with BumpxSage pandering
Shipperfags ruined this series.

Forgot about how it should play.
>Sonic and helps Tibby get back to Rhythm Heaven
>Sonic helps his friends get back their flow by doing games.
>Some of the rythem games are old games reskined for Sonic. (Kung-Fu Man is replaced with Knuckles, Choris Kids are now Egg-Pawns, Wubadubadub is not Big the Cat or Eggman, etc.)
>New ones that have Sonic Music Remixes

Fuck I would buy this game so hard.

From the Bootleg thread on /v/

Keyboard. My first sonic game was S3&K on a PC disk.

Sonic Hot Shots Golf

A golf game with unlockable costumes for everyone. I play mostly as Amy and things are good.

Cream is OP still

If I'm emulating keyboard with reverse hands (left hand on directional buttons, right handon asd etc) an old habit from the zsnes.

If I put effort into being more comfortable then a USB 360 knockoff controller I bought for steam games.

Sonic Go.

FOLKS NOW HERE'S A STORY BOUT AMY THE MOOCHER
SHE WAS A HOT PINK HOOOCHIE COOCHER
SHE WAS THE ROUGH-IEST TOOOOOOOOOOOOUGHEST FRAIL
BUT AMY HAD A HEART AS BIG AS A WHALE
HOOOO DE HOOOOOO DE HO
HI DE HI DE, HI DE
HEEE DEEE EEE DEEEE
HO DE HOOO DE HOOOOOO

>First Contact with Tails and Yacker
>Rhythm Tweezers with Eggman
>Exibition Match with Amy and Eggman
>Tongue Lashing with Espio
>Sneaky Spirits with Frenzy Wisp
>Super Samurai Slice with Espio
>Hole in one with Silver
>Sumo Brothers with Eggman and Big
>Fan Club with Amy and Chao
>Tangotronic 3000 with Metal Sonic or Omega and Rouge
>Launch Party with various wisps
>See-Saw with Orbot and Cubot
>Kitties with Blaze and Big

This shit practically writes itself.

Doing the tornado section in Windy Valley for the first time. Just that whole "Oh shiiiiiiiiittttt" moment when the music changes; and then you get to the top and it's this amazing blue-sky vista with limitless FAST sky platforms stretching off into the distance.
It's my fav level to this day.

discord.gg/Ahdrytp

Oh my

is this where the memes are at?

I'm rewatching the anniversary stream, it's pretty dramatic how much Johnny improves after the first several songs.

Also, I'm convinced he's at least a bit crazy.

Also Jun had only had one piece of sushi. And that's awful.

ya dude

nigga musta been hungry af

This idea for a wallpaper popped in my head and I decided to experiment with gimp to see what I'd get.

Pic related is the work in progress. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I just... really like space and sonic and space seem to be a pretty good mix. Anyone have any suggestions for how to make it better? Or should I just it? I will admit it feels pretty autistic.

Not sure about the eyes. I originally was going to have them dark as well but now I can't decide. Half of me says "that looks pretty cool" but the other half of me says "That doesn't make any sense from a lighting perspective."

Something in the back of my mind tells me that a picture like this exists on the internet already, but I'm not sure.

Also this is not the actual resolution. I've been working on it in 4k, just had to shrink it down for Veeky Forums.

It does look awkward, but I'm not sure how you could improve it.

I think the awkwardness might come from me not following the rule of thirds, but I think that if I did, the landscape would take up too much of the image.

I wish I had a better picture of sonic to use as well. That was the best I could find that sort of works in that context.

Even throwing in just a couple small distant hills or mountains at the bottom could give the image a bit more perspective. Maybe some simple vegetation, too - just something to make the grass look a little less tacked-on.

That's a really nice galaxy shot in the background, but if you played with the contrast / hue a little bit, make it a bit more dark and vibrant, it could make Sonic fit in a bit more naturally.

Bright eyes look good on Sonic, IMO.

Thanks for the ideas! Should I make the distant hills/mountains a lighter shade of gray so they don't destroy the foreground, or should I have the foreground/sonic lighter?

I think my issue is that probably because of the eyes I expect Sonic to look dark but shaded and not completely black, so it feels awkward.

Also, it would probaly not be so hard to make a picture like the one you need with some time in Blender.

No problemo, user.

I like the all-black, but you could try putting some dark gray highlights in the grass / hills to make it illuminated, but you might have to try putting the same highlights on Sonic so it doesn't look out of place.

I would see how it all looks in black and then maybe experiment with some gray if you're not satisfied.

The American OST for Sonic CD is inferior in every way in each stage.

420 blaze it you bunch of weirdo pooves

I think it would be better if you made Sonic stand on the tip of a cliff instead so as the ground to not cover the entire bottom of the image.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Some more food for thought: I've re-organized some things to follow the rule of thirds. Sonic's head is in a 2/3 spot, and the band of stars is now 1/3rds from the top of the image. I had to sacrifice some clarity of the background stars for this though. Maybe this feels more natural?

I'm going to experiment with , maybe putting sonic on a cliff will help.

I'll also experiment with the shading as suggested by and As of now, which version do you guys think looks better?

Forgot picture...

That's actually a bit better, yeah. The uneven ground and the weird grass effects looks a tad jarring though.

Needs Death Egg (s)
Needs Asteroids
Needs Floating Chaos Emeralds *as stars*
Needs more planets

YOU TURNED HIM AGAINST ME

Should I get rid of the grass, or will adding more foliage help?

Yossy is my fave sonic character next to WaSonic