Is it true that cars older than 15 years always cost more than they're worth in repairs?

Is it true that cars older than 15 years always cost more than they're worth in repairs?

oh sheeit
>tfw i might buy an '02 lancer

yes

Ignore trip fags

On what time scale? My fiancee bought a 2002 Century for $2k and she's only put $400 dollars into non-maintenance repairs, and really it was her fault for running over a curb. The previous owner bought it in 2001, so it is 15.

that makes no sense

Very common cars have cheap parts, even old ones. However if you have a collision even a minor one is likely to total it.

why not?
harder-to-find parts (depending on the model) would become more expensive + labor if you don't know how to work on your car

No.

Lol what? Who told you that?
>paid 3500 for ranger with nice paint
>only needed an idler pulley after a fee thousand miles
>been good since

If you don't do the repairs yourself probably.

No get a toyota. my 18 year old toyota has cost me $100 in repair costs over 8 years.

Not necessarily. An old Corolla will cost you nothing to maintain and will probably outlive you. An E30 318i will need the difference in selling price and original price spent in repairs and maintenance to be happy.

Depends on the car.

No. It's not impossible, mind you, and a car that old had better be collectible or something

fucking hell m8, you're terrible at using words to express yourself clearly

how out of touch are you

Uh I guess
>$400 1995 volvo 850
>new brakes, engine/transmission oil and new ignition switch have run me just over that

yes and no.
>yes if
the vehicle has been neglected or has lots of deferred maintenance. it it was a vehicle with a limited production (no, but
it really relies on what you can do to keep operating costs down (such as by doing the work yourself) and noticing problems before they get bad, such as inspecting the vehicle monthly and continuing to follow manufacturers service intervals. The nicest, most reliable car won't save you from a catastrophic shop repair bill because you never performed regular maintenance

???????????????
?are you dyslexic?
???????????????

Depends on the car
I have a 1992 ford ranger with over 220k miles on it and the only thing I'ce ever had to do is oil changes and headlight replacing

Maybe, but is it cheaper to get a new car? Probs not.